new at this forum [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

new at this forum

ubrunjensen
09-27-2003, 02:56 PM
Hello fellow Grosjean-admirers!
I'm new at this forum and am I happy to have stumbled over your great tennis forum! I discovered a newfound passion for tennis when I watched the Australian Open in 2001 and suddenly saw this talented and very cute French player, Grosjean...but nobody seemed to know anything about him, and here in Denmark they don't show that much tennis on the telly - undless you can afford to pay for it - and I can't. So I usually only watch the Grand Slams and a few select other tournaments, like the Stella Artois, and for some mysterious reason they hardly ever show the matches played by Grosjean, unless he plays QF, SF or finals...
Anyway, it's great to see that I'm not the only one who supports Grosjean and wants him to win something big.
It's nice to meet you all and let's hope he does qualify for the Masters in the end. Or just wins a singles title this year!

Lindsayfan
09-27-2003, 03:38 PM
hi and welcome! :wavey: I hope you'll have a nice time here with us and you'll keep posting! :)

ubrunjensen
09-27-2003, 04:26 PM
Hello Lindsayfan!
Thanks for the welcome - and yes, I will keep posting!
Does anyone know the draw for Grosjean in round 1 in Tokyo? I can't get into the draws at atptennis.com.

Lindsayfan
09-27-2003, 04:36 PM
you can find all draws and results from tournaments on this forum,in the main page where it says "upcoming tournaments".

Marine
09-27-2003, 05:03 PM
Welcome to you, ubrunjensen ! :wavey:
Here you 'll find all info about Seb !

Alison
09-27-2003, 09:02 PM
Hello ubrunjensen :wavey: :)

I'm fairly new here myself.Keep posting and fingers crossed for Tokyo :D

Like you we don't get much tennis on tv,and hardly ever Sebastien :rolleyes: But that doesn't stop me from following his matches :D

Lindsayfan
09-27-2003, 11:19 PM
you girls dont have Eurosport? :eek: i couldnt live without...LOL

Marine
09-27-2003, 11:34 PM
I've got FINALLY eurosport (and sport +, and paris premiere =tennis channels) since thursday !
I will see l'open de moselle, madrid, lyon, bercy etc.... :hearts:

ubrunjensen
09-28-2003, 10:06 AM
Hello again!
Oh yes, I do have Eurosport, but I don't know if they will show any of the last tournaments that Grosjean participate in.
Marine, you are so lucky! I really envy you, to be able to see our guy play in Madrid, Lyon and Bercy! I can only cross my fingers and hope Eurosport will have pity on me and show some tennis...

Lizan
09-28-2003, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the forum ubrunjensen.. Cool to have another Seb fan on this forum.. Difficult name by the way.. Is that denish??

Alison
09-28-2003, 05:55 PM
Yes I've got Eurosport!But there's never enough tennis on it :rolleyes:

Lindsayfan
09-28-2003, 06:39 PM
wow Marine,i'm so happy for you! so since now we'll watch the same tournaments and can comment what we see! :yeah:

ubrunjensen
09-29-2003, 11:22 AM
Hello Lizan,
Yes, the name's Danish, but I've cheated a little. The u is really my initial, it stands for Ulla, my first name, and brunjensen is actually my two surnames, Brun and Jensen. That's the mystery solved.
Cool? Yes, I couldn't agree more. It was just so great to discover all you guys and this forum, now I don't feel alone with my secret passion for Grosjean and tennis...

Marine
09-29-2003, 04:17 PM
Marine, you are so lucky! I really envy you, to be able to see our guy play in Madrid, Lyon and Bercy!

YES ! And I go to Bercy on thursday 30 october !
:)

ubrunjensen
09-29-2003, 05:11 PM
:p Marine, envy is a bad thing - but do I envy you!
Imagine to actually see Grosjean live...
You must support him really well, on my behalf, too.
How many matches do you plan to see and is it expensive?
If you get his autograph, tell me all about it, all the details, what he looked like, what you said.
:D How I wish I were you...

Lindsayfan
09-30-2003, 08:36 AM
if i know Marine,i think she wont be asking for autograph or something.she just prefers to watch matches,take pix but not really bother players.
she isnt a stalker like me! :p :devil:

ubrunjensen
09-30-2003, 11:37 AM
How can anyone not want to be a stalker if they get the chance to actually meet Grosjean?
On the other hand, one might be too shy to approach him even if he is pretty used to people asking for autographs and pix...

Marine
09-30-2003, 05:55 PM
You know me well, Vale ! lol
At first, I don't like to approach players for asking them autographs and stuff.
Secondly, in France, it's not easy to appracoh french players, especially Seb , because everybody love him and want to get autographs.
Thirdly, in indoor tournaments (in Bercy) it's not possible to meet players, when they leave the court, they directly go to the backstages, it's not like in outdoor...

esther
10-01-2003, 04:06 AM
i cant beleive how many new people we're getting here...welcome ubrunjensen!!!

yeah we dont get many of seb's matches here either, altho this year our cable tv is showing heaps of tennis but have only shown a few seb matches that i know of...

marine do you have french eurosport or the english speaking eurosport? is eurosport all the same throughout europe?