injury update (Duckboy/Fish) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

injury update (Duckboy/Fish)

tennischick
11-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Roddick's injury is not serious
Published November 13, 2005

Andy Roddick, who dropped out of this week's $4 million Masters Cup tournament because of a bad back, is not seriously injured and expects to be ready in two weeks to begin training for the 2006 season.

The problem is muscular, not disk related, and one of the major factors in Roddick's decision not to go to Shanghai was sitting for 15 hours on an airplane with this lumbar strain.

Plus, he probably wouldn't be able to practice when he got to the Far East. So he has gone home to Austin, Texas, and his coach, Dean Goldfine, is back in Aventura getting reacquainted with his family.

Meanwhile, Robby Ginepri, who finished the season at No. 17, is in great position to make a rush to the top 10 because he has only 45 points to defend between Jan. 1 and Indianapolis in July, where he won the title this year and began his surge.

Mardy Fish, who played only 17 matches because of a lingering wrist problem, has had a second surgery on the hand and is recovered enough to play the annual Tom Gullikson charity event in Naples next Saturday.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/tennis

prima donna
11-13-2005, 11:47 PM
I think his "injury" is Federer-related, we'll leave the rest to the imagination. He's had an awful year, what a way to end the season; on a brave and positive note, hiding from the rest of the tour.

El Legenda
11-13-2005, 11:50 PM
he didnt wanna lose to Ljubicic 3 straight times :)

amierin
11-14-2005, 12:19 AM
I think his "injury" is Federer-related, we'll leave the rest to the imagination. He's had an awful year, what a way to end the season; on a brave and positive note, hiding from the rest of the tour.

Just think he would've played Fed last night.

ETA: Andre Agassi is now saying he sprained his ankle playing racquet ball and may not be 100%. :rolleyes:

mangoes
11-14-2005, 12:24 AM

I'm going to agree with you guys now. This is really something from Andy :rolleyes: Roger is there recovering from a crutch required injury, Nadal is there with knee problems, Agassi is there with Ankle problems...........this is really some bs from Andy. I really am trying to not pass judgement here, but I knew he wasn't going to TMC and I was correct. I figured he made that decision during the Paris Masters, but now, I'm wondering if he ever intended to go to Shanghai.

This is not meant to bash Andy. I like Andy a lot, but his confidance in his abilities has diminished and I think that had some impact on his decision to not go to Shanghai.

prima donna
11-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Just think he would've played Fed last night.

and still would have fallen in straights.

Sjengster
11-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Wouldn't he have been playing Coria instead, while Federer and Ljubicic did battle? I understood that the no. 1 and 4 ranked men in each group faced off first, as did the no. 2 and 3 - that's the scenario in both groups right now.

Carito_90
11-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Well thank god it's not serious.

Mardy... I hope he's doing the right thing.

amierin
11-14-2005, 12:34 AM
and still would have fallen in straights.

Yep.

amierin
11-14-2005, 12:36 AM
I assumed that since David was Roddick's replacement it would've been Roddick against Fed last night. I don't know if Roddick would've been seeded higher than fourth.

Sjengster
11-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Actually, Roddick would have got the no. 3 seeding and been in Nadal's group, with Agassi taking Coria's place as 4th seed in Federer's group.

mangoes
11-14-2005, 12:51 AM
Actually, Roddick would have got the no. 3 seeding and been in Nadal's group, with Agassi taking Coria's place as 4th seed in Federer's group.

Yep :) I'm sure Agassi is happy about his group.......lol

tennischick
11-14-2005, 01:00 AM
just think of it as an extended bathroom break. that's what the Duck does when he gets scared. :tape: :tape:

Noelle
11-14-2005, 01:58 AM
Oh, you guys. :rolleyes: I wouldn't expect any less of you bashers. So quick quick quick to jump on the Bash Andy wagon that you don't even for a moment believe that he is genuinely injured and really couldn't play Shanghai. Ah well. :sad:

prima donna
11-14-2005, 02:01 AM
Oh, you guys. :rolleyes: I wouldn't expect any less of you bashers. So quick quick quick to jump on the Bash Andy wagon that you don't even for a moment believe that he is genuinely injured and really couldn't play Shanghai. Ah well. :sad:
:devil:

Skyward
11-14-2005, 02:08 AM
Bad news, I was hoping Roddick would be injured for a bit longer. The less I have to watch his hugely ugly and one-dimensional game the better.

You are an idiot.

prima donna
11-14-2005, 02:12 AM
You are an idiot.
You're preaching to the choir.

euroka1
11-14-2005, 02:45 AM

Yep, looks that way to me too.

He got a lot of mileage out of that "muscular problem" if not out of the flight to Shanghai. It can be really rough up there in first class. :rolleyes:

El Legenda
11-14-2005, 02:48 AM
Yep, looks that way to me too.

He got a lot of mileage out of that "muscular problem" if not out of the flight to Shanghai. It can be really rough up there in first class. :rolleyes:

or if he was not cheap, get a private jet, and sleep in a king size bed all the way to china.

tennischick
11-14-2005, 02:59 AM
or if he was not cheap, get a private jet, and sleep in a king size bed all the way to china.
:devil: :lol: :spit:

Dirk
11-14-2005, 03:44 AM
you guys are too much. :rolls:

nkhera1
11-14-2005, 04:00 AM

Says the girl sitting on her computer. Have you ever played tennis? What would be the point of Roddick playing if he couldn't be at nearly 100% especially against 7 of the top players in the world. Do we mean to say that Hewitt isn't having a baby either and that he is in fact just scared to face Federer. Is the same true with Safin? Why do you guys just naturally assume that Roddick is faking whereas Fed was also injured a lot this year. At least Roddick tried to play through it even though he wasn't close to 100% at the Paris Masters Series and couldn't even get a lot of balls. You guys are really retarded sometimes.

superpinkone37
11-14-2005, 04:05 AM
I don't think any sane professional tennis player would choose to not participate in the year end championships unless he was pretty injured or had some other very good reason. I dunno, it doesn't make sense to me :shrug:

nkhera1
11-14-2005, 04:10 AM
I'm going to agree with you guys now. This is really something from Andy :rolleyes: Roger is there recovering from a crutch required injury, Nadal is there with knee problems, Agassi is there with Ankle problems...........this is really some bs from Andy. I really am trying to not pass judgement here, but I knew he wasn't going to TMC and I was correct. I figured he made that decision during the Paris Masters, but now, I'm wondering if he ever intended to go to Shanghai.

This is not meant to bash Andy. I like Andy a lot, but his confidance in his abilities has diminished and I think that had some impact on his decision to not go to Shanghai.

How do we determine who is bsing injury problems. Maybe Fed was bsing his injury so he wouldn't have to play Roddick indoors in France.

Chloe le Bopper
11-14-2005, 04:10 AM
You are an idiot.
And he's clearly come to the right thread :eek:

Chloe le Bopper
11-14-2005, 04:11 AM
I don't think any sane professional tennis player would choose to not participate in the year end championships unless he was pretty injured or had some other very good reason. I dunno, it doesn't make sense to me :shrug:
It's not supposed to make sense. That's why the people who think these things up are professional idiots :p

nkhera1
11-14-2005, 04:12 AM
Bad news, I was hoping Roddick would be injured for a bit longer. The less I have to watch his hugely ugly and one-dimensional game the better.

Then don't watch or do something about it by beating or him something. As of now his one-dimensional game is better than the game of about 6,000,000,000 people so i say keep it up. Seriously you guys talk as if you can do better.

superpinkone37
11-14-2005, 04:12 AM
It's not supposed to make sense. That's why the people who think these things up are professional idiots :p
hahah...'tis true.

In that case, continue on with the bashing. It's quite entertaining. ;)

euroka1
11-14-2005, 10:01 AM

....and Ljubicic-related. One could understand this watching Ljubicic pound away at Coria on ESPN last night. Andy knew from Paris what he would have been in for.

jtipson
11-14-2005, 10:16 AM

No, not necessarily - number 3 can be in either group. He just wouldn't have been in the same group as number 4 (Agassi), that's all we can say.

Winston's Human
11-14-2005, 12:55 PM
No, not necessarily - number 3 can be in either group. He just wouldn't have been in the same group as number 4 (Agassi), that's all we can say.

While number three can be in either group, in the draw actually held number three was placed in the same group with number two. That means whoever was the number three (Roddick or Agassi).