Comeback of the Year [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Comeback of the Year

shotgun
11-12-2005, 01:13 AM
Which player made the best comeback this year in your opinion?

prima donna
11-12-2005, 01:18 AM
Blake made not only a major comeback in the tennis world, but he made a comeback to life in general. He showed up with an optimistic and positive attitude, for once he believed in himself & his abilities. James Blake has Top 10 material game, but sadly doesn't possess the mental toughness to go along with it. He played so well against Lleyton in Australia and then it just well, fell apart and the wheels came off. I was expecting it eventually though.

PaulieM
11-12-2005, 01:19 AM
james hands down :)

landoud
11-12-2005, 08:14 AM
blake

Fergie
11-12-2005, 11:59 AM
James :yeah:

DhammaTiger
11-12-2005, 12:31 PM
Mariano Puerta for a great come back. He came back after such horrendous two years, after injury and suspension. Vamos Mariano.

*Ljubica*
11-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Mariano Puerta for a great come back. He came back after such horrendous two years, after injury and suspension. Vamos Mariano.

I agree :yeah: - definately Mariano.

CooCooCachoo
11-12-2005, 12:44 PM
James :D

Horatio Caine
11-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Blake made not only a major comeback in the tennis world, but he made a comeback to life in general. He showed up with an optimistic and positive attitude, for once he believed in himself & his abilities. James Blake has Top 10 material game, but sadly doesn't possess the mental toughness to go along with it. He played so well against Lleyton in Australia and then it just well, fell apart and the wheels came off. I was expecting it eventually though.

I really can't add anything to such a great post :worship:

Blake it is :yeah:

KoOlMaNsEaN
11-12-2005, 10:31 PM
James by far! Having all that happen to him in 2004 and then win two titles and make the qf in new york in a great match.

madmanfool
11-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Puerta for me

Around this time last year he was playing challengers and now he is a sub for the master cup, amasing

shotgun
11-12-2005, 10:52 PM
I vote for Puerta, because his comeback was the most impressive one. Last year he was ranked below the 400th place, and even had to play futures to climb the rankings. Unlike Blake, didn't receive the help of TD's in form of massive wild cards to reach the place he has. Nothing against Blake, but Puerta's comeback was really amazing and unexpected, since he had been out of the top 100 for a couple of years before appearing in it again this year.

Denaon
11-12-2005, 10:54 PM
I vote for Puerta, because his comeback was the most impressive one. Last year he was ranked below the 400th place, and even had to play futures to climb the rankings. Unlike Blake, didn't receive the help of TD's in form of massive wild cards to reach the place he has. Nothing against Blake, but Puerta's comeback was really amazing and unexpected, since he had been out of the top 100 for a couple of years before appearing in it again this year.
Agree :yeah:

Puerta has my vote :D

kali_puerta_fan
11-12-2005, 11:21 PM
Mariano Puerta! great comeback and a great attitude in these hard moments for him!

Corey Feldman
11-12-2005, 11:22 PM
James Blake, despite Puerta's GS final and huge ranking rise,
because his 2004 was so horrible compared to his 05.

Gato
11-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Puerta

LaTenista
11-13-2005, 12:50 AM
I voted for James Blake - all his personal injuries/illnesses coupled with the death of his father seemed to outweigh Mariano Puerta's doping suspension, he's a close second in my book for the way he's handled himself on and off the court.

:scratch: What exactly did Ginepri come back from? Poor attitude?

JCF had a better year than last but he still is no where near his former level and didn't win a title. :sad:

Chloe le Bopper
11-13-2005, 12:55 AM
Puerta's comeback was impressive, but I don't think you can overlook what he was coming back from - a drug ban! Asthma medication or not, I just can't imagine this one even being close. Add in the recent controversy (fair to him or not), and his chances of actually getting it are zero.

Then again, I guess we're just saying who *should* get it, not who will. Still, I go with Blake.

enqvistfan
11-13-2005, 09:21 AM
James Blake, great champion and great guy :yeah:

DhammaTiger
11-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Well said, better said than I can ever say it myself :worship: Vamos Mariano..

George_Hanson
11-13-2005, 12:22 PM
Mariano Puerta all the way