FEDERER MAY BE OUT OF THE MASTERS CUP [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

FEDERER MAY BE OUT OF THE MASTERS CUP

vamos argentina1
11-11-2005, 08:21 AM
according to the chilean press, the atp has contacted fernando gonzalez and told him to prepare to travel to shanghai as a substitute, because roger federer should announce his retirement from the tournament in the next few hours

in this case, mariano puerta would go in, and ferrer and gonzalez will be subs

Galaxystorm
11-11-2005, 08:33 AM
I was right when i said this TMC had to be on clay :haha:

If this new is true , what a crappy TMC !!! :smash:

Action Jackson
11-11-2005, 08:36 AM
I hope this is not true that Fed is out, but if he can't play, then better to get right for the AO.

This is turning into a bizarre TMC, doesn't mean I won't be watching it.

nobama
11-11-2005, 08:46 AM
That's interesting since this was posted on his website yesterday:
Roger feels confident that he will be able to compete after having played his first intense points today in preparation.:shrug:

Tennis Fool
11-11-2005, 08:50 AM
You know, this is all a part of Mattress Mac's devious plan to bring the TMC back to Houston ;)

jenanun
11-11-2005, 08:50 AM
this TMC is getting ridiculous now....
anyway,hope all injured players get well soon so this wont happen in AO.....

Art&Soul
11-11-2005, 08:53 AM
That sucks if this is true :( ROGI :sad: :sad: :sad:

MariaV
11-11-2005, 09:11 AM
I hope this is not true that Fed is out, but if he can't play, then better to get right for the AO.

This is turning into a bizarre TMC, doesn't mean I won't be watching it.
Bizarre is the key word. And I'll be watching it too as much as I can.

Sorry if Fed's WD is true of course. :sad:

Iza
11-11-2005, 10:16 AM
no way....can't they at least call Nando? that would make it worth watching :drool:
Fed can't w/o like that...i hope he's OK :sad:

Fergie
11-11-2005, 10:26 AM
according to the chilean press, the atp has contacted fernando gonzalez and told him to prepare to travel to shanghai as a substitute, because roger federer should announce his retirement from the tournament in the next few hours

in this case, mariano puerta would go in, and ferrer and gonzalez will be subs
Never believe in chilean press ;)

Iza
11-11-2005, 10:28 AM

:lol:

hitchhiker
11-11-2005, 10:33 AM
is this all a conspiracy to get andy murray into the masters? only 20 withdrawals to go.

Corey Feldman
11-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Not once have i felt he'd play here...
and even if this is some excited chilean newswriter somewhere, i still dont think we'll see him..
and even if we do, it'll be 1 sloppy defeat and WD id say.

this years final is Ljubicic v Davydenko all the way ;)

Galaxystorm
11-11-2005, 10:46 AM
no way....can't they at least call Nando? that would make it worth watching :drool:
Fed can't w/o like that...i hope he's OK :sad:

No way , Nando has his monthly appointment with the psychoanalyst next week and can't skip it :o

Iza
11-11-2005, 10:49 AM
No way , Nando has his monthly appointment with the psychoanalyst next week and can't skip it :o

i'm sure the psychoanalyst won't mind :p

shotgun
11-11-2005, 10:51 AM
It's funny, because some days ago I read an article with F. Gonzalez saying that in no way he would travel to Shanghai as an alternate. I wonder what made him change his mind.

lau
11-11-2005, 10:54 AM
:lol: I opened this thread and at the same time there were saying on the radio that Federer MIGHT withdraw according to chilean press.
Anyway,.....I hope it´s not true...

Fergie
11-11-2005, 10:54 AM
It's funny, because some days ago I read an article with F. Gonzalez saying that in no way he would travel to Shanghai as an alternate. I wonder what made him change his mind.
Feña said that with all the injuries maybe he could have some chances to play ... For me, money :p

Truc
11-11-2005, 10:59 AM
Did the ATP say that?
I read in "El Mercurio" that Coria's coach told Gonzalez' coach Federer might withdraw from the event – we don't know when and why he said that, if he really meant it, it looks like a very slender evidence to me.
Or do you mean another article?

Galaxystorm
11-11-2005, 11:01 AM
i'm sure the psychoanalyst won't mind :p

You're right since one of psychoanalysis key characteristics is that the patient pays the visit although the patient doesn't go...and thus he learns how important is the therapy ;)

DhammaTiger
11-11-2005, 11:19 AM
According to news on the BBc web site, Roger is playing down his chances of retaining the masters cup.Here is the link to the story:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4424282.stm

Corey Feldman
11-11-2005, 11:23 AM
According to news on the BBc web site, Roger is playing down his chances of retaining the masters cup.Here is the link to the story:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4424282.stm
that was very 5 minutes ago, since then his website said he felt good and would play...
seems to always be bad news, good news, bad news, good news, bad news..

MariaV
11-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Not once have i felt he'd play here...
and even if this is some excited chilean newswriter somewhere, i still dont think we'll see him..
and even if we do, it'll be 1 sloppy defeat and WD id say.

this years final is Ljubicic v Davydenko all the way ;)
Do you have to be so pessimistic? :( :( ;)

Corey Feldman
11-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Yes :ras:
;)

mangoes
11-11-2005, 11:43 AM

:sad: :sad: After reading this article, I think it's a very good chance the Chilian media is correct. I guess his foot isn't feeling good. Nevertheless, as much as I would probably lose some interest in the tmc now, it is better to be healthy and not take any risks.

DJ dropshot
11-11-2005, 11:52 AM
This is from Monsters and Critics: It says nothing of Roger withdrawing, but does talk about the alternates.

Given the distance from Europe, ATP officials wanted to play safe, providing two alternates for the round-robin competition.

They got their first in controversial Roland Garros finalist Mariano Puerta, who is under a drugs-test cloud - still unresolved.

But the next two men in the queue - Chile's Fernando Gonzalez and Swede Thomas Johansson - declined an offer to fly halfway round the world to sit on standby for a fee of 50,000 dollars.

Spain's David Ferrer, 15th in the final points race, finally came just in case.

Federer and Nadal will both be playing for the first time in weeks, with the Swiss rehabilitating and testing ankle ligament damage suffered in early October.

http://sport.monstersandcritics.com/tennis/article_1061462.php/PreviewTop_players_to_go_native_as_China_celebrate s_return_of_Masters_Cup

nobama
11-11-2005, 11:54 AM
:sad: :sad: After reading this article, I think it's a very good chance the Chilian media is correct. I guess his foot isn't feeling good. Nevertheless, as much as I would probably lose some interest in the tmc now, it is better to be healthy and not take any risks.He said this several days ago at some sponser event. I saw the video of it.. This was BEORE he posted on his website that he was confident he could compete. Rafa's really playing down his chances too...does that mean he's pulling out too?

mangoes
11-11-2005, 11:58 AM
He said this several days ago at some sponser event. I saw the video of it.. This was BEORE he posted on his website that he was confident he could compete. Rafa's really playing down his chances too...does that mean he's pulling out too?

No need to be sarcastic. I am just as big a fan of Roger as you are. I did not know this article wasn't recent. I thought it was recent and if so, that was a very different tone than what I had read on his website, that's why I got worried that it may be true.

You obviously know more about what Roger is saying and when so I am very happy to read that he made those comments a couple days ago. Thanks for the correction.

yanchr
11-11-2005, 12:09 PM
I was on the spot watching Roger practice on the court. He was looking very OK, hitting serious balls with Davydenko and he was in good mood. No sign he would withdraw. I believe in my own eyes.

Agassi Aces
11-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Yanchr, was Andre Agassi practising?? If not, can you tell me how sharp he is at the moment?

mangoes
11-11-2005, 12:11 PM
I was on the spot watching Roger practice on the court. He was looking very OK, hitting serious balls with Davydenko and he was in good mood. No sign he would withdraw. I believe in my own eyes.

Thanks for telling us :D

yanchr
11-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Yanchr, was Andre Agassi practising?? If not, can you tell me how sharp he is at the moment?
Yes, he was, in the morning. I didn't get to see that. But from what is reported, he looks very good, sharp and serious.

Art&Soul
11-11-2005, 12:17 PM

Hope you're right and Rogiwithdraw is just the rumor :wavey:

nobama
11-11-2005, 12:21 PM
Fed was practicing yesterday with Roche....

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2005-11-10/U1158P6T12D1872856F44DT20051110202132.jpg

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2005-11-10/U1158P6T12D1872857F44DT20051110202142.jpg

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2005-11-10/U1158P6T12D1872841F44DT20051110201705.jpg

lunahielo
11-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Laura! :yeah: :hug:

nobama
11-11-2005, 12:26 PM
No need to be sarcastic. I am just as big a fan of Roger as you are. I did not know this article wasn't recent. I thought it was recent and if so, that was a very different tone than what I had read on his website, that's why I got worried that it may be true.

You obviously know more about what Roger is saying and when so I am very happy to read that he made those comments a couple days ago. Thanks for the correction.Sorry, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. :sad: I think the media likes play up these comments and hype things. I read on Roger's website that one of the Swiss papers reported that Roger said he has no chance of winning. It was probably just bad translation of what he said, but still someome will read it and believe it.

lorenz
11-11-2005, 12:55 PM
I can't believe it

nermo
11-11-2005, 01:25 PM
This is turning into a bizarre TMC, doesn't mean I won't be watching it. posted by GWH

Exactly my Thoughts.It would be a very sad thing not to see Federer playing there,but i guess, he better takes care of his injury.
and about the masters cup, it's really weird...has this ever happened before?

:secret: they better change it to clay court :p

RogiFan88
11-11-2005, 01:55 PM
I think they s all go home and do another draw -- just ask other players who want to play in Shanghai and start all over again. ;)

alfonsojose
11-11-2005, 01:59 PM
US$ .. :devil:

euroka1
11-11-2005, 02:19 PM
US$ .. :devil:

Agree. This is the driving incentive in professional tennis today. Doesn't matter where the dollars come from.

Even if Federer does drop out, I'd give him some credit for putting in a predetermined appearance. He is at least trying!

Bilbo
11-11-2005, 02:31 PM
if Federer is out it would mean GSM Agassi :yeah:

wcr
11-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Fed was practicing yesterday with Roche....

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2005-11-10/U1158P6T12D1872856F44DT20051110202132.jpg

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2005-11-10/U1158P6T12D1872857F44DT20051110202142.jpg

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2005-11-10/U1158P6T12D1872841F44DT20051110201705.jpg

Very interesting. Reports elsewhere were that Roche would be coaching him via phone.

15 hours ago ....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=&xml=/sport/2005/11/11/stfede11.xml

Dexter_1986
11-11-2005, 02:32 PM
I hope Roger will play!

nobama
11-11-2005, 03:15 PM
this photo is from today I think....

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=70217

Fedex
11-11-2005, 04:14 PM
I hope this isn't true.

Fedex
11-11-2005, 04:19 PM
Hardly, with Nadal, Nalbandian and Ljubicic still in the tournement.

Bilbo
11-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Hardly, with Nadal, Nalbandian and Ljubicic still in the tournement.

I would only consider Nadal as a true rivial. Nalbandian is shit these days and very up and down. Ljubo ist one hell of a player but you know about Agassi's returns. He would have no problems with Ljubo's serve.

its.like.that
11-11-2005, 04:23 PM

the only thing Agassi will be winning is the best hair competition.

its.like.that
11-11-2005, 04:24 PM
I would only consider Nadal as a true rivial. Nalbandian is shit these days and very up and down. Ljubo ist one hell of a player but you know about Agassi's returns. He would have no problems with Ljubo's serve.

then why didn't USA beat Croatia in Davis Cup??

:confused:

*Viva Chile*
11-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Ah, que bien, donde llego la suiza :rolleyes:

El Legenda
11-11-2005, 04:36 PM
He would have no problems with Ljubo's serve.

i guess you missed there DC match. :) and that was not even indoor.

ys
11-11-2005, 04:45 PM
Ljubo ist one hell of a player

Also one hell of a choker..

Fedex
11-11-2005, 05:16 PM
No problems with Ljubicic's serve. I seem to remember Ljubicic pasting Agassi in DC. :)

TenHound
11-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Looks like Roger's under pressure to play, but would rather not risk his ankle. Even in that photo, he's stretching & looking at his ankle. No Risks Roger, and anyway you won't be able to really play your game, so why bother just putting in an appearance & losing. Screw selling their damn tickets. Go take a vacation & rest.

Fedex
11-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Nalbandian is shit these days and very up and down.
Nalbandian is up and down, true, but his game matches up well with Agassi's.

Fedex
11-11-2005, 05:18 PM
Looks like Roger's under pressure to play, but would rather not risk his ankle. Even in that photo, he's stretching & looking at his ankle. No Risks Roger, and anyway you won't be able to really play your game, so why bother just putting in an appearance & losing. Screw selling their damn tickets. Go take a vacation & rest.
No, if he's risking injury, then he shoulden't play. But I hope he's able to play, given the fact that 2 players have already withdrawn.

TenHound
11-11-2005, 05:25 PM
It's already lost so many players, and the surface is bad, so it's already so compromised, becoming a clay courters tournament on a Very Fast Surface...

I'd be a lot more interested if it were a month ago. Watching NYC, then nothing for 2 months...it's already getting cold & dark here, and we're supposed to get interested for one week of tennis...Assinine Scheduling.

Move Year Ends up to Oct. 1-10, put men's and women's in one venue, w/a few weeks rest after the Last Major, and you'd have a Far Better Tournament. Either cancel the post NYC tournaments, or make them a showcase for up and coming players, which would be exciting.

Regenbogen
11-11-2005, 05:40 PM
gosh....i hope he can play...or this is going to be a kind of ridiculous tmc...actually it sort of is already :o

nobama
11-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Someone who's met Roger in Shanghi posted her account today on his website. She got to speak with his physio (and took a picture with him) who said he's getting better every day and sounded quite positive.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/fanzone/forum/topicview.cfm?uTopicID=11575&uPage=6

1sun
11-11-2005, 06:00 PM
i dont like the look of that angle strapping. i think it may just be best for roger to pull out.

mangoes
11-11-2005, 06:01 PM
I think we won't really know anything until we see Roger's match against Nalby. It's a 50/50 chance he may have to pull out. No one really knows. Some people who saw him practice say he wasn't moving very well, others saw no problem with his movement, so who knows?

I just don't want Roger to play if his ankle is still hurting. As he said, health before success. But for my own tennis enjoyment, I want him to play........ Hopefully, this is much ado about nothing and Roger is just fine.

Filipo
11-11-2005, 06:09 PM
why Roger have to move fast in the practise. think about it. he is collecting power for real matches. this is an awful lies from some people for withdrawing of Roger. after he is in the draw, he will play. he made his conclusions whether he will play or not before arriving in Shanghai. you will see who is the winner. and stop wanting this withdrawal.

Cervantes
11-11-2005, 06:14 PM
It's already lost so many players, and the surface is bad, so it's already so compromised, becoming a clay courters tournament on a Very Fast Surface...

I'd be a lot more interested if it were a month ago. Watching NYC, then nothing for 2 months...it's already getting cold & dark here, and we're supposed to get interested for one week of tennis...Assinine Scheduling.

Move Year Ends up to Oct. 1-10, put men's and women's in one venue, w/a few weeks rest after the Last Major, and you'd have a Far Better Tournament. Either cancel the post NYC tournaments, or make them a showcase for up and coming players, which would be exciting.

Yeah, let's do that. Fuck Madrid and Paris and the whole European indoor circuit, after all tennis should be played in the USA only!!

You seem to forget there's more to tennis than the US hardcourt season. When the US Open is done the circuit moves to Asia where a whole new tennis market is awaiting. It's really important these people get to see the top players as well and not just a showcase for talents. Roger Federer realises this and already played Bangkok twice and badly wants to play the Masters Cup in Shanghai.

In the remaining weeks we have some pretty big tournaments in Europe with a lot better fields than their American counterparts during the summer and a lot of points for the ATP Race. So please don't think the tennis seasons ends in the beginning of September just because you don't get any coverage in the States.

TenHound
11-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Don't impute that to me, unless you're illiterate.

Baseball has ~4mos. offseason. Tennis should have at least 2, esp. w/the forces on their bodies today. Most players start getting ready for AO Dec. 1. Either move AO up to March 1; or have the Year Ends Oct. 1. Can't you tell, their bodies are falling apart in the prime of their careers?

Lendl & AA's Dad have already said that they would encourage their young to play golf now rather than tennis, because you can have a full career playing golf. Major League Baseball players still play into their 30's, almost 40.

Further, I suggested making fall season a showcase for the young. The only reason top players play Asia is 'cus they throw basketfulls of money.

RonE
11-11-2005, 06:27 PM
this photo is from today I think....

http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=70217

I think an appropriate caption for this would be:

"Come on right in David, I am open and waiting" :tape: :tape: :tape:

nobama
11-11-2005, 06:28 PM
It's really hard to tell in practice because those who have seen him don't know if it was intended to be an intense practice session or more light. I remember reading here people who saw him practice in Cincy and at the USO and they said he wasn't looking so great and we all know what happened there. We won't know until he plays his first match. Now that the draw is out I can't see him backing out. But if his feet start to really bother him during the Nalby match then I could see him withdrawing.

mangoes
11-11-2005, 06:30 PM
It's really hard to tell in practice because those who have seen him don't know if it was intended to be an intense practice session or more light. I remember reading here people who saw him practice in Cincy and at the USO and they said he wasn't looking so great and we all know what happened there. We won't know until he plays his first match. Now that the draw is out I can't see him backing out. But if his feet start to really bother him during the Nalby match then I could see him withdrawing.

Agree.

nobama
11-11-2005, 06:30 PM
I think an appropriate caption for this would be:

"Come on right in David, I am open and waiting" :tape: :tape: :tape:Or mabye he thinks he's got a better ass than Rafa and wanted to show everyone.

mangoes
11-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Or mabye he thinks he's got a better ass than Rafa and wanted to show everyone.

lolol..........no, as much as I like Roger, Rafa has the beautiful ass....lolol

prima donna
11-11-2005, 06:32 PM
What garbage. We all know where this is fucking heading, Roger withdraws and then we have Nadal hoasting the YEC trophy and some people being idiotic enough to proclaim him the best on tour ... " he won the YEC " ... when no one was there ... this is becoming tiresome ... I've had it ... everyone withdraws from each tourny he's in and he gets credit just like they are there ... meanwhile there are imbeciles questioning Roger's skill and calling this the "weakest era ever in tennis" --- what does that make Nadal's 2005 ?

No Roddick, No Safin, No Hewitt, No Federer ... but you're one hell of a player. Bullshit. I'm simply fed up.

Baseline
11-11-2005, 06:35 PM
Tennis should have at least 2, esp. w/the forces on their bodies today.

This is a crucial point which the ATP and others completely ignore. It's
Newton's Third Law -

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

The player holding the racquet returning the harder and faster shot
is absorbing the impact too, not just the inanimate racquet. The
extra force due to the better equipment of today is force being applied to
the players's bodies too. In addition, the player holding the raquet
must run faster to reach the much faster and much harder hit ball.
The game is faster, more powerful, and more aggressive than in the
past. It isn't just the equipment doing it, the players are doing
it too. The racquet is not floating in mid-air around the court.

TenHound
11-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Myskina-_love, it's not entirely Roger's fault. ATP has this ridiculous policy of fining players who don't show up. Roger's just playing along & hoping to play.

What I mostly wanted to see was AR forced to play the Top 8 players. If you check his record this yr., he's done nothing against top players who weren't injured. I really wanted to see that. I think he backed out of tournament rather than face them. I don't buy this injury crap, 'cuz he played a Charity event after claiming injury. He had a week to get his back treated & rested.

But I completely agree that this Year Ends is of NO interest.

nobama
11-11-2005, 06:39 PM
lolol..........no, as much as I like Roger, Rafa has the beautiful ass....lololDo we have a picture of his ass in normal shorts (which I think he's wearing for TMC) for comparison purposes? But I would agree he's got a better behind when he's wearing his pirate pants.

prima donna
11-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Myskina-_love, it's not entirely Roger's fault. ATP has this ridiculous policy of fining players who don't show up. Roger's just playing along & hoping to play.

What I mostly wanted to see was AR forced to play the Top 8 players. If you check his record this yr., he's done nothing against top players who weren't injured. I really wanted to see that. I think he backed out of tournament rather than face them. I don't buy this injury crap, 'cuz he played a Charity event after claiming injury. He had a week to get his back treated & rested.

But I completely agree that this Year Ends is of NO interest.
Yeah, Federer fears Nalbandian, Agassi, Gaudio, Nadal, Ljubicic and whatever other trash is leftover, because he's struggled sooo much against them. :smash: :smash:

nobama
11-11-2005, 06:46 PM

But I completely agree that this Year Ends is of NO interest.Fed's got 750 points to defend...I doubt he's playing just to make the ATP/IMG, ect. happy. He wants to remain #1. You can't do that when you're not defending points. And he's got a shit load of points to defend before clay season next year. It's all about staying #1. Having said that I don't think his doctor, trainer and physio would allow him to play if they thought it would make his injury worse. And as I said before if he gets into his match with Nalby and he feels pain or his foot is bothering him he will withdraw. But with that many points to defend I don't think he should withdraw unless he absolutely has to.

Julio1974
11-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Yeah, Federer fears Nalbandian, Agassi, Gaudio, Nadal, Ljubicic and whatever other trash is leftover, because he's struggled sooo much against them. :smash: :smash:

He actually struggled against Nadal in Miami and against Ljubiic at the beginning of the year.

jacobhiggins
11-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Federer's injury was not a result from over playing, he twisted it during practice. He was all rested up for the end of the year!

Dragula.mp3
11-11-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm sure Federer will play, and probably will win be the tournament again. He has no rivals, David he isn't have a coach, Nadal is not too good in this surface, Agassi cant beat Fed and Ljubicic is a big joke in finals. But will be see this in the first match against David. Ill hope we see a good match between this too, I'm waiting since the AO 2004. Come on David, do your best and what you know.

Mier... creo que me estoy olvidando del inglés.

amierin
11-11-2005, 07:38 PM

Those who defend Roddick bring up the fact that he's won five titles on all surfaces this year. The fact that he's been ducking the other seven men in the top 8 is conveniently forgotten. I defend Andy when he does the right thing and criticize him when he's wrong. I knew he would withdraw from TMC. I just thought he was waiting to see what Federer did. Since FedEx is still in Andy had to go and withdraw all by his lonesome.

I hope Federer is able to play. As a fan I'd love to see a Federer/Nadal final but there are no guarantees in tennis these days.

Someone above mentioned that the TMC is becoming a bunch of clay courters on a fast surface. Is it their fault that the so called clay courters have played themselves into position to be in the TMC while the only hardcourter is Agassi? I'm really sick of people disparaging clay court play but that's not the subject of this thread.

Play Roger if your ankle allows it. If not, see you in the AO in January.

*Ljubica*
11-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Those who defend Roddick bring up the fact that he's won five titles on all surfaces this year. The fact that he's been ducking the other seven men in the top 8 is conveniently forgotten. I defend Andy when he does the right thing and criticize him when he's wrong. I knew he would withdraw from TMC. I just thought he was waiting to see what Federer did. Since FedEx is still in Andy had to go and withdraw all by his lonesome.

I hope Federer is able to play. As a fan I'd love to see a Federer/Nadal final but there are no guarantees in tennis these days.

Someone above mentioned that the TMC is becoming a bunch of clay courters on a fast surface. Is it their fault that the so called clay courters have played themselves into position to be in the TMC while the only hardcourter is Agassi? I'm really sick of people disparaging clay court play but that's not the subject of this thread.

Play Roger if your ankle allows it. If not, see you in the AO in January.

Great post :worship: - especially about the people disparaging clay court play :)

nobama
11-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Here's video of Roger in practice...even skipping rope using his right leg.

http://sports.sina.com.cn/t/2005-11-12/00391875074.shtml

hablovah19
11-11-2005, 08:11 PM
I hope Fedex decides to play and wins it all :p

MissMoJo
11-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Too much rumor and speculation in the last few weeks for me to take another 'I heard, they said, he might' etc. discussion seriously. Hopefully he can play, but whatever he does i'm sure it will be for the best. I will wait for something official

NYCtennisfan
11-11-2005, 08:25 PM
I'm pretty confident that he will play. If he doesn't, this would have to be the poorest Masters/World Championships/TMC since the early days when the ATP tour and WCT tours were competing against each other and the Masters torunament was not very important.

marifline
11-11-2005, 08:27 PM
NO ROGER = NO HOPE for me to watch this poor thing... :o
I really hope he will be there because the only interest the MC may have for me is a Fed/Nadal final (with a victory of Fed... )
Hum Nadal alone is not a good option, I saw Coria and Gaudio play in Bercy and it was a pity... :rolleyes: ( Gaudio giving up the second set against Berdych was dreadful ! ) Ljubicic seems tired..and I don't really want to watch Nadal to kick everybody's asses... Perhaps Agassi could save it
But all I said was in the case of No Roger and it seems not so...

KoOlMaNsEaN
11-11-2005, 10:35 PM
As long as hes healthy hes good

mallorn
11-11-2005, 10:41 PM
Off topic:
Now THAT would be arrogant! :lol:

Back to topic:
I really hope Rogelio plays well and doesn’t have to retire from any match. If nothing else, this would stop the flood of posts saying how the tournament is not worth playing if he’s not in it. :p

TenHound
11-12-2005, 01:58 AM
Amierin, you were ahead of me if you expected AR to pull out. Relieved I wasn't trashed for my assertion.

I was not trashing clay court players - I'm disappointed that so many top players in such bad shape, and don't look forward to seeing RF, RN, & clay courters play on surface which is their worst.

Year Ends were good last yr, w/RF at top of his game, and Fantastic RF-Safin match. This yr. they're a joke, w/No Offense Intended to any player actually showing up.

PaulieM
11-12-2005, 02:03 AM
and he'd be right. what a treat for those lucky enough to be there. :drool:

TenHound
11-12-2005, 02:16 AM
UPDATE: Both alternates are too goddamn rich - they declined to fly half way around the world to wait & see if they get in - for a mere $50k. (Gonzo & T.J.)

PRESSURE ON ROGER HAS TO BE ENORMOUS. Either he plays or the groups are 4 & 3. Next time I he should tell Sponsors to Go to Hell, when they ask him just to show up.

amierin
11-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Amierin, you were ahead of me if you expected AR to pull out. Relieved I wasn't trashed for my assertion.

I was not trashing clay court players - I'm disappointed that so many top players in such bad shape, and don't look forward to seeing RF, RN, & clay courters play on surface which is their worst.

Year Ends were good last yr, w/RF at top of his game, and Fantastic RF-Safin match. This yr. they're a joke, w/No Offense Intended to any player actually showing up.

Tenhound I wish I could say I had some inside dope but it was just a feeling I had about AR.

And I do agree that seeing so many clay court players on their worst surface could make for bad tennis but I think the success of the European indoor season shows that players rise to the event.

No way anyone has a better ass than Rafa. Sorry Rogelio.

Jimena
11-12-2005, 01:04 PM
I actually think Nadal's ass is too big.

Corey Feldman
11-12-2005, 01:40 PM
I actually think Nadal's ass is too big.:lol: :yeah:

DJ dropshot
11-12-2005, 02:13 PM
From the Masters website Audio -
Says he's 100%

http://wm.atptennis-global.speedera.net/wm.atptennis-global/federer1_shanghai1.WMA

bokehlicious
11-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Good news !!

ToanNguyen
11-12-2005, 02:29 PM
From the Masters website Audio -
Says he's 100%

http://wm.atptennis-global.speedera.net/wm.atptennis-global/federer1_shanghai1.WMA

That is such good news. I am so happy. Yeah...... Go Roger. Please get this title. You will do it. :worship: :worship: :worship:

avocadoe
11-12-2005, 02:35 PM
:wavey: Wonderful to hear :clap2: :bigclap: :aparty: :banana: :banana: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

avocadoe
11-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Where can I find Interviews???

nobama
11-12-2005, 02:49 PM
Playing mind games with eveyone Rogelio, eh? :devil:

star
11-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Playing mind games with eveyone Rogelio, eh? :devil:

Nothing new for him. :)

nobama
11-12-2005, 03:30 PM
http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s57/e7346/sport_lng0_spo57_evt7346_sto788973.shtml
I had to make sure I was very careful with my ankle. But now I see no risk whatsoever, added the world number one at Saturday's opening ceremony for this year's Masters Cup.

It's not like one week ago when the ligament was totally out of position. It's holding up to professional tennis so I'm not really concerned, said Swiss Federer, who begins his campaign against eighth-seeded Argentine David Nalbandian on Sunday.

Even though he was confident enough about his fitness, Federer was less assured about his title chances.

My expectations are quite low, he said. I just hope I can play a good match (on Sunday).

I've been working on my match fitness and I gave everything I could to be ready for this tournament in terms of preparation.

I've never lost a round-robin match so it's important to me. I've qualified for the Masters Cup four years in a row, it's always been a great experience and it definitely helped me make a move in the rankings.

Fedex
11-13-2005, 06:06 PM
So please don't think the tennis seasons ends in the beginning of September just because you don't get any coverage in the States.
We do get some coverage, though the coverage of the European/Asian indoor season is lame; mostly highlight shows and crap.