Men & Women YEC [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Men & Women YEC

sweetiepiedoll
11-10-2005, 04:10 PM
I wasn't quite sure about the YEC qualifications: For the ATP, all grandslams champions qualify for the TMS Cup if they are ranked in the top 20 of the ATP Entry Ranking Race - is this correct? For the WTA, the players have to be in the top 8 in the Porsche Race to qualify for the YEC - is this correct?

If anyone can provide me with this information, I will definitely appreciate it.

Galaxystorm
11-10-2005, 04:18 PM
I wasn't quite sure about the YEC qualifications: For the ATP, all grandslams champions qualify for the TMS Cup if they are ranked in the top 20 of the ATP Entry Ranking Race - is this correct? For the WTA, the players have to be in the top 8 in the Porsche Race to qualify for the YEC - is this correct?

If anyone can provide me with this information, I will definitely appreciate it.

In the ATP if a grand slam winner after Paris TMS is out of the 8 first race positions but inside of top 20 , this grand slam winner takes the 8th spot to play the Masters cup, but only one grand slam winner can go to the Masters cup using this rule, that is if there are more than one grand slam winner out of the 8 first race positions after Paris TMS and inside of top 20 in the race ranking , only the highest ranked grand slam winner gets this spot, the others can't play the TMC

peteslamz
11-10-2005, 06:01 PM

As for the WTA, there are no "grand slam winner exemptions" that are being given which is what atp is implementing. The players have to be in top 8 in the Porsche race to qualify for the YEC therefore Dementieva was able to edged out
Venus in the last minute for the last spot.