2006 Andy News/Articles! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

2006 Andy News/Articles!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Deboogle!.
11-10-2005, 04:45 PM
How about we kick off looking ahead to 2006 with a little thing from Charlie Bricker

(Suggestions for a cooler thread title are welcome. This past year's was booooooring :p)
------------------
Roddick will face difficult road in '06

By Charles Bricker
Staff Writer

November 10, 2005

There were a number of happy memories for Andy Roddick during his fifth year on the ATP tour.

Scaling down his number of tournaments in order to stay fresh :scratch:, he still won five tournaments, reached the semifinals of the Australian Open and was runner-up at Wimbledon. At 10-3, he won a high percentage of his clay-court matches.:lol:

But there is no escaping the disappointments and failures. He was knocked out in the first round of the U.S. Open by Gilles Muller of Luxembourg and failed to hold a two-set lead over Jose Acasuso in the second round at the French.:(:(:(

He also fell one notch in the rankings to No. 3, behind Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, and it's unclear if he'll ever rise above those two great talents. None of the five tournaments he won were Masters Series events, though he finished the regular season with an 8-1 run and is at a significantly higher fitness level than he was at the end of 2004.:shrug:

He's a better player than he was in 2004, but he'll have to redouble his training efforts -- and get over the back injury that kept him out of next week's Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai -- to stay in the top five during 2006 because of the dose of young talent making an impact.:awww:

MissFairy
11-10-2005, 04:54 PM
By cutting down tournaments to remain fresh, did they mean by taking early exits? :p

Andys Media Hoggin', Media floggin' new year :)

guida
11-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Oh my... somehow this article has made me feel kind of down... Doubting he'll ever rise above Roger and Rafa...Doubting he can stay in the top 5 on account of the rising young talent... :awww:

No, I refuse to see things in this light! I wanna feel optimistic about next year (at least until January, when I'll be sure to start worrying again :lol: )

Thanks for the new thread, Deb! :hug:

Volcanic Tennis
11-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the thread and article Deb :hug: :)

The article is kinda a downer in a way, but we have to remember: he did with 5 tournaments, one on every surface. Not only that, but he did reach the Australian Open SF and the Final at Wimbledon. He also registered his second win over Lleyton at Cincy. He won the Queen's Club tournament for the third consecutive year, and his grass record is nearly flawless (only beaten by Federer in last two years?). He won those two tough clay court matches at the Davis Cup World Group Playoff against Belgium. He's #1 on the Ace Counter, isn't he? For the second year in a row?

And even if there were disappointments... Such as the US Open, or the French Open, or Montreal :sad:, you can't take away what he's accomplished this year :) 2006 will rock, man. I'm sure it will. :) Things can only go one way from here: UP :)

andyroxmysox12191
11-10-2005, 10:00 PM
:sad: that article was a huge downer lol
but we gotta keep cheering Andy on :)
nice thread Deb-oh-rah :yeah:

Seleshfan
11-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Thread title suggestion

"The Andy Inflicts in 2006"

acoffeygirl
11-10-2005, 10:16 PM
I like it...and it rhymes...how fun.

Carito_90
11-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Wow that's a nice way of starting 2006. Yep.

:lol:

Seleshfan
11-10-2005, 10:55 PM
I like it...and it rhymes...how fun.

How about, "Andy gettin' his kicks in 2006"

acoffeygirl
11-10-2005, 11:03 PM
:lol: that is good too!

Jennay
11-11-2005, 12:56 AM
It's never too early for you, is it, Deb? :p

Deboogle!.
11-11-2005, 01:03 AM
Nope, not when there's something to be posted :p

cobalt60
11-11-2005, 01:07 AM
How about, "Andy gettin' his kicks in 2006"
Well Robert I think you should write my often :lol:

athena_wu
11-11-2005, 03:24 AM
What will Andy seeded in AUO 2006? third?

OK, looking forward to 2006. I will make something in my Chinese forum too.

Deboogle!.
11-11-2005, 03:25 AM
Yes he should be seeded third...

tangerine_dream
11-11-2005, 04:38 AM
Gee I wish we had a more positive article to start 2006 off with. :awww:

Guess I'll have to be the voice of optimism. My blog (roddickwatch.blogspot.com) has been updated again. :D :banana:

Deboogle!.
11-11-2005, 09:21 PM
According to AR.com, this is Andy's late 2005/early 2006 Schedule:

Nov. 29 Shooting of American Express Commercial*:o:o:o:o
Dec. 1 James Blake Exhibition in Norfolk, VA
Dec. 2 Andre Agassi Exhibition in Richmond, VA
Dec. 8 City & Shore Photo Shoot*:eek:
Dec. 9-11 Andy Roddick Dream Weekend
Dec. 31 – Jan. 5: Training in Hawaii :cool:
Jan. 10: Kooyong in Melbourne, Australia
Jan. 16: Australian Open (1st Grand Slam of 2006)
Feb. 6: Davis Cup
Feb. 13: San Jose, CA: SAP Open
Feb. 20: Memphis: Regions Morgan Keegan Championships
Feb. 27: Las Vegas: The Tennis Channel Open
March 6: Indian Wells: Pacific Life Open
March 20: Miami: Nasdaq 100 Open
April 3: Davis Cup

acoffeygirl
11-11-2005, 09:30 PM
What is the City and Shore photo shoot?

Deboogle!.
11-11-2005, 09:32 PM
A photo shoot in the city and at the shore? :confused:

partygirl
11-11-2005, 09:33 PM
thats a pretty tight Schedule
...i think pulling out of shanghai could have been tactically benafical too-

looks pretty good though especially training in hawaii & city & shore photo shoot...dont know what it is but my interest is peaked...and lets hope for a more thoughtful amex campaign, huh (be paticular andy.)

i hope i have ttc by the time the tennis channel open is on-get with it comcast :mad: were waiting.

partygirl
11-11-2005, 09:35 PM
miami?

Deboogle!.
11-11-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm surprised Andy's playing San Jose AND Memphis AND Vegas...

it makes his schedule look like this..... AO > week off > Davis Cup > San Jose > Memphis > Vegas > IW > Miami > DC > Houston.

NOT BRIGHT AT ALL ANDY.

acoffeygirl
11-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Yes I was surprised to see so much on there as well. Sigh.....

tangerine_dream
11-11-2005, 09:38 PM

;)

http://www.cityandshore.com/

And for Andy's schedule, don't worry if it looks crowded. Just because he's made a verbal committment to play doesn't mean that he will. :)

Deboogle!.
11-11-2005, 09:39 PM
He's 2-time defending champ in San Jose and has already committed, so he'll def. play there, and he loves Memphis so he's gonna always play there, plus it's an ISG tourney and worth more points and stuff, but Vegas... I know it's a new tourney and "needs" a star like him, but.... he should not be playing it.

Look at that, it's another ghetto magazine :lol: Thanks Tangy!

Tourneys won't advertise him as being "committed" unless he's actually committed - aka signed a contract. He has for San Jose, and probably for Memphis too. I'm sure Vegas is offering him as much $$$$ as they can for him to play their inaugural tourney... I wouldn't be surprised if he enters them all.

And it's not QUITE as bad as it looks b/c of the days off in IW and Miami.. but still, it's.... not the smartest schedule. And last time he played that much in the early season (2004), he was EXHAUSTED for Houston and then had a horrific clay season. not smart.

acoffeygirl
11-11-2005, 09:41 PM
;)

And for Andy's schedule, don't worry if it looks crowded. Just because he's made a verbal committment to play doesn't mean that he will. :)

I sorta wondered if it was a magazine....thanks!

guida
11-11-2005, 11:36 PM
And last time he played that much in the early season (2004), he was EXHAUSTED for Houston and then had a horrific clay season. not smart.

Makes you wonder if he actually learns anything from prior mistakes... :rolleyes:

First Ivana Trump and then Andy on a mag cover makes me laugh. :lol:

williaer
11-11-2005, 11:43 PM
LOL about making a new amex commercial (so everyone can forget about the 'M' word)! i so hope it's on tv in aus during the aussie open!!!

:o about the crowded schedule but i agree with tangy (duh, cus she's always right) that even though he says he'll play, he wont necessarily do so and by entering it gives him more options of tourneys to play in

woot about the trip to hawaii!

Winston's Human
11-12-2005, 03:07 AM
Two thoughts:

1) Training in Hawaii seems like a good move -- especially since Andy can then fly directly to Australia. At least it is better than remaining in Austin.

2) While playing Las Vegas may be a little too much, at least it is only a short flight from there to Indian Wells.

blosson
11-12-2005, 12:26 PM
;)

It means there will be new posed pictures of Andy :lol: Hopefully the stylist and photographer will have a better taste this time.

MissFairy
11-12-2005, 12:31 PM
It means there will be new posed pictures of Andy :lol: Hopefully the stylist and photographer will have a better taste this time.
And maybe, just maybe, if i write to Santa in time, Andy will change his expression once.

Noelle
11-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Oh, lookie, AR.com has the new layout up... and Ask Andy has its own section with archives of the past few Ask Andy Q&As! :eek:

Volcanic Tennis
11-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Oh, lookie, AR.com has the new layout up... and Ask Andy has its own section with archives of the past few Ask Andy Q&As! :eek:

I wish he'd answer more! I want to know what his favorite kind of pie is :sad:

MissFairy
11-13-2005, 06:44 PM
I wish he'd answer more! I want to know what his favorite kind of pie is :sad:
I think we all know what it is. Fish pie. Mardy Fish Pie. He could just eat him up.

Volcanic Tennis
11-13-2005, 06:47 PM
I think we all know what it is. Fish pie. Mardy Fish Pie. He could just eat him up.

:spit: :lol:

Partygirl showed me a picture once of them playing doubles... Andy seemed very "happy" :lol:

MissFairy
11-13-2005, 06:49 PM
'Walking on air' i think is the appropriate term ;)

jessa007
11-13-2005, 11:59 PM

I know, they archived my question! Which is kind of weird since it's an old question, but fun none the less. :)

Volcanic Tennis
11-14-2005, 12:08 AM
LOL That's awesome Jessa!

Deboogle!.
12-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Roddick to play ATP Tennis Channel tournament in Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS -- Andy Roddick, the highest-ranking American tennis player, has committed to play in the relocated Tennis Channel Open, the event sponsor said Thursday.

Roddick, ranked No. 3 in the world by the ATP, will be paid an undisclosed appearance fee as the marquee draw in a 32-player men's singles field, said Steve Bellamy, president of event sponsor The Tennis Channel.

"Having Andy involved is really going to make it a spectacular year one," Bellamy said of the Feb. 27-March 5 tournament.

Roddick opted not to play at a tournament that week in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, that is drawing other top players including Las Vegas resident Andre Agassi and No. 1-ranked Roger Federer.

In a statement released by the Santa Monica, Calif.-based Tennis Channel, Roddick expressed enthusiasm for the Las Vegas tournament, which had been played since 1986 in Scottsdale, Ariz.

Americans Robby Ginepri, ranked 17th on the ATP tour, and James Blake, as well as German Tommy Haas were among other players committed to the Las Vegas event, Bellamy said.

blosson
12-01-2005, 09:21 PM
OK. Andy will be burnt out by the end of the first quarter. :o

Deboogle!.
12-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Yep. his schedule early on is way too heavy. Sigh.

J. Corwin
12-01-2005, 09:32 PM
He always seems to have heavy early season schedules each year, no? He and Dean should really consider Q's schedule. ;)

Let's hope ESPN is kind enough to add this tournament into their TV listings.

Deboogle!.
12-01-2005, 09:32 PM
UH!!! Jace, I don't think ESPN is gonna be airing the Tennis Channel Open;):lol:

J. Corwin
12-01-2005, 09:34 PM
my bad :o

On the bright side, we know Andy will be there early...to um...practice tennis, and get "acclimated" to the conditions of Vegas. ;)

Deboogle!.
12-01-2005, 09:36 PM
:lol: silly Jace.

oh, yea, maybe Andy will show up, like, for his match ;):o:smash:

tangerine_dream
12-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Andy in Vegas :banana:

Roddick commits to Vegas tourney
December 1, 2005

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Andy Roddick, the highest-ranking American tennis player, has committed to play in the relocated Tennis Channel Open, the event sponsor said Thursday.

Roddick, ranked No. 3 in the world by the ATP, will be paid an undisclosed appearance fee as the marquee draw in a 32-player men's singles field, said Steve Bellamy, president of event sponsor The Tennis Channel.

"Having Andy involved is really going to make it a spectacular year one," Bellamy said of the Feb. 27-March 5 tournament.

Roddick opted not to play at a tournament that week in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, that is drawing other top players including Las Vegas resident Andre Agassi and No. 1-ranked Roger Federer.

In a statement released by the Santa Monica, Calif.-based Tennis Channel, Roddick expressed enthusiasm for the Las Vegas tournament, which had been played since 1986 in Scottsdale, Ariz.

Americans Robby Ginepri, ranked 17th on the ATP tour, and James Blake, as well as German Tommy Haas were among other players committed to the Las Vegas event, Bellamy said.

Deboogle!.
12-01-2005, 09:38 PM
:lol: you've been Debitized :lol: http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2759195&postcount=39

blosson
12-01-2005, 09:40 PM
Roddick, ranked No. 3 in the world by the ATP, will be paid an undisclosed appearance fee

Money can buy Roddick.

bavaria100
12-01-2005, 09:49 PM
:eek: Wow, that´s what I call a loaded schedule. I really wonder what Andy smoked when he decided to play in sooo many tourneys in the first part of 2006. :scratch: Looking at this schedule, I think we all can be sure that he once again won´t play in Monte Carlo. :fiery: Who needs Monte Carlo anyway? It´s only a TMS and totally unimportant.

tangerine_dream
12-01-2005, 09:50 PM
:lol: you've been Debitized :lol: http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2759195&postcount=39
:shout: http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer/angry-smiley-055.gif

partygirl
12-02-2005, 12:34 AM
Money can buy Roddick.

does that money buy roddick...or the roddick?

Noelle
12-02-2005, 01:47 AM
Be careful what you spend your money on. I think the package includes Momma Blanche, too.
http://www.photobucket.com/albums/v602/noelledeg/mommablanche.jpg

partygirl
12-02-2005, 02:09 AM
ok...now i feel bad :o

but hey she's not clueless, she made it. :worship: :bowdown: :worship: "oh great momma roddick- tell us how we too can have beautiful b a b i e s!"

Deboogle!.
12-02-2005, 02:35 AM
Looking at this schedule, I think we all can be sure that he once again won´t play in Monte Carlo. :fiery: Who needs Monte Carlo anyway? It´s only a TMS and totally unimportant.Unfortunately, I think that's a given. And it's too bad b/c if he just thought about it a little, he'd realize that Monte Carlo is the TMS probably most similar to RG :smash:

Deboogle!.
12-02-2005, 05:54 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce you to..... the delusional tournament directors!!!
----------------------
Roddick a wildcard chance for Adelaide
Friday December 2, 4:41 PM
ABC

The organisers of next month's Adelaide International say there is a chance big-serving American Andy Roddick could take one of two remaining wild card entries for the event.

Tournament co-director, Peter Johnston, says with Lleyton Hewitt and Mark Phillippousis already in the draw, the wild cards could make the competition even more interesting.

"There's always the chance of an eleventh-hour request from a marquee player like say an Andy Roddick or someone," he said.

"We're not too hopeful, but we haven't closed the door on those things... but some guys who made their Davis Cup debut last year would be potential chances - [Chris] Guccione and [Peter] Luczak."

Noelle
12-02-2005, 07:10 AM
Oh please. Andy says, "Who needs a warmup to the AO?" :p

partygirl
12-02-2005, 11:30 AM
"We're not too hopeful"
We're not too hopeful either...and im noted for my delusions (which i magically turn into reality-somehow)

J. Corwin
12-02-2005, 11:54 AM
What are you doing up at this hour, Larah? :eek:

partygirl
12-02-2005, 12:02 PM
bored...

i could ask the same of you jace.

maybe its in the air???

J. Corwin
12-02-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm up because I couldn't sleep, feeling too guilty about all the work I had put off...so I'm part-working, part-slacking, part-surfing, and part-chatting. ;)

Love instant coffee!

partygirl
12-02-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm up because I couldn't sleep, feeling too guilty about all the work I had put off...so I'm part-working, part-slacking, part-surfing, and part-chatting. ;)

Love instant coffee!

you are quite the multi tasker...im just an insomniac,
looking for a cure and merlot is not the answer, but i like it.
:smoke:

Deboogle!.
12-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Oh please. Andy says, "Who needs a warmup to the AO?" :p:lol:

he's playing kooyong - guaranteed 3 matches against really good players. I don't want him to play Adelaide, he doesn't need to play an extra tourney before the AO. :)

nobama
12-02-2005, 08:13 PM
So it's possible that Andy will have 10 straight weeks of tournaments - beginning with DC on Feb 6 and ending with Houston on April 16? :eek: That's a crazy schedule!

partygirl
12-02-2005, 08:39 PM
So it's possible that Andy will have 10 straight weeks of tournaments - beginning with DC on Feb 6 and ending with Houston on April 16? :eek:
andy's like a chick, he likes choice...then the diva can come out and say im not going :ras::rolls:

Deboogle!.
12-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Yes and no - there are several days off before IW actually starts, same with Miami.

But essentially, yes. Essentially, Andy's dumb.:o

Deboogle!.
12-02-2005, 09:35 PM
From the San Jose site
=========================
Roddick At the Crossroads

By Joel Drucker

When Andy Roddick arrives in San Jose next February for the SAP Open he’ll be trying to earn a rare three-peat. How rare? It was last accomplished at this event by Tony Trabert, who won it three straight times between 1953 and ’55. Tennis was quite different. Back then, the tournament was held at the Berkeley Tennis Club, compensation consisted of a few bucks under the table, players used wood rackets, wore all-white clothes and struck white tennis balls. No question, the last 50 years have been a time of radical change in the tennis world.

But in other ways, Roddick’s now facing an eternal challenge: the need to become a better player in a time of heated competition. Two years ago, he finished the year ranked number one in the world. Since then, of course, we’ve been witness to the flowering of Roger Federer, an ascent so dominant in performance and elegant in execution that the 24-year-old Swiss is considered on a path to becoming the greatest tennis player in tennis history.

As for Roddick, he’s now 23 and at a tricky crossroads. Besides the brilliant Federer, Roddick’s up against the rising Rafael Nadal, the tenacious Lleyton Hewitt, the mercurial Marat Safin and the enduring Andre Agassi. Though San Jose was one of four titles Roddick’s won this year – each on different surfaces – his Grand Slam results have been up and down. A semi in Australia and a runner-up showing at Wimbledon were countered by first round exits in Paris :scratch: and the U.S. Open. The New York loss – on Roddick’s birthday no less – was particularly vexing.:sad:

Over the last year, Roddick has put in lots of time working on his game with his coach, Dean Goldfine. From hours in the gym to the court, from lifting weights and running to beefing up his backhand and volleys, Roddick’s dedication is first-rate. For all the perks fame has brought him, he most of all loves the chance to prove himself as a competitor.

But as he nears the thick part of his career, can he simultaneously compete and improve? Harkening back to tennis’ old days, there used to be a longer off-season for players to refine parts of their game. Don Budge, for example, devoted many months to refining his forehand. This year, though, Roddick will barely have time to recover from the ATP’s season-ending Masters Cup in Shanghai before spending a bit of time relaxing, enjoying the holidays and then making his way to Australia.

Ironically, as he faces his own career transition, Roddick well knows that he wants to make himself a far more effective transition player. He is a feisty competitor. But now we will see if he can take better advantage of the openings he creates with his serve and forehand. Can he pounce on approach shot opportunities sooner? Can he feel a bit more balanced and comfortable at the net? Will his backhand hold up under pressure? Can his service returns create more openings? As three-time Wimbledon winner John Newcombe once said, “Tennis is game that poses many questions. Champions are the ones that come up with the answers.”

nobama
12-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Yes and no - there are several days off before IW actually starts, same with Miami.

But essentially, yes. Essentially, Andy's dumb.:oYeah, but they're not really days off if you consider travel and practice time and stuff. It's not like Andy can go home in between, can he? :shrug:

Deboogle!.
12-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Vegas to Indian Wells isn't exactly a long trip. In fact, sure he could go home in between there for a few days if he wanted. Same for Miami, depending on how long he's in the tourney for of course.

I mean, the only extra thing he has this year is Vegas. In 2004, he did the same thing, he played the same # of tourneys... but for some reason there was a week in between Memphis and Scottsdale (now Vegas), and this year there is not that week there. http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/playerprofiles/playeractivity/default.asp?year=2004&query=Singles&player=R485&x=11&y=4 I don't know where that week has gone, but that was the Olympic year so things were different with the calendar. And yes, at the end of that stretch in 2004, in Houston, Andy was dead tired.

He's an adult, he knows what that kind of stretch of weeks in a row will do to him.

Deboogle!.
12-03-2005, 06:21 AM
Matt Cronin noticed:

Roddick – who is scheduled to play Davis Cup, San Jose, Memphis, Indian Wells and Miami – was going to take the week off, but a decent amount of guarantee money and a personal plea by the TTC's Steve Bellamy changed his mind. Counting the Aussie Open, the US's No. 1 player is now scheduled to compete 10 out of 11 weeks without a break – a huge risk even for the most well-conditioned athlete and an even bigger one for a man who is dealing with back problems.:o

nobama
12-03-2005, 01:41 PM
He should not be playing Vegas (IMO). But I also don't see him breaking a promise, so he'll probably play. But that's a ridiculous schedule, especially considering he doesn't really get a long break until after USO. As Wimbledon is pushed back a week next year there's only one week break in between Wimbledon and Indianapolis. The calendar is just :retard:

partygirl
12-03-2005, 02:16 PM
well yay.

Jennay
12-03-2005, 02:59 PM
DON'T GET INJURED IN MIAMI AGAIN. :fiery: :sad:

Blah to Vegas.

zoltan83
12-03-2005, 05:01 PM
DON'T GET INJURED IN MIAMI AGAIN. :fiery: :sad:

Blah to Vegas.
I completely agree with you :mad:

Deboogle!.
12-03-2005, 05:19 PM
How about, don't get injured before, during, or after Miami? :p

zoltan83
12-03-2005, 05:23 PM
How about, don't get injured before, during, or after Miami? :p
Sure it could be a good idea :p but don't get injured for Miami is a better idea :angel: :p

nobama
12-03-2005, 06:26 PM
How about play in Monte Carlo rather than Houston. That's where all the good dirtballers play anyway. Or would that be too offensive to Mattress Mac? :lol:

Deboogle!.
12-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Andy will never skip Houston, barring something unforseen. It's a home tournament for him, so as much as I hate that it messes up his clay schedule, it'd be kinda silly to expect him not to play

Winston's Human
12-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Plus, the Houston sponsors are dependent on the crowds that Andy draws.

In the same vein, the winter North American tour depends to a certain degree on Andy's popularity.

Deboogle!.
12-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Yep, that's quite true. And I'm sure he's being paid handsomely as a result :p

nobama
12-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Plus, the Houston sponsors are dependent on the crowds that Andy draws.

In the same vein, the winter North American tour depends to a certain degree on Andy's popularity.Well so does the summer swing, but somthing's gotta give. At least there's a couple weeks in between Houston and Rome. Maybe he'll skip Indy this year?

partygirl
12-03-2005, 10:04 PM
it'd be kinda silly to expect him not to play
its also kinda silly for andy to think he can play for -like, ever?
i mean 10 weeks, come roddick- let's not.

my forcast:
2006 = silly :crazy:

Deboogle!.
12-04-2005, 05:17 AM
From Charlie Bricker's weekly column: "Andy Roddick and coach Dean Goldfine of Aventura will be together for a second straight year in 2006. ... "

Golfnduck
12-04-2005, 05:34 AM
Yay!!! Andy and Dean are a good pair, hopefully next year brings better results.

idolwatcher1
12-04-2005, 08:18 AM
speaking of City&Shore, does anyone have media of Andy when he was on Rachel Ray's show years ago?? I would die if anyone does!

Noelle
12-04-2005, 01:34 PM
He was on Rachael Ray's show? I so did not know that. :scratch:

Deboogle!.
12-04-2005, 02:47 PM
HE WAS WHAT??????????????????????????????

If Andy supported Rachael Ray, I can no longer be a fan.

pikespeak
12-04-2005, 04:52 PM
HA HA HA!

Rachael annoys you, eh, Debs?

And you ding me for dishing the precious Ginger....LOL!

Deboogle!.
12-04-2005, 05:41 PM
But I watch Rachael Ray every day, I know she annoys me - at least as a cooking show host, but I don't think she's a bad person, I just don't think she's a good cook :). Have you even ever heard Ginger speak more than once? I don't think it's quite the same :)

partygirl
12-04-2005, 10:19 PM
HA HA HA!

Rachael annoys you, eh, Debs?

And you ding me for dishing the precious Ginger....LOL!

But I watch Rachael Ray every day, I know she annoys me - at least as a cooking show host, but I don't think she's a bad person, I just don't think she's a good cook :). Have you even ever heard Ginger speak more than once? I don't think it's quite the same :)

i think pike said once he had words with ms. ginger...so maybe they exchanged more than one word :shrug: i could be wrong.:shrug:

i dont like rachael or ginger- ha.
and no i have met neither of them...yet i have a strong feeling towards...
yet im open to the fact that i could meet them and feel differerently,
what can i say...im judgemental...or maybe just mental.

p.s- pike thanx for the runway update- you know i need fashion, fashion, fashion -any way, shape or form. ;)

partygirl
12-04-2005, 10:22 PM
HE WAS WHAT??????????????????????????????

If Andy supported Rachael Ray, I can no longer be a fan.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Debstah again.
you dont know how much i needed to rep you for this.
-hope this makes up for it :lol:just so you know.:kiss:

Deboogle!.
12-04-2005, 10:28 PM
i think pike said once he had words with ms. ginger...so maybe they exchanged more than one word :shrug: i could be wrong.:shrug:

i dont like rachael or ginger- ha.
and no i have met neither of them...yet i have a strong feeling towards...
yet im open to the fact that i could meet them and feel differerently,
what can i say...im judgemental...or maybe just mental.

p.s- pike thanx for the runway update- you know i need fashion, fashion, fashion -any way, shape or form. ;) That's irrelevant, I still don't see how my annoyance with Rachael Ray, a public person, and her TV show has anything to do with assuming that Ginger, a private person who I've barely heard speak, is a normally good person considering I have no proof otherwise. And that's what pikespeak was suggesting.

As for Andy being on Rachael Ray's show or whatever, I am going to assume that is a rumor until I see proof. I watch her several times a day and have never seen a celebrity on it with her :shrug:

partygirl
12-04-2005, 11:00 PM
That's irrelevant, I still don't see how my annoyance with Rachael Ray, a public person, and her TV show has anything to do with assuming that Ginger, a private person who I've barely heard speak, is a normally good person considering I have no proof otherwise. And that's what pikespeak was suggesting.

well i just meant that he, having had a conversation with her may have reason to not like (or detest) her, if he so chooses.

but there is a difference in the two, i think thats what i meant to point out....
im lost now
im judgemental...or maybe just mental.
-i did say i was mental.

Deboogle!.
12-04-2005, 11:10 PM
well i just meant that he, having had a conversation with her may have reason to not like (or detest) her, if he so chooses.That's fine, but that has nothing to do with what was said to me about MY beliefs, and my decision to assume that Ginger is fine since I have not met her but also to be annoyed by Rachael Ray and hope that Andy has no contact with her because I find her annoying :lol: (I mean, I thought it was quite clear that I was joking anyway? I mean, you got it :p)but there is a difference in the two, i think thats what i meant to point out....
im lost nowUh oh. :lol:

partygirl
12-05-2005, 12:10 AM
:hug:

pikespeak
12-05-2005, 02:22 AM
Now you guys aren't arguing over little ole' me are you?

Look, I was kidding with you Lady Debs...hope you didn't take offense.

Have you even ever heard Ginger speak more than once? I don't think it's quite the same :)

(forcefully) Yes. Inexplicably. I had to deal with her during the ESPYs in 2004 and in 2005. If you remember, I made a post about my time there, but I kept that particular portion out...and I will continue to do so (kind of). Now, my contempt for Ginger is mainly personal, and I can give two hot damns if she's a public or private person. :devil: :lol: :lol:

Now I promised I would keep my mouth shut, and I will, but I have to say this--I had to watch that slapper take a simple problem with a simple solution and turn into a debacle (when Andy had to host the party at the Playboy mansion) and then allow that Maria Sharapova dating thing get out of control. Then when the whole thing about Maria cools down I read in the paper that she would have found the whole thing funny (aha ha :rolleyes: ) if she wouldn't have gotten so many emails about it. :mad: Well, la-ti-da. Ugh. As his publicist...I mean, me and my colleagues who were with me that day agree--ya know what? Never mind. I'm not saying anymore. I'm going to let it go. DAMN KARMA! :lol: :lol:

Don't get mad at me Debs. I know you said you don't know her, and you don't want to judge, and I sincerely respect that. :worship: :) Plus I wouldn't rag on her so much if I hadn't met her... I mean, she isn't evil, I don't want to kill her, and I don't hate her--she just annoyed me half way to hell!!! :devil: :devil:

And continues to do so--from a far. Is that possible? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to Rachael--didn't her reciepes work for you? Some did for me. Ina's works the best for me--as does Paula Deen. What about the new guy? The cute one--Dave Lieberman? Hottie.

Now on to you Ms. Larah...

p.s- pike thanx for the runway update- you know i need fashion, fashion, fashion -any way, shape or form. ;) [/I]

You know I have to keep people informed--I've seen some of it and it looks gorgeous! I'm going to miss me some Tyra working the runway--thank god for her TV shows...

I love both of you and have a great weekend. :wavey:

:hug: :hug:

partygirl
12-05-2005, 02:29 AM
everybody loves everybody. :smooch:

karmic retribution

Deboogle!.
12-05-2005, 02:48 AM
Don't get mad at me Debs. Why would I be mad? What would I be mad about? lol. I have exams in 4 days... so, no offense, but I don't have time to be mad at you. Ginger's human and I think she's done a pretty good job with Andy, I don't think she's your typical celebrity PR person. She's married to Andy's brother, whom he is inordinately close with. So I think at the end of the day she has his best interest at heart, and I'd rather have someone like her around him and have her make a few mistakes than some of the moron PR people who seem to be out there. Andy's family is close enough so that she wouldn't get away with fucking around I don't think :shrug:

Back to Rachael--didn't her reciepes work for you? Some did for me. Ina's works the best for me--as does Paula Deen. What about the new guy? The cute one--Dave Lieberman? Hottie.No, I hate her ridiculous mixes of ingredients, etc. Some of her ideas to shorten meals are cute, but some of them are just utterly ridiculous. You don't have to be trained as a "chef" to be a great cook, but she just demonstrates that she doesn't really know quite what she's doing. She tries to make gourmet meals in 30 minutes and the whole thing is just so fake and annoying and stuff, and I don't like gourmet anyway. I like simple and flavorful, and I never cook for longer than 30 minutes, and usually way less than that, and I don't have anyone to put my pots and pans in exactly the right place every time before I cook :p I like Paula Deen, and Giada, and Alton Brown, and many others.

All this said, I still fail to see the correlation between my feelings towards Ginger and my feelings towards Rachael Ray, but really it doesn't matter. :)

pikespeak
12-05-2005, 05:00 AM
Now that I think about Debs, I don't see the correlation either...

I have been half awake all day...

idolwatcher1
12-05-2005, 07:36 AM
As for Andy being on Rachael Ray's show or whatever, I am going to assume that is a rumor until I see proof. I watch her several times a day and have never seen a celebrity on it with her :shrug:
Deb, I guess you've never watched her show "Inside Dish" w/ Rachael Ray?? She was with Morgan Freeman this week...

Anyway, Andy was on a cooking show years ago... I saw it myself! He may have even been 18 at the time... I remember they did a little fluff piece when they would go to commercial break... Andy made one of his favorite dishes on the show and told her how to make it... He seemed quite personable on it, and I enjoyed it! :)

I'm a bit surprised no one here saw it also... Anyone can ask him about this if they ever have that contact with him, because he did do it...

Deboogle!.
12-05-2005, 03:44 PM
I've seen Inside Dish many times, I wasn't talking about that one and I know Andy hasn't been on it lol. I don't recall her have a celebrity on 30 minute meals, or $40 a day, or Tasty Travels. Andy may have been on some cooking show thing for a little cameo but if it was that long ago, I don't think you'll find a video file of it or anything.

idolwatcher1
12-06-2005, 04:28 AM
Deb, I never specified which show I thought Andy was on of hers, because I honestly can't remember which show it was... it was years ago... It may have even been before Rachael had the "30 minute meals" show, I don't know... but anyway, he was there cooking, and I have media from 80s & 90s TV on my computer... all someone needs is to have taped the show on their VCR and they can capture it onto their computer, and then we can have the media file! :)

Deboogle!.
12-06-2005, 04:37 AM
Perhaps I should've been clearer. obviously the technology would allow such a media file to be made. However, I think the odds that someone would have taped that so long ago are essentially zero.

I didn't even get the Food Network back then :shrug:

surfpinky
12-06-2005, 04:53 AM
I am about ready to go to bed, but there's a new video on ar.com (on the front page)...just to let you all know. If you don't know already. |:

Deboogle!.
12-06-2005, 04:56 AM
I am about ready to go to bed, but there's a new video on ar.com (on the front page)...just to let you all know. If you don't know already. |:A new video? Am I blind? I am not seeing it :lol: I see a "new article" which is actually MONTHS old :o, but not a new video?:scratch:

BiancaUL
12-06-2005, 05:33 AM
On the right hand side of the page, right underneath the menu bar, the video is there. It played automatically for me.

And I don't remember Andy ever being on a Rachael Ray show, but I have a vague recollection of him being on Burly Bear, cooking something with some chick... maybe that's what's being thought of? :scratch:

Deboogle!.
12-06-2005, 05:44 AM
Is it the video of the commercial for his charity event? If so, that's the same one that's been there since the site launched? I feel like I'm in a study-induced coma that's making me go insane :haha:

edit: never mind, I just closed and reopened Firefox and I see it. WHAT A RETARD :haha: and the MUSIC omg! :rolls:

http://www.andyroddick.com/rightColSlideshow/rightCol.swf Bigger :sobbing:

Noelle
12-06-2005, 06:35 AM
THE MUSIC!!!! :rolls:

What a dork. :p

Noelle
12-06-2005, 06:48 AM
I ripped the audio from the site! Clicky-click! ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PKZ8WRJ0

partygirl
12-06-2005, 07:09 AM
so now were calling it new and improved :confused:
i thought it was new and regressed, total nonsense, but that doesnt sound as snazzy.

has he ever been to andyroddick.com? he should go:
then get those bitchez in check cause it sux.:rolls:

s n a z z y.

idolwatcher1
12-06-2005, 08:15 AM
On the right hand side of the page, right underneath the menu bar, the video is there. It played automatically for me.

And I don't remember Andy ever being on a Rachael Ray show, but I have a vague recollection of him being on Burly Bear, cooking something with some chick... maybe that's what's being thought of? :scratch:
I think you may be right!! After doing a little research, I came to the realization that I must have been watching the old cooking show called "Half Baked" on TBS (not the Food Network :smash: ), and it was when Andy was 19 years old (June 2002)... and the host was Bernadette Pauley, not Rachael Ray... so my memory was not very good... :sobbing:

Here's a taste of what it looked like :p : http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/1682/burly22yz.jpg http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/5018/burly19sl.jpg

I want to see him on that show again! I wish someone had media of this... he seemed very comfortable on this show!

Noelle
12-06-2005, 09:05 AM
You know Andy... when it involves food, he's happy! :lol:

partygirl
12-06-2005, 10:09 AM
when it envolves andy ...im happy!
i want to see that too, ive seen the pics, never the vid.

but im totally baked, not 1/2.:sobbing:

Deboogle!.
12-06-2005, 06:43 PM
From Wertheim's end of the year thing.... as a question for 2006:

Will Andy Roddick -- all together now -- find his ... well, you know ... his bliss?

and OMG at the end he says "We leave you with this, your Moment of Zen for 2005." and in it is a link to the video of Andy singing :haha: :haha: :haha:

superpinkone37
12-07-2005, 12:48 AM
:rolls:

Noelle
12-07-2005, 02:01 AM
HOLY SHIT.

renee_chin
12-07-2005, 02:19 AM
Andrew Roddick should be banned from public-singing :p

superpinkone37
12-07-2005, 02:27 AM
But then we would have no one to make fun of during the off season. :p

renee_chin
12-07-2005, 02:56 AM
True. Oh well... Keep it up, Andy :singer:

Can't bring myself to say 'keep up the good work' ;)

Eve83
12-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Is it the video of the commercial for his charity event? If so, that's the same one that's been there since the site launched? I feel like I'm in a study-induced coma that's making me go insane :haha:

edit: never mind, I just closed and reopened Firefox and I see it. WHAT A RETARD :haha: and the MUSIC omg! :rolls:

http://www.andyroddick.com/rightColSlideshow/rightCol.swf Bigger :sobbing:

I already laughed when I saw the frozen pic on the main site and then I was like "wait...it´s a clip", so I pushed play and then I started to laugh REALLY hard :haha: awesome! I´d like to see Andy read out a book to a kid...hope he can do better in that!

ARAG World Team Cup announced its first player yesterday and it´s Andy! I AM SOOO PSYCHED!!! I live in Dusseldorf and last year I travelled 400 Km all the way to Hamburg just to see him lose in the opener (yeah, well). Although it was just 300 Km cause I was attending the WTA Berlin tourney the week before. However, the tourney is just 30 minutes away from my home and I probably will get a press-pass for that tourney...hope everything will work out, otherwise I am of course willed to pay for three Andy matches on clay...that´s the good thing about the World Team Cup...he can´t really lose a match on clay there...;)

Deboogle!.
12-07-2005, 03:09 PM
wait, what???? he's playing that next year????? :eek::eek: He hasn't played that since what, 2002? Hm...

Noelle
12-07-2005, 03:17 PM
It's on clay... :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
12-07-2005, 03:19 PM
well yes LOL...I'm skeptical to say the least, but it's on their site and everything.... I don't know what to think about this lol
===============
"Back the roots" - Roddick Returns to Duesseldorf

The first entry for next years' Tennis World Team Championship is already a blockbuster: After four years Andy Roddick will return to Duesseldorf . The 23-year-old World Number three and currently Number one in his country, wants to lead the 'stars-and-stripes' team back into the final -13 years after their last triumph at Rolander Weg.

According to the ATP rankings possible alternatives for the second singles would be either US-Open runner-up Andre Agassi, Robby Ginepri and James Blake, who enjoys great popularity among the tennis fans. First choice with regard to the doubles are again the twins Bob and Mike Bryan. As a 18-year-old Andy Roddick, the player with the hardest serve on the ATP Tour (249,4 km/h), celebrated his first appearance in Duesseldorf in 2001 when he teamed up with the great Pete Sampras, just as one year later in 2002. In the past two years Roddick played only one match in Germany - at the Masters in Hamburg Rothenbaum, when he lost his first match to Chile’s Olympic champion Nicolas Massu.

Thus, tennis enthusiasts may be looking very much forward to his return to Duesseldorf from May 21-27, 2006. With the 2003 US Open champion Roddick as the undisputed Number one, the USA want to get into the act again next year. Pete Sampras, Patrick McEnroe, Michael Chang and Richey Reneberg have captured the Tennis World Team Championship for the fourth and so far last time in 1993 – incidentally by defeating Germany with top player Michael Stich in the final.

Noelle
12-07-2005, 03:26 PM
OMG. Is it possible?

Is Andy really planning on getting ready for RG? :eek:

Deboogle!.
12-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Well playing this didn't help him in 2001 and 2002 :lol:

But yes, it seems that way. He hasn't played the week before a slam since he played St. Poelten in 2003 and won the title and we all know what happened after that..... :scared:

The thing is, he'll still probably skip Monte Carlo. :(

Eve83
12-07-2005, 03:36 PM
wait, what???? he's playing that next year????? :eek::eek: He hasn't played that since what, 2002? Hm...

Yep...I never thought he would come back here. I live here since fall´02 so I just missed him. Couldn´t believe it either. He loves team competition so maybe it´s just a fun idea to play for the US on his least fave surface before having to go to Paris.

Here´s the link to the mainpage: http://www.arag-world-team-cup.com/en/

Noelle
12-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Well playing this didn't help him in 2001 and 2002 :lol::ras:
The thing is, he'll still probably skip Monte Carlo. :(Gee. Doesn't Andy know he can gamble in Monte Carlo? It may not be Texas Hold 'Em Poker, but... :p

Eve83
12-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Well, the news is even up in the newspaper "Handelsblatt", something like the "Financial Times"...seems to be accurate. Definetly a huge surprise. Wouldn´t have expected him in a million years.

Noelle
12-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Oh yeah... thought I'd bring this up.
http://img.menstennisforums.com/mtf/customavatars/avatar2910_1.gif:hearts: :inlove: Somerhalder!!!

Deboogle!.
12-07-2005, 03:45 PM
I just hope he knows what he's doing. that is all.

Eve83
12-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Oh yeah... thought I'd bring this up.
http://img.menstennisforums.com/mtf/customavatars/avatar2910_1.gif:hearts: :inlove: Somerhalder!!!

I am still sad about his character in LOST...damn it

Eve83
12-07-2005, 03:50 PM
I just hope he knows what he's doing. that is all.

Well it´s Andy...intricate paths...

Noelle
12-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Andy? Knows what he's doing? :lol: The poor guy overschedules himself all the time. :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
12-07-2005, 03:52 PM
But he's not known for over-scheduling himself on CLAY :haha:

It's just a little disconcerting b/c it leaves almost no preparation time in Paris, especially since they start on Sunday this year.

Noelle
12-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I think I overdosed on the Sarcasmorade...

Deboogle!.
12-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Sarcasmorade :haha:

Noelle
12-07-2005, 03:56 PM
:p

Well, at least Andy's trying to play on more clay. I guess he just doesn't want the pressure of competing in more high-stakes tournaments (like Monte Carlo :rolleyes: ).

Eve83
12-07-2005, 03:56 PM
But he's not known for over-scheduling himself on CLAY :haha:

It's just a little disconcerting b/c it leaves almost no preparation time in Paris, especially since they start on Sunday this year.

This kinda reminds me at a certain blonde Russian who will play Istanbul this year...desperate for at least some success on clay;)

Nah, come on guys, be honest...Andy sucks on european clay so it won´t really overload his clay schedule. Besides, playing Dusseldorf is definetly more fun than "real" matches, it´s merely something like the little exho he played this year prior to the French.

J. Corwin
12-07-2005, 03:58 PM
I wouldn't trust Andy's clay schedule, not yet, especially when we all know he has concert gigs to perform and an album to record on the side ;)

holy shit, your avs deb and noelle :haha::haha: ok shoosh I just noticed them :o

Noelle
12-07-2005, 03:59 PM
ANDY DOES NOT SUCK ON CLAY! :(

He does, however, blow on it. ;)

Noelle
12-07-2005, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't trust Andy's clay schedule, not yet, especially we all know he has concert gigs to perform and an album to record on the side ;):spit: :lol:

I proposed in the Safin chat thread that Andy should be 1/2 of a boyband like Milli Vanilli, MOST ESPECIALLY because he can't sing and would benefit from the lip-sync. ;) Thanks for the compliment, Jace.

Deboogle!.
12-07-2005, 04:08 PM
LOL!!!!! oh, I don't think it's bad that he's playing this. I just get annoyed that he'll probably pull out of Monte Carlo in exchange :lol: It'll give him guaranteed matches on clay against people who are probably better than most at St. Poelten.

Andy will do well at RG when he decides he really wants it. Playing another exhibition-esque tourney thing right before won't show he really wants it, he just has to make the decision :p

Glad you like the av Jace :p LOL Milli Vanilli HAHAAHAHA good one Noelle :p

surfpinky
12-07-2005, 04:56 PM
wait, wa? andy playing in düsseldorf? wa? |:

acoffeygirl
12-07-2005, 04:57 PM
I know....it is too early for me to process such information!! :scratch:

surfpinky
12-07-2005, 05:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/surfpinky/other/dance4.gif

Deboogle!.
12-07-2005, 05:05 PM
LOL Nat

Eve83
12-07-2005, 05:24 PM
You know for all you guys who watch the Gilmore Girls, there was this one episode where Lorelai said something like: "I always wanted to say, I travel back from Düsseldorf." I love that show and when I heard that, I knew why I absolutely adore it.

Düsseldorf´s a cool city...at the moment I am really glad I stayed here for the Master as I wanted to go somewhere else for contuining studies...hehe

MissFairy
12-07-2005, 06:31 PM
ohmyfreakinglordcalledcarlosthespanishdude, your avs :haha: :haha:

superpinkone37
12-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Well, he doing something different, and as it may freak us out a little bit, what he was doind during the clay season up till this point obviously wasn't working. We'll see what happens after this. :unsure:

Havok
12-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Just stop sucking on clay, it's as simple as that :p. He just needs to learn how to play a clay court game because EVERYTHING is exposed on clay. If you have shitty movement, you die on the clay, if your court positioning is terrible you're a goner on clay (imo this is what hurts Andy the most), your groundies need to be deep all the time because you can't give up any length, you need to learn how to play a short crosscourt angle to open things up throw in a drop shot or something. Oh and clay gives you way more time to return serves, yet Andy doesn't rip anything :shrug:. I know it's a lot to ask for but when you're playing losers in say Houston, just try out these things and get accustomed to them. You know you're not gonna lose to shit at the Houston event so might as well give it a shot no?:shrug:

Anyways this exho before RG, I only see it as a good thing. he won't tank it, but not take it extremely seriously so it's a fine balance and generally good clay courters play there so it'll be a nice lead-up to the real thing. Just please Andy refrain on the clay next year. This year he could have had a really good clay court season (by his standards) but fucked up in matches he had in the bag. If he capitalized he would have had the Houston title, at least a QF at rome, probably a 3r/QF at Hamburg and like a 3r-4r at RG.

renee_chin
12-08-2005, 01:09 AM
I understand the frustration of him missing looking likely to give Monte Carlo a miss yet again... But at least he's trying to play more on clay, which can only be something positive, I suppose... :scratch:

Noelle
12-08-2005, 01:39 AM
If he capitalized he would have had the Houston title, at least a QF at rome, probably a 3r/QF at Hamburg and like a 3r-4r at RG.Well, at least he got the Houston title... :shrug:

Deboogle!.
12-08-2005, 01:40 AM
Well, at least he got the Houston title... :shrug::haha: :haha:

heya
12-09-2005, 12:16 AM
He always assumed he could only win with good luck.
WINNING 1 more major's enough?
LMFAO He should go back to SCHOOL.
he knows he was pressured to turn PRO
even though he had bad genes & no passion.
Brother John couldn't stay fit either.
HE probably should've listened to the coaches/opponents who rejected him at junior tourneys
at age 14-15.

When he plays outside the US, he's so scared of non Americans.
He apologized for tossing the ball too slowly, he clapped after mediocre shots that he refused to chase down.

faking THE LOUD AMERICAN HERO image is his way of compensating for having no confidence.
LOok what happened with the Belgian coach & special treatment from the lineswoman
he shut his mouth
after the bad line call in Belgium but he couldn't shut up & wasted
MATCHPOINTS in ROME.

All year, including Davis Cup, his fitness and effort levels were sad....he knew he'd
be a loser 'cuz he just stood stiffly far from the baseline &
smacked serves harder.
"OOH I'm one-dimensional. I CAN'T DO ANYTHING but depend on my intellectual coach (another bad one whom I'll fire).
Give me BOOZE, pizza, bimbos & excuses WAAAA."

A slap to his fans' faces.
I'm not going to post again until he does something worth watching.

acoffeygirl
12-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Heya's back!! :dance:

partygirl
12-09-2005, 01:16 AM
he knows he was pressured to turn PRO
even though he had bad genes & no passion.
Brother John couldn't stay fit either.
He apologized for tossing the ball too slowly, he clapped after mediocre shots that he refused to chase down..
he's a bitch
faking THE LOUD AMERICAN HERO image is his way of compensating for having no confidence..
-at least somebody said it.
it felt extremely contrived all year, especially wimbledon- you should'nt have to look to your brother in the box to get excited about the game.

I'm not going to post again until he does something worth watching. :sad:we miss your voice of reason:sobbing: just so you know:sad:

Noelle
12-09-2005, 01:24 AM
Just for what Heya said, I think Andy's gonna try harder this year. Else Heya will truly give him a tongue-lashing to remember. :eek:

Deboogle!.
12-09-2005, 01:37 AM
HEYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

Winston's Human
12-09-2005, 01:57 AM
I now know that all is well in the world because Heya has returned to the forum!!!

surfpinky
12-09-2005, 03:48 AM
heya!

Deboogle!.
12-09-2005, 03:55 AM
I now know that all is well in the world because Heya has returned to the forum!!!I know, righ!!! :lol:

superpinkone37
12-09-2005, 03:58 AM
heya :rocker2:

heya
12-09-2005, 04:39 AM
Unfortunately, the you've lost the loving feeling burp burger's his only pitiful pal.
Even the bored girl he grabbed from the crowd was embarrassed at the exhibition. :speakles:
Paris Hilton won't call him...I wonder why.
Poor Melinda the Real World darling is marrying Jealous Bonehead Danny
Elton John's engaged too. :o

partygirl
12-09-2005, 05:53 AM
the roddick will always have the fish.

Carito_90
12-09-2005, 07:34 AM
I wonder how much money the people of Duesseldorf had to offer to get Andy in the tourney. :lol:

I can't believe he's playing it though. I am still deciding wether it's a good desition or not. :scratch:

zoltan83
12-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Heya :banana: Welcome back :rocker:

Deboogle!.
12-09-2005, 04:20 PM
I wonder how much money the people of Duesseldorf had to offer to get Andy in the tourney. :lol: A lot, I am sure ;) Rumors are that Andre doesn't show up for less than $400,000... I'd guess Andy's probably around half that... at least $200,000 probably, and maybe more.I can't believe he's playing it though. I am still deciding wether it's a good desition or not. :scratch:Me too.... please Andy, make it turn out to be a good decision! :awww:

tangerine_dream
12-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Hey! hey! hey! Heya's back and badder than ever! :rocker2: We missed your forked tongue, heya. Andy needs the tough love. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Seriously, we need to find a way to blog heya's rants. :bowdown:

tangerine_dream
12-09-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm almost afraid to post this--for fear of being Debitized--but I'll take a chance :scared: ;)

From the dungeon (ar.com):

One Photo-shoot with Sprinkles and a Cherry on Top
December 8th, 2005 11:33 pm
By Andyroddick.com Staff

Andy arrived solo, slightly before 8:15 and well before his 8:30 call time. Relaxed in cargo shorts and a t-shirt, he slouched into an empty booth checking phone and text messages. While his sister-in-law and publicist, Ginger Roddick, met with the art director, stylist, and photographer, Andy turned to a familiar topic: College Football. “Over a hundred points combined between the two games,” he teased SFX’s Graham Cross about his Colorado’s loss to Texas last weekend.

Sitting in the Hollywood Ice Cream and Sandwich Shoppe, Andy was ready for his cover shoot and interview for the February / March Issue of City & Shore Magazine. “Your hair used to be different,” the stylist commented as she tousled his hair that had since been under a baseball cap. “I really don’t know,” Andy admitted his naivety of hair care. The shoot was a throw back to the jovial, and colorful spirit of a local ‘mom and pop’ ice cream shop.

It’s never to early for ice cream! Andy and his young cohorts shared a massive sundae in the first take. “Can we get some more cherries,” Andy asked when he noticed the toppings were in high demand. “Looks like we have vanilla, chocolate, strawberry….,” he educated the young cast in the fine art of flavor detection. Even more impressive than peacefully sharing a sundae with six kids was walking away from the take with only a few drops of chocolate ice-cream on his sleeve. “Not bad,” Andy complimented himself on the accomplishment.

In the second take, Andy gazed thoughtfully through the front window, giving the children a chance to capitalize on the shop owner’s offer for a free cone. Between the interview, photo-shoot, reviewing the hectic Charity Weekend’s schedule, and meeting with agent Ken Meyerson, Andy epitomized multi-tasking. And after the Starbucks arrived, he easily could have handled a dozen more tasks.

A few wardrobe changes later, Andy opted to wear his favorite jeans over the provided designer pants. But he added some serious style to the look with a Rolex Gold Daytona watch. Between the eye catching watch and the strawberry ice-cream that Andy playfully dropped on the floor for a picture, he was literally a kid in an ice cream shop.

“Unbelievable,” he laughed motioning to the two scoops that miraculously hung from the bench. “I love Ben and Jerry’s Half Baked Ice Cream, have you had that?” He gave his signature grin that would make you agree even if you were lactose intolerant. “My prop is almost gone,” he held up the cone he had been nibbling on during the last few frames. With one last shirt change before the finals take, Andy sat on the shop counter playing with various expressions for the final pictures. “One look,” the group joked about the satirical movie Zoolander.

Nearly four hours later Andy was back in his cargo shorts and t-shirt with cell phone in hand. After thank you’s, good bye’s, and a few autographs, he climbed back into his Lexus. As Andy drove away, he didn’t seem like a tennis super star who had just finished a cover shoot and interview, rather a 23 year old hopped up on Ice Cream and Coffee.

Deboogle!.
12-09-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm almost afraid to post this--for fear of being Debitized--but I'll take a chance :scared: ;):haha:

Sorry :p
http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2788239&postcount=1830

tangerine_dream
12-09-2005, 06:34 PM
I keep forgetting this is still 2005. I've already moved on to 2006. :lol:

Golfnduck
12-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Andy and ice cream spells trouble. At least it wasn't pizza and beer.

Eve83
12-09-2005, 09:19 PM
A-R.com...it´s all about plain fun and cuteness and of course well placed advertisment...I really don´t wanna know how many kids storm up to their parents now because they want to have a Rolex - THE Rolex - as in "Rolex Gold Daytona"-Rolex of course and then you also need Starbucks, Ben and Jerry icecream and of course a Lexus. X-mas is just a round the corner;)

That website stinks...

Deboogle!.
12-09-2005, 09:20 PM
That website stinks...Yes, basically. That's why we post the articles here and make fun of them ;)

guida
12-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Andy must be so disappointed with his own official site... Then again, maybe he feels comfortable with all that silliness. :lol:

Noelle
12-10-2005, 12:33 AM
The website is one huge PR machine. It's a wonder it churns out ANY news at all :shrug: :lol:

guida
12-10-2005, 12:38 AM
:lol: True that. :D

Golfnduck
12-10-2005, 12:53 AM
AR.com is an advertising machine....it cannot be stopped.

Deboogle!.
12-10-2005, 12:54 AM
There's nothing necessarily wrong with an official website being a PR machine, that's sort of what they're there for. But, they can still be good quality and be a PR machine :lol:

partygirl
12-10-2005, 01:13 AM
obviously andy is not interested in quality PR anywhere, anyhow.

-which is too bad.

tangerine_dream
12-10-2005, 01:15 AM
The problem with official websites (everybody's, not just Andy's) is that they're not allowed to discuss their subject as freely and honestly as fan websites. If ar.com ever wanted to hire any of us to contribute to the site I think we would have to politely decline because that would mean we couldn't say directly to Andy's face, "Muller? You lost to *&^% Muller first round USO? WTF's the matter with you, mojo boy? Stop sucking!!!" Viola! New world's record for getting fired from a job.

Nobody goes to these sites for critical analysis. We just want to get the fluff (video of Andy's daytrip to an ice cream parlor) and then get out quickly. :lol:

Deboogle!.
12-10-2005, 01:17 AM
Oh definitely, but you'd think they'd want to put forth things like... proper grammar and stuff? :shrug:

Noelle
12-10-2005, 03:36 AM
We just want to get the fluff (video of Andy's daytrip to an ice cream parlor)WAIT! They have video of it?!? :o

Deboogle!.
12-10-2005, 03:41 AM
don't think so :scratch:

partygirl
12-10-2005, 04:30 AM
WAIT! They have video of it?!? :o
theres the bopper.

Noelle
12-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Yes, someone let her out of the bottle. :o

Don't worry, I'll pack her back in just in time for Kooyong. :p

williaer
12-10-2005, 10:43 PM
just a heads up (oh gosh, i'm scared ive been Debitized) that ar.com has a new video of lionel richie performing at andy's event. you can see andy dancing at the front but it's a crap quality video

Deboogle!.
12-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Thanks Ellen!

Good lord, Andy's such a :retard: :haha:

nobama
12-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Andy....http://www.savingadvice.com/forums/images/smilies/grins-misc/smilie_tanz.gif

The video quality sucks though... :ras:

Deboogle!.
12-10-2005, 10:56 PM
HAHAHAHAHAH!! He dances about as well as that animated character does :haha:

williaer
12-10-2005, 10:58 PM
yeh, his dancing is quite :retard:
but then i think... at least he isnt singing!!

Deboogle!.
12-10-2005, 11:03 PM
This is true, THIS IS TRUE!

surfpinky
12-11-2005, 12:01 AM
heh
andy will never catch up to http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gif

snaillyyy
12-11-2005, 12:01 AM
errr Andy, sit down now! and don't sing instead either

Deboogle!.
12-11-2005, 12:02 AM
heh
andy will never catch up to http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifNope not possible :worship:

PinkFeatherBoa
12-11-2005, 12:37 AM
heh
andy will never catch up to http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gif

*boos nat*

Go :dance:. I miss him.

surfpinky
12-11-2005, 12:43 AM
:dance: :dance:
andy will never catch up to :dance:

PinkFeatherBoa
12-11-2005, 12:46 AM
:dance: :dance:
andy will never catch up to :dance:

:]

partygirl
12-11-2005, 02:32 AM
:sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:
ok wait.
is that him jumping up & down up front?
-not sexay, andy.
is he drunk?...it looks like he's calling for help.

Golfnduck
12-11-2005, 02:42 AM
Andy is a dancing queen :haha:

partygirl
12-11-2005, 02:46 AM
hey you guys:
"how much would you pay for-
"stripper andy"?
-2 cents?

surfpinky
12-11-2005, 02:51 AM
Andy is a dancing queen :haha:
he feels the beat from the tambourine, oh yeah 8)

am&a
12-11-2005, 03:16 AM
he feels the beat from the tambourine, oh yeah 8)hello best post ever, how are you?

surfpinky
12-11-2005, 03:21 AM
hello best post ever, how are you?
I am earlicious 8)

fangirl
12-11-2005, 03:25 AM
I am earlicious 8)

EARLIMOS! THERES A RIVER TAKE TOU TO EARLIMOS!

am&a
12-11-2005, 03:27 AM
earlicioushttp://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5839/bbmanim010pj.gif

heya
12-11-2005, 03:30 AM
Notify me when the Roddick family wants him to put down the fast food
and then spend a lot of time on the practice court outside the :inlove: USA.
I'm still waiting. YummyGENIUSES

fangirl
12-11-2005, 03:30 AM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5839/bbmanim010pj.gif

thats hot.

p.s come back on msn biatch (;

partygirl
12-11-2005, 03:38 AM

oh fucking whoa hot.

Becarina
12-11-2005, 03:57 AM

:eek: holy crap :drool: now I really want to see that movie!

blosson
12-11-2005, 09:43 AM

"image removed?" :confused:

partygirl
12-12-2005, 01:05 AM
"image removed?" :confused:
it t'was boys makin' out.

Golfnduck
12-12-2005, 01:40 AM
he feels the beat from the tambourine, oh yeah 8)
Andy should be Britney's next back-up dancer, he's sooo good :p

Deboogle!.
12-12-2005, 03:19 PM
Commentary: Roddick precise in his goals for 2006
By Charles Elmore
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Monday, December 12, 2005

BOCA RATON — It is December, the closest thing in tennis to an off-season, and Andy Roddick, the top-ranked American men's tennis player, is reflecting on the year at his Annual Charity Weekend's exhibition.

Best book he read? People wants to know.

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, answered Roddick, rising slightly from his folding chair on an outer court at The Polo Club of Boca Raton.

"It's by the guy who wrote The Da Vinci Code," Roddick said. "I liked the history behind it. It was so clever. I was in Lyon, France, a couple months ago when I was reading it. I was on the stretching table before matches reading it. It definitely got me."

Best movie? Wedding Crashers.:lol:

"Hilarious. I saw it two times in the first week. I've never crashed a wedding — I've only been to a couple — but it was cleverly written. I've met Vince Vaughn at the ESPYs. Owen Wilson spends a lot of time in Austin, but I've never met him," Roddick said of the movie's stars. "It would be fun to hang out."

The question for Roddick on the court in 2006 is what movie title best describes his career at age 23: As Good As It Gets or Back to the Future?

Roddick claimed five ATP Tour titles in 2005, and the Austin, Texas, resident who grew up in Boca Raton remains the No. 3 player in the world.

But Grand Slam titles have resisted his charms since Roddick won the U.S. Open in 2003 as the 6-foot-2, 190-pound embodiment of the future of American tennis. He reached the finals at Wimbledon this year before bowing to No. 1 Roger Federer, but followed that with a startling first-round loss to the No. 69 ranked player in the world, Gilles Muller, at the U.S. Open.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Davis Cup team is still looking for its first trophy since 1995. Roddick owns a 17-6 record in Davis Cup play, but fell to Ivan Ljubicic last year in the U.S.'s 3-2 first-round loss to eventual winner Croatia. In the 2004 final, he could not overcome Spain's Rafael Nadal and Carlos Moya in a 3-2 U.S. defeat in the finals.

Roddick made it clear where his attention will be in 2006.

"Basically, what you have to do is list your priorities," Roddick said. "The Slams and Davis Cup are my biggest passions.":)

That focus has ruled out, for example, a return to the Delray Beach tournament where he was a hometown headliner earlier in his career. The Millennium International Tennis Championships run Jan. 30 to Feb. 5 at the Delray Beach Tennis Center. Commitments include U.S. Open semifinalist Robby Ginepri, ranked No. 16, and No. 24 James Blake.

"Unfortunately, the scheduling of the Delray tournament is just a real tough week, to fly around the world and play Delray and play Davis Cup right afterwards in San Diego," Roddick said. "I want to be fully mentally and physically ready for Davis Cup ties. It's just a tough spot in the schedule."

U.S. Davis Cup captain Patrick McEnroe wants not only a rested team, but also one playing on advantageous surfaces — in Roddick's case, grass. That has discouraged Delray Beach officials about their prospects for hosting the next round, later in the spring, if the U.S. wins in La Jolla, Calif.

There has been talk about paying appearance fees to help lure more top-20 players at the Delray Beach tour event.

Roddick did not say whether he had been offered such an enticement, but said it was moot in this case.

"It definitely was not a financial decision," Roddick said. "I'm not going to hold them for ransom. If I am planning on playing the tournament, I would just come and play. They gave me a lot of support early in my career. That didn't really factor into the equation."

In its fifth year, Roddick's foundation has raised a total of nearly $3 million for children's charities. Andre Agassi had to miss the event to heal injuries, but Roddick called former No. 1 Jim Courier to join Aaron Krickstein and No. 26 Sebastien Grosjean in a doubles exhibition Sunday before a full house.

"When Andre pulled out with his injury, I told my mom, it's not bad when you can replace one former No. 1 with another," Roddick said.:yeah:

Even better for Roddick in 2006 would be placing another former No. 1 — himself — back at the top of the tennis marquee.

Golfnduck
12-12-2005, 06:24 PM
I really hope 2006 is more successful than 2005, by that I mean, winning a slam.

surfpinky
12-12-2005, 06:28 PM
awwwwww thanks deb :D

ooo wedding crashers, that movie was hilarious :haha:

Deboogle!.
12-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Something I really liked in that article is the mention of the April DC Tie being on grass. it'll most likely be against Chile, who has Slovakia at home on clay. Grass is the only surface that'd be smart to put the Chileans on, so I am glad to hear that, very glad.

surfpinky
12-12-2005, 06:34 PM
yeah, me too.
where do you think it'd be if it is in grass?

Deboogle!.
12-12-2005, 06:35 PM
I think Mattress Mack will fight to the death for it, like they did in 2002 when it was on grass. Plus it's right before Houston.... so.....yeah. that'd be my guess for a first choice - not that many places have the framework to be able to do grass courts like that, and the club in Houston already has them.

surfpinky
12-12-2005, 06:36 PM
o. ):

COME ON FLORIDA! ):

Eve83
12-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Best book he read? People wants to know.

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, answered Roddick, rising slightly from his folding chair on an outer court at The Polo Club of Boca Raton.

"It's by the guy who wrote The Da Vinci Code," Roddick said. "I liked the history behind it. It was so clever. I was in Lyon, France, a couple months ago when I was reading it. I was on the stretching table before matches reading it. It definitely got me."

Ewwww...nice story yes but call it literature? Never...sorry, I have my problems with Dan Brown, lol.

Somehow I have the feeling that none of my fave tennis players have any taste in pop-culture. Andy loves Dan Brown and "Wedding crashers" (duh), Justine H-H loves Celine Dion, Miss Myskina´s fave movie is "How to lose a guy in 10 days"...holy s***

surfpinky
12-12-2005, 07:17 PM
I love your av, eve :drool:

MissFairy
12-12-2005, 07:23 PM
SOMERHALDER!!!!!!

surfpinky
12-12-2005, 07:27 PM
good, sarah! good! d:

warmy
12-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Ewwww...nice story yes but call it literature? Never...sorry, I have my problems with Dan Brown, lol.

Somehow I have the feeling that none of my fave tennis players have any taste in pop-culture. Andy loves Dan Brown and "Wedding crashers" (duh), Justine H-H loves Celine Dion, Miss Myskina´s fave movie is "How to lose a guy in 10 days"...holy s***

I know, I mean hello! Don't these people know that Mean Girls and A Cinderella Story are like the best movies of all time!!! :o Pfft. I shutter to think what their libraries must look like, they probably don't even have the most resent issue of Bop. :sad:

MissFairy
12-12-2005, 08:30 PM
good, sarah! good! d:
:lol: I'll never forget. Scouts honour.

williaer
12-12-2005, 09:23 PM
"I'm not going to hold them for ransom." :lol:

wedding crashers was SOOOOOOOOOOOO funny. i absolutely loved that movie. but... (i'm going with Eve on this one) i am really not a dan brown fan. im sure they're good books but im not the type that can withstand some crappy beginnings. i need it to be awesome from the start.

deb, thanks for posting and a huge :hug: for the post you made in the charity thread about the Hershey event.

good luck on your exam, i know you'll ace it!! :)

Golfnduck
12-13-2005, 01:33 AM
I love Angels and Demons :yeah: I actually liked it more than the Da Vinci Code.

Deboogle!.
12-13-2005, 01:46 AM
I love Charlie Bricker. I'm positive I've never used :yeah: As much as in this one :lol:
--------------
Roddick plans more risk, seeks more rewards ahead

BY CHARLES BRICKER
South Florida Sun-Sentinel

BOCA RATON, Fla. - No more wimpy returns on second serve, Andy Roddick promised Monday. No more going into a defensive shell when the balls are not in his hands.:D:D

It's time, said the No. 1 player in the United States, for a complete and consistent change of attitude when he's not serving.:yeah:

"Constant aggression. That's going to be my mantra in 2006," Roddick said after completing the morning session on the first day of a USTA training camp at the Evert Tennis Academy.:yeah: :yeah:

"Yeah, absolutely :lol:," Roddick said without hesitation when he was asked if it wasn't time for him to get riskier with his service returns after a 2005 season in which he reached one Grand Slam semifinal (Australia), finished runner-up in another (Wimbledon), but fell on his face in the other two.:(

"My biggest problem is when I get passive. When I have a mindset of constant aggression, I get better," he insisted.:yeah:

His first-round loss at the U.S. Open to obscure Luxembourgian Gilles Muller is still on his mind. "I played way too passively. What bothers me most is not that I lost but that I didn't lose on my own terms.":sad:

For too much of this past season he did little more than block back first and second serves, allowing opponents to dictate the baseline rallies and diminish his edge as a power player.

He did a better job after the Open, winning 11 of 13 matches and taking the title at Lyon, France, with a win in the final over French prodigy Gael Monfils.

But Roddick now wants a full year of super-aggressiveness on service returns, and it's not hard to understand why he's ready to take more risks.

He led the ATP Tour this year by winning 93 percent of his service games. But he won only 22 percent of his return games, well back of tour leader Rafael Nadal, who won 39 percent of his.:o

"I'm not going to nurse those balls back if I get the second serve I want. You hit a big return and you're in the guy's head a little more," said Roddick.:D

The tactics aren't hard to understand. Roddick rarely will lose his serve, which puts pressure on his opponents to win theirs. And if they know Roddick is going to take a big cut at the second serve, it pressures them to hit a more conservative first serve.

"It's all mindset," said Roddick. "If you're trying to scrape by, you kind of play safer. I have to get over that." (YES YES YES NOW DO IT)

His coach, Dean Goldfine of Aventura, Fla., said he and Roddick will sit down soon to go over a whole list of goals for 2006, and getting more aggressive with service returns will be a major part of the conversation.:yeah:

He's not going to be able to start crashing every second serve. There are players, such as Roger Federer and Ivan Ljubicic, who have excellent second serves. He's not going to get a long look at those balls, and he may have to pick and choose his spots to blast back returns.

But against most players, he'll be playing chancier tennis, perhaps even taking balls early by playing inside the baseline, as Andre Agassi does.:eek: :yeah:

This new sense of aggressiveness is perhaps the most important thing Roddick has come to understand about his game. "I've got to play my personal style and the one thing I can do is hit the ball pretty big," he said. "But there are times when I didn't, and that's when I got into trouble." :(

Roddick did not have a bad year, winning 59 and losing 14 with five titles. But the first-round loss at the U.S. Open and the second-round loss at the French, when he was up two sets and a break on Jose Acasuso, were major setbacks.

Nevertheless, he finished at No. 3, down only one spot from 2004, and it's difficult to feel bad about dropping behind Roger Federer and No. 2 Rafael Nadal, who won a combined 23 titles.

"I know this. I'm a better player, a lot more solid in pretty much every area," said Roddick.:D

heya
12-13-2005, 01:49 AM
Andy

Priorities

Somehow, those words don't currently mesh together

Did Andy watch Mean Girls? The movie's about self-esteem & genuineness.

superpinkone37
12-13-2005, 01:58 AM
"Yeah, absolutely."
:hearts:

Deboogle!.
12-13-2005, 01:59 AM
:rolls:

Noelle
12-13-2005, 02:14 AM
But against most players, he'll be playing chancier tennis, perhaps even taking balls early by playing inside the baseline, as Andre Agassi does.OMG.

Did you guys feel that?

I think the earth just moved.

surfpinky
12-13-2005, 02:16 AM
danielle :spit:

surfpinky
12-13-2005, 02:17 AM
OMG.

Did you guys feel that?

yeah, that was probably andy's fat ass stepping inside the baseline. |:

snaillyyy
12-13-2005, 02:17 AM
WOW has he been reading our minds:eek::worship: and yea Noelle I felt a distinct shudder!

heya
12-13-2005, 02:18 AM
Roddick rarely will lose his serve, which puts pressure on his opponents to win theirs. And if they know Roddick is going to take a big cut at the second serve, it pressures them to hit a more conservative first serve.

()()))SCRAPES ASS ON GROUND WHILE
ROLLING WITH LAUGHTER

Andy's crappy reputation as a passive person who gives up a lot--
even when faced with MATCH Points---- won't make anyone fear him.....
Mr. Charles Bricker

Deboogle!.
12-13-2005, 02:18 AM
OMG.

Did you guys feel that?

I think the earth just moved.:haha: :haha:

NAT! OMG :spit:

Noelle
12-13-2005, 02:28 AM
:sad:

Deboogle!.
12-13-2005, 02:29 AM
:sad:??????????? :hug:

Golfnduck
12-13-2005, 02:30 AM
OMG.

Did you guys feel that?

LMFAO!!!! :haha: :sobbing:

superpinkone37
12-13-2005, 02:42 AM
I was looking for this a few minutes ago when I saw the infamous quote by our ever so brilliant tennis player with such extended vocabulary....:hearts:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v454/superpinkone37/yeah.jpg

heheh. It's THE sign. And yes, you may marvel at the artistic abilities of Amanda and I exibited in this sign. ;)

Deboogle!.
12-13-2005, 02:43 AM
LMFAO Danielle!!!!!!!!

surfpinky
12-13-2005, 02:49 AM
that the most beautiful piece of artwork I have ever seen :hearts: [:

Noelle
12-13-2005, 03:03 AM
??????????? :hug:
:sobbing: It's just sad that Andy only decided to do this now.

heya
12-13-2005, 03:06 AM
The earth is moving, but Andy has the bird flu and he's swimming in milkshake.

heya
12-13-2005, 03:17 AM
Fans:
Will your I.Q. be highter than your waist size?
Will you have a career in 2 years?

Andy Roddick: Yeah, absolutely

renee_chin
12-13-2005, 03:17 AM
- "My biggest problem is when I get passive. When I have a mindset of constant aggression, I get better," he insisted.
- "It's all mindset," said Roddick. "If you're trying to scrape by, you kind of play safer. I have to get over that."

Alright, he's realising/noticing/come to terms about it -- now, please get rid of the passiveness.

partygirl
12-13-2005, 03:55 AM
Roddick plans more risk, seeks more rewards ahead

BOCA RATON, Fla. - No more wimpy returns on second serve, Andy Roddick promised Monday. No more going into a defensive shell when the balls are not in his hands.:D:D

It's time, said the No. 1 player in the United States, for a complete and consistent change of attitude when he's not serving.:yeah:

"Constant aggression. That's going to be my mantra in 2006," Roddick said
you have no idea how freakin' excited this makes me (well, maybe you do :p )
this is just what andy needs to do, so let's follow through with it, huh.

let me just say passive & whimpy does'nt even begin to discribe some of these losses
"little bitch & big bitch " is more accurate if you ask me so lets not do that okay ;) being bitchy is one thing :) but being someones bitch...and acting like it- :sad: not good.

ooooooooo- im so excited for 2006 now :wavey: .

i just hope that he realizes a year of "constant" agression is going to take a lot out of him and he needs to be prepared for it...i know that he knows it wont be easy...but its like wimbly 04 final he was doing it for about a set & 1/2 but than after a break he couldnt sustain it...now trying to be like that all year- :eek: scary difficult,
but andy is the guy to do it, i know it! i feel it!! :angel: :worship: dont disappoint us...or even worse yourself, cause then you'll have to just quit. :)

Deboogle!.
12-13-2005, 03:59 AM
It's exciting and makes me optimistic that he was so open about saying these things.

It still remains to be seen whether he will get off his ass and have the confidence to get out there and DO it and execute. I've got my fingers crossed, that's for sure.

superpinkone37
12-13-2005, 04:19 AM
dammit, i was JUST about to post that. d:
hahahahah d: