Rafa's Attached - Hidden Girlfriend [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafa's Attached - Hidden Girlfriend

VingaRafel
11-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Okayy... here's for all of you gossip lovers :devil: ... he has a girlfriend. His uncle admited it. I just read in in VamosRafael.com

Toni Nadal: "Rafa's Attached"
11/10/05

Rafa is in Shanghai preparing for the Masters Cup, which begins on Sunday. The news of the draw, and of his new haircut, are now overshadowed by even bigger news on our Messageboard: Rafa has a girlfriend.

Speaking to the Chinese press, Rafa's coach, Uncle Toni, explained, "He always said he’s single, to the media, also kept me in the dark. However, there’s nothing I wouldn’t know about this kid. He always thought this is a well-kept secret, actually his girlfriend’s waiting for him back in Mallorca.”

Toni stressed Rafa has not changed since winning Roland Garros. "He's still dating the same girl. His girlfriend’s a fellow Mallorcan, I guess they met long ago," said Toni, and added, "But I guess a lot of girls will be terribly upset after knowing the truth.”
In Shanghai news, Rafa is in the Gold Group, which also includes Agassi, Nikolay Davydenko and Gaston Gaudio. The Red Group includes Roger Federer, Guillermo Coria, Ivan Ljubicic and David Nalbandian. Rafa is scheduled to play Gaudio on Monday evening. They are 2-3, with Rafa winning their last two matches on clay this year.

He has started practicing with his good friend Tomeu Salva. Uncle Toni and his agent, Carlos Costa, also are in Shanghai, and more friends and family will be joining them this weekend. We, too, will be on the scene reporting live. Look for Susan's Shanghai Travel blog, starting Friday. More. . .

uNIVERSE mAN
11-10-2005, 03:17 PM
We already knew that. Her name is Shanti.

VingaRafel
11-10-2005, 03:19 PM

Shanti.. :eek: :eek: And she is a girl from Mallorca ?? :eek: What happened to all original Spanish names like Maruja, Paquita and Encarni ???
Oh well... good "old" news I guess!! I didn't know.

its.like.that
11-10-2005, 03:19 PM

:D

silverwhite
11-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Uncle Toni :yeah:

sigmagirl91
11-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Not surprised at all.

ReturnWinner
11-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Her name is Carla Moya :p

LaTenista
11-10-2005, 04:11 PM
Shanti.. :eek: :eek: And she is a girl from Mallorca ?? :eek: What happened to all original Spanish names like Maruja, Paquita and Encarni ???

uNIVERSE mAN :rolleyes: That was the singer who was at Arthur Ashe Kid's Day.

PaulieM
11-10-2005, 04:14 PM
uNIVERSE mAN :rolleyes: That was the singer who was at Arthur Ashe Kid's Day.
i think you're thinking of ashanti. and wasn't it rhianna who performed at arthur ashe kid's day, not ashanti? :shrug:

Frederick16
11-10-2005, 04:14 PM
As long he not touch my GF i dont mind that he gets what he can get! haha. Good for him! :)

sweetiepiedoll
11-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Who cares whether Rafa has a girlfriend or not. Some folks need to mind their business, next thing you know there will be a new thread called "Roger & Mirka secretly weds." Get a life, folks.

Aleksa's Laydee
11-10-2005, 04:37 PM
:lol:

Scotso
11-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Who cares whether Rafa has a girlfriend or not. Some folks need to mind their business, next thing you know there will be a new thread called "Roger & Mirka secretly weds." Get a life, folks.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to know some about the personal lives of your favorite players.

BelgianWaffle
11-10-2005, 04:40 PM
I can tell you haven't been here long enough. :tape: I suggest you hang around atleast until the off season for even juicier threads. :p

Of course Nadal has a gf. :rolleyes: go nadal :devil:

RonE
11-10-2005, 05:20 PM
And for all you curious people here is a very recent photo of Nadal's girlfriend:

http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/news/images/050604_piggy.jpg

:tape: :tape: :tape:

Fumus
11-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Yo' Missy Piggy is fine! Don't hayte!!

Clara Bow
11-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Wow- Ron.

Really nice to start insulting a teenaged girl. I know you like to call Rafa Piggy and I don't really mind that at all since we have a zoo of ducks, weasels, penguins (okay that's my own name for Agassi) - that’s one thing. But to start slagging on and insulting a girl sight unseen? I think that is pretty darned mean and could be seen as being rather hateful.

But at least Miss Piggy is cool-anyone who can combine her great grooming with mad karate skillz has it going on.

Carito_90
11-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Mphm.

adee-gee
11-10-2005, 06:02 PM
And for all you curious people here is a very recent photo of Nadal's girlfriend:

I must say, I really, really wanted to have a go at you for that. But it was pretty damn funny :o

GonzoFan
11-10-2005, 06:03 PM

:lol: :lol:

shotgun
11-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Here's a pic of him and his gf.

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_4789_gallery.JPG

musefanatic
11-10-2005, 06:31 PM
lol guys, loving all the pics here! :)

Fee
11-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Here's a pic of him and his gf.

That's just scary, F.Lo almost looks like he has breasts...

DhammaTiger
11-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Good for Rafa, the Boy Wonder, I wish him and his girl friend happiness and contentment together, but above all to be left alone by the media.

hablovah19
11-10-2005, 07:47 PM
any pics ? :smoke:

delsa
11-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Good for Rafa, the Boy Wonder, I wish him and his girl friend happiness and contentment together, but above all to be left alone by the media.

any pics ? :smoke:

These two posts just don't go together.

I agree with the first one btw. ;)

maratski
11-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Good for him :)

Now someone hook me up with a guy and life will be perfect ;)

MissMoJo
11-10-2005, 08:36 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=75405
lol :scratch:

Fee
11-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Miss MoJo, you are my hero. I will build a shrine to worship you just for that post.

RogiFan88
11-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Good for him :)

Now someone hook me up with a guy and life will be perfect ;)

...how about that guy in the avatar? Who is he again? I've forgotten... ;)

shotgun
11-10-2005, 08:39 PM

:spit:

Lee
11-10-2005, 08:40 PM

:yeah: :lol:

RogiFan88
11-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Well, Rafa does like all those hot girls! ;)

maratski
11-10-2005, 08:41 PM
...how about that guy in the avatar? Who is he again? I've forgotten... ;)

I think I could settle for a foolish guy who can't take proper care of himself ;)

RogiFan88
11-10-2005, 08:42 PM
I think I could settle for a foolish guy who can't take proper care of himself ;)

...well then, Marat's your guy! You could perhaps give him a little trim as well... ;)

Chloe le Bopper
11-10-2005, 08:43 PM

:haha:

Wins!

maratski
11-10-2005, 08:43 PM
...well then, Marat's your guy! You could perhaps give him a little trim as well... ;)

He's spending his millions investing in scissors so I can't find any here :sad:

sweetiepiedoll
11-10-2005, 08:52 PM
I decided to post the subject there because I was amazed that no one mention it on the Tennis Talk Warehouse. But, I still think that some people are blowing his having a girlfriend out of proportion.

Scotso
11-10-2005, 09:55 PM

:haha:

Horatio Caine
11-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Oh come on guys! Don't be fooled - Moya has long hair and could pass as a woman from behind ;)

Billabong
11-11-2005, 03:36 AM
LOL at the FLo pic:lol:

Fee
11-11-2005, 05:13 AM

I decided to post the subject there because I was amazed that no one mention it on the Tennis Talk Warehouse. But, I still think that some people are blowing his having a girlfriend out of proportion.

Okay, so everyone here at MTF needs to 'mind their business' but the people at the TW boards need to talk about this subject?

Did someone give you funny brownies today?

(do you have any left to share with the rest of us?)

alfonsojose
11-11-2005, 05:50 AM
:scratch: If my uncle have to come to rescue me by saying i have a girlfriend .. :aplot: This is going to make things worse. Katie Holmes isn't available and Lindsay Lohan isn't a B actress right now so i think "Sabrina the witch" (don't remember the name :o ) will show up at Shangai as the girlfriend

Federerhingis
11-11-2005, 05:52 AM

:haha: @ Maruja. :haha: :lol:

MissMoJo
11-11-2005, 06:02 AM
Miss MoJo, you are my hero. I will build a shrine to worship you just for that post.
I'd like it decorated in wimby colors please :p

Whatever. Your contradictory posts speak for themselves

Bertuska
11-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Good for him. Rafa needs a girlfriend, there is too much tennis and too much playstation in his life :ras:

Nikki♥
11-11-2005, 09:05 AM
So Rafael's really getting some. :tape:

Fergie
11-11-2005, 10:31 AM
Good one :haha:

jzpyt06
11-11-2005, 12:17 PM
So Rafael's really getting some. :tape:

yea i guess he is i think :confused:

pikespeak
11-11-2005, 12:20 PM
I don't get it.

Why is Rafa keeping all this supposed secrecy about a damn girlfriend? What does she have--the Da Vinci Code?

I have yet to figure out when Nadal himself or his people thought the world cared if he managed a girlfriend.

I see this here in Hollywood a lot. C-list actors ducking in and out of bistros thinking they are going to end up in US Weekly or the paparazzi is going to snap a picture, when, in reality, no one gives a damn about them...

Pathetic.

enqvistfan
11-11-2005, 12:37 PM
All the teenage girls will be devasted :haha:

He has the right to have fun !! As someone said, no video games anymore !!!

jzpyt06
11-11-2005, 12:47 PM
I think lot of young girls wish it was them and there bubble gets burst when they find out his got someone by his side. I mean his famous off course girls some women will b gutted to know his no longer single.

Horatio Caine
11-11-2005, 01:20 PM
I don't get it.

Why is Rafa keeping all this supposed secrecy about a damn girlfriend? What does she have--the Da Vinci Code?

Why would he want to make everything about his life common knowledge? :shrug:

Besides, if she is "normal" and, by that I mean she isn't a celebrity or anything, then he could e doing the honourable thing in protecting her from the press etc. Nadal is a superstar and she would be dragged into the limelight with him.

pikespeak
11-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Why would he want to make everything about his life common knowledge? :shrug:

Besides, if she is "normal" and, by that I mean she isn't a celebrity or anything, then he could e doing the honourable thing in protecting her from the press etc. Nadal is a superstar and she would be dragged into the limelight with him.

I'm not saying he should make everything in his life common knowledge, for fuck's sake--but, I mean come on. The only thing she will have to endure is a couple of cameras pointed at her during his matches. Nadal is a tennis player, he's not Brad Pitt. I'm not saying he has to say her full name or drag her to all his exhibitions and promotions. Leave her ass at home, see if I care. :rolleyes: But pretending your single when your, "a superstar," does you no good now does it? The press now knows. Did it get him anywhere? What harm would it have done to say, "yeah, I date. I'm seeing someone now, what's it to ya?" We probably still wouldn't have known who she was, and that's great. But it was just a matter of time. All were waiting for now is one of those big mouths from Spain to snap a picture and it's game over--but that won't happen, you see, because as big of, "a superstar," he may be, he doesn't warrant such attention. Mary Kate Olsen doesn't either, but that's a different story for a different time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers, Jez.
:) :cool:

Clara Bow
11-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Did it get him anywhere? What harm would it have done to say, "yeah, I date. I'm seeing someone now, what's it to ya?" We probably still wouldn't have known who she was, and that's great. But it was just a matter of time. All were waiting for now is one of those big mouths from Spain to snap a picture and it's game over--but that won't happen, you see, because as big of, "a superstar," he may be, he doesn't warrant such attention.

He is actually a huge star in Spain. They always have snippets of him on TV going to and from the airport, and at the MC one channel even sent a TV crew to follow him 24-7 at the Master's Cup (Nadal doesn't seem to like it that much as they are following him to even his hotel room, etc.) So the girlfriend could have to endure more than just a couple of pictures taken of her at matches.

If you ever read his interviews, he does not seem to be big headed at all, and actually seems to be really down to earth. But he does like to keep his private life private. I don't think he was trying to "get anywhere" by not talking about his private life.) And when I was in college around Nadal's age I used to keep mum about a couple of my relationships to my parents. Not because I thought I was a superstar or was bigheaded. But just because I wanted to keep my relationship between me and my boyfriend without my folks pestering me with questions or my mom always telling me to "be safe!" :lol:

pikespeak
11-11-2005, 03:07 PM
He is actually a huge star in Spain. They always have snippets of him on TV going to and from the airport, and at the MC one channel even sent a TV crew to follow him 24-7 at the Master's Cup (Nadal doesn't seem to like it that much as they are following him to even his hotel room, etc.) So the girlfriend could have to endure more than just a couple of pictures taken of her at matches.

If you ever read his interviews, he does not seem to be big headed at all, and actually seems to be really down to earth. But he does like to keep his private life private. I don't think he was trying to "get anywhere" by not talking about his private life.) And when I was in college around Nadal's age I used to keep mum about a couple of my relationships to my parents. Not because I thought I was a superstar or was bigheaded. But just because I wanted to keep my relationship between me and my boyfriend without my folks pestering me with questions or my mom always telling me to "be safe!" :lol:

I see where your coming from. But I will say this--if he is as big of a star in Spain as you say, and I, for all aspects believe you, he would be quite stupid to think that he could keep this chick secret forever. Just because you, "like" to keep your private life, PRIVATE, doesn't mean it WILL be private--this is certain if your a, "superstar" in Spain--or anywhere else for that matter. But it wasn't the press who outed the girlfriend--apparently the Uncle did. So if this blows completely out of proportion, which I don't think it will--look at who were dealing with here, then Nadal knows who to blame.

Great Reply, Clara.

Ta Ra.

Horatio Caine
11-11-2005, 03:12 PM
The only thing she will have to endure is a couple of cameras pointed at her during his matches.

If I were the boyfriend of Hantuchova, I'm not sure I'd like even that ;)

Nadal is a tennis player, he's not Brad Pitt. I'm not saying he has to say her full name or drag her to all his exhibitions and promotions. Leave her ass at home, see if I care. :rolleyes:

:lol: :yeah: Someone a little jealous? :drool:

But pretending your single when your, "a superstar," does you no good now does it?

Did he expressly represent that he was single and didn't have a girlfriend? Unless he did that then he isn't guilty of anything, and I admire his ability to keep certain things well under wraps ;)

Horatio Caine
11-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Besides, Rafa is not exactly getting the thrill of a challenge on court, at least not on a clay court.

I guess maybe he gets a more thrilling challenge in his bedroom, and doesn't want to let on to anyone that maybe he has met his match :lol:

pikespeak
11-11-2005, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=jez]
:lol: :yeah: Someone a little jealous? :drool:
QUOTE]

:lol: :lol: NO! I'm just saying what memo did I miss that the press and myself cared whether Nadal had a girlfriend or not and that it warranted Nadal to skulk in, "grand secrecy" around Spain like he's out of a Tom Clancy novel? That's all. :lol: :lol:

I mean, if he doesn't want her in the limelight--that's is choice. Fine. :)

peteslamz
11-11-2005, 04:09 PM

Rafa's beloved Shanti finally revealed

http://www.girl.com.au/img/mowgli_shanti.jpg

cincy
11-11-2005, 04:27 PM
NO! I'm just saying what memo did I miss that the press and myself cared whether Nadal had a girlfriend or not and that it warranted Nadal to skulk in, "grand secrecy" around Spain like he's out of a Tom Clancy novel? That's all.

Well, he is a star in Spain and the people there probably care a lot about his personal life. :rolleyes: Perhaps this girl is very young and not use to the spotlight and he's just trying to protect her.

I'm just saying.

Galaxystorm
11-11-2005, 04:47 PM
I don't understand why people is attaching so much importance to this new when is clearly false and i would bet all my money on it :shrug:

Knowing Toni Nadal's personality he would never make this kind of comments about Rafa's private life and even less in China :retard:

And the rumor about his girlfriend is gonna arrive to China within some days , it's just ridiculous and :haha:

~EMiLiTA~
11-12-2005, 09:47 AM
I don't understand why people is attaching so much importance to this new when is clearly false and i would bet all my money on it :shrug:

Knowing Toni Nadal's personality he would never make this kind of comments about Rafa's private life and even less in China :retard:

And the rumor about his girlfriend is gonna arrive to China within some days , it's just ridiculous and :haha:

i agree with you...i also think it is :bs:

i cannot imagine toni saying stuff like this before a big tournament, knowing the stir it would cause.

the asian media is notorious for inventing gossip and blowing things out of proportion, especially when it comes to girlfriends.

i mean, i couldn't care less either way, whether it's true or not...but unless i get a more credible source/quote, i will continue to consider it false info.

maryam619
11-12-2005, 04:25 PM
:bigcry: i thought i was rafael nadal's girlfrend:bigcry:

JuchuPati
11-12-2005, 06:02 PM

jaaaaaaaaaaaaajajaja omg, you crack me up :haha: by the way, would u call your daughter...Encarni??? :rolleyes:

(con todos mis respetos a las Encarnis.... :o ) jeje

VingaRafel
11-12-2005, 07:13 PM
jaaaaaaaaaaaaajajaja omg, you crack me up :haha: by the way, would u call your daughter...Encarni??? :rolleyes:

No, I would not. But I would call her Crucificacion.. " la cruzi " :devil:

tennischick
11-12-2005, 08:01 PM

:lol: :lol: that's harsh. funny as hell but harsh.

LeCoach
11-13-2005, 01:28 PM
I don't know why some people seem so shocked that Rafael may have a girlfiend. I mean why would he NOT have a girlfriend. He's a young, super-star, grand slam winning tennis player with money, fame and girls at his fingertips. I would be shocked to hear he doesn't have a girlfriend. Even if it's not true this time, it will be true one day, he's a guy and guy's need girls!

Scotso
11-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Well, Rafael had his arm around a boy last night while watching Federer :shrug:

Clara Bow
11-13-2005, 01:48 PM
Well, Rafael had his arm around a boy last night while watching Federer

You are a stinker trying to start rumors, aren't ya. :p

He did not have his arm around Tomeu Salva (his childhood friend from Mallorca who is also a tennis player and is his sparring partner). He had his arm on the railing behind their chairs. That is not quite the same. ;) My husband does that as well when we are at baseball games, etc. and will put his arm on the railing if we are at the end of a section, regardless of who is sitting next to him (male or female)- he is just a loungey fellow. (He also does that on couches, etc.)

MariaV
11-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Good answer Clara! :yeah: Boo KBF! :p

pete25
11-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Hahaha Nive Pic RonE.
This pic reminds me of someone, ohhh it's Rafa :haha: :lol: :haha: :lol: :nerner:

name_change
11-13-2005, 03:03 PM
are you forgetting the name maria? :lol:

anyway, shanti sounds really indian!

JuchuPati
11-13-2005, 05:20 PM
No, I would not. But I would call her Crucificacion.. " la cruzi " :devil:

jaaaaaaaaaajaja okay, mine will be "la robus"...tiana, u know :p

MajorcanBoy89
11-13-2005, 06:25 PM

No No No, the majorcan tipical names are: Maria Antònia, Joana Maria, Maciana, Tomeua, Catalina, Carme, Francesca, ;)

Scotso
11-13-2005, 08:31 PM
You are a stinker trying to start rumors, aren't ya. :p

He did not have his arm around Tomeu Salva (his childhood friend from Mallorca who is also a tennis player and is his sparring partner). He had his arm on the railing behind their chairs. That is not quite the same. ;) My husband does that as well when we are at baseball games, etc. and will put his arm on the railing if we are at the end of a section, regardless of who is sitting next to him (male or female)- he is just a loungey fellow. (He also does that on couches, etc.)

Details, details :shrug: :p