TONI SAID RAFA IS ATTACHED!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

TONI SAID RAFA IS ATTACHED!!!

veyonce
11-10-2005, 07:53 AM
I'm posting this translated article which originated from Shanghai with a heavy heart... :sad:

This article is now posted on every Chinese websites I go to.. Is it credible?? This is now the hot topic on vr.com. It's not a surprise to me if Rafa's really attached.

Feeling :) and :sad: at the same time... Whoever this girl is, she is so lucky!! Definitely envied by all Rafa's fans!!!

Overall, this is a very comprehensive article.. *clap* *clap*

__________________________________________________ _____

Translation:-

UNCLE TONI TELLS NADAL’S STORY: HE'S A GOOD KID

Uncle Toni looked left and right, pointed at the 2 sofas at the non-public area before rushing over: “Let’s go over there.” Following blindly behind him was Nadal whom had just finished signing autographs for female fans, the hotel’s security personnel immediately rushed up to stop him; to inform him that the lift is at the other end. Uncle Toni turned back and looked lovingly at his nephew: “This boy is like that, where Toni goes, he will follow.”

It’s A Pity, He’s Attached

You need to pay more attention to hear Uncle Toni talking about Nadal. This old chap’s English is as bad as his nephew's. The Spaniards have this habit or maybe it’s like that all along, like to end their sentences with a “No?”. He was presently surprised after meeting a group of fans in the lobby; it was only until he came to Shanghai that he finally believes that his nephew has already became an idol.

“It’s a pity, he’s attached.” He made a face and smiled wickedly at the thought of young female fans’ reactions, “He always said he’s single, to the media, also kept me in the dark. However, there’s nothing I wouldn’t know about this kid, he always thought this is a well-kept secret, actually his girlfriend’s waiting for him back in Mallorca.” Uncle Toni calls Nadal by his full name; “Rafael”, “Rafael’s a honest boy since young, his friends around him are always those few familiar faces. He’s not the type who will treat himself as a celebrity after being famous; he still behaves the same as he was before he won the French Open. He has never changed, even his handphone’s number is still the same. Of course, he’s still dating the same girl. His girlfriend’s a fellow Mallorcan, I guessed they met long ago.” He laughed heartily and made a face, “I can’t control him in this, anyway, at least he didn’t bring home a city girl. But I guess a lot of girls will be terribly upset after knowing the truth.”

He’s Not A Spendthrift

Nadal has earned quite a lot after turning famous, he has already launched his own perfume, there’s even rumors from Spain that this teenage celebrity’s planning to buy a small island. Uncle Toni snorted contemptuously at the latter: “My nephew is not a spendthrift, only spendthrifts will do this type of silly things.”

Then where did Nadal spent his money on? This fatherly uncle winked: “You know, Rafael’s father is wealthy all along, he’s living with his parents in a big house which is free from mortgage. Besides, he has been well brought up since young; they have educated him to spend his money wisely. So, Rafael has never splurged on expensive branded things, he’s a good kid.”

Sometimes, he would invite a few friends to have a few drinks at pubs. Disco? “No, Rafael dislikes noisy places.” He’s a movie buff, even his poor English won’t hinder his love for Hollywood movies. He also watches Spanish movies, “He has watched a few of Pedro Almodovar’s movies and claimed he likes it very much. However, I’m a bit worried because his movies are pretty dark. Youngsters should be happy and lively.”

Clears His Mind by Fishing

Mallorca’s a quiet and peaceful small island, life there is very different from Madrid. Nadal whom was born and bred in Mallorca, has inherited the locals’ philosophy of having a peaceful and normal life. “Everyone knows him but nobody treats him like a celebrity. Unlike in Madrid, where Rafael can’t even go out on the streets, once they see him, everybody will start cheering and shouting his name.” Toni said, “But it’s different in Mallorca, he’s just a normal boy. He knows everyone on the island, too familiar. When he’s not training, he will go fishing or golfing alone.”

Nadal is actually a shy and introvert person. He likes to row himself to the river near his home and fish. “Over there, there’s a breed of very tiny fishes. Rafael always catches that particular breed and brings home a pail full of it.” His nephew doesn’t have the habit of sharing his troubles, Toni said, sometimes he would go fishing to clear his mind.

“Think about it, a year of traveling is nothing to an old man like me, but to Nadal, it’s a bit cruel, he’s still young. Sometimes I can feel that he’s moody, even though he doesn’t complain openly. Today in New York, tomorrow in Paris, it’s a short stay everywhere, with no friends by your side, it’s very tough on him. But he loves tennis and this is what he has to go through.”

For most of the year, Nadal and Uncle Toni have only each other to rely on. He’s the only shoulder this teenager can lean on. Even though Nadal always lets his uncle do all the decision-making, there are times when he has his stubborn streak. “Once he set his mind on anything, he will never turn back. Sometimes we would get into arguments but what can I do to this kid? I can’t beat him up, no, no, I’m not that type of person.”

“Uncle, This Is From Raul”

Nadal’s actually a fanatic too. His favourite footballers are Zidane and Raul from Real Madrid. “You know, when Raul gave him a football jersey last time, he was emotional for a long time after returning home. He said enthusiastically, “Uncle, uncle, can you believe it? This is from Raul.”” Before leaving for Shanghai, Raul personally came to send Nadal off again. After hearing that Raul will be sending him off, Nadal couldn’t sleep for the whole night.

Raul to Nadal is like an older brother he looks up to, even though he is now Spain’s national hero, there wasn’t any change in his idolization to Raul. He also has a best friend in Real Madrid and Spain’s national team; that person is Iker Casillas. Nadal and Casillas, who’s also around Nadal’s age, get along very well. “They are best friends, they will talk non-stop every time they get together.”

Although Nadal’s a football fanatic, however his skills at football games are terrible. Toni said he would always get thrashed by a deficit of 5 goals and above. “Moya thrashed him by 6-0 last time and when he finally scored a goal, he was so happy that it's as if he has won the World Cup. The worst thrashing he ever got was like 0-9.” Even though Nadal’s making improvements in his tennis skills, there wasn’t any improvements in his football skills.

Clara Bow
11-10-2005, 08:03 AM
Wow- if it's true I wonder why Toni didn't ask Rafa about the secret girlfriend before blabbing to the press. Nephew and uncle may have some very intersting conversations in the next couple of days. :lol:

It's neat that he's with a home-town girl. Funny that he tried to keep it secret from my family. I did that with a couple of my college boyfriends.

MariaV
11-10-2005, 09:07 AM
:lol: Hi Clara! :wavey:
All the screaming teenie girls will be devastated... I guess. :lol:

Carlita
11-10-2005, 09:43 AM
:hug: Rafael!! :lol: You go chico!! :yeah:

~EMiLiTA~
11-10-2005, 10:54 AM
oooh interesting...if he's being serious

ataptc
11-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Good luck to the couple if the news is true :) What a down-to-earth boy Rafa is :)

Saumon
11-10-2005, 08:14 PM
poor carlos :awww: :hug:

gogo_guga
11-10-2005, 08:39 PM
From what I've read Rafael is amazing at soccer, I think that he played for the National Junior team or something but in the end decided to play tennis. I think that what Uncle Toni really meant is that Rafael sucks at Playstation soccer. Even some other players have said that he is sucks at it!!

Sue Ellen
11-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Devastated : (

Carlita
11-10-2005, 09:06 PM
oh dear :haha:

Carlita
11-10-2005, 10:08 PM
poor carlos :awww: :hug:why poor carlos? He's in on this :aplot:

Éowyn
11-10-2005, 10:12 PM
so rafa having a girlfriend and being happy is a bad thing?:scratch: riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhhtttt must remember this there was me thinking good for him he's happy but apparently i am wrong :confused:

Carlita
11-10-2005, 10:15 PM
so rafa having a girlfriend and being happy is a bad thing?:scratch: riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhhtttt must remember this there was me thinking good for him he's happy but apparently i am wrong :confused:well yeah!! DUH !! Welcome to the real world dear... eh.... hang on....... :scratch:

Éowyn
11-10-2005, 10:19 PM
okay i must make note of this happy = bad, girlfriend = bad, happy with a girlfriend = v.bad! got it!

Carlita
11-10-2005, 10:20 PM
okay i must make note of this happy = bad, girlfriend = bad, happy with a girlfriend = v.bad! got it!:clap2: well finally! Promise me you will not forget this rule EVER again?:rolleyes:

Éowyn
11-10-2005, 10:26 PM
:clap2: well finally! Promise me you will not forget this rule EVER again?:rolleyes:

ooh wai i am menat to be upset no? does this mean i should be crying over robby, james, rafa, mario AND paulo now? damn it :banghead:

Carlita
11-10-2005, 10:30 PM
bravo JJ!! You seem to get it! I forgive you for being slow because you still a bit ill no? ;)

Éowyn
11-10-2005, 10:33 PM
yes bit ill. now wait let me think about this. i should hate all men with girlfriends and hate all the girlfriends no? does this mean i should hate anna for being with enrique? but i don't want to :sad:

Carlita
11-10-2005, 10:35 PM
yes bit ill. now wait let me think about this. i should hate all men with girlfriends and hate all the girlfriends no? does this mean i should hate anna for being with enrique? but i don't want to :sad:Sorry, but rules are rules....:p

Éowyn
11-10-2005, 10:40 PM
Sorry, but rules are rules....:p

but tis anna! i don't want to hate her! i hate enrique instead does that work?

so just to clarify

men = good
single men = v good
taken men = bad
happy men = good
happy men with girls = bad
girls who date men = evil
girls who don't date men but are attractive and will eventually date men = still evil??? :scratch:

correct? incorrect?

now what about when rafa is happy with carlos is that good or bad? and what about when the girl is me is that good or bad?

Carlita
11-10-2005, 10:42 PM

so just to clarify

men = good
single men = v good
taken men = bad
happy men = good
girls who don't date men but are attractive and will eventually date men = still evil??? :scratch:

correct? incorrect?

now what about when rafa is happy with carlos is that good or bad? and what about when the girl is me is that good or bad?:haha: oh my fucking nando! :lol: I'd say you're a bright student!! :p

You can only hate enrique if he's one of the happy men with girl :) me thinks....:scratch:

Let's all sleep on this....*getting confuzzled*:lol:

Éowyn
11-10-2005, 10:45 PM
:haha: oh my fucking nando! :lol: I'd say you're a bright student!! :p

You can only hate enrique if he's one of the happy men with girl :) me thinks....:scratch:

Let's all sleep on this....*getting confuzzled*:lol:

well he is happy sexy man + happy sexy girl but me likes happy girl so me should hate man? or me hate neither and just pretend it isn't happening. coz i don't like her like that just like coz she's cool and i don't want to hate her. no

and me no sleepy mummy text me silly messages about black eyed peas and wakes me up

MariaV
11-10-2005, 10:49 PM
:haha: Nighty night ladies! :zzz:

Carlita
11-10-2005, 11:09 PM
:haha: Nighty night ladies! :zzz::hug:night Maria!! I hope I won't dream about all this.....:scratch: too much info to take in at once :lol: :p

french-guru
11-11-2005, 12:21 AM
Hmmm! very interesting! :eek: man I am so curious. Rafa has a girlfriend that is a big surprise to me! I mean he is so busy and running around the world! unbelievable.

Jennay
11-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Rafa :yeah: Good luck to them.

veyonce
11-11-2005, 01:27 AM
Most fans are sceptical about the article but it is now all over the Chinese press but they are not focusing on him having a girlfriend issue... Not wonder whether the Spanish press will pick it up...

chocc0
11-11-2005, 06:53 AM
ahahahaha the girls at VR must be having at heart attack! Good luck to them
But i'd be pretty pissed if my uncle blabbed to the worlds media

Fi-Fi
11-11-2005, 08:22 AM
good for him if its true :yeah: he deserves to be happy :)

chocc0
11-11-2005, 08:41 AM
heres one for all of u who are upset :

Men are like toilets they are either engaged of full of Crap :p

hope that makes u feel better

Fi-Fi
11-11-2005, 10:00 AM
heres one for all of u who are upset :

Men are like toilets they are either engaged of full of Crap :p

hope that makes u feel better
:lol: but its so true :sad:

chocc0
11-11-2005, 10:28 AM

so just to clarify

men = good
single men = v good
taken men = bad
happy men = good

correct? incorrect?

now what about when rafa is happy with carlos is that good or bad? and what about when the girl is me is that good or bad?

LOL i love ur logic! :hug:

chocc0
11-11-2005, 10:29 AM
:lol: but its so true :sad:
i know thats why i haven't had a bf in four years
sad i know :sad:

Iza
11-11-2005, 11:46 AM
Casillas, who’s also around Nadal’s age, get along very well. “They are best friends, they will talk non-stop every time they get together.”

HELLO! Iker was born in 1981! he's 5 years older...not really his age, no?
and if it's true then :yeah: yay Rafa
and what's so bad in having a gf? he's not like he's married or so and even if he was, i still don't see the problem :scratch:

freesbee
11-11-2005, 02:25 PM

so just to clarify

men = good
single men = v good
taken men = bad
happy men = good

correct? incorrect?

:haha: :sobbing: :haha: gosh JJ I miss chatting with you :sad:

I'm happy for Rafa :) he deserves it :yeah:

maty
11-11-2005, 09:52 PM
men are like toilets they are either engaged of full of crap

:haha: true man so true :worship:

Mimi
11-12-2005, 02:57 AM
happy for little nadal :wavey:

but mad at his uncle, he is a mature man, i think he should not disclose his niece's secret :mad: , whats more, by saying this, the paparizzi gonna follows nadal and his gf more and leave him even less freedom, foolish old uncle :mad: :mad:

adelaide
11-12-2005, 03:42 AM
aaaahhh.. they say good men are either taken, gay, or dead. ;) ;)

If it's true, good for him :D Hope she's a nice girl. :) Now that we all know, bring her out! I do agree that it was a wee bit silly on Toni's part though.

Fi-Fi
11-12-2005, 04:37 AM
awww :hug:

parissima
11-12-2005, 02:11 PM
If that can make you feel better, i've never had a bf in my life
:rolleyes:

If what is said in the article about the gf is true, i think that's great ("that's sooo cuuuute" was my reaction when reading it :p i'm such a girly girl ^^). Even tho' that sucks that the uncle was the one to tell the press about it.
If it's not, well, that's always a good thing to know that he's single ^^

11-15-2005, 06:58 PM
If he has a g/f why was he just recently asked in that interview that was posted what his "dream girl" would be like? He answered the question, but didn't say anything about already having a g/f.

Carlita
11-15-2005, 07:47 PM
If he has a g/f why was he just recently asked in that interview that was posted what his "dream girl" would be like? He answer the question, but didn't say anything about already having a g/f.He might think that it's nobody's business but his own if he has a gf or not ;) And Rafa being the nice guy he is, was polite enough to answer the question:)

11-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Sorry what I meant was once it comes out that a player has a girlfriend the press knows that so they normally don't ask questions like what is your "dream girl" like? And, of course, Rafa is going to be polite and answer the question, but it must not be widely known that he has a g/f or that question would never have been asked.

sweetiepiedoll
11-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Uncle Toni should have kept his mouth shut because now there is too much speculating going around, but I guess this is good for tennis, no?

11-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Uncle Toni should have kept his mouth shut because now there is too much speculating going around, but I guess this is good for tennis, no?
Well that interviewer must not have heard anything about Rafa having a girlfriend because as I said if the interviewer would have known Rafa had a girlfriend the question about Rafa's "dream girl" would not have been asked. But Rafa is a good looking young man so when he has the time I'm sure he has no trouble finding a woman to go out with him. But who knows how serious any relationship would be at this time in his life and with his tennis career that keeps him very busy.

Carlita
11-17-2005, 05:30 PM
if the interviewer would have known Rafa had a girlfriend the question about Rafa's "dream girl" would not have been asked. unless he wanted to find out more about Rafa's girlfriend ;) So he would get an idea of what kind of girl she might be. Although someone's dreamgirl/man doesnt have to be the one you date.....

But Rafa is a good looking young man so when he has the time I'm sure he has no trouble finding a woman to go out with him. But who knows how serious any relationship would be at this time in his life and with his tennis career that keeps him very busy.I'm still not surprised Toni said this....and I think it's true....

It doesn't matter, as long as he's healthy and happy and keeps playing like he does he could have a harem for all I care ;) :lol:

casillas_girl
11-17-2005, 05:35 PM
I'm not surprised he has a girlfriend, I mean he's 20 years old next year!
People have needs, even Rafa has! :p
When I'm almost 20 and without a boyfriend, I would be really devastated! :o:o:o

casillas_girl
11-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Look, he's even thinking about children :p:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/casillas_girl/44698902-L.jpg

Carlita
11-17-2005, 05:59 PM
:haha:

chocc0
11-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Look, he's even thinking about children :p:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a210/casillas_girl/44698902-L.jpg
lol

maty
11-18-2005, 03:01 PM
hahaha yeah,maybe he wants one ;)

11-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Well whether he has a girlfriend or not as long as he is happy and playing good tennis it is fine with me ;) I also hope he can recover from his injury during the off season
and come back and have a great 2006 :worship:

MariaV
11-20-2005, 05:59 PM
Well whether he has a girlfriend or not as long as he is happy and playing good tennis it is fine with me ;) I also hope he can recover from his injury during the off season
and come back and have a great 2006 :worship:
Well said Mae!!!!! :worship: :yeah: :D

11-21-2005, 04:33 AM
Well said Mae!!!!! :worship: :yeah: :D
Thanks. I would love to see Rafa as the World's #1 ranked player in 2006 :)

casillas_girl
11-21-2005, 05:57 PM
Me too! :D
Actually, who doesn't! ;)

11-22-2005, 12:42 AM
Me too! :D
Actually, who doesn't! ;)
I don't believe Roger or his fans do :p

Carlita
11-22-2005, 10:46 AM
I don't believe Roger or his fans do :pWell as much as I love Roger... (but love Rafael more;)) I'd welcome a nice challenge for Roger! It's not such a bad thing if he is made to work again! :lol:

So VAMOS Rafa and everyone!!!! :woohoo:

MariaV
11-22-2005, 11:18 AM
LOL girls. :lol: And totally agree Sjoukje!! I also love Rafa more. ;)

11-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Well as much as I love Roger... (but love Rafael more;)) I'd welcome a nice challenge for Roger! It's not such a bad thing if he is made to work again! :lol:

So VAMOS Rafa and everyone!!!! :woohoo:
I guess Roger can stand to do some work :p

Carlita
11-22-2005, 10:31 PM
I guess Roger can stand to do some work :p Well yeah! hahahaha! I would hate for him to get bored! So if he's made to work again.....it will stay fun for him as well! And fun is what we want! Great matches between great players :)

11-23-2005, 04:36 AM
I agree and I hope both he and Roger are 100% healthy for 2006 :) I'm looking forward to some good Matches between them :cool:

casillas_girl
11-25-2005, 02:58 PM
Oh Yeah, I'm looking forward to that! ;)