Fernando is Shanghai Bound [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fernando is Shanghai Bound

NicoFan
11-09-2005, 05:54 PM
I hope he gets to play. That's a long way to go just to be in a photo.

From latercera.cl:

Fernando González change by surprise of opinion and this morning decided to travel bound for Shanghai, Chinese, to participate as acting second in the Masters Series Tournament, that is initiated Sunday next in the modern one Qi Zhong Stadium.

Despite that at first the main racquet of Chile indicated that only would travel as first reserves, today this decision ddio an unexpected upset that finished with the course trip confirmation al Asian country.

"Yes, is true, we go. Now we are doing the procedures in the Chinese consulate and we would be travelling tomorrow. The idea is not to lose us the ceremony and the official photo of next Saturday", maintained Fernando González father.

GonzoFan
11-09-2005, 06:35 PM
WOW! what a surprise! I was taking a nap :zzz: and then I woke up and read it in terra.cl that Gonzo was going to Shangai! I thought he was already in Las Vegas :lol:

I hope he has the chance to play and if not well it's a great experience anyways so I'm happy that Gonzo decided to go ;)

NicoFan
11-09-2005, 06:39 PM
WOW! what a surprise! I was taking a nap :zzz: and then I woke up and read it in terra.cl that Gonzo was going to Shangai! I thought he was already in Las Vegas :lol:

I hope he has the chance to play and if not well it's a great experience anyways so I'm happy that Gonzo decided to go ;)

Life's rough senorita GonzoFan taking a nap in the middle of the day! lol! I wish I could but I'm at work... :sad:

It is a good experience for him just being with the top guys, and Shanghai is supposed to be a great city so that will be new and different for him.

enqvistfan
11-09-2005, 06:46 PM
What a great news !! I was thinking of him today when I read that Roddick was out.
As everyone said, the experience will be interesting for him !! And the pic :lol:

GonzoFan
11-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Life's rough senorita GonzoFan taking a nap in the middle of the day! lol! I wish I could but I'm at work... :sad:

It is a good experience for him just being with the top guys, and Shanghai is supposed to be a great city so that will be new and different for him.

So sorry that you are at work :sad:
from now on when I take a nap I won't tell nothing about it here ;) :lol:

actually it's not the first time Gonzo goes to Shangai ... remember that he was there in 2002 as second alternate also ...
I hope he enjoys the city because next year he won't have time to do so because he will have to play :yeah:

RogiFan88
11-09-2005, 07:53 PM
What, Fena is going to Shanghai now? Ferrer isn't going? I better hurry up and cancel my Vegas plans then... or s I just postpone them?? ;)

DhammaTiger
11-09-2005, 09:05 PM
Great I am happy too. now two of my favourite players will be in shaghai as alternates, mariano and fernando.

Sparko1030
11-10-2005, 01:54 AM
Glad to hear he's going afterall although I understood why he didn't want to at first. Should be a fun trip for him. Have fun Fena!!!

NicoFan
11-11-2005, 01:03 AM
FYI - Fernando leaves tomorrow at 6:30 p.m. Chile time for Shanghai.

From latercera.cl:

To last moment, Fernando González (13º) changed the date of his flight bound for Shanghai, to participate as acting second in the Masters Series, for tomorrow Friday.

In the first instance, the main racquet of the country had reserves to travel to China today Thursday to the 14:45 hours, although this morning decided to modify its itinerary due to the direct thing of the new flight.

"We prefer to travel tomorrow because the flight is non-stop and thus we can arrive almost al same hourly as had been predicted al principle", explained to latercera Online Fernando González father.

Thus, Gonzalez will take the Friday tomorrow airplane to the 18:30 hours, although yet is not clear if will reach to arrive at the inaugural ceremony to appear in the official photo.

RogiFan88
11-11-2005, 01:36 AM
I hope Osito doesn't look too tired in the official photo... ;)

Fergie
11-11-2005, 02:03 AM
Mmm, I don't like this ... I preferred that Feña was remaining in home resting, he isn't going to play anyway :(

enqvistfan
11-11-2005, 08:00 AM
Do you know if Fernando doesn't play, if he's on spot, he'll earn some atp points ? Sorry, it's a stupid question, but as they earn some extra money, maybe they can earn some extra points ? I think it's only if he plays, but if someone could confirm. Thanx :)

And the good thing in Chile, is that we know Fernando's schedules, regarding the flights. It's funny. You can follow him. There's no secret. In another way, it must be a bit annoying for him, because he must be always harassed. In France, it's more confidential.

Fergie
11-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Do you know if Fernando doesn't play, if he's on spot, he'll earn some atp points ? Sorry, it's a stupid question, but as they earn some extra money, maybe they can earn some extra points ? I think it's only if he plays, but if someone could confirm. Thanx :)
No points, only money :rolleyes:

enqvistfan
11-11-2005, 11:11 AM
No points, only money :rolleyes:

Gracias Fergie :)

NicoFan
11-11-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm with Fergie...

The more I read about this and think about it, I'm totally against Fernando going. Not that he called me for my opinion...lol! But seriously, he was hurting in Paris, tired, now his vacation is postponed, all this travel, his training for the start of 2006 is going to be rushed, and that could lead to injury.

I just don't understand why he's going. I highly doubt he'll play....although at the rate players are dropping out, I could be very wrong.

I wish that he didn't go. I wish that he did what he did last year, rested, then worked hard for 2006. This reminds me of all the mistakes Nico made last offseason, and we all know what happened with that.

From latercera.cl:

Fernando González finished in an optimum way the year. Physically and mentally, as opposed to what last year occurred, when arrived "melted" to the last tournaments of the season. But clearly, of all forms the three weeks of holidays that had planned in its calendar were almost an obligation for a player that disputed 24 championships, won 48 matches and lost 22 during the 2005.

For that reason the idea to go al Masters of Shanghai as acting second never seduced of the Chilean every al, more still thinking that when did it the 2002 damaged its rest and finished passing him the account. Nevertheless, the history changed of radical form and today will embark bound for China dreaming of the option that a pair of players withdraw and can enter to the court to comply with its dream of playing in the tournament al which classify of direct form the eight better than the season.

The account will pass him?

Horacio de la Pena, of the player, says that not yet has clearly how the rests will be rescheduled and if the date of the start of the pre-season will be maintained, the last week of November. Who has the clearest movie in this aspect is its physical coach, Carlos Burges, who reduces importance al rest that will lose González by going to Shanghai.

"It ideal is that not to have played, but one must be realists and 10 percent of possibilities exists that play. Then it is neither coaching of brutal form for that tournament. It goes in another wave, different to which one faces a Grand Slam, for example. Then I do not believe that damage it", comments Burges. And it adds another data: "The aspect that more erodes a tennis player, stress al which the body is submitted. Today that stress does not exist for Fernando".

Though the programming varies with the transfer of the number one from Chile to China, all is solucionable according to the PF. "When it return al country they will be done him the physical measurements and if there is something that be not well, they will change the dates. In that sense Fernando is a head and if he is not well, will ask a week of holidays. The worse thing than can occur is that arrive not in hundred percent to Auckland, the first tournament of 2006. Nevertheless I can assure that Australian Open will arrive in great form", assured Burges.

Compensating

Al same González the theme does neither worry him so much. "I have not coached anything from Paris, when I lost in the first round, for which already I have rested. Neither there I will do a lot and if I play I will do it very calm. The unique thing a little rare is that I suspended holidays out of the country because did not want to take an airplane and now I have to travel 30 hours to Shanghai. ..", says the Chilean.

Of all forms, the national tennis player recognizes that "the time that was al Masters (2002, also as the substitute) I felt that he damaged me, but this is also a prize that itself is not given always. Besides that the next year one must play a little less and over there they go compensating the things".

GonzoFan
11-11-2005, 07:57 PM
At first I was really happy because Gonzo was going to Shangai but now I tought about it and I agree with Fergie and NicoFan ... but ... well ... that's his decision and all we can do is wish him good luck and hope he will be ok and without injuries for 2006!

Please take care teddy bear! :hug:

enqvistfan
11-11-2005, 08:30 PM
I think that Fernando and his circle are enough clever, they know what they are doing. They know better their jobs than us. No reason to panic about a possible injury. If he needs to come back to the practrice one week later, he'll do that, and maybe he'll decide to play less next season. He'll listen to his body, playing less doubles in 2006 will be good, even if I like him playing doubles :), he'll take some weeks ago between some tournaments. This year, he tooks strategic weeks off, so I think they'll do the same in 2006. And, with the money, he'll earn without playing, maybe, he'll skip some tournaments :lol:

Fergie
11-12-2005, 02:14 AM
I'm not worry about a injury but I know that Feña needs to take a good rest ... And I'm sure that Feña's dad is involve in this decision ;)

enqvistfan
11-12-2005, 07:33 AM
I'm not worry about a injury but I know that Feña needs to take a good rest ... And I'm sure that Feña's dad is involve in this decision ;)

When you read all the articles, Fernando's dad is always mentionned at the moment. So, I think he's really involved !!! We'll see ...

enqvistfan
11-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Apparently, Fernando didn't arrive on time for the photo ceremony :(
But, they only showed the 8.
The clothes are sober, black. Gonzo in black, would have been class :)

Fergie
11-12-2005, 10:32 AM
When you read all the articles, Fernando's dad is always mentionned at the moment. So, I think he's really involved !!! We'll see ...
We know that Feña's dad love the money :p

enqvistfan
11-12-2005, 11:22 AM
We know that Feña's dad love the money :p

When you decide to become a pro tennis player, it's not only for the glory. So, if he can earn some extra money without playing, it's good for him. Don't think he made the trip just to visit Shanghai and see his colleagues play :lol:
Well, i think these amounts are too much but that's life. If I'd have been tennis player, I'd do the same.

but, he said that with one victory, he could enter in the top 10, so maybe it's not only money !!

Fergie
11-12-2005, 11:30 AM
When you decide to become a pro tennis player, it's not only for the glory. So, if he can earn some extra money without playing, it's good for him. Don't think he made the trip just to visit Shanghai and see his colleagues play :lol:
Well, i think these amounts are too much but that's life. If I'd have been tennis player, I'd do the same.
Yeah but you can't think only about the money sacrificing the holidays and resting time, that's my point ... We know that Feña will not play then why do a big travel around the world for nothing?

I'm not with Feña this time

enqvistfan
11-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Yeah but you can't think only about the money sacrificing the holidays and resting time, that's my point ... We know that Feña will not play then why do a big travel around the world for nothing?

I'm not with Feña this time

I totally agree with you, and I'm not with Feña either !
We'll see later if he (and his father) were right or not.

competitiva5
11-12-2005, 12:07 PM
I think He will earn some money, go vacations in china with his father and look for some good luck. He said that he never have time to visit the cities and Its good to see how play the next players that he have to win.
3 thing to do and with good luck (good -good and good): play one game.

Good luck for Fernando!!!! :wavey:

enqvistfan
11-12-2005, 12:31 PM
and they'll be accommodated like princes in the Hilton Hotel !! He'll enjoy his stay I'm sure even if he doesn't play !! It will be different from Las Vegas but he'll appreciate. But, if he could play and win that match, would be great to be already in the top 10 at the beginning of the new season !!

RogiFan88
11-12-2005, 01:49 PM
It's really too bad the alternates were NOT part of the ceremony. Philippoussis was before and so was Haas in Sydney. Not a good move!

The alternates always get $50K for being there. ;)

enqvistfan
11-12-2005, 02:05 PM
It's really too bad the alternates were NOT part of the ceremony. Philippoussis was before and so was Haas in Sydney. Not a good move!

The alternates always get $50K for being there. ;)

They didn't wait our Fernando to take the pics, so sad !!!

RogiFan88
11-13-2005, 02:03 AM
Has our Osito arrived in Shanghai yet?

I hope he practises w Rogi!!

I wanted to see Fena in the black velvet jacket too!

competitiva5
11-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Puerta resigned!

http://www.tycsports.com.ar/

12-11-2005
Puerta renunció a ser suplente en el Masters

El tenista argentino dijo que "no tenía ganas, este tipo de cosas no me gustan mucho" y decidió no participar del torneo que comenzará mañana. Su reemplazante será el chileno Fernando González.

El argentino Mariano Puerta, pese a estar presente en Shanghai, finalmente desistió de ser suplente en el Torneo de Maestros, que se iniciará mañana con la participación de David Nalbandian, Guillermo Coria y Gastón Gaudio.

El tenista acusado de doping intentó quitarle importancia. "No tenía ganas, este tipo de cosas no me gustan mucho", dijo el número nueve del mundo y primer suplente en el torneo. La ATP atribuyó la decisión de excluir a Puerta a "falta de tiempo”.

El segundo suplente, el chileno Fernando González, recién llegará mañana a Shanghai. No obstante, Puerta se llevó la chaqueta negra estilo Sun Zhing Shan con la que sus colegas posaron para la foto oficial del certamen y que le fue obsequiada.

Did Feña know it? YES.
Puerta was very happy before fly to Shangai, then he didnt want to share to photo show... were be APT ??? (On december the APT will notify him what about of dooping case) Poor Puerta. IT smells bad.

YES. GOOD LUCK FOR FEÑA!! :bigclap:

Fergie
11-14-2005, 01:57 AM
Good news, now Feña only needs the chance to play a match :D

RogiFan88
11-14-2005, 02:01 AM
What, Puerta left Shanghai?? How strange... and I wanted Rogi to practise w him... OK, Rogi can practise w Fena now!!!

juanpablo18
11-14-2005, 02:05 AM
I think that Puerta resign, is because his problem with the doping and the atp...
I really hope that his case with the doping is not real.

GonzoFan
11-14-2005, 04:08 AM
Puerta resigned!

http://www.tycsports.com.ar/

12-11-2005
Puerta renunció a ser suplente en el Masters

El tenista argentino dijo que "no tenía ganas, este tipo de cosas no me gustan mucho" y decidió no participar del torneo que comenzará mañana. Su reemplazante será el chileno Fernando González.

El argentino Mariano Puerta, pese a estar presente en Shanghai, finalmente desistió de ser suplente en el Torneo de Maestros, que se iniciará mañana con la participación de David Nalbandian, Guillermo Coria y Gastón Gaudio.

El tenista acusado de doping intentó quitarle importancia. "No tenía ganas, este tipo de cosas no me gustan mucho", dijo el número nueve del mundo y primer suplente en el torneo. La ATP atribuyó la decisión de excluir a Puerta a "falta de tiempo”.

El segundo suplente, el chileno Fernando González, recién llegará mañana a Shanghai. No obstante, Puerta se llevó la chaqueta negra estilo Sun Zhing Shan con la que sus colegas posaron para la foto oficial del certamen y que le fue obsequiada.

Did Feña know it? YES.
Puerta was very happy before fly to Shangai, then he didnt want to share to photo show... were be APT ??? (On december the APT will notify him what about of dooping case) Poor Puerta. IT smells bad.

YES. GOOD LUCK FOR FEÑA!! :bigclap:

Are you sure this is true ??? ... I think that in this article they say why Puerta didn't want to be in the official ceremony and in the pics but I don't think Puerta resigned ... :eek:

this is really confusing :confused:

if is true it's great for Gonzo! now he has more chances to play! :bigclap:

GonzoFan
11-14-2005, 06:05 AM
What, Puerta left Shanghai?? How strange... and I wanted Rogi to practise w him... OK, Rogi can practise w Fena now!!!

Gonzo will practise with Nalby today

Fergie
11-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Nadal withdraws ... Then Feña will play? :p

competitiva5
11-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Its posible. Some things are strange. I ll wait, the news was from argentina's newspaper. SO I hope this is true. Luck luck and more luck for Fernando.

FelipeMIA89
11-14-2005, 11:35 AM
wohooo, but in cooperativa.cl and atptennis.com it says that nadal will be replaced by Mariano Puerta, but didint he withdraw from Shanghai. Well I really hope Gonzo gets to play NOW!!! VAMOS!! News are still uncertain

competitiva5
11-14-2005, 11:55 AM
YES. http://www.clarin.com/diario/2005/11/14/um/m-01089652.htm

Se bajó Nadal y Gaudio debutará ante Puerta.

:sad:

but I hope, you know.... luck luck

FelipeMIA89
11-14-2005, 11:58 AM
Didint he resign?? I was imagining Gonzo playing against Gaudio. The Revenge match. O well....

Fergie
11-14-2005, 12:01 PM
Agassi out too then Feña will play!!! :banana:

GonzoFan
11-14-2005, 12:06 PM
YES!!!! AGASSI IS OUT!!!! GONZO IN !!!! :woohoo:
OMG!!!! THIS IS SO GREAT!!!!!!!! GONZO WILL PLAY IN THE MASTERS!!!!!! :woohoo:

Fergie
11-14-2005, 12:15 PM
And Faña has an easy group ... I hope he can win both matchs! :)

GonzoFan
11-14-2005, 12:22 PM

Let's hope so! :D

FelipeMIA89
11-14-2005, 12:26 PM
wooooohooooooo!!!! This is so awesome!!! I can finally watch GONZO on live tv!!!!! VAMOS GONZO!!!

enqvistfan
11-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Ah, what a great news !! Hope it's true !!!

GonzoFan
11-14-2005, 12:38 PM
against who Gonzo has to play first ???

GonzoFan
11-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Ah, what a great news !! Hope it's true !!!

it is true! :yeah:

I still don't believe it!

NicoFan
11-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Great news for Fernando!!! WHOO HOO!!

But I have to say - this tournament has turned into a joke.

competitiva5
11-14-2005, 12:49 PM
uuu...Agassi is out!

enqvistfan
11-14-2005, 01:04 PM
wooooohooooooo!!!! This is so awesome!!! I can finally watch GONZO on live tv!!!!! VAMOS GONZO!!!

Great Felipe :yeah:
I'll have to tape the match cause in France, they'll show the match in the afternoon (not LIVE)

Fernando can do something in this group !!!

Eléa
11-14-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm happy for you (not for me maybe? :rolleyes: ) but tell me, Gonzo will play against Davdenko or not? i mean what will happen to the result ot the Agassi/Davydenko match?
I'm lost! But my GG won! :p :bigclap: :inlove:

Fergie
11-14-2005, 01:50 PM
For me Feña has chances to be is semis ... I heard that he only need win a match for be top-10, it's true???

Eléa
11-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Don't say that please! :mad: :p "I" am here!

enqvistfan
11-14-2005, 02:31 PM
For me Feña has chances to be is semis ... I heard that he only need win a match for be top-10, it's true???

I also read that, only one match and top 10 for him !!

RogiFan88
11-14-2005, 03:08 PM
YAY, FENA!!! I'll say what a crazy tournament...

I think Fena will play Puerta next cos the two winners play each other: Gaudio vs. Davydenko and the losers play each other: Puerta vs. [should have been AA but it will be] Fena.

VAMOS, FENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His hth vs. Puerta anyone know??

RogiFan88
11-14-2005, 03:11 PM
What is Fena's hth vs. GG and Davydorko??

Pattyta
11-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Bad for Andre, but so good for Feña
Feña v/s Puerta wednesday :)

I'm happy for Feña go to win to be top ten!!!

olimpo
11-14-2005, 04:11 PM
:woohoo:

What great news!!! I'm so happy for Fernando, but also sad for Agassi.

Best of luck Fernando against Puerta :kiss:

¡Vamos! you can do it!!! :bigclap:

GonzoFan
11-14-2005, 04:47 PM
:woohoo:

What great news!!! I'm so happy for Fernando, but also sad for Agassi.

Best of luck Fernando against Puerta :kiss:

¡Vamos! you can do it!!! :bigclap:

You're back! :wavey:

This was a great great new!!! :D
Let's hope he will win his two matches and finally be in the top ten !!!! :banana: we know he can do it!!! :yeah:

olimpo
11-14-2005, 05:03 PM
You're back! :wavey:

This was a great great new!!! :D
Let's hope he will win his two matches and finally be in the top ten !!!! :banana: we know he can do it!!! :yeah:

Hi GonzoFan :wavey: Yes I'm back since one week but have been so busy and therefore no time to post, but after this great news of today I just had to post something ;)

Actually I had thought that after Paris I would get more time for other things while Fernando is taking his well deserved vacation and now he plays the Masters Cup and will keep me busy for another week :lol:

And yes let's hope he'll win his matches and make it into the top ten - that would be so great and truly well deserved after all his bad luck with the draws this year.

GonzoFan
11-14-2005, 05:12 PM
I read an interview with Gonzo and one of the things he said is that at first he didn't want to go to Shangai as second alternate (we already know that) but then he thought about it better and decided to go and he said that he also decided to go in honor to his fans! :hug: :kiss:

he also said that it is an amazing surprise for him to be in the Masters but that he doesn't know if he'll be able to be at a 100% for his matches because he didn't do anything for 10 days and he has only practiced for one day but he will do it the best he can ;)

Horacio will take the plane to Shangai at 8:00 pm (Chile time)

GonzoFan
11-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Hi GonzoFan :wavey: Yes I'm back since one week but have been so busy and therefore no time to post, but after this great news of today I just had to post something ;)

Actually I had thought that after Paris I would get more time for other things while Fernando is taking his well deserved vacation and now he plays the Masters Cup and will keep me busy for another week :lol:

And yes let's hope he'll win his matches and make it into the top ten - that would be so great and truly well deserved after all his bad luck with the draws this year.

Same here! I thought I would have time for me and other things while Gonzo was in his vacations but now he'll keep us busy one more week! :lol:
I wish him the best! he deserves what is happening to him now and finish the year in the top ten :D that would be great! :D

enqvistfan
11-14-2005, 05:45 PM
I think that most of us wanted to take some "vacation", I mean, not being too focused on tennis, as it's the end of the season. But, we're going to stress another week :lol: :lol: I have to buy new tapes to record the matches. I hope he'll win his two matches, would be great for him to enter in the top 10 at the end of the year.

Feña :hug: thanks for thinking to your fans. We'll be with him during this week.

Pattyta
11-14-2005, 05:47 PM
I read that Interview too... He's so sweet, always surprise me He's a great man
I hope that he win
He deserves a good end of year...
We're with you BOMBARDERO

olimpo
11-14-2005, 06:00 PM
he said that he also decided to go in honor to his fans! :hug: :kiss:

Aww he's so sweet :inlove: and like Val said we'll be with him this week :hug:

And Val I wish I also needed to buy new tape for it, but it's not necessary as we get NADA on TV :sad: It's the first year we don't have any coverage of the Masters Cup and now that Fernando is playing :crying2:

NicoFan
11-14-2005, 06:38 PM

And Val I wish I also needed to buy new tape for it, but it's not necessary as we get NADA on TV :sad: It's the first year we don't have any coverage of the Masters Cup and now that Fernando is playing :crying2:

Don't you worry Olimpo - you know that if Fernando is on TV here, I'll get it for you! :hug: Or try at least...lol!

enqvistfan
11-14-2005, 06:40 PM
German players have to come back !!! and you'll have the Masters Cup back on tv !!!

In France, the matches are LIVE on a pay channel (I don't have it) but Sport + reshowed the matches in the afternoon. So, we'll see !!! Tomorrow, before going to work, have to buy some tapes !!!

olimpo
11-14-2005, 07:23 PM
Don't you worry Olimpo - you know that if Fernando is on TV here, I'll get it for you! :hug: Or try at least...lol!

Oh that's great! As always thank you soooo much NicoFan :hug: :hug:

German players have to come back !!! and you'll have the Masters Cup back on tv !!!

But when will that be :confused: I better don't count on that :lol:

RogiFan88
11-14-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey, guys, is this the official cheering thread now??

VAMOS, OSITO!!!

enqvistfan
11-14-2005, 09:01 PM
http://deporte.canal13.cl/

There's an interview by phone with Fernando, you have just to click on video, but I don't understand everything. Can someone sum up please !!! Gracias :hug:

kitzfan
11-14-2005, 09:02 PM
So, then I have to join to the cheering group, too. :wavey: What a great opportunity for Fernando! :) I am really happy for him. It turned out that it was a good decision going to Shanghai and with all his efforts he must have good results. He just deserves that.

Vamos Fernando, go for Top 10!!!!

Babbi
11-14-2005, 09:34 PM
hiii!!
i'm new here....my english is not very good :rolleyes: ..but i'll try to post....jejeje :)

competitiva5
11-14-2005, 10:49 PM
:clap2: FER FER :clap2: FER FER

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And now: Wait to Fernadito win.......... :crazy:

Horaciooooooo come quick..pleaseeeee...he needs you!!! soon as posible!!!!!

*Viva Chile*
11-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Welcome Babbi... good to have a new chilean fan here :wavey:

Go Feña!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud that you finally have part of the main draw of this Masters. I'm sure that Feña will give everything on the court this time. He has nothing to lose here and too much to win!!! :rocker2:

competitiva5
11-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Ups. Hi Babii. nice to meet you!
Im new too. This is a nice forum. aaaaahhhh. I dont speak english.... ( spanish either!...what language I speak!, jajaja)

DhammaTiger
11-14-2005, 11:02 PM
Vamos Fena, I hope he does better than he expects. Even though, I have 2 of my favs in the same group-Mariano and Gonzo, I shall wish both of them to have a great tournament.

*Viva Chile*
11-14-2005, 11:29 PM
:clap2: FER FER :clap2: FER FER

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And now: Wait to Fernadito win.......... :crazy:

Horaciooooooo come quick..pleaseeeee...he needs you!!! soon as posible!!!!!
Shame that Horacio will not have a good Honeymoon, but Feña needs him :angel:

RogiFan88
11-15-2005, 03:26 AM
Horacio -- honeymoon?? Did he get married??

VAMOS, FENA!!

Sparko1030
11-15-2005, 04:01 AM
hiii!!
i'm new here....my english is not very good :rolleyes: ..but i'll try to post....jejeje :)

Welcome Babbi! :wavey: you are just in time for Shanghai!!!

VAMOS FERNANDO!!!!

GonzoFan
11-15-2005, 04:29 AM
hiii!!

Hola Babbi !!!! :wavey: que bien que tengamos una nueva fan de Gonzo aca en el foro !!! :bigclap: BIENVENIDA !!!! :yeah:

que bonito avatar! ;)

Horacio -- honeymoon?? Did he get married??

VAMOS, FENA!!

Yep ... he got married on saturday ;) everybody in Chile is talking about this because it was a surprise! even Horacio's girlfriend didn't know she was going to get married that day! :eek:

you can read everything about it here :) http://www.lun.com/TiempoLibre/Magazine/detalle_noticia.asp?cuerpo=701&seccion=807&subseccion=901&idnoticia=C386688999978125

All I have to say is that Horacio is the second best man alive! :worship: he is so romantic!

RogiFan88
11-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Gracias y felicitaciones a Horacio y a Lorena!! Was Fena supposed to be at this boda??

GonzoFan
11-15-2005, 04:59 PM
Gonzo plays tomorrow the last match of the day

DOUBLES GOLD GROUP
not before 14:00 local time
Black/Ullyett vs Huss/Moodie

followed by

Bjorkman/Mirnyi vs Llodra/Santoro

SINGLES GOLD GROUP
not before 19:00 local time

Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) vs Gaston Gaudio (ARG)

followed by

Mariano Puerta (ARG) vs Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)

Good Luck Feña !!!!! we know you can do it !!!!! :bigclap:

VAMOS !!!!!!!!! :rocker2:

Sparko1030
11-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Good Luck :hatoff: and VAMOS!!!! Fena!!! :rocker: Just do your best!

RogiFan88
11-15-2005, 07:21 PM
VAMOS, OSITO!!!!!

GonzoFan
11-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Was Fena supposed to be at this boda??

I guess so ... :shrug:

enqvistfan
11-15-2005, 08:25 PM
http://sports.sina.com.cn/tennis/masters-cup/index.shtml

An interesting link for searching the pics for tomorrow. The only problem is that it's in Chinese, so we'll have to be lucky if we want to find any pics of Fernando :lol: :lol:

Buena suerte !!!

olimpo
11-15-2005, 08:37 PM
¡Vamos Fernando!

Take the chance, you can do it!!! :bigclap:

RogiFan88
11-15-2005, 09:12 PM
No Chinese Fena fans to help us out here??

enqvistfan
11-15-2005, 09:48 PM
http://deporte.canal13.cl/

There's an audio interview with Fernando, you have just to click on video, but I don't understand everything. Can someone sum up please !!! Gracias :hug:

No one can sum up what Fernando said ??? Por favor !!! Gracias :hug:

Fergie
11-16-2005, 01:41 AM
Vamos Feña!!! :bounce:

I only hope that he doesn't wear the same Coria's outfit! :lol:

*Viva Chile*
11-16-2005, 02:29 AM
Vamos Feña!!! :bounce:

Yeah, but It's probably that the shirt contains some of orange ;)

Fergie
11-16-2005, 02:30 AM
Yeah, but It's probably that the shirt contains some of orange ;)
Yeah, like Agassi I prefer :lol:

GonzoFan
11-16-2005, 02:32 AM

I hope so too ! :lol: that would be awful! I don't like Coria's outfit at all! it's so ugly! Let's hope Gonzo won't wear that ... :scared:

*Viva Chile*
11-16-2005, 02:40 AM
Maybe he will wear the model that Marat is wearing in this pic :angel:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=70134

RogiFan88
11-16-2005, 02:41 AM
Surely Fena has more class than that!! ;)

+alonso
11-16-2005, 02:47 AM
Please Feña win this one!
I want him to win soo bad!
I'm having a bad feeling about this.. Let's hope it's just me and my stupid thoughts.

GonzoFan
11-16-2005, 02:48 AM
Maybe he will wear the model that Marat is wearing in this pic :angel:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=70134

at least this outfit is much better than Coria's! :D

GonzoFan
11-16-2005, 02:53 AM
I'm having a bad feeling about this.. Let's hope it's just me and my stupid thoughts.

Oh no! please Alonso, don't say that! don't say that you have bad feelings! :crying2:
I'm so nervous! and now I am more nervous after reading about your thoughts! :sobbing:

Let's hope it's just you and that everything will go ok and Gonzo wins tomorrow :D ;)

*Viva Chile*
11-16-2005, 02:57 AM
Alonso!!!!!!!! :eek: :smash: :o

Nahhhhh.... I have the contrary feeling :yeah: I really expected that Feña could give us a surprise ;)

+alonso
11-16-2005, 02:59 AM
:o Sorry guys!
Was just a long day :lol:
VAMOS FEÑA!

Pd. Me voy a acostar.. estas notas de final de semestre me tienen loco..
:wavey: Cuidense y buenas noches

*Viva Chile*
11-16-2005, 03:00 AM
:o Sorry guys!
Was just a long day :lol:
VAMOS FEÑA!

Pd. Me voy a acostar.. estas notas de final de semestre me tienen loco..
:wavey: Cuidense y buenas noches
Yo tb estoy con problemas en una clínica... así que rezen por mi para que todo salga bien :angel:

+alonso
11-16-2005, 03:03 AM
Weno :lol:
:yeah:

Me saqué un 3.4 en Castellano y anduve como loco, pero ahora me repuse.. y la nota de eximición de examenes es un 6.0 :rolleyes: y tengo un 5.8 en Mate y un 5.6 en Castellano...:sobbing:

:wavey: Rezando pa'l Felipe :p

*Viva Chile*
11-16-2005, 03:08 AM
Weno :lol:
:yeah:

Me saqué un 3.4 en Castellano y anduve como loco, pero ahora me repuse.. y la nota de eximición de examenes es un 6.0 :rolleyes: y tengo un 5.8 en Mate y un 5.6 en Castellano...:sobbing:

:wavey: Rezando pa'l Felipe :p
:topic: mi problema no es de notas, sino de requisitos... todo por culpa de una paciente que tuve que "dar de baja" porque no iba nunca :mad: tengo un plazo que cumplir para este jueves y sólo logro cumplir la mitad... necesito de una sesión más para quedar bien, TAN SÓLO UNA!!!!!!! :sobbing: :topic:

GonzoFan
11-16-2005, 04:19 AM
Yo tb estoy con problemas en una clínica... así que rezen por mi para que todo salga bien :angel:

rezando por ti y ojala que todo te salga bien ;)

*Viva Chile*
11-16-2005, 04:24 AM
rezando por ti y ojala que todo te salga bien ;)
Muchas Gracias :hug:

RogiFan88
11-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Fena - Mariano 63 13 so far

VAMOS, FENA, you HAVE to win this! Gaston blew it by losing to Davydorko... I'm mad at him now. You have to save your group!!!

RogiFan88
11-16-2005, 01:23 PM
Fena, it's 45 in the 2nd set now break him!!!!! VAMOS!!!

RogiFan88
11-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Vamos, Fena! So far 63 46 30!!!

RogiFan88
11-16-2005, 01:50 PM
FENA WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

63 46 60!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Björki
11-16-2005, 01:51 PM
:woohoo: :yeah:

Babbi
11-16-2005, 01:54 PM
yessss
is the first chilean to win a game!!!!
i'm sot happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
i wan to talk with him rigth nowwwwww :angel:
;);)

NicoFan
11-16-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm sooo happy for FERNANDO!! WHOO HOOO!

Question - I'm confused. If he beats Gaston, does our sweetie get into the SFs?

Björki
11-16-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm sooo happy for FERNANDO!! WHOO HOOO!

Question - I'm confused. If he beats Gaston, does our sweetie get into the SFs?
yes that should be right.

Sparko1030
11-16-2005, 02:10 PM
:woohoo: YES FENA!!!!! :woohoo:

Way to go Fernando!!! I'm so happy for him!!!

NicoFan
11-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Okay...got the answer from latercera.cl - if Fernando beats Gaston, he will go to the SFs!!! VAMOS FERNANDO!

NicoFan
11-16-2005, 02:11 PM
yes that should be right.

Saw this after I saw the news on latercera...gracias Bjorki!

I'm sooo proud of our chico! :bounce:

GonzoFan
11-16-2005, 02:18 PM
:woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana:

I'm soooo happy !!!!!!!!!! as Babbi said our teddy bear is the first chilean to win a match at the Masters Cup !!!!! I'm so so so so so happy for teddy bear!!!!!!! he truly deserves this !!!!!!
I was so nervous watching the match! I bit all my nails! :lol:

now he only needs to beat Gaudio to be in the semis! it will be a very hard match but we know he can do it !!!!!

VAMOS GONZO !!!!!

Babbi
11-16-2005, 04:03 PM
http://www.terra.cl/megagalerias/mg8701161105/mg9877161105/12.jpg http://www.terra.cl/megagalerias/mg8701161105/mg9877161105/7.jpg
http://www.terra.cl/megagalerias/mg8701161105/mg9877161105/gonz3.jpg
http://www.terra.cl/megagalerias/mg8701161105/mg9877161105/5.jpg
http://www.terra.cl/megagalerias/mg8701161105/mg9877161105/6.jpg
http://www.terra.cl/megagalerias/mg8701161105/mg9877161105/gonz1.jpg

enqvistfan
11-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Congratulations Fernando :woohoo:
Good luck for the next match, you can do it :bounce:

Unfortunately, I had Gaudio's match, but my friend who has the other channel taped me the match :)

I followed it at work with the scoreboard, I was a bit nervous when Puerta came back at 1-1 !! Hopefully, he won easily the third set. I'm sure, he can go to the semis !!!

Vamos :bounce:

Thanks Babbi :yeah:

olimpo
11-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Well done, Fernando!!! :worship:

I'm just so happy for him :banana:

I so hope he can beat Gaudio and make it to the semis.

For once I'd be really happy if he gets to play Roger as this would mean he's in the semis. And from there I really don't know, everything can happen. Impossible is Nothing! :bounce:

¡Vamos Fernando! :bigclap:

DhammaTiger
11-16-2005, 10:26 PM
Congratulations to Fernando. I hope he makes it to the semis. I think he can win the masters cup. VAMOS FENA.

Fergie
11-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Well done Feña!!! :bounce:

Now please beats Gaston and if Ivan beats Nalbandian you will be in semis and in the top-10 :woohoo:

Pattyta
11-17-2005, 01:35 AM
Congratulations FEÑA, well play
I can't watch the match live because I was in my practice but I went to computer in an office and I saw the result of the first set... later I can see the final result... luckyly it was good and I was happy all day =)
at night I could watch the match

Come on Feña you can beat Gaudio
V A M O S B O M B A R D E R O !!!!!
A SEGUIR BOMBARDEANDO SHANGAI

GonzoFan
11-17-2005, 01:50 AM
interview with Gonzo

http://www.masters-cup.com/en/interviews/pdf/gonzalez1.pdf

NicoFan
11-17-2005, 02:39 AM
Congratulations to Fernando. I hope he makes it to the semis. I think he can win the masters cup. VAMOS FENA.

You know, I hope we're not jinxing him, but I feel the same way...that our Fernando can win this thing! How awesome would that be! :)

VAMOS FERNANDO! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sparko1030
11-17-2005, 03:12 AM
interview with Gonzo

Thanks for posting the link Gonzofan! Poor Fena-a 30 hour trip???? I knew it was long but not that long. Its paid off for him though! And that was kinda funny he was still sleeping when they called as he had been out late at a party.

Like everyone else I don't want top jinx him cause Gaston will be tough but I do think our Fernando has a great chance here! One match at a time though lol!

enqvistfan
11-17-2005, 08:24 AM
interview with Gonzo

I think it's the interview I have in my french newspaper this morning. I'll check it this evening when I'll be back at home

Björki
11-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Friday OOP
not before 19:00 local time

Fernando Gonzalez (CHI) vs Gaston Gaudio (ARG)
Mariano Puerta (ARG) vs Nikolay Davydenko (RUS)

VAMOS Fena

competitiva5
11-17-2005, 12:18 PM
Nalby destroyed Ljuvicic (poor Lju : to lose with Federer destroy him!)
All can to be ! The most important is the brain, so, Fernando can win with his brain, with mind concentration. Its probably that Gaudio try to do like Nalby.

FERNANDITO YOU CAN!!!! GO FOR THE GAME!!! THIS IS THE MOMENT, NOW.
YOU MUST TO WIN NOW!!

olimpo
11-17-2005, 08:44 PM
Best of luck, Fernando! :kiss: Make it to the semis.....you can do it!

¡Vamos! :bigclap:

enqvistfan
11-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Yes, Fernando you can do it !! You are better than Gaston in indoors !!! And, you flew 30 hours to come to Shanghai, so fulfil your dream !!! Vamos :bounce:

Fergie
11-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Vamos Feña, you can do it!!! :bounce:

GonzoFan
11-17-2005, 11:14 PM
GOOD LUCK GONZO !!!!!!!

make it to the semis !!!!! we know you can do it !!!!!

VAMOS !!!!!

RogiFan88
11-18-2005, 01:32 AM
VAMOS, OSITO, VAMOS!!!

CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA CHILE!

Nice to see Chilean fans for Fena in Shanghai!

Pattyta
11-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Come on Feña you can beat Gaudio
VAMOS A BOMBARDEAR SHANGAI

todos los chilenos de corazon apoyando
CHI CHI CHI LE LE LE VIVA EL OSITO DE CHILEEEEEEEEE

Sparko1030
11-18-2005, 03:27 AM
A big Good Luck to Fena tomorrow!!! :hatoff: Just play your best Fena!!!
VAMOS!!!

competitiva5
11-18-2005, 12:02 PM
INCREDIBLE!!!
wow
I DONT BELIVE it

UNA VERDADERA LUCHA ENTRE CONTRA SI MISMO.

GONZALEZ CONTRA GONZALEZ YYYY GAUDIO CONTRA GAUDIO!

competitiva5
11-18-2005, 12:22 PM
:sad: .... :sad: .... :sad: .....

I hope!..... :sad:

Babbi
11-18-2005, 12:22 PM
noooooooooooooo
he lost
i can't belive it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NicoFan
11-18-2005, 12:26 PM
My poor FER!

:bigcry: :bigcry:

I know that he's sad right now...very sad.

So we all have to send him a big cosmic HUG. :hug: :hug: :hug:

And Horacio too. :hug:

LOVE YA FER! :hug:

Fergie
11-18-2005, 12:27 PM
I am disappointed, Feña did it again! :ras:

Babbi
11-18-2005, 12:34 PM
he's dad was so "nervioso"
did you see him??
he was next to william capdeville.....fernando's best friend!
fer ask to him for the raquets.....and he went to find the raquets in the "camarin"
:D
sorry my english jajaa

Björki
11-18-2005, 12:37 PM
:(

competitiva5
11-18-2005, 12:44 PM
There was his last oportinity 2005. I really petrify!

December must be the month to work in his mind. He is excelent, but he need to complete this part. If he win his mind, I know, He is the new number 1, 2 or 3 best tenis player.

FERNANDO, is not the hour to cry, its the hour to work !

Pics :

NicoFan
11-18-2005, 12:52 PM
he's dad was so "nervioso"

I'm at work so won't get to see the match until I get home, but I've seen his dad in person at matches and he gets very nervous. He makes me nervous! lol! He even gets nervous at Fer's doubles matches. :)

One of my favorite memories was at the US Open 2004, and Fer and Nico were playing doubles and it was a close match. Fer's papa obviously couldn't watch but he was waiting for Fer and Nico when they came off the court. He was sooo happy and Fer came him a hug and kiss. And then Nico came out and also gave him a big hug and kiss. I was like awww...soooo sweet.

NicoFan
11-18-2005, 12:54 PM
FERNANDO, is not the hour to cry, its the hour to work !

Oh, no, Fer gets to cry...he did his best, and that's all we can ask.

I hope he takes a nice vacation...he deserves it...and then gets back to work.

Sparko1030
11-18-2005, 01:10 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

And I agree with Nicofan-let him be sad for a bit and get it out of his system-nothing will change the outcome or how close he was to grabbing it but in time he will see that he did very well. He can learn from this loss and perhaps work on becoming more mentally tough at crucial points. Going to Shanghai so late and winning his first match. Some players with much more preperation didn't win one match...Obviously the pressure got to him but he never gave up. Made mistakes certainly but he kept fighting. I am proud of Fena and I know next year will be an even better year for him. Fernando-I expect to see you in the Matsters again in 2006!!! YOU ARE A CHAMPION IN MY BOOK!!!!

Love ya Nando!!!! :inlove: You rock!!! :rocker:

Fergie
11-18-2005, 01:17 PM
He can learn from this loss and perhaps work on becoming more mentally tough at crucial points
Yeah but ... How many matchs Feña has to lose to learn? This isn't the 1º time that happens :sad:

Feña played a good match and he had to win in 2 sets, even if he fought back in the 3rd set lose the serve with a df isn't good.

RogiFan88
11-18-2005, 01:26 PM
I won't see this match for another 3 hours but I'm proud of our Osito who fought well and won a match under short notice [I blame AA] and battling to try and make the SF vs. a tough Gaston.

I wanted Fena to meet Rogi but now he can leave w his head held high and take a nice vacation and go home for Christmas and enjoy our cards and gifts!

We love you, OSITO!!!

I don't even want to see the CRAP in the scoring thread -- stupid trolls, probably the same ones who trashed Gaston vs. Davdydorko and the ones who trashed Rogi for wandering off vs. Guille and supported Guille vs. Rogi... they s all be trashed... not worth looking at.

Sparko1030
11-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Yeah but ... How many matchs Feña has to lose to learn? This isn't the 1º time that happens :sad:

Feña played a good match and he had to win in 2 sets, even if he fought back in the 3rd set lose the serve with a df isn't good.

I know...but I am an optimist lol! This is what gives me hope:

1. Fernando has changed his game somewhat this year and it has paid off for him. Perphaps he will see this and make a few more in 2006
2. Losing this match is gonna hurt like crazy I have to think and perhaps this pain will push him to work on his mental game-bacause that is the only reason he lost today IMO.

Fergie
11-18-2005, 01:34 PM
2. Losing this match is gonna hurt like crazy I have to think and perhaps this pain will push him to work on his mental game-bacause that is the only reason he lost today IMO.
I really hope that this match help him, Feña need it!

Now is time to take a good rest and work for the next season :)

Sparko1030
11-18-2005, 01:38 PM
I really hope that this match help him, Feña need it!

Now is time to take a good rest and work for the next season :)

:yeah: I agree-and no one deserves a rest more than Fena right now!

olimpo
11-18-2005, 01:41 PM

And I agree with Nicofan-let him be sad for a bit and get it out of his system-nothing will change the outcome or how close he was to grabbing it but in time he will see that he did very well. He can learn from this loss and perhaps work on becoming more mentally tough at crucial points. Going to Shanghai so late and winning his first match. Some players with much more preperation didn't win one match...Obviously the pressure got to him but he never gave up. Made mistakes certainly but he kept fighting. I am proud of Fena and I know next year will be an even better year for him. Fernando-I expect to see you in the Matsters again in 2006!!! YOU ARE A CHAMPION IN MY BOOK!!!!

Love ya Nando!!!! :inlove: You rock!!! :rocker:

Great post Sparko! :worship: Nothing more to add for me except that I totally agree. So proud of our Fernando and am sending him lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: to Shanghai.

NicoFan
11-18-2005, 01:54 PM
I don't even want to see the CRAP in the scoring thread -- stupid trolls, probably the same ones who trashed Gaston vs. Davdydorko and the ones who trashed Rogi for wandering off vs. Guille and supported Guille vs. Rogi... they s all be trashed... not worth looking at.

I tried to defend Fernando on GM but of course I'll be bashed for it... :rolleyes:

Seems like all the people on GM want to do is bash people...I don't think they really like tennis at all. They don't seem to know much about the game...or the players they are bashing! lol! ;)

competitiva5
11-18-2005, 02:16 PM
I love Feña, he play like anyone. Next year. Feña was very nervous hi lose his concentration. Im not expert, but I think the best player have this:
1.Ability and stily (Feña have the best)
2. Physical (He improved and Its very good)
3. Mind - the ability to own motivation and concentration (He need. to win, when all is bad - like Nadal, like Federer).

Well, only one more step to be the best.
The 2006, is the year! Im sure that he win this step.

SI!! ANIMO!! ES SOLO UN PASO MAS!!!

SI! MI FAVORITO!

enqvistfan
11-18-2005, 05:31 PM
I arrived from my work and watched the end of the match on tv (yes, we got the match and not the other one). What a match (even if I only saw the last set) !! I'm sad for him but we can be proud of him. He was far to be ridiculous in this Masters Cup, he arrived later than the other players, he didn't practrice before coming to Shanghai. Well, I'm very proud of him. I wish him a good rest and 2006 will be his season !!! Tonight, i'm going to watch the match from the beginning

DhammaTiger
11-18-2005, 09:54 PM
I tried to defend Fernando on GM but of course I'll be bashed for it... :rolleyes:

Seems like all the people on GM want to do is bash people...I don't think they really like tennis at all. They don't seem to know much about the game...or the players they are bashing! lol! ;)
Well said, NicoFan. I watched Fena's match today, he played very well, but unfortunately, he had lapse of concentration, which happens to everyone. I am depressed and sad for him, but I am sure he will learn and go forward. All credit to him for coming from vacation and flying 30+ hours to play. On the subject of the posters on G.M. They get on my nerves too, and sometimes I lose my cool and reply to their silly posts. However, I agree with you that some of them just bash players for the sake of I don't know what, and the sad thing for them, is that they don't even know the game at all, as you rightly pointed out. If they had even played tennis even once they won't post the absolute rubbish they do.

NicoFan
11-19-2005, 12:36 AM
Well said, NicoFan. I watched Fena's match today, he played very well, but unfortunately, he had lapse of concentration, which happens to everyone. I am depressed and sad for him, but I am sure he will learn and go forward. All credit to him for coming from vacation and flying 30+ hours to play. On the subject of the posters on G.M. They get on my nerves too, and sometimes I lose my cool and reply to their silly posts. However, I agree with you that some of them just bash players for the sake of I don't know what, and the sad thing for them, is that they don't even know the game at all, as you rightly pointed out. If they had even played tennis even once they won't post the absolute rubbish they do.

Totally agree.

And have to wonder if they've ever been a tournament. When you're there live you see what the guys have to go through and how difficult it is for them. And how young they are, how much pressure they are under, and what an insular world tennis is...which is why they do some of the things they do.

I'm taking a sports writing class, and one of our guest speakers who has written sports for years as a beat writer and as a columnist for major newspapers was saying how difficult it was to interview athletes because they've been raised in a bubble for most of their lives...some of them from the time they are 12 years old...he said it was especially true of tennis players...lol!

chewy
11-19-2005, 01:32 AM
alot of good points raised in this thread n esp d last few posters, i always thought d best way to defend any player or d sport is ignoring those poster who doesnt hav gd intention. its not easy sometimes u just want to point out how riduculus their message is. but now i just let them b until their head is clear.

anyway, great efford from gonzales. i liked both players n they made d match alot of fun to watch.

GonzoFan
11-19-2005, 01:47 AM
Hi!

I didn't have time to post before because I watched the match and then I had to go out ... :mad:

I'm obviously very very sad ... :sobbing: but at the same time I'm so so so so so proud for our teddy bear! he is a real fighter! he didn't gave up! sadly one has to win and other has to lose and this time Feña was the one who lost :tears:
Now we must keep all the happiness that Gonzo gave us through this whole year! ;) he made us celebrate in front of the computer or the tv 52 times!(don' forget the exhibition "The Boodles Challenge" lol! I also celebrated those wins :D ) and we also celebrated three titles! :worship: he made us so happy this year! :D
He today closed the best year of his career and he did it at the MASTERS! that's amazing! and now he will be 11 in the Entry Ranking :worship: (because of Nalby's win even if Gonzo would have won today he could have not make it to the top ten) I'm really proud for him, he put a stop in his vacations and had to flight for more than 30 hours just to see if he could have the chance to play
I will steal this phrase from Sparko's post "GONZO YOU ARE A CHAMPION!!!!"
always remember that!!!!!
I'm sure Feña will improve much more next year and he will give us a lot more triumphs and happy moments!!!!! :bigclap: :smooch:

Gonzo - I love you and admire you so much! for me you are the best! Thank you so much for this great year! Thank you so much for all of those great moments you lived and made us lived! Thank you so much for saying that you decided to go to Shangai in honor to your fans! :smooch:

Now take some rest Teddy Bear you totally deserve it and have some fun (but not too much :lol: ) and See you in 2006 :hug: :hug: :hug: :kiss: :wavey:

Pattyta
11-19-2005, 01:50 AM
Sad for today Match
But always I'll be proud of Feña, it was not physically prepared for the Masters, to last minute he decided to go, the only thing that I can do is praise him for his excellent year thank you so much FERNANDO for this great year for us LOS FEÑATICOS

SE VIENE EL PROXIMO AÑO VAMOS BOMBARDERO

GonzoFan
11-19-2005, 02:07 AM

I didn't even bother in reading all the posts in GM ... I can imagine what some people are saying but I really don't care ... but I'd love to see some of them fighting for a spot in the semis of a Masters Cup :p :rolleyes: :lol:

For me the most important thing is that all of us, the true fans of Gonzo stay together and support him in every moment :D

competitiva5
11-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Federer 6 6
Gaudio 0 0

UFF.
FEÑA CAN DO MORE. IM SURE.
I WILL WAIT THE MASTER 2006 TO SEE FEÑA WIN.
YES!!!!! FEÑA CAN DO IT!!! YES!!
FERNANDO IS THE BEST, THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DO. I FEEL THIS!
I LOVE HOW FEÑA PLAYS.

RogiFan88
11-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Me too. I hope Feña qualifies for TMC 2006!! :)

Fergie
11-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Federer 6 6
Gaudio 0 0

UFF.
I was thinking the same ... Now Feña's defeat hurt me more :crying2:

RogiFan88
11-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Fergie, don't cry... I'm a bit shocked at the score too! Wonder what Fena must be thinking...

NicoFan
11-19-2005, 03:04 PM
I don't think that Gaston's match today reflects at all on Fer's defeat yesterday.

Sometimes guys are really up one day and play awesome, and the next day they play like shit. Also confidence level. Gaston doesn't have much confidence in himself at times and thats reflected in his play.

This stuff happens.

Though I'm sure Fernando is asking himself why Gaston didn't play like this yesterday...lol!

enqvistfan
11-19-2005, 03:45 PM
It was sure that the winner of yesterday would have some problems against Federer today. Yesterday's match was tough, and with no day off, it would have been tough for both of them to win against Roger.

GonzoFan
11-19-2005, 06:12 PM
I was thinking the same ... Now Feña's defeat hurt me more :crying2:

Same here ... :sobbing:

When I woke up and my grandma told the score of Federe'rs match I couldn't believe it! :eek: and Gonzo came immediately to my mind ... :tears:

enqvistfan
11-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Gonzo must regret his match points of yesterday !!
Now, it's done ! He fought till the end that's the most important.

Sparko1030
11-19-2005, 06:50 PM
Holy smoke!!! What happened to poor Gaston???? And poor Fena thinking what might have been. Nothing against Gaston but his win yesterday was more because Fena didn't come through with his match points than Gaston playing so well IMO. I watched the match again last night (well, up to 5-3 in the 2nd-didn't have the stomach for the rest lol!). Fena looked so good-so confident and was hitting such great shots. But is wasn't to be. Hope David gives us a better match against Roger tommorrow. *(sigh)* I know Fena would have had Roger sweating at least today....

enqvistfan
11-19-2005, 06:53 PM
It's sad that we can't replay the match :lol:
I don't know if you know the tv serie "True Calling" when the day re-starts, would have been great for Fernando yesterday :)

*Viva Chile*
11-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Federer 6 6
Gaudio 0 0

UFF.
I WILL WAIT THE MASTER 2006 TO SEE FEÑA WIN.
YES!!!!! FEÑA CAN DO IT!!! YES!!
FERNANDO IS THE BEST, THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DO. I FEEL THIS!
I LOVE HOW FEÑA PLAYS.
It just because I feel so bad (and mad :mad: :fiery: )yesterday coz Gaudio won that match... Feña really deserved to win. I expected since yesterday that today's result were like that :o

I'm sorry for my critics to Gonzo yesterday (in GM) but I felt bad and mad for what happened. I made a mistake and I hope will not repeat again an action like I do before. I'm a Feña fan and I have always to support him, not bashing.

:hug:

Sparko1030
11-19-2005, 09:29 PM
It just because I feel so bad (and mad :mad: :fiery: )yesterday coz Gaudio won that match... Feña really deserved to win. I expected since yesterday that today's result were like that :o

I'm sorry for my critics to Gonzo yesterday (in GM) but I felt bad and mad for what happened. I made a mistake and I hope will not repeat again an action like I do before. I'm a Feña fan and I have always to support him, not bashing.

Hey, no worries Viva. I know I felt bad too-I almost started crying (and I'm a pretty tough cookie :) ) because it had looked so like he was going to win in the 2nd not only goes to a 3rd set but poor Fena looses. I may have if I hadn't had to get the kids off to school lol! No, a loss like that is hard for the player and fans to take. I think a little anger is a noraml reaction at time like that. :hug:

enqvistfan
11-19-2005, 09:54 PM

It's only tennis Viva Chile :)

NicoFan
11-19-2005, 10:05 PM
It's only tennis Viva Chile :)

Lol! Something I know that I definitely need to remember now and again. ;)

BTW about the grounds pass Val at the US Open - I can't believe they told you that you couldn't buy a grounds pass. That's what the vast majority of tickets are. And there's been complaints about how many grounds passes they sell because the grounds are too crowded. And when the matches at AA for the day end early, its worst because they close down AA until the night matches start. Usually you can go right up that day and get grounds passes. Hopefully next year, they'll tell you correctly.

Fergie
11-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Nothing against Gaston but his win yesterday was more because Fena didn't come through with his match points than Gaston playing so well IMO.
Feña won and lost the match :sad:

enqvistfan
11-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Lol! Something I know that I definitely need to remember now and again. ;)

Yes, sometimes, we have to think that it's only tennis. No need to get mad when our fave player lost a match. I have also a tendancy to be much into tennis. I'm more stressy when I attend to a tournament than when I go to work, seriously, because I don't know if I'll see my players. When I'm in a tournament for a short period, I always have a timing of everything :lol: I try to not take everything seriously, even if it's difficult sometimes and I try to relativize. It's like when people said bad things on GM, just stay cool and don't reply. For me, tennis is a way to escape, to meet other people so if i have to stress when one of my players loses a match, or when someone is telling stupid things...

BTW about the grounds pass Val at the US Open - I can't believe they told you that you couldn't buy a grounds pass. That's what the vast majority of tickets are. And there's been complaints about how many grounds passes they sell because the grounds are too crowded. And when the matches at AA for the day end early, its worst because they close down AA until the night matches start. Usually you can go right up that day and get grounds passes. Hopefully next year, they'll tell you correctly.

I remember at the entrance, they were only tickets for one of the main court + ground passes, but not ground passes only, unfortunately. That's one of the reason why we didn't go there everyday, because paying about $ 54 everyday :( :( If I come next year, I hope to meet you and you'll help me to buy grounds :) You know when you come for the first time to a big tournament abroad, you don't know everything. Even in Roland-Garros, I learn things each year :lol: If some fans come to Roland-Garros in 2006, you are welcome, I'll be happy to show you around !! :hug:

Now, time to think of 2006 !!
Nicofan : I'll post something tomorrow :) now I go to sleep :zzz:

competitiva5
11-19-2005, 10:48 PM
I dont know what happen, but I really live tennis. I born and died in each match.
I Cry, shout, feel sad, feel happy. And more, because now Im in my holidays.

Yap, usually tennis helps me with my stress, but yesterday, I was so nervous and then I was really sad.

Yes, I m a tennis fan.