Best Excuses if Gaudio wins a match or a set in Shanghai [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Best Excuses if Gaudio wins a match or a set in Shanghai

Action Jackson
11-09-2005, 04:09 PM
The reasons I seperated Gaudio and Coria are while there are similarities in their respective situations, there are differences as well.

- Coria has won a match at a TMC and is a better multi-surface player than Gaudio and qualified without having being an alternate, so already Gaudio is a funny joke in this event, in addition to his outstanding performances in the event last year.

It will be interesting to hear the excuses if he wins a set let alone a match in Shanghai.

Gold Group:
Rafael Nadal
Andre Agassi
Nikolay Davydenko
Gaston Gaudio

Nadal : He has played too much, he got food poisoning from the food and he still has knee problems.

Agassi: He got more appearance money than the others, doing too many media committments and was only using this event as a training run for the Aus Open.

Davydenko: The Russian mafia told him he'd be better off financially if he lost rather than winning.

Then there is he doesn't deserve to be there and only got in because of injuries and also the only thing he knows about carpet, is that it's something that is walked on and that is vacuumed now and then.

uNIVERSE mAN
11-09-2005, 04:24 PM
With Safin, Roddick and Hewitt out and Coria (2-5 in last 7) and Gaudio present and Davydenko with his crappy form of late (5-5 in his last 10 matches, with a 6-1 6-1 beatdown included), this TMC is our worst nightmare.

Gaudio is an embarassment to the atp, fucking tanker. Bad rep me all you want, this arsehole tanks matches and has zero fight in him.

revolution
11-09-2005, 04:29 PM
The excuse if he wins a set or match?

He tried.

NYCtennisfan
11-09-2005, 04:31 PM

He tried.

:). I can see him beating Davy right now.

mangoes
11-09-2005, 04:33 PM

Agree

uNIVERSE mAN
11-09-2005, 04:35 PM

I also agree. Davydenko, aka human stick insect is beatable by anyone at any time.

Truc
11-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Davydenko: The Russian mafia told him he'd be better off financially if he lost rather than winning.
Davydenko is injured (that's what he said in Paris).
I also think that Gaudio has a good chance against him.

BlackSilver
11-09-2005, 04:48 PM

Ahahahaha.........

Lee
11-09-2005, 05:02 PM
Agassi: He always tanks his matches in Shanghai ;) I think his career record in Shanghai is 0-3

alfonsojose
11-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Steffi is pregnant again

haas'luv
11-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Agassi: He always tanks his matches in Shanghai ;) I think his career record in Shanghai is 0-3
ur rite,m8 ;)

Horatio Caine
11-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Best excuse?

"I put in 20 minutes preparation for his match in the expectation he wouldn't turn up."

nermo
11-09-2005, 07:59 PM
i' m not a fan of the guy. but honestly i don't think, he's that hopeless..(he's got abilities and talent, biggest minus is his inconsistent spirits).
don't know, but i think, he's even got a better chance than Coria..who's probably and unfortunately living his worst tennis levels..not to mention his current problem with serve.
returning to Gaudio..imho, winning against Davydenko, won't need much of excuses.
excuses, 'll arise for further winnings
i am preparing my excuse for Nadal:he's got a knee injury,and Gaudio is just a very lucky guy. :p
as For Agassi excuses 'll be, age, pain, no more interest in winning..(which i think would be the biggest lie)

lorenz
11-09-2005, 09:18 PM
I think that Gaudio will have better performance that Coria.

Horatio Caine
11-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Roger: "Mirka was on top again last night...I guess I have a few damaged ribs." :o

Peoples
11-09-2005, 09:41 PM
The reasons I seperated Gaudio and Coria are while there are similarities in their respective situations, there are differences as well.

- Coria has won a match at a TMC and is a better multi-surface player than Gaudio and qualified without having being an alternate, so already Gaudio is a funny joke in this event, in addition to his outstanding performances in the event last year.

It will be interesting to hear the excuses if he wins a set let alone a match in Shanghai.

Gold Group:
Rafael Nadal
Andre Agassi
Nikolay Davydenko
Gaston Gaudio

Nadal : He has played too much, he got food poisoning from the food and he still has knee problems.

Agassi: He got more appearance money than the others, doing too many media committments and was only using this event as a training run for the Aus Open.

Then there is he doesn't deserve to be there and only got in because of injuries and also the only thing he knows about carpet, is that it's something that is walked on and that is vacuumed now and then.
You're obsessed with excuses, aren't you?

Horatio Caine
11-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Ljubo: "Well how do you expect me to play well when my cousin (Ducky) is stuck up my ass" :rolleyes:

NYCtennisfan
11-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Roger: "Mirka was on top again last night...I guess I have a few damaged ribs."

YIKES!

Clara Bow
11-10-2005, 12:15 AM

He tried.

I think you hit the nail on the head there! :)

alfonsojose
11-10-2005, 03:29 AM
Roger: "Mirka was on top again last night...I guess I have a few damaged ribs." :o
with her recent weight :lol:

El Legenda
11-10-2005, 03:34 AM
"we thought we were suppose to let the retard win"

nkhera1
11-10-2005, 05:19 AM
"we thought we were suppose to let the retard win"

LOl Something along the line of "We thought this was for charity so really we were doing him a favor"

Action Jackson
11-10-2005, 08:43 AM
The only tanks allowed in China are the ones used by the military.

{Annie}
11-10-2005, 08:51 AM
He can win against Kolya if the latter's shoulder starts killing him again...so I wouldn't laugh too hard

mer
11-10-2005, 09:42 AM
You're obsessed with excuses, aren't you?

My thoughts exactly.
Obviously he is.

hitchhiker
11-10-2005, 11:00 AM
look at the joke of a field this year.
if i was gaudio's coach and he failed to win a set i would be beating him up in the locker room.

Sjengster
11-10-2005, 02:50 PM
WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID:

Federer: "Well of course, it's not easy to play against him, you know. You come out on a fast court and expect to make a good start against him... but it's hard to cope when he actually starts playing. But still, the surface is a little slippery, it was awkward for my ankle... with the slide when you move to the ball, he probably thought he was back on clay, you know."

Nadal: "I think my knees still have pain, no? I try to come here and win matches, to fight for every ball, but is hard when the physic is lacking, no?"

Agassi: "Well, looking at the match-up, he obviously has a great backhand you got to be wary of and he moves very well, so those were the Xs and Os I had to deal with tonight, and I just didn't come up with the goods at the right time - he did, and credit to him. But it's hard to hit the lines against him consistently when the ballkids keep shifting their positions... it's a disappointment to me that an event like this, you know, the standard of officiating is not what you would expect."

Coria: "I have not been at my best level in the last few tournaments. I tried to play well, to give my best because this is a special event, but I think I would have lost no matter who was on the other side of the net."

Davydenko: "I have, you know, long season, matches have been tough and I run out a bit of energy here. He has won plenty matches too, but I think it was a little bit... up and down, you know? He probably has more freshness left at this part of season."

Ljubicic: "Listen, of course it is disappointing, but you have to lose eventually somewhere, right? It would have been amazing if I had made third indoor final in a row, but this was probably a match too far for me - we still have Davis Cup final to come, after all. Hey, you know, I beat Gaston on clay once, he beats me indoors - weird things happen sometimes."

Nalbandian: "Hard to say. Hard to say. Gaston played very good, you know, he did not give me easy points. I don't think I played my best tennis, it's hard to fly to Shanghai with so little time to prepare... nothing more to say, you know."

Gaudio: "Hey man, I don't know. Maybe they all get food poisoning or something? (laughter) I told David to watch what he ate at the restaurant, but he can't disobey his stomach (smiles)."

Let's see if lightning can strike twice. :p

uNIVERSE mAN
11-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Funny post Sjengster, I would give you a good rep if I liked you, which I don't. But funny all the same.

BlackSilver
11-10-2005, 03:09 PM
WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID:

Agassi: " But it's hard to hit the lines against him consistently when the ballkids keep shifting their positions...

:haha: :haha:

TheBoiledEgg
11-10-2005, 03:38 PM
this sort of thread worked for Costa :rolls:

Nimi
11-10-2005, 04:08 PM
WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID:

Agassi: "Well, looking at the match-up, he obviously has a great backhand you got to be wary of and he moves very well, so those were the Xs and Os I had to deal with tonight, and I just didn't come up with the goods at the right time - he did, and credit to him. But it's hard to hit the lines against him consistently when the ballkids keep shifting their positions... it's a disappointment to me that an event like this, you know, the standard of officiating is not what you would expect."

Nalbandian: "Hard to say. Hard to say. Gaston played very good, you know, he did not give me easy points. I don't think I played my best tennis, it's hard to fly to Shanghai with so little time to prepare... nothing more to say, you know."

PRICELESS! Great post! :haha:

its.like.that
11-10-2005, 04:09 PM
best excuse for gaudio winning the tournament:

who told Gaston that TMC was an optional?

:p

nermo
11-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Federer: "Well of course, it's not easy to play against him, you know. You come out on a fast court and expect to make a good start against him... but it's hard to cope when he actually starts playing. But still, the surface is a little slippery, it was awkward for my ankle... with the slide when you move to the ball, he probably thought he was back on clay, you know."

Nadal: "I think my knees still have pain, no? I try to come here and win matches, to fight for every ball, but is hard when the physic is lacking, no?"

Coria: "I have not been at my best level in the last few tournaments. I tried to play well, to give my best because this is a special event, but I think I would have lost no matter who was on the other side of the net."

Davydenko: "I have, you know, long season, matches have been tough and I run out a bit of energy here. He has won plenty matches too, but I think it was a little bit... up and down, you know? He probably has more freshness left at this part of season."

Ljubicic: "Listen, of course it is disappointing, but you have to lose eventually somewhere, right? It would have been amazing if I had made third indoor final in a row, but this was probably a match too far for me - we still have Davis Cup final to come, after all. Hey, you know, I beat Gaston on clay once, he beats me indoors - weird things happen sometimes."

Gaudio: "Hey man, I don't know. Maybe they all get food poisoning or something? (laughter) I told David to watch what he ate at the restaurant, but he can't disobey his stomach (smiles)." posted by Sjengester
:haha: :haha: :yeah: very much close..but u forgot mentioning that Coria 'll complain about the weird nature of the court that gave him specifically hard times.

LaTenista
11-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Gaudio was confused and his coach convinced him it was clay.

Aphex
11-10-2005, 07:04 PM
They put clay in the concrete, thus obviously and unfairly favouring dirt-ballers as Gaudio, Coria and Davydenko.

revolution
11-10-2005, 09:53 PM
As I have said, the best excuse is..

he tried!

Action Jackson
11-11-2005, 07:12 AM
Good to see that there are a few people who actually got the point of this thread and no mer, universe man and Peoples aren't among them.

Action Jackson
11-11-2005, 07:22 AM
WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID:

Gaudio: "Hey man, I don't know. Maybe they all get food poisoning or something? (laughter) I told David to watch what he ate at the restaurant, but he can't disobey his stomach (smiles)."

Let's see if lightning can strike twice. :p

Very accurate.

Galaxystorm
11-11-2005, 09:27 AM
WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID:

According to the players the court isn't slippery at all, and it's almost impossible to slide on it .

And besides when a player has had an ankle injury and comes back to the competition , the best court to come back is clay since on those courts the ankle suffers less because on clay you can slide a lot but on the rest of surfaces the movements are much more sharp ( it's more difficult to slide ) and the ankle suffers much more..

Sjengster
11-11-2005, 11:06 PM
I apologise, Galaxystorm. That information is the one thing that completely ruins the believability of my quote.

crouching
11-14-2005, 02:13 PM
The best excuse...?

"Nadal withdrew, so he got to play against Puerta."

Oh wait, that actually happened...

hitchhiker
11-14-2005, 02:21 PM
if there was ever any doubt Gaudio is a multi surface player, they are gone now.

crouching
11-14-2005, 02:22 PM
All hail the new King of Indoor Tennis!

hitchhiker
11-14-2005, 02:23 PM
All hail the new King of Indoor Tennis!

Gaston made the man who has won 5 indoor matches over the past decade look like an amature. :worship:

sigmagirl91
11-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Behold....the new Masters champion.

Rogiman
11-14-2005, 02:57 PM
if there was ever any doubt Gaudio is a multi surface player, they are gone now.
MVP

gooner88
11-14-2005, 03:00 PM
:haha: at everyone

TheBoiledEgg
11-14-2005, 03:19 PM
title should be changed to Puerta now
he makes Gaudio look like an indoor monster :tape:

hitchhiker
11-14-2005, 03:20 PM
MVP

MVP?

MariaV
11-14-2005, 03:41 PM
MVP?
Most Valuable Player

L James
11-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Best excuse? Puerta is shit.

Neely
11-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Not bad. If Gaudio wins another match, I'll bump the thread from last year.

NYCtennisfan
11-14-2005, 04:07 PM
title should be changed to Puerta now
he makes Gaudio look like an indoor monster

LOL! It's a pretty safe bet that Gaudio and Kolya will make the SF of the TMC now.

naiwen
11-14-2005, 04:09 PM
MVP?

most vulnerable player
:rolleyes:

revolution
11-14-2005, 06:54 PM
naaaa Gonzo and Kolya will make the semis.

Gaudio tried, and therefore he won. Simple to work out.

Action Jackson
11-15-2005, 03:25 AM
The match was fixed.

sigmagirl91
11-15-2005, 03:45 AM
The tournament was rigged...rigged, I tell ya!!!

sigmagirl91
11-15-2005, 03:46 AM
most vulnerable player
:rolleyes:

That title would go to all who withdrew

Action Jackson
11-15-2005, 03:47 AM
It's a fix, it's a fix.

hitchhiker
11-15-2005, 03:56 AM
It's a fix, it's a fix.

were both players getting a fix?

Action Jackson
11-15-2005, 04:03 AM
were both players getting a fix?

It was you lacing their pies with drugs wasn't it?

Deivid23
11-15-2005, 09:52 AM
It's a fix, it's a fix.

Never say never with Puerta ;)

Mrs. B
11-15-2005, 10:11 AM
It was you lacing their pies with drugs wasn't it?

:lol: