Robert Ginepri's adventure into top 10 in 2006.. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Robert Ginepri's adventure into top 10 in 2006..

Tennis_Passion
11-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Andy Roddick has been the number 1 American player ever since he won US Open in 2003, with the retirement rumors around Agassi's career flying like crazy, I'm sure American media is sure going to look for another American player they can root for. It has also been over three years for an American player to break into top 10 since Andy Roddick passed Pete Samprass in ranking and became a top 10 player in 2002.

James Blake, Taylor Dent, and Mardy Fish, despite being all friends of Andy Roddick have not had much of a success as people expected them to accomplish. Mardy Fish had fallen hard since he reached top 20 over a year ago, Taylor Dent has been content to stay around #30 in ranking, and James Blake, despite showing promises from time to time, still has not reached top 20 before and only has 3 titles comparing to Roddick's 20 titles despite being 3 years older.

Can Robert Ginepri, currently the youngest Top 100 American player, save the day?
He now has reached a semifinal in US Open and also won a title this year. He has done the best job out of all Americans ranked below Agassi. He also had 4 top 10 wins this year, most impressively the win against then-#3. This upset win granted Robert with his win for the first time in 6 meetings against Roddick, certainly a confidence boost. Now at only age 23, he sure has a lot of room to improve, but he definitely has the potential to make top 10 next year. I wish him the best of luck.

Experimentee
11-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Blake is better since coming back from his horrible year, and at his best, is better than Ginepri. He has more chance of getting to the top 10.

idolwatcher1
11-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Anyone investigating Robby's early 2005 will realize that he has almost nothing to defend in the early half of 2006, so he will likely only go up from #17 (where he's at currently)...especially if he does well in the Australian Open (where he could be seeded inside the top 16)...We will likely see him break the Top 10 in 2006...assuming, of course, that he is healthy and not injured...

I'm the kind of person who doesn't go in expecting anything, I just leave the door open, and whatever happens, happens...But for me, it would be great to see him break into the Top 10...time will tell...

idolwatcher1
11-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Blake is better since coming back from his horrible year, and at his best, is better than Ginepri. He has more chance of getting to the top 10.

James and Robby are friends, and they would be happy if either or both of them eventually made the Top 10...However, in their last meeting, this Summer, Robby beat James in straight sets. They may actually practice with each other during the off-season... :)

SwiSha
11-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Ginepri will get there when he plays inspiring tennis like against gaudio in paris :lol:

Kristen
11-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Anyone know where he'll be January 2-8? :)

Donny
11-08-2005, 01:54 PM
RG "should" move nearly into the T10 before clay season, and should stay thereabouts (10-12) until he must defend all those hardcourt season points. Some of that depends on Puerta's/Gaudio's clay season.

Injuries withstanding, Wimbledon should add 200+ entry points to Robby's total. With his game, his '05 1st round exit is three rounds sooner than his worst-case result there should be.

Fumus
11-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Robby to be the new number 1!!!

alfonsojose
11-09-2005, 02:00 AM
He can do it :drool: