Point of the Year [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Point of the Year

federerfan7465
11-07-2005, 09:31 PM
No doubt to me, the point of the year was the 45 shot rally during Indian Wells in the match between Hewitt and Federer, ending with Roger's running forehand and Hewitt winning refelx volley.

Simplythe greatest point I've ever seen played.

http://www.atptennis.com/en/mercedesbenz/?AssetID=910

Phunkadelicious
11-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Safin hits that incredible lob to save match point against Federer at the AO.

El Legenda
11-07-2005, 09:36 PM
Ljubicic saving set point in TB in Davis Cup. Roddick serve out wide, pulls Ivan totaly of the court, then runs down 2 almost impossible shots. gets back in the ralley and wins the pt and TB.

disturb3d
11-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Ljubicic saving set point in TB in Davis Cup. Roddick serve out wide, pulls Ivan totaly of the court, then runs down 2 almost impossible shots. gets back in the ralley and wins the pt and TB.Get your head out of Ljubo's ass.

El Legenda
11-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Get your head out of Ljubo's ass.

GO learn something about tennis.

Horatio Caine
11-07-2005, 09:46 PM

:haha: :haha: It had to be Ivan winning something though...pity it isn't a major match!! :haha: :nerner:

RaVeR
11-07-2005, 09:47 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

you are a big idiot

Horatio Caine
11-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Seeing Karlovic hit 2 successive backhands in court in Nottingham during his win over Ljubo ;)

PaulieM
11-07-2005, 09:48 PM
No doubt to me, the point of the year was the 45 shot rally during Indian Wells in the match between Hewitt and Federer, ending with Roger's running forehand and Hewitt winning refelx volley.

that's my pick as well. :)

NYCtennisfan
11-07-2005, 10:03 PM
If we are talking about purely technical merits, the rally between Fed and Hewitt. If we are talking about pressure situations, I can pick some out of the SAfin-Fed match, or Nadal-Coria, or Blake-Agassi. For a single shot itself, I liked Federer's bh defensive lob when Marat was serving for the match at 5-3.

Deivid23
11-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Single-shot, Robredo stunning turnaround bh pass dtl in Vienna against Lisnard.

Rally, Gaudio vs Nadal in Buenos Aires

KoOlMaNsEaN
11-07-2005, 10:25 PM
from the ones available on atptennis.com its March

Domino
11-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Santoro doing the 360 block at the net, not realizing he'd hit the ball over the net, and then following up with a dropshot.

Norrage
11-07-2005, 10:51 PM
The Hewitt - Federer one...I have never ever seen a rally so extremely fantastic as that one....It seemed to last forever, and then the crowd in it...Lol...I actually watched it 10 times just to see the amazing reaction of the crowd...Everybody was literally standing up towards the end of the rally....

adee-gee
11-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Mathieu against Roddick :rocker2:

shotgun
11-07-2005, 10:55 PM

:worship:

euroka1
11-08-2005, 12:02 AM

I'm with several of you. That's mine as well. Whatever else one says about Hewitt, he can certainly play great tennis on a good day.

revolution
11-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Hewitt-Fed in IW
Ljubicic's effort against Robredo in Paris TMS, way on the back foot before managing to dink it past him.

Caralimon
11-08-2005, 12:07 AM
The insane passing shot by Nadal with Ferrer in Roland Garros.

euroka1
11-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Hewitt-Fed in IW

Guess I should have given 50% credit to Fed. But somehow, we all expect it of him these days.

Deivid23
11-08-2005, 12:17 AM
The insane passing shot by Nadal with Ferrer in Roland Garros.

That was good stuff also :lol:

revolution
11-08-2005, 12:19 AM
Srichaphan at Wimbledon when he somehow managed to win that long point against Safin, and even though he was battered, he still managed to pull this one out, although Safin had chances to finish it at the net.

Jimnik
11-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Safin hits that incredible lob to save match point against Federer at the AO.
That's my favourite point. :worship:

Jimnik
11-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Ljubicic saving set point in TB in Davis Cup. Roddick serve out wide, pulls Ivan totaly of the court, then runs down 2 almost impossible shots. gets back in the ralley and wins the pt and TB.
:shout: "Ljubicic 'til you die", eh?

Speaking of your tennis god, the point between him and JC, in the Vienna final, comes to mind. I believe that it was break point, at 5-5, in the 3rd and the rally lasted about 37 shots. If it hadn't ended with JC hitting his backhand into the net, that might have been my fav point of the year.

nobama
11-08-2005, 01:41 AM

http://www.atptennis.com/en/mercedesbenz/?AssetID=910I was at that match and it was simply amazing. I think Fed and Hewitt were a little taken aback when they got a standing ovation for that one.

I also like this point from the Fed/Agassi match in Dubai.

http://helix-4.sri.ch/ramgen/sfdrs/vod/sport/450k/te_federer_doha.rm

Art&Soul
11-08-2005, 02:14 AM

Yup, i like this point too :cool:

fedpras
11-08-2005, 02:27 AM

Yeah, that was a great point. I like the expressions on their faces afterwords. Federer looked totally shocked that he made it, but Agassi looked really ticked off.

Grinder
11-08-2005, 02:36 AM
This was during the Justin Gimelstob vs. Fernando Gonzalez match in New Haven.

Justin is serving to save a crucial break and Gonzo hits a huge return off the serve and Justin dives face first on a hard court to put the volley into play, but wait, Gonzo cranks up a forehand to the middle of the court and Justin, who is still on the ground, gets on his knees and volleys Gonzo's forehand for a winner. Gonzo was stunned after that point and then just smiled and applauded Justin. Good sportsmanship and great effort.

Gimelstob is so fun to watch.

GonzoFan
11-08-2005, 02:56 AM
Definitely the best point is the one between Hewitt and Federer :worship:

This was during the Justin Gimelstob vs. Fernando Gonzalez match in New Haven.

Justin is serving to save a crucial break and Gonzo hits a huge return off the serve and Justin dives face first on a hard court to put the volley into play, but wait, Gonzo cranks up a forehand to the middle of the court and Justin, who is still on the ground, gets on his knees and volleys Gonzo's forehand for a winner. Gonzo was stunned after that point and then just smiled and applauded Justin. Good sportsmanship and great effort.

Gimelstob is so fun to watch.

I remember that match! that was a great and funny point ;)

megadeth
11-08-2005, 03:01 AM
great choices

1. hewitt-fed in indian wells

2. agassi-nadal in canada

3. agassi-coria in indian wells

4. agassi-coria in rome

peripheral
11-08-2005, 04:05 AM
Yeah, that was a great point. I like the expressions on their faces afterwords. Federer looked totally shocked that he made it, but Agassi looked really ticked off.

Yeah, Federer first looked shocked and then started laughing :) I love that reaction. I can watch the point again and again!

rofe
11-08-2005, 04:13 AM
I was at that match and it was simply amazing. I think Fed and Hewitt were a little taken aback when they got a standing ovation for that one.

I think both of them are very good but I get warm and fuzzy watching the Dubai point since Fed won it - and the look on Agassi's face was priceless!

ugotlobbed
11-08-2005, 04:14 AM
Santoro doing the 360 block at the net, not realizing he'd hit the ball over the net, and then following up with a dropshot.

id like to see that one

Billabong
11-08-2005, 04:20 AM
-Hewitt-Fed point was really awesome:worship:

Marat hit an incredible one in the Aus Open final against Hewitt in the 4th set as well:)

Domino
11-08-2005, 01:11 PM
id like to see that one

It was against Fed at the USO, I assumed other people had seen it too, but I don't have a video. It was classic Santoro, that's all I can say.

Effka
11-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Chucho saving a match point (even though he lost eventually) against Starace with a beautiful backhand cross winner (Sopot) :p :angel:

Safin's lob at AO was a great thing, he had tried like ten times during that match against Fed to play a lob, but the first time he actually managed to do it was that match point. classic :cool:

George_Hanson
11-08-2005, 01:33 PM
All has been said.

Safin's lob and Lleyton - Roger rally.

MisterQ
11-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Seeing Karlovic hit 2 successive backhands in court in Nottingham during his win over Ljubo ;)

:rolls:

MisterQ
11-08-2005, 04:11 PM

I would be ticked off too. :eek:

uNIVERSE mAN
11-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Roger Federer hitting a winner.