will ljubo be able to rebound from this... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

will ljubo be able to rebound from this...

croat123
11-06-2005, 04:44 PM
or is it going to be like after his lost to ferreira at ao a few years ago :sad:

it must be so frustrating to fight so hard and constantly come up short :(

R.Federer
11-06-2005, 04:46 PM
He has just qualified for shanghai, this is a big achievement, so the disappointment from two T.M.S finals losses will be reduced a bit

It was a fifth set in both, and they were close matches so I'm sure Ivan will bounce back. But Hats are off to young Tomas

Action Jackson
11-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Well Ljubo does have the TMC and he is not favoured there to win it, so he will have a big opportunity to put this out of mind and also the Davis Cup to focus on.

He has the capabilities to bounce back and it was harder this time as he was the favourite to win here and not in Madrid. If Croatia can win the Davis Cup, then he will be fine, if not, then it will be difficult.

croat123
11-06-2005, 04:49 PM
it would just suck if he lost all the momentum he's gained cause of two close loses in major finals :sad:

tangerine_dream
11-06-2005, 04:50 PM
DC will provide the band-aid for this boo-boo. ;)

El Legenda
11-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Davis Cup Final is last tournment of the year, winning that. the 2 tms loses will be behide.

El Legenda
11-06-2005, 04:51 PM
DC will provide the band-aid for this boo-boo. ;)

and knowing that he went 2-0 vs Roddick in 2005.

croat123
11-06-2005, 04:52 PM
he also beat agassi quite convincingly if memory serves me

Grinder
11-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Agassi beat him quite convicingly in Rome as well.

Hopefully Ivan gets put in a DC group with Nadal, Coria and Davydenko and finishes the year in the top 5 or 6.

El Legenda
11-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Agassi beat him quite convicingly in Rome as well.

on clay.

there is not to rebound from, Ivan is not disappointed at this at all, would you be disappointed to finish a season with 2wins and 2 finals. and chance to win DC and few matchs in TMC. :wavey:

Grinder
11-06-2005, 05:14 PM
on clay.

there is not to rebound from, Ivan is not disappointed at this at all, would you be disappointed to finish a season with 2wins and 2 finals. and chance to win DC and few matchs in TMC. :wavey:

Make that two wins and six finals.

El Legenda
11-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Make that two wins and six finals.

yes, i said finish the year, but still playing on Sunday 8 times is a great season.

RogiFan88
11-06-2005, 05:22 PM
I think Ivan s rest up first, then go to Shanghai, and whatever he does there, is icing on the cake. His real priority s be DC Final... and he s try to pound some sense into Mario's little head cos he'll need him to help Croatia win it. ;)

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 05:23 PM
No - he'll fly over to the States, move in with Dent, eat crap and grow to over 200lbs. And when he grows man boobs he will be known as Ivan Boobacic on the tour. :rolleyes:

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 05:24 PM
yes, i said finish the year, but still playing on Sunday 8 times is a great season.

Not a middle Sunday :nerner:

croat123
11-06-2005, 05:24 PM
I think Ivan s rest up first, then go to Shanghai, and whatever he does there, is icing on the cake. His real priority s be DC Final... and he s try to pound some sense into Mario's little head cos he'll need him to help Croatia win it. ;)
if mario fucks it up in doubles i'm going to personally destroy him :angel:

adee-gee
11-06-2005, 05:29 PM
It'll take a lot for him to get over this. He won't have a better chance to win a TMS in his career. The Davis Cup would probably make up for it, but he'll look back on this match with a lot of regrets at the end of his career I predict.

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Maybe he read MTF beforehand saw all the comments people made about him winning the title against lesser players....so he decided to lose and come back and beat everyone next year? :shrug: :haha:

adee-gee
11-06-2005, 05:33 PM
Maybe he read MTF beforehand saw all the comments people made about him winning the title against lesser players....so he decided to lose and come back and beat everyone next year? :shrug: :haha:
He'll never win a TMS now. Mark my words.

RickDaStick
11-06-2005, 05:33 PM
This lose wont be a that big of a deal to him. Maybe if it was his last tournament and he has all offseason to think about it but with TMC and Davis Cup coming he doesnt have time to think about it. If he wins Davis Cup then Paris wont be a problem to him in the grand scheme of things.

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 05:35 PM

I totally agree. This was an excellent year for him and I think the best it will be. Players rarely keep this sort of run up and he is one of them. He is a top 20 player but this year, in the kindest possible way to him, is "above his station."

RogiFan88
11-06-2005, 05:57 PM
if mario fucks it up in doubles i'm going to personally destroy him :angel:

:p [watch out, Mario... ]

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 05:57 PM
If Coria kicks his ass in Shanghai...then it is time to worry!! :lol:

El Legenda
11-06-2005, 05:58 PM

Yes he will. mark my words, he has 27 chances left at his top form.

croat123
11-06-2005, 06:00 PM
I totally agree. This was an excellent year for him and I think the best it will be. Players rarely keep this sort of run up and he is one of them. He is a top 20 player but this year, in the kindest possible way to him, is "above his station."
i don't agree. he has a much more complete game than most players. big serve, big fh, big bh, and decent at the net
he can even play some pretty good defense

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Yes he will. mark my words, he has 27 chances left at his top form.

All 27 likely to be contested by any of Federer, Roddick, Safin, Hewitt, Nadal, Berdych, Gasquet, Djokovic, Murray...and other dangerous ones around in the next 3 years.

Ljubo won't win a clay AMS so that takes it down to 18 straightaway.

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 06:01 PM
i don't agree. he has a much more complete game than most players. big serve, big fh, big bh, and decent at the net
he can even play some pretty good defense

If he keeps on improving then yes he will be fine. But if he doesn't, or most likely goes backwards a little, he will be in limbo.

adee-gee
11-06-2005, 06:02 PM
All 27 likely to be contested by any of Federer, Roddick, Safin, Hewitt, Nadal, Berdych, Gasquet, Djokovic, Murray...and other dangerous ones around in the next 3 years.

Exactly. Too many other good players around. This was his chance, and he blew it. I'll bump up this thread at the end of Ivan's career :p

El Legenda
11-06-2005, 06:02 PM

before this year, His best TMS results were on clay. SF

Neely
11-06-2005, 06:03 PM
The more important question is not whether Ljubicic will rebound this year in his remaining tournaments with TMC and DC, but how he will fare in 2006 due to this extremely long and tough end of 2005. When Ljubicic will take time off for one or two weeks (he can't afford more holidays anyway), most other players are already practising and preparing with full force again for the next season. So my prediction will be that he could fall in a little hole at the beginning of 2006 (maybe if he is really strong, he could be able to delay that overdue period of weakness into clay season where he doesn't have much to defend anyway).

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Exactly. Too many other good players around. This was his chance, and he blew it. I'll bump up this thread at the end of Ivan's career :p

I wouldn't completely write him off though. He has 6 good indoor AMS left and could do damage.

Can we bump the Mario thread too? :devil: :drool:

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 06:04 PM
before this year, His best TMS results were on clay. SF

SF is really good mate but it isn't a title or even a final. He won't win an AMS on clay. That is almost as absurd as saying Rusedsk will win back to back matches on the stuff. :tape:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
11-06-2005, 06:05 PM
DC final is the answer,unfortunately I have a bad feeling.

adee-gee
11-06-2005, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't completely write him off though. He has 6 good indoor AMS left and could do damage.

Andy Murray is going to win every Grand Slam and TMS for the next 10 years, so this was Ljubo's last chance.

And yes, give me a moment to find it ;)

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 06:07 PM
He'll beat Pride of Pailsey's Alan Mackin in the finals of Monte Carlo, Rome and Hamburg - all in 5 sets... :drool:

adee-gee
11-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Did I bump the right one? I seem to remember there was a few similar ones.

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Did I bump the right one? I seem to remember there was a few similar ones.

Wrong one mate - refer to the one you bumped - I have posted the title you are looking for there. ;)

adee-gee
11-06-2005, 06:13 PM
He'll beat Pride of Pailsey's Alan Mackin in the finals of Monte Carlo, Rome and Hamburg - all in 5 sets... :drool:
Andy...5 sets...on clay... :scared:

adee-gee
11-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Wrong one mate - refer to the one you bumped - I have posted the title you are looking for there. ;)
:lol: oops. My comment should amuse the Croats anyway.

adee-gee
11-06-2005, 06:22 PM
I can't find it :( Did you start the thread?

By the way, I bumped up an old thread of yours for no real reason :rolls:

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 06:27 PM
I can't find it :( Did you start the thread?

Nope I didn't start it which is why i loved it so much! :haha:

I bumped it about 4 weeks ago when he lost the Tokyo final. We had 2 Ancic threads going...I'll take a look sometime soon for it. ;)

adee-gee
11-06-2005, 06:46 PM
I think I found it :banana:

MariaV
11-06-2005, 07:01 PM
DC final is the answer,unfortunately I have a bad feeling.
You don't be so pessimistic!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 07:11 PM
I think I found it :banana:

Legendry mate - absolutely legendry! :lol: :worship:

Thanks ;)

...and it wasn't a Croat who started it! :eek:

almouchie
11-06-2005, 07:16 PM
thats a nice sig (jez)

hope Ivan will recover
i think he is a terrfic player

adee-gee
11-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Jez have you noticed that my bumping of the Ian Flanagan thread has gone :sad:

We're living in a dictatorship on here :(

RonE
11-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Well, I wouldn't be so quick to write Ivan off so quickly. Reminds me of another Croatian player from yesteryear- one Goran Ivanisevic. After losing three Wimbledon finals I don't think anyone in their right mind would have dreamed he could finally win one, yet we all know what happened. Reality is often stranger than fiction....

But anyway, poor Ljubo. Berdych played a great match he is a great new prospect but I really do feel for Ivan. Jez was right about one thing though- Ivan will have to improve especially on the forehand wing if he is to really compete against the top in these events.

+alonso
11-06-2005, 09:06 PM
He showed us he has great nerves and plays good with/without pressure.. He never felt down!
I think the DC thophy is going to make him feel great and revitalized for 06 :)
Sorry but we all know Hrbaty isn't going well these days.. I think Ivan & Croatian team is going to win

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Jez have you noticed that my bumping of the Ian Flanagan thread has gone :sad:

We're living in a dictatorship on here :(

Huh? What was wrong with the content in that thread? :hysteric:

We still have Ivan and Mario though :devil: :drool:

RickDaStick
11-06-2005, 10:25 PM
"I reached unbelievable goal, which is Masters Cup. I finished top 10. I have Davis Cup final coming up. I mean, it would be much better if I would win, you know. But, believe me, maybe it's only Tomas only happier man on the earth in this moment than me. So I'm not disappointed at all.”

As i said earlier, I dont think this lose will be a big deal to Ivan, 99 % of the Atp tour players would love to be in Ivans place now, Top Ten, $$$$$, Masters Cup, Davis Cup, it doenst get better. Sure he would of liked to win, but its not the end of the world and this lose isnt going to affect him.

Horatio Caine
11-06-2005, 10:32 PM
"I reached unbelievable goal, which is Masters Cup. I finished top 10. I have Davis Cup final coming up. I mean, it would be much better if I would win, you know. But, believe me, maybe it's only Tomas only happier man on the earth in this moment than me. So I'm not disappointed at all.”

As i said earlier, I dont think this lose will be a big deal to Ivan, 99 % of the Atp tour players would love to be in Ivans place now, Top Ten, $$$$$, Masters Cup, Davis Cup, it doenst get better. Sure he would of liked to win, but its not the end of the world and this lose isnt going to affect him.

99% of toru players would like to have got into top 8 by their career-end having won an AMS title and reached at least the QF of one Slam. If he is happy then that is :cool:

adee-gee
11-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Huh? What was wrong with the content in that thread? :hysteric:

We still have Ivan and Mario though :devil: :drool:
I dunno, I'm furious though :o

I've had to bring Ian into the Mario 2nd best player on grass thread to make up for it!

Horatio Caine
11-08-2005, 09:11 PM
I dunno, I'm furious though :o

I've had to bring Ian into the Mario 2nd best player on grass thread to make up for it!

:haha: They are almost as bad as each other! :haha:

euroka1
11-08-2005, 09:49 PM

He has a great game and a great attitiude. He'll be around for a while yet!