TMC: Andy def. Roger (via Dahveed) :p

Pages : [1] 2 3

Noelle
11-06-2005, 01:03 AM
:p

Deboogle!.
11-06-2005, 01:04 AM
Dear Andy's Back,
Please heal ASAP so Andy can play and kick ass in Shanghai.

Love,
Debra

knight_ley
11-06-2005, 01:08 AM
SHIMMY! I love to shimmy! My vote for Shanghai goes to Andy now. If someone is shimmying they are my fave :yeah:

surfpinky
11-06-2005, 01:20 AM
shimmy shimmy cocoa puffs, listen to me POW.

superpinkone37
11-06-2005, 03:30 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Andy is gonna shimmy like this in Shaghai.

EDIT: Okay, so I had really cool dancing banana smilies but since those don't want to show up on here, I'll have to settle for the regular ones. So, if Andy shimmies in Shanghai but not as well as we had hope, then we will blame the smilies that won't work. :p

Deboogle!.
11-06-2005, 03:35 AM
ummmmmm like what?

Centered??? :lol:

oh n/m I see there are supposed to be smilies :sobbing:

Carito_90
11-06-2005, 04:16 AM
WTF is this supposed to mean?...

From Reuters:

Roddick fears Masters pull-out

World number three Andy Roddick fears he could miss the year-end Masters Cup because of back pain. Roddick was hampered by a sore back during his 6-3 7-5 defeat by Croatian Ivan Ljubicic in the semi-finals of the Paris Masters.

The American, who received treatment twice during the match, had also suffered in his quarter-final win over Spaniard David Ferrer on Friday.

"I don't know," Roddick said on Saturday when asked whether the injury might force him to pull out of the eight-strong season finale from Nov. 13 in Shanghai.

"I hope not but, obviously, I'm not as optimistic as I was two days ago. I'll go back, we'll treat it and if I feel like I can go, I'll go. If not, then I won't."

Roddick had said after beating Ferrer that he might not play Saturday's semi-final. He did but the pain soon returned.

"It felt okay walking around earlier in the day but as soon as I started moving, it just really stiffened up and made it tough to move and hit my shots," he said.

"It's low back, it's just tight. The doctor used a bunch of medical terms I'm not intelligent enough to understand. We're going to evaluate it again here and when I get home."

The former world number one, who has won five tournaments this year, said he would love to go to Shanghai.

"Most of all it's an honour to qualify (for the Masters Cup)," he said.

"It's very prestigious. The fact that you only have a handful of guys that are allowed to play makes it really special.

"Obviously, I don't think it's on par with Davis Cup or with a grand slam but it's very important. It's almost like a celebration for the year."

Ljubicic grabbed the last ticket to the Masters Cup by qualifying for the semi-finals in Paris on Friday.

The Croatian joined Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Roddick, Lleyton Hewitt, Andre Agassi, Guillermo Coria and Nikolay Davydenko in the Shanghai field.

Oh, ok. I'm like freaking out here. (Yes Greenie, I took it from your lj ;) :lol: )

Deboogle!.
11-06-2005, 04:18 AM
the stuff about going to Shanghai is also in the audio from the tourney site if you want to hear his voice and how he says it. To me it sounds like it was sort of a thing where he just doesn't know yet because he hasn't really had a chance to even find out exactly what the problem is. That's the feeling I got, but that of course he wants to go play if he possibly can.

Carito_90
11-06-2005, 04:22 AM
I bet he wants to play. Something really wrong should be going on if he didn't want to lol.

But yeah, I just read the title and I was like 'holyshit'. I just... he's such a fucking retard for playing today. For even continuing during Ferrer's match! Damn him. Ugh.

Deboogle!.
11-06-2005, 04:26 AM
well yeah.

as for the headline, that's what the news agencies do...make provocative headlines lol. But what Andy really said was basically he has no idea. :(

andyroxmysox12191
11-06-2005, 04:32 AM
"Shimmy shimmy quarter turn, I feel like I will never learn, how can I check lost and found,
when I'm too busy GETTING DOWN!"

sorry I always think of that song when I see shimmy

Andy :hug: :S I hope he'll get well enough to play in Shanghai :( :hug:

Deboogle!.
11-06-2005, 04:35 AM
He'll be fine, since y'know, he's faking the injury and all :o

superpinkone37
11-06-2005, 05:20 AM
Well, obviously. And he eats babies. AND he stole Christmas.

nobama
11-06-2005, 05:41 AM
well yeah.

as for the headline, that's what the news agencies do...make provocative headlines lol. But what Andy really said was basically he has no idea. :(Is Andy flying home first, and then (hopefully) going to Shanghai? That's a lot of traveling...

Deboogle!.
11-06-2005, 05:45 AM
yes, he was scheduled to be at a big WTT charity thing in Pennsylvania Monday night. I imagine that he either won't go or if he goes he won't actually play.. but yeah, it was gonna be a ton of traveling in the span of a few days. None of which particularly helps the back. Of course he might have a private jet or at least first class and then it would be more comfortable I suppose lol:p

But yeah, i dunno. :(

athena_wu
11-06-2005, 06:44 AM
the stuff about going to Shanghai is also in the audio from the tourney site if you want to hear his voice and how he says it. To me it sounds like it was sort of a thing where he just doesn't know yet because he hasn't really had a chance to even find out exactly what the problem is. That's the feeling I got, but that of course he wants to go play if he possibly can.

Deb, what should I do that could let Andy to come. :tears: I'm so worried about this. He will travel a lot. How can he get well soon? I really really hope that he can come to Shanghai and even he will not play like Marat. :unsure:

I don't know when he can give us a clear answer. Oh, Please, Andy, Andy's back, be well as soon as possible. :worship: :bowdown:

Deboogle!.
11-06-2005, 06:46 AM
awwwwww Athena :hug:

I hope for you as much as for Andy and everyone else that he is OK and that you will get to see him :) :) :) :hug: *prays*

athena_wu
11-06-2005, 08:43 AM
:worship: Deb, what I can do is just wait and wait.

Hope he can get better soon. Oh, God! :bowdown:

Noelle
11-06-2005, 01:13 PM
:o And still there's no news about Andy's back from AR.com.

nobama
11-06-2005, 01:19 PM
I hope he can play. And I hope he gets there soon so he can get acclimated to the venue/courts. Roger's already there and Rafa is showing up tomorrow.

Noelle
11-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Well, you know Andy--always fashionably late. :o Hopefully he doesn't play that exo match, though. Maybe it'll be too much to ask him to fly directly to Shanghai from Paris. :sobbing:

MASTERS CUP SINGLES QUALIFIERS

Roger Federer
Rafael Nadal
Marat Safin
Andy Roddick
Lleyton Hewitt
Andre Agassi
Guillermo Coria
Nikolay Davydenko
Ivan Ljubicic

The possible alternates could be (in case of pullouts):
Gaston Gaudio
David Nalbandian

Carito_90
11-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Sigh, I wish he would show up early... I mean, not really early since he has to take care of his back first but.. yeah you know what I mean :lol:

nobama
11-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Someone needs to talk some sense into him and tell him it's OK if he misses that WTT event. I know he doesn't like to let people down. But I think everyone would understand....TMC is more important than some expo event. I just hope he doesn't pull out of TMC.

Carito_90
11-06-2005, 02:20 PM
I don't think he'll play the exhibition, honestly. I seriously doubt it.

Deboogle!.
11-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Oh he's definitely gonna go back home, he said as much. Even if it's only a few days, I'm sure he'll want to have his own doctors and whoever check it out. That's fine, it's his choice. I mean, if it were me, I'd rather go out of my way to have someone I trust treat me, too.

Havok
11-06-2005, 05:25 PM
:sad: That back better heal like now please.

snaillyyy
11-06-2005, 06:05 PM
I love the title :yeah: now let's hope he gets to shimmy in Shanghai:awww:

Deboogle!.
11-06-2005, 06:20 PM
:o And still there's no news about Andy's back from AR.com.I'd bet my life that they don't have a clue what's going on :o

partygirl
11-06-2005, 07:24 PM
:devil: im hoping for a shanghai suprise :devil:

at least it will be televised...to me :) :) :)
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/scheduleSport?date=20051113&network=34&sport=TN

i really hope andy can make it, the bastard. :armed: :boxing: :tears:

Jennay
11-06-2005, 09:04 PM
:haha: How ironic, I was just shimmying to the song I was listening to (:o) then I come on MTF and see this thread. ;) :lol:

Anyways, Andy's back better heal quickly. :( :hug:

blosson
11-06-2005, 11:27 PM
:haha: How ironic, I was just shimmying to the song I was listening to (:o) then I come on MTF and see this thread. ;) :lol:

Anyways, Andy's back better heal quickly. :( :hug:

Haha, Andy will make sure his lower back heals. It might also be painful when he has sex :o and that little rabbit won't wan't that. :p

Golfnduck
11-06-2005, 11:48 PM
Haha, Andy will make sure his lower back heals. It might also be painful when he has sex :o and that little rabbit won't wan't that. :p
LMFAO!!!! :haha:
I really hope he doesn't withdraw from TMC, I think he could go far there if he is healthy. I think a week would be long enough to recover depending on the severity.

Deboogle!.
11-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Problem is that he doesn't really have a week to decide. According to people in China he is scheduled to arrive on the 9th. That's Wednesday. That's a long trip from the US, that means he has to leave what, Monday night or Tuesday morning or something? Not sure exactly how long but it's many many many hours on a plane - which doesn't help a back.

Unless of course he's planning to go to China and THEN decide. I suppose that's possible.

So when you think about it - he probably left Paris today and got home today. Perhaps he took the earliest flight he could or something. Anyway, he's supposed to be in Pennsylvania tomorrow night, so I guess he wouldn't be able to leave for Shanghai til Tuesday.... think about how much traveling that is in the span of 3 or 4 days.. It's crazy, and not so smart.

It's also too bad, b/c the plane trip from Paris to China directly would surely be shorter, and not as bad of a time zone shock to his system. But whatever, he's a big boy and hopefully knows what he's doing. It just doesn't leave much time for him to get any actual treatment. :shrug:

partygirl
11-07-2005, 12:10 AM
It might also be painful when he has sex :o and that little rabbit won't wan't that. :p

oh no!...this is probbly a good thing.

Problem is that he doesn't really have a week to decide. According to people in China he is scheduled to arrive on the 9th. That's Wednesday. That's a long trip from the US, that means he has to leave what, Monday night or Tuesday morning or something?
So when you think about it - he probably left Paris today and got home today. Perhaps he took the earliest flight he could or something. Anyway, he's supposed to be in Pennsylvania tomorrow night, so I guess he wouldn't be able to leave for Shanghai til Tuesday.... think about how much traveling that is in the span of 3 or 4 days.. It's crazy, and not so smart.

:

thats why playing on saturday was just a bit foolish he could have rested it all weekend and had a weekday or two to decide without having to play on it...now its a rush job...i love telling my body to hurry up & heal, works really well too :devil:

i dont know what to say, im very disapointed...but i dont really know anything, just a feeling. :)

i have hope, as usual- we have gotten very good at it this year...hoping ;) :p

castaway
11-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Love the new thread title :yeah: Now let's just hope it comes true :awww:
at least it will be televised...to me :) :) :)
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/scheduleSport?date=20051113&network=34&sport=TN
I'm so excited about actually getting tv coverage too...it's been way too long. The only thing that would make it better would be if the coverage wasn't on at 2 or 6 in the morning

Carito_90
11-07-2005, 01:04 AM

Roger can always ride him, you know.

Gee, I hate not knowing where Andy is. Damn him.

PinkFeatherBoa
11-07-2005, 01:13 AM
Roger can always ride him, you know.

Gee, I hate not knowing where Andy is. Damn him.

It's OK Caro, he's right here... :angel:

OK I'll be serious now, I hope Andy's back is mended sufficiently for him to kick sufficient butts around the tennis court until there are stars. I also hope he remembers to post me my tickets (plane/entry) in time for me to actually get there. |:

surfpinky
11-07-2005, 01:15 AM
|:

Noelle
I love the title :yeah: now let's hope he gets to shimmy in Shanghai:awww:
Y'all should thank Nat for the title idea. :D

Jennay
:spit:

It won't hurt if he's not doing the work. :haha:

surfpinky
11-07-2005, 01:16 AM
Y'all should thank Nat for the title idea. :D
[:

surfpinky
11-07-2005, 01:16 AM
:spit:

It won't hurt if he's not doing the work. :haha:
:spit: :spit:

PinkFeatherBoa
11-07-2005, 01:29 AM
|:

You did it again. |:

I'm hereby thanking you for the title idea you gave to Noelle. |:

Isn't that great. |:

Noelle
11-07-2005, 01:56 AM
|:

Winston's Human
11-07-2005, 02:21 AM
Problem is that he doesn't really have a week to decide. According to people in China he is scheduled to arrive on the 9th. That's Wednesday. That's a long trip from the US, that means he has to leave what, Monday night or Tuesday morning or something? Not sure exactly how long but it's many many many hours on a plane - which doesn't help a back

When we traveled to China in March 2004, the flight from the west coast was about fourteen hours. You also have to factor in the time zone effect with China being ten to twelve hours ahead of the US time zones.

On the long flight, however, he won't have to sit the entire time. It seemed to me that, on our flight, many of the people were milling about in the aisles for most of the flight.

The other thing to remember is that Andy most likely flies first class. I have been told that on the trans-Pacific flights, the first class seats make into beds. I cannot state that with any authority because we flew economy class.

I hope Andy makes the attempt to play Shanghai and defers any final decision until the last possible minute.

Deboogle!.
11-07-2005, 02:25 AM
When we traveled to China in March 2004, the flight from the west coast was about fourteen hours. Thanks for the info :) I figured it was pretty long, so from Austin it'd be about 3 more hours, if he goes directly from PA, add a couple more hours onto that. In andy case, it's a whole crapload of traveling in the span of a few days - that's tough on the mind and body too, so he really needs to get there a few days before play begins so that he can adjust You also have to factor in the time zone effect with China being ten to twelve hours ahead of the US time zones.Yep, exactly. The other thing to remember is that Andy most likely flies first class. I have been told that on the trans-Pacific flights, the first class seats make into beds. I cannot state that with any authority because we flew economy class.Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's true. I'm SURE Andy flies First Class :lol:I hope Andy makes the attempt to play Shanghai and defers any final decision until the last possible minute.I'm sure he will :) At least, I really hope he will.

Winston's Human
11-07-2005, 02:35 AM
Our flight from DFW to San Francisco was about three hours.

There are direct flights from JFK to China. If Andy goes to Pennsylvania, I presume that Andy would fly from NYC.

My sense of the Philadelphia airport (from traveling to the Jersey shore last summer) is that it is fairly small for such a large city.

Deboogle!.
11-07-2005, 02:59 AM
Knowing Andy, he will go to Austin, even if it's only for a few hours or something :o lol

Hopefully, he just skips the thing in Philly - at least that would let him stay in Austin a couple days to get solid treatment in one place

At this point, though, who the hell knows with him lol :shrug:

athena_wu
11-07-2005, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the info :) I figured it was pretty long, so from Austin it'd be about 3 more hours, if he goes directly from PA, add a couple more hours onto that. I'm sure he will :) At least, I really hope he will.

Yeah, I'm sure too. Our local media doesn't make any news about his injure or pull like Marat till now. So I think they are sure Andy will come to Shanghai.

PS, Is Chicago near PA?

Deboogle!.
11-07-2005, 03:00 AM
PS, Is Chicago near PA?Hmm, not really. A couple of hours in a plane or so, I'd guess.

Winston's Human
11-07-2005, 03:06 AM
Yeah, I'm sure too. Our local media doesn't make any news about his injure or pull like Marat till now. So I think they are sure Andy will come to Shanghai.

PS, Is Chicago near PA?

Or a long day's drive.

snaillyyy
11-07-2005, 03:08 AM
With Andy you just never know, why don't I have a hard time seeing him going Paris..Austin..Philadelphia..Shanghai:(

athena_wu
11-07-2005, 03:15 AM
Yeah, Freedom, who knows Andy?

I guess maybe he won't come on time. May be he will come like Marat on 11th.

Deboogle!.
11-07-2005, 03:19 AM
Why is Marat going to Shanghai? The thing is, Marat is not playing. Andy is, so Marat can go there late and it's fine, maybe he's just going to participate in the opening ceremonies on the 12th and give a press conference.

But Andy would be there to play - he has to get there earlier than the 11th, that would give him less than 2 days to adjust to a HUGE time difference and very different playing conditions, a new stadium that he's never been to before, etc. If he's got any chance to do well in Shanghai, he has to get there before the 11th.

According to the Shanghai papers, Federer is already there. I hope that Andy realizes before it's too late in his career that getting to tournaments early for proper preparation is SO vital to success.

Volcanic Tennis
11-07-2005, 03:20 AM
Andy! Good luck in Shanghai! I can't wait to watch his matches on TV :D
I hope his back gets better though...

BTW, if anyone has a messenger, message me :D I had a fascinating conversation with Partygirl about Andy... it was lengthy and detailed :devil:
YIM: Volcanicrain
AIM: Setrima
I have MSN but I'm not comfortable giving it out for alll eyes to see here :) PM Me :)

athena_wu
11-07-2005, 03:32 AM
Why is Marat going to Shanghai? The thing is, Marat is not playing. Andy is, so Marat can go there late and it's fine, maybe he's just going to participate in the opening ceremonies on the 12th and give a press conference.

But Andy would be there to play - he has to get there earlier than the 11th, that would give him less than 2 days to adjust to a HUGE time difference and very different playing conditions, a new stadium that he's never been to before, etc. If he's got any chance to do well in Shanghai, he has to get there before the 11th.

According to the Shanghai papers, Federer is already there. I hope that Andy realizes before it's too late in his career that getting to tournaments early for proper preparation is SO vital to success.

Yes, Deb, that's just my guess ane hope. Hope he will come, even just attend some shows like Marat.

Roger has come. He seems very good shaped. His mother and sister will also come here later. Today, on 7th, Agassi and Nadal will also come to Shanghai.
We have checked the airline that Andy has already booked the 9th tickets with Dean. I thinik the booking is before his injure.

anyway, our plan will not change, i.e. to meet him on 9th at the airport.

Noelle
11-07-2005, 04:32 AM
With Andy you just never know, why don't I have a hard time seeing him going Paris..Austin..Philadelphia..Shanghai:(
I think he gets frequent flyer miles if he charges those plane tickets to his AmEx card. :lol:

rachelzszs
11-07-2005, 05:07 AM
SO SAD!
good luck to you ,Andy@
We've got cheer up, looking forward to his wonderful performance in Shanghai !!!!!!!!
Yes, he will!
Will overwhelms everything!

rachelzszs
11-07-2005, 05:10 AM
Yeah, Freedom, who knows Andy?

I guess maybe he won't come on time. May be he will come like Marat on 11th.
Calm down, relax!
There is no need to worry too much about that , I believe :worship: :worship:
Andy will be Ok, absolutely. God will help him out ! :worship: :worship:
Cross our fingers for him :wavey:

athena_wu
11-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Calm down, relax!
There is no need to worry too much about that , I believe :worship: :worship:
Andy will be Ok, absolutely. God will help him out ! :worship: :worship:
Cross our fingers for him :wavey:

all of us hope so. Andy should come and attend the match.

Hey, your new avator. I like it. :wavey:

Noelle
11-07-2005, 10:52 AM
OMG IT'S A STICKY!

*dies of a heart attack*

Deboogle!.
11-07-2005, 03:12 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, according to Eurosport, the draw is Wednesday..... so Andy does not have that much time to decide whether he is gonna go or not.

guida
11-07-2005, 04:03 PM
OMG IT'S A STICKY!

*dies of a heart attack*

:lol: :lol:

*sigh* Shanghai... not excited about this at all. :awww:

MissFairy
11-07-2005, 05:32 PM
OMG IT'S A STICKY!

*dies of a heart attack*
Ah! Welcome to the MTF Hall of fame (:
Making a sticky here, i believe, is the equivalent of making handprints on the Hollywood Boulevard, so bravo! :kiss:

Golfnduck
11-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Andy please go to Shanghai, I'll give you pizza and beer ;)

Fumus
11-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Blargy...blarg...

I guess it doesn't matter if Andy plays shanghai or not. It would be cool if he did play and then got stuck in Rogers group and then Andy gets to play an out of form Roger....yea..and get a win for some confidence!

His back will be straight by next week. :D

partygirl
11-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Anyway, according to Eurosport, the draw is Wednesday..... so Andy does not have that much time to decide whether he is gonna go or not.

we knew this, but
f u c k !
.....im not happy- oh wait...positive thoughts we think positivley, thats right.

i want shimmying...i want a shanghai surprise and withdrawls dont count :wavey:

Caren
11-07-2005, 10:12 PM
He better be playing, I'm getting sky in my room especially for it (only joking i'm getting it because i'm a spoilt child :)).

Anyway message to Andy,

Please play otherwise you're gonna be sorry...not a threat...a promise ;)

tangerine_dream
11-07-2005, 10:31 PM
I'm currently sticking with my practice of going negative about Andy's prospects. Thanks to my reverse psychology, Andy has won Lyon and almost won Paris. He lost Paris because I broke my concentration and started thinking positively again, hence his bad back. Sorry about that. Back to bad thoughts.

Andy's gonna lose first round to Coria. :o

warmy
11-07-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm currently sticking with my practice of going negative about Andy's prospects. Thanks to my reverse psychology, Andy has won Lyon and almost won Paris. He lost Paris because I broke my concentration and started thinking positively again, hence his bad back. Sorry about that. Back to bad thoughts.

Andy's gonna lose first round to Coria. :o

:sobbing: :timebomb:

Noelle
11-08-2005, 01:57 AM
OK, so Andy was at the charity event (as posted by Tangy in the Pic thread):
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2642186&postcount=2493

:o He'd better play Shanghai.

I only recently saw this article about Paris and I'm not sure it's been posted, so I'm only posting the segment relevant to injured players etc.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2094-1859398,00.html
Firstly, five of the six marquee players of the men’s game offered their apologies in the form of doctor’s certificates. Then, just 17 months after revering Gaston Gaudio as French Open champion, an exasperated Parisian public vented its disgust by booing the Argentine off the court after an embarrassingly half-hearted performance saw him lose without winning a game in the second set of his quarter- final.

Now tournament director Cedric Pioline, denied the services of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Lleyton Hewitt, Marat Safin and Andre Agassi, must placate his sponsors and pacify the paying public by presenting a far from enticing final between an accomplished but hardly charismatic Croat (Ljubicic) and an undeniably talented but unseeded 20-year-old Czech (Tomas Berdych, a 6-1 3-6 6-3 winner over compatriot Radek Stepanek).

Apart from Safin, most are expected to be fit for the grand finale Masters Cup that begins in Shanghai in a week’s time. Not surprisingly, Pioline is questioning his misfortune. As a former top-flight competitor, he understood the reasons but it did not diminish the irritation at being forced to change the posters advertising the event numerous times in recent weeks.

“I am perplexed more than angry,” said the 36-year-old. “But something has to be changed. They (the players) . . . are on a merry-go-round that is getting too fast. I know only too well what it’s like.”

surfpinky
11-08-2005, 02:19 AM
I don't know if this article has been posted...
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,17170058%255E3162,00.html

ANDY Roddick remains in doubt for the Masters Cup in Shanghai and might yet be joined on the sidelines by Lleyton Hewitt.

World No. 3 Roddick is nursing a sore back, while Hewitt is overcoming groin and toe problems.

Roddick and Hewitt will need to confirm their availability in the next 24 hours as Chinese officials prepare for tomorrow's draw and opening ceremony.

The tournament starts on Sunday.

Hewitt, twice a Masters champion and beaten in last season's final by Roger Federer, has not played since the Thailand Open in late September.

He retired from the tournament with a groin strain 45 minutes before he was due to face Thailand's Paradorn Srichaphan in the quarter-finals.

The baseliner then had toe surgery. He has since resumed training in Sydney with coach Roger Rasheed.

Roddick is battling chronic back soreness. If he is unable to recover, he will join Australian Open champion Marat Safin (knee) as a Shanghai absentee.

"I'm not as optimistic as I was two days ago," Roddick said.

"I'll go back (to the US), we'll treat it and if I feel like I can go, I'll go. If not, then I won't."

Federer, Rafael Nadal, Roddick, Hewitt, Andre Agassi, Guillermo Coria and Nikolay Davydenko make up the Shanghai field.

Argentines Gaston Gaudio and David Nalbandian could slot into the field if any of the top eight players withdraw.

Meanwhile, Mark Philippoussis yesterday celebrated his 29th birthday with a career-low season-ending ranking.

With only the Masters Cup to be decided, Philippoussis can do little to improve his ranking of 171st in the world.

Having spent much of another horrid season outside the top 200, Philippoussis will end the year with his flickering career on a knife-edge.

The Wimbledon and US Open finalist last finished with a season-ending mark beyond 150th in 1994 when, at 18, he ranked 304th.

warmy
11-08-2005, 02:24 AM
I may just have to murder him. It will be justified. And Deb, you'll defend me, won't you?

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 02:27 AM
all of us hope so. Andy should come and attend the match.

Hey, your new avator. I like it. :wavey:
:devil: :devil: :devil:
You mean the current one?
I love it too :p :p :p
I still believe Andy wiil be OK, and hope you yourself could stand it even if he won't come. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 02:31 AM
:lol: of course Lauren!

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 02:33 AM
God! a really depressed news

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 02:43 AM
:rolleyes:

Roddick's status questionable for Masters Cup
The Associated Press
Updated: 9:40 p.m. ET Nov. 7, 2005

HERSHEY, Pa. - Andy Roddick said Monday his status is "so-so" for the season-ending Masters Cup next week in China because of back and shoulder injuries.

Roddick played in four exhibition sets Monday night at the Advanta World Team Tennis Smash Hits, an annual charity event benefiting the Elton John AIDS Foundation, and said he was hurting afterward.

"I'm very sore right now," Roddick said after playing two of his matches. "I feel my status is about so-so right now."

The third-ranked Roddick was first hurt Saturday, when he was upset by Ivan Ljubicic 6-3, 7-5 in the semifinals of the Paris Masters.

"My concern is not to play if I'm hurt," Roddick said. "I'm not going to go try to limp through the year on something that's not feeling great. It's really tough to beat the world's best when you're not feeling you're best."

Roddick flew from Paris to his home in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, where the injury was re-evaluted. He is tentatively scheduled to leave for Shanghai on Wednesday.

"I was a lot more optimistic four days ago," he said.

Hosted by John and Billie Jean King, the Advanta event also featured tennis players James and Thomas Blake, Lisa Raymond, Anna Kournikova and Martina Hingis.

snaillyyy
11-08-2005, 02:45 AM
Sounding less and less like Shanghai is going to happen, but WTF was he doing playing that much tonight, if any at all!!!

superpinkone37
11-08-2005, 02:48 AM
Roddick's status questionable for Masters Cup....

And playing an exhibition totally helped his health..

Noelle
11-08-2005, 02:49 AM
Deb, it sounds like that article was written using quotes from Andy's post-match interview. I don't think they actually got any words from him after the charity event.

I think he'll go to Shanghai.

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 02:49 AM
And playing an exhibition totally helped his health..Yeah, FOUR SETS, that was just BRILLIANT.

Noelle, it says he said it tonight...?

partygirl
11-08-2005, 02:55 AM
call me clairvoiant(sp?)
i know how this is gonna go....

even though this year is not so bad the lows are low...just think of the suckest way to end this year...there's your dumbass answer. :sad:

im pissed damn it.

now its his back and shoulder...why pick up a racket im so .... :sad: :mad: :crying2: :fiery: :tape: :help:

Noelle
11-08-2005, 02:58 AM
:hysteric:

renee_chin
11-08-2005, 03:02 AM
"I was a lot more optimistic four days ago," he said.

So, he's less and less optimistic about playing then?! :o

People will understand if you're in pain, Andy... It's OK to skip one of those exhibitions for once... :smash:

Fee
11-08-2005, 03:02 AM
Andy, get to Shanghai so a little Chinese woman can walk on your back and cure your injuries. Thank you.

superpinkone37
11-08-2005, 03:03 AM
Good title change, Noelle :)

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 03:04 AM
So, he's less and less optimistic about playing then?! :o Well, four days ago, he wasn't injured :(

He's not even scheduled to leave til Wednesday, which means he gets there Thursday China time... that's one day before Marat gets there, and MARAT IS NOT PLAYING. Honestly, his lack of preparation for these big events is getting tiring. He should have not done this exhibition and gone directly from Paris. I said it before and I'll say it again, I hope he realizes this shit before it's too late.

Noelle
11-08-2005, 03:05 AM
Grrr. :o

Jennay
11-08-2005, 03:06 AM
Git R Dun, Andy.

snaillyyy
11-08-2005, 03:06 AM
You would think someone on his team would realize how ridiculous it is not to get to these big events in plenty time! I am beginning to wonder if he will ever change :(

partygirl
11-08-2005, 03:07 AM
good title....but i would add

GIT YER GHETTO ASS TO SHANGHAI, YOU DICK!

but thats not very proper, just emotional.

nobama
11-08-2005, 03:08 AM
I don't see Andy going at this point. He doesn't sound like he's up for the long trip knowing he's not 100% fit. But I don't know how playing in this charity match helped his fitness. :shrug:

Winston's Human
11-08-2005, 03:08 AM
Love the title change!!!

Papa Jerry needs to talk some sense into his boy about what is important and what can be passed on.

renee_chin
11-08-2005, 03:10 AM
Well, four days ago, he wasn't injured :(

He's not even scheduled to leave til Wednesday, which means he gets there Thursday China time... that's one day before Marat gets there, and MARAT IS NOT PLAYING. Honestly, his lack of preparation for these big events is getting tiring. He should have not done this exhibition and gone directly from Paris. I said it before and I'll say it again, I hope he realizes this shit before it's too late.

He should've gone directly from Paris. :mad:
This is so damn frustrating. Why isn't anyone setting it straight for him?! Really, what's his problem? Having trouble setting the priority right? :(

nobama
11-08-2005, 03:11 AM
Why did he ever agree to this charity event anyway knowing how close it was to TMC and that TMC was being played in China! I don't think he wants to go...probably because he doesn't think he'd win. :sad:

renee_chin
11-08-2005, 03:12 AM
I don't see Andy going at this point. He doesn't sound like he's up for the long trip knowing he's not 100% fit. But I don't know how playing in this charity match helped his fitness. :shrug:
It's not. It's doing the exact opposite of helping his fitness, actually, but it's probably too vague for him to realise that... :rolleyes: :o

Noelle
11-08-2005, 03:13 AM
ERROR ERROR

Priorities locked

You must have administrator privileges to change this setting.

partygirl
Why did he ever agree to this charity event anyway knowing how close it was to TMC and that TMC was being played in China! I don't think he wants to go...probably because he doesn't think he'd win. :sad:

cause he's a nice dick.
overextended, but nice. :rolleyes:

surfpinky
anna and martina together?

wait, um, ok, seriously, I would be really disappointed in him if he doesn't play in shanghai. If he's hurt, ok, then, why play the charity match? Just show up, don't play if you can't back out of it.
I'm just, ugh, ugh.
mad.

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 03:14 AM
He wants to go, he's never been afraid of losing and he's not gonna start now, that's not who he is and if you really believe that about him, well I dunno. I just don't think that's his style at all.

That said, he wouldn't actually have to play a match til at least a week from today (well, a teeny bit less if you factor in a half-day for the time change:p), if he decides wednesday not to go when he might be ok 5 days later.... that'd be really unfortunate but on the other hand if he leaves any later than Wednesday, he will not possibly be able to properly prepare to be able to do well there anyway.

why did he agree to the event? Because he likes charity events, and also he wants to have a good relationship with Elton, who has helped HIS charity a lot this year. That's the kind of person he is.

Noelle
11-08-2005, 03:17 AM
Andy's such a jerk. And he eats babies too. :ras:

That's why I love him.

surfpinky
11-08-2005, 03:17 AM
sigh.
I just hope he shows up :crying2:, of course, healthy :crying2:

superpinkone37
11-08-2005, 03:19 AM
I can even see why he might play in the charity thing to kinda test out his back, see how it holds up. But he should have told whoever was in charge that he's only going to play as long as his back wasn't bothering him..and then just quit after one set or whenever it started bugging him again.

Even still...we all know how important this charity stuff is to him, and while he's in the middle of it, it might be hard to tell just how bad something's hurting. And I guess if it was me, I'd keep playing too. I don't even know what else to say.

warmy
11-08-2005, 03:20 AM
:lol: of course Lauren!

:wavey: My first name is Cassie. Lauren is actually my middle name.
But you can call me Lauren if you really want too.

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 03:22 AM
:wavey: My first name is Cassie. Lauren is actually my middle name.
But you can call me Lauren if you really want too.:o:o:o Sorry! You said something about being a Lauren before, I knowwwwwwwwwwwww you did :p

AHA I found it :p http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2308269&postcount=59

Sorry for my misinterpretation :(

renee_chin
11-08-2005, 03:23 AM
I don't think him committing to the event has anything to do with him thinking that he can't win. Otherwise, don't even bother qualifying, I'd say. Really...

He's trying to repay Elton John's favour for helping him out, no.1. And he's been committed to this event since like forever... Him and his loyalty and good-heart...

I think he should still make the trip. Maybe the Chinese acupuncture can help him :p

Merton
11-08-2005, 03:23 AM
He wants to go, he's never been afraid of losing and he's not gonna start now, that's not who he is and if you really believe that about him, well I dunno. I just don't think that's his style at all.

That said, he wouldn't actually have to play a match til at least a week from today (well, a teeny bit less if you factor in a half-day for the time change:p), if he decides wednesday not to go when he might be ok 5 days later.... that'd be really unfortunate but on the other hand if he leaves any later than Wednesday, he will not possibly be able to properly prepare to be able to do well there anyway.

why did he agree to the event? Because he likes charity events, and also he wants to have a good relationship with Elton, who has helped HIS charity a lot this year. That's the kind of person he is.

I am sure he committed to this charity event in advance and he did not want to cancel his participation at the last minute but he could go and avoid playing. I hope that the fact that he played implies that his back injury is not that serious. Still, he gets to Shanghai late and i wonder how he would acclimatize properly in such a short time.

The TMC is not like a regular tourney where he might get an easy 1st/2nd round. Even at the best scenario facing Coria, Davydenko and Nadal he needs to be 100% from day 1.

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 03:26 AM
Yes, we first heard about this event months and months ago, and we questioned the timing and scheduling of it then too, I might add.

Last year, this WTT Smash Hits event was in October, BEFORE Madrid (which Andy didn't play anyway)... this year the timing was bad, but it's an event done with Elton many times.

If his injury wasn't that bad and it was just some sore muscle and he felt like it'd be better by next Monday/Tuesday (when he'd have to play his first match), I'd think he'd have just said that "Well they tell me it's some muscle thing and it hurts now but I hope to be ok by next week"...... that's not what he said at all. :( But on the other hand, logic and common sense would suggest that he couldn't possibly be THAT Stupid.......... could he? :o

Noelle
11-08-2005, 03:28 AM
I would SO love for Andy to have a 3-0 Round Robin record, like last year.

nobama
11-08-2005, 03:34 AM

why did he agree to the event? Because he likes charity events, and also he wants to have a good relationship with Elton, who has helped HIS charity a lot this year. That's the kind of person he is.Ok, maybe he's not afraid of losing but he doesn't seem that enthused about TMC. Maybe he's just bummed because he's not 100% fit and his participation is still up in the air. You'd think at this point he would know whether he's going or not. Unless he's still being checked out by doctors? :shrug:

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 03:37 AM
I would say that's more accurate... I mean at the beginning of paris he was all, I want to get some momentum in for Shanghai. He certainly cares and he certainly wants to do well, but fate or whatever has added this new twist. I'm sure he's doing whatever he can to be fit. I imagine if he's still in pain that's too bad to play and if doctors tell him it won't be better by the time he'd have to play, he won't go. I hope he goes and decides later. That's the point of an on-site alternate. It sucks, but I just hope he gives himself the maximum opportunity to play that he possibly can.

warmy
11-08-2005, 03:40 AM
:o:o:o Sorry! You said something about being a Lauren before, I knowwwwwwwwwwwww you did :p

AHA I found it :p http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2308269&postcount=59

Sorry for my misinterpretation :(

I know, I'm only partially super fantastic. :sad:

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 03:41 AM
You're fully super fantastic :D:D:D:D

partygirl
11-08-2005, 03:48 AM
I would say that's more accurate... I mean at the beginning of paris he was all, I want to get some momentum in for Shanghai. He certainly cares and he certainly wants to do well, but fate or whatever has added this new twist. I'm sure he's doing whatever he can to be fit. I imagine if he's still in pain that's too bad to play and if doctors tell him it won't be better by the time he'd have to play, he won't go. I hope he goes and decides later. That's the point of an on-site alternate. It sucks, but I just hope he gives himself the maximum opportunity to play that he possibly can.
you hear that roddick?

damn it deb you are awesome...i believe you have quelled my quickly growing venom after seeing that wtt pic...

will you be my coach?
lifecoach...that might be asking too much :)

athena_wu
11-08-2005, 03:57 AM
OK, so Andy was at the charity event (as posted by Tangy in the Pic thread):
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2642186&postcount=2493

Is he OK?? He seems very well shaped. :rolleyes:

Merton
11-08-2005, 03:58 AM

:hug: I also hope he plays, even though he does not sound very optimistic at the moment. The TMC could be so important for building confidence, just look at Roger after Houston 2003. That back problem came at the most inopportune moment :sad:

liptea
11-08-2005, 04:33 AM
I hope playing in Shanghai doesn't like kill Andy. That would suck.

nkhera1
11-08-2005, 04:39 AM
He should just take the rest of the year off even if the back is just a slight problem. In Shanghai he is facing the top 7 players in the world and its no use going there just to lose easily and probably worsen the back damage. He should just relax fix the back and get to work for next year.

superpinkone37
11-08-2005, 04:41 AM
:sad:

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 04:59 AM
What would happen???
Lleyton won't come? So does Andy?
Oh no!

partygirl
11-08-2005, 05:01 AM
Roddick played in four exhibition sets Monday night and said he was hurting afterward.
good one.

"I'm very sore right now," Roddick said after playing two of his matches..
very smart
:
Roddick flew from Paris to his home in Austin, Texas, on Sunday, .
then to philly?
then shanghai?

call it- time of death_:__
i mean he said just about as much
Roddick said. "I'm not going to go try to limp through the year on something that's not feeling great. It's really tough to beat the world's best when you're not feeling you're best."

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 05:07 AM
I still believe he's Ok for Shanghai !!!!!!!!!!
Don't let me know the bad news

graceless
11-08-2005, 05:19 AM
:wavey:
Hi everybody! I was there tonight - in Hershey. Andy looked good, but he was definitely ready to be done at the end of it. He was totally Andy-ish - very much the goofball, as per usual. But, every time he went hard for a shot, all I could think was "dude - your back!" He picked up a ballgirl at one point... :eek:

Anyway - just wanted to let you guys know...I wasn't sure he'd play, but he was there and playing all night, as you've discovered. I'm not even sure what to hope for as far as him going to Shanghai, except that whatever he decides, that he's going to be smart about it.

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 05:20 AM
thanks graceless, hope you had a good time :)

williaer
11-08-2005, 05:24 AM
:wavey:
Hi everybody! I was there tonight - in Hershey. Andy looked good, but he was definitely ready to be done at the end of it. He was totally Andy-ish - very much the goofball, as per usual. But, every time he went hard for a shot, all I could think was "dude - your back!" He picked up a ballgirl at one point... :eek:

Anyway - just wanted to let you guys know...I wasn't sure he'd play, but he was there and playing all night, as you've discovered. I'm not even sure what to hope for as far as him going to Shanghai, except that whatever he decides, that he's going to be smart about it.
omg that is the luckiest ballgirl ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
tell us more about the charity event please!!!! :)

castaway
11-08-2005, 05:26 AM
Oh, Andy :o
I suppose it's better that I didn't go to the exhibition. As soon as he started playing I would've stood up and just screamed "seriously?! what are you doing?? do you want to hurt yourself more??" I don't think the other people would've appreciated that very much :rolleyes:

But really, if he doesn't at least go to Shanghai, he'll have a lot of explaining to do, not to mention some very angry fans to deal with.

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 05:28 AM
Anyhow, it is really good to hear it ,thank you ,though

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 05:30 AM
Oh, Andy :o
I suppose it's better that I didn't go to the exhibition. As soon as he started playing I would've stood up and just screamed "seriously?! what are you doing?? do you want to hurt yourself more??" I don't think the other people would've appreciated that very much :rolleyes:

But really, if he doesn't at least go to Shanghai, he'll have a lot of explaining to do, not to mention some very angry fans to deal with.
We are cute fans, not angry fans ,anyhow!
I think whatever decision Andy would make ,it is OK!
Hope Andy is always nice and good! :wavey: :wavey: :worship:

snaillyyy
11-08-2005, 05:31 AM
Thanks graceless!!!!!! :D :D

athena_wu
11-08-2005, 05:40 AM
still dunno whether he will come or not. damn him.

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 05:47 AM
:eek: still dunno whether he will come or not. damn him.

Please! don't damn him :o
Anyhow, i dont see you on MSN, where r you :eek:

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 05:48 AM
He will have to decide very soon. We'll know very soon. :)

castaway
11-08-2005, 06:15 AM
According to my super cool time zone converter on my cell phone, Shanghai is 13 hrs. ahead of the east coast, so it's about 2pm over there. And since they're making the draw on Wednesday he'll have to decide within the next 12hrs or so, right?

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 06:17 AM
Something like that, yup indeed :)

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 06:19 AM

yes, absolutey :p

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 06:21 AM
And no matter what, what we can do at the very moment, is waiting and waiting

partygirl
11-08-2005, 06:21 AM
2005 :ras: :wavey:

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 06:26 AM
2005 :ras: :wavey:
2005 is not yet over! :devil:
There are still something to look forward to :worship:

partygirl
11-08-2005, 06:34 AM
2005 is not yet over! :devil:
There are still something to look forward to :worship:

i know :) but right now it looks like the end of my tennis rooting year.

however if enough people pull out of shanghai my boy mariano puerta may get a shot and some u.s television time :clap2:

...i feel my obsession transferring... :sobbing:-not possible :angel:

athena_wu
11-08-2005, 06:44 AM
According to my super cool time zone converter on my cell phone, Shanghai is 13 hrs. ahead of the east coast, so it's about 2pm over there. And since they're making the draw on Wednesday he'll have to decide within the next 12hrs or so, right?

Yep. It's 14:36 now.

The draw ceremony will be held on tomorrow. May be 24 hours later.

AR.COM said that he is tentatively scheduled to leave on Wednesday. that is to say he will arrive in Shanghai on Thursday. :confused:

God. Is he OK?

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 06:51 AM
i know :) but right now it looks like the end of my tennis rooting year.

however if enough people pull out of shanghai my boy mariano puerta may get a shot and some u.s television time :clap2:

...i feel my obsession transferring... :sobbing:-not possible :angel:
:devil: :devil: Mariano is a nice boy , i love him too :p :p
BTW, impossible is nothing :devil: :worship: :wavey: :p ;)

Noelle
11-08-2005, 06:52 AM
No no no... Andy will show up.

He doesn't wig out. He even went to the exo, right?

partygirl
11-08-2005, 07:10 AM
impossible is nothing :devil: :worship: :wavey: :p ;)

au contraire...i know very little for sure, but i know i could never care for a player like i do
the roddick.

but i like the way you think ;)

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 07:14 AM
au contraire...i know very little for sure, but i could never care for a player like i do
the roddick.

yes, the ad for Addidas :p :p :p

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 07:16 AM
au contraire...i know very little for sure, but i could never care for a player like i do
the roddick.

Andy worth it of course :D

Noelle
11-08-2005, 07:23 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4390500.stm
Hewitt pulls out of Masters Cup

Australia's Lleyton Hewitt has withdrawn from this weekend's Masters Cup in Shanghai as he awaits the birth of his first child.

And world number three Andy Roddick has cast doubt over his participation in the season-ending tournament because of back and shoulder injuries.

Hewitt will be replaced by Argentina's Gaston Gaudio, ranked ninth overall.

"With my baby due in the next two weeks, it is not possible for me to come," said Hewitt.

"I wish the event well and am sure it will be a great success and I hope to qualify for next year."

Hewitt has also been nursing a toe injury.

Marat Safin announced last week he will not play because of injury, while Rafael Nadal and Andre Agassi all have injury worries too.

QUALIFIED FOR SHANGHAI
1. Roger Federer
2. Rafael Nadal
3. Andy Roddick
- Lleyton Hewitt*
- Marat Safin*
5. Andre Agassi
6. Guillermo Coria
7. Nikolay Davydenko
8. Ivan Ljubicic
9. Gaston Gaudio
* withdrawn

But Roger Federer has already confirmed he will be fit to defend his title after recovering from an ankle injury.

Roddick was first hurt on Saturday, when he was upset by Ivan Ljubicic in the semi-finals of the Paris Masters.

"I'm very sore right now. I feel my status is about so-so," the third-ranked Roddick said after playing in a charity event in Pennsylvania.

"My concern is not to play if I'm hurt," Roddick said. "I'm not going to go try to limp through the year on something that's not feeling great.

"It's really tough to beat the world's best when you're not feeling you're best."

Agassi has been inactive since losing the US Open final to Federer, and a suspect back means it remains uncertain whether he will play.

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 07:29 AM
"I'm very sore right now. I feel my status is about so-so," the third-ranked Roddick said after playing in a charity event in Pennsylvania.

Oh ,god ,please!

athena_wu
11-08-2005, 07:29 AM
but i know i could never care for a player like i do
the roddick.

ME TOO. Tennis Masters Cup, if without Andy, means nothing to me. :o

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 07:32 AM
Focus on it -----true feeling

Noelle
11-08-2005, 07:38 AM

Oh ,god ,please!
Andy's probably just playing mind games. :p You big kidder, you.

Seriously, I really hope he plays. We'll be finding out in a few hours.

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Andy's probably just playing mind games. :p You big kidder, you.

Seriously, I really hope he plays. We'll be finding out in a few hours.
yep, a big kidder :devil:

rachelzszs
11-08-2005, 07:43 AM
We all want he plays........

Fee
11-08-2005, 09:05 AM
That's just another article using his quotes from Paris. The real news will come out sometime after business hours in Florida on Tuesday morning.

renee_chin
11-08-2005, 10:27 AM
OK. It just occured to me -- IF (I'm saying IF) Andy withdraws from TMC, he's gonna have a valid reason for it, which is resting up so that he can be fit for his own charity event in Dec.! :D :p

Not funny? Sorry... :retard:

Noelle
11-08-2005, 10:38 AM
People are still going on and on in GM about Andy "faking" the injury at Bercy so he has an excuse in advance for not going to Shanghai. :rolleyes:

I wonder... if Andy could see these things being said about him, maybe he'd get angry enough to want to go to Shanghai just to show them all up. :mad:

Angle Queen
11-08-2005, 12:52 PM
People are still going on and on in GM about Andy "faking" the injury at Bercy so he has an excuse in advance for not going to Shanghai. :rolleyes:I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to make an excuse NOT to participate in the Year Ending Championship? Just doesn't compute.

athena_wu
11-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Why AR.com make Hewitt and Andy together on the missing Shanghai title? On the same time, also assure Andy's tentatively schedule flight to Shanghai. FAINT!

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Why AR.com make Hewitt and Andy together on the missing Shanghai title? On the same time, also assure Andy's tentatively schedule flight to Shanghai. FAINT!That article was not written by anyone at AR.com. it is a reposting of an article from another news source - that's why it talks about Hewitt.

All these articles are using the same quotes from last night (at the charity event), there's nothing new yet. And now it's overnight in Shanghai so depending on where the news comes out of, it still may be several hours before we know for sure.

Renee, Andy's charity event isn't til December, that's almost a whole month... so I wouldn't worry about that being on Andy's mind at all.

They wouldn't, Marlene, which is why the statements in GM that suggest as much are so laughable and absolutely ridiculous.

athena_wu
11-08-2005, 03:41 PM
That article was not written by anyone at AR.com. it is a reposting of an article from another news source - that's why it talks about Hewitt.

All these articles are using the same quotes from last night (at the charity event), there's nothing new yet. And now it's overnight in Shanghai so depending on where the news comes out of, it still may be several hours before we know for sure.

Yeah, Deb. I just want to know if it's not written by AR.com itself, that's ok. I don't care what other news say about this thing.

It's midnight now. After may be 10 to 14 hours, the draw ceremony will be open. God, please, Andy,if you want to come, don't hesitate. Shanghai is a good place for travelling. :worship:

tangerine_dream
11-08-2005, 04:14 PM
From Eurosport:

The 2003 year-end world number one,Andy Roddick, will be making his third consecutive appearance at the Masters Cup. A winner of 50 matches in the last four seasons, the American was runner-up at Wimbledon for a second year capturing titles in San Jose, Houston, Queen's Club, Washington and Lyon.

ANDY RODDICK (United States)

Born:Omaha, Nebraska, on 30 August 1982

Professional:Since 2000

Career Singles Titles:20

Career Prize Money:$9,545,516

Highest World Ranking:No 1 (first attained on 3 November 2003)

2005 Win-Loss:59-14

Career Win-Loss:307-94

Andy Roddick was 4-2 in finals this season, finishing runner-up to Switzerland's Roger Federer at Wimbledon and the Cincinnati Masters.

Reached the semi-finals of the Australian Open, losing 3-6 7-6 (7-3) 7-6 (7-4) 6-1 to Australian Lleyton Hewitt.

In Roddick's first four months of the season he won 23 of 27 matches: highlighted by a repeat title in San Jose; his third title in five years on clay in Houston and semi-final showings at Memphis and the Indian Wells Masters.

During European clay-court season reached the Rome Masters third round before a second round exit to Argentina's Jose Acasuso 3-6 4-6 6-4 6-3 8-6.

Roddick played well on the grass-courts (11-1 win-loss), capturing his third straight Queen's Club title and falling to Federer in Wimbledon final for second straight year.

Won 12 of 15 matches on North American hard-courts: Indianapolis (quarter-finals), Washington (winner) and runner-up at the Cincinnati Masters.

On the back of a huge advertising campaign, Roddick arrived at the U.S. Open only to lose to Gilles Muller of Luxembourg 7-6 (7-4) 7-6 (12-10) 7-6 (7-1) in the first round.

In Davis Cup play led the United States back into 2006 World Group by posting wins over Belgium's Christophe Rochus and Olivier Rochus.

Won his fifth title of the year in Lyon, prior to a semi-final exit at the Paris Masters where he injured his back.

Leads ATP statistics for aces (778), service games won (92%) and is ranked second in first serve points won (81%) and break points saved (71%).

Noelle
11-08-2005, 04:27 PM
OH YEAH!

;)

blosson
11-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Is it the confirmation he's going to Shangai? :confused:

renee_chin
11-08-2005, 04:41 PM
People are still going on and on in GM about Andy "faking" the injury at Bercy so he has an excuse in advance for not going to Shanghai. :rolleyes:

I wonder... if Andy could see these things being said about him, maybe he'd get angry enough to want to go to Shanghai just to show them all up. :mad:

I read that earlier too - and the way they're putting it, so analytically, it makes people begin to wonder... But, bottom line is, Andy isn't that kind of person. I mean, if he has to fake an injury, just announce that you default the match. Why put on a display of some sort? People won't shut up anyways?

Thought of giving them a piece of my mind, but, really, it's getting old... It's getting to a point we all sound like broken records, keep on repeating that.

That one particular article definitely has a very misleading headline - the one which Athena mentioned, posted on ar.com as well. It's implying that Andy's out, and Hewitt's following suit. I don't know - I had a strong feeling Hewitt won't play before the word was official, and Andy - I'm still up in the air on that one...

Still nothing on whether he's going or not, playing or not. So, no news is good news, as for now?!

p.s. Deb, yeah - Andy's charity's in Dec. - and it was meant a joke. Didn't turn out how I intended, but, oh well...

Noelle
11-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Awww, Renee :awww: :hug: It was a good joke... just bad timing. ;)

Anyway, I've been going on GM giving them a piece of my mind. :o It's amazing how the negative threads appear every time Andy makes significant progress into a tourney...

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Is it the confirmation he's going to Shangai? :confused:I don't think so - Eurosport is no more accurate with news and stuff than, say, AR.com ;)

Everyone knew that Hewitt wasn't gonna play, the official announcement was a mere formality.

i said my piece in GM And I'm done on that topic, you're right that it's pointless, they read selectively and mold the rest to fit whatever they're trying to hate on Andy about at that moment. You'd think they'd get bored :yawn:

Noelle
11-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Phew! Wouldn't it be tiring to keep hating on a player so much it consumes all your energies? Guess not! ;)

I sincerely, seriously hope that Eurosport was right about this... and that Leo Schlink was wrong in that article AR.com reproduced. (He WAS, after all, that guy who scooped everybody on Andy's impending coaching change last year.)

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Leo Schlink just worded the article poorly, he doesn't actually say that Andy pulled out (at least, I don't think that's what he intended to say. and AR.com just did a poor (and illegal :p) copy/paste job. But I definitely wouldn't go by Eurosport posting a profile on him as proof that he's gonna play. They don't know any more than we do, I don't think.

Anyway, the GM people just have no logic. I mean surely after playing one of the best matches of his life, he'd start losing so all of a sudden he'd concoct this injury and be able to plan how he was gonna do it and what was gonna happen and exactly what the injury would be and he'd be able to fake the looks AND sounds of pain on his face and in his voice and in the way he played and not running after balls and not getting up on his serve or the torque on his forehand..... and he did this all so that he would have an excuse JUSTINCASE he lost. yes, this all makes perfect logical sense :retard:

tangerine_dream
11-08-2005, 05:03 PM
they read selectively and mold the rest to fit whatever they're trying to hate on Andy about at that moment. You'd think they'd get bored :yawn:
Nobody is bored by Andy. Andy is EXCITING and GOOD for tennis. :bounce: Look at Tennischick: she is obsessed with him b/c she's always talking about him. Her life would be empty without him :lol: And I see that MTF has some new Fedtard fans who spend all their time talking about Andy, too. :banana:

At we all know, Tennis is BORING without Andy. :D

btw, I do think that he will go to Shanghai, sore back or not. He will just have a trainer work on him every day. He probably pulled or strained something but not bad enough to make him bedridden. And everyone knows that if Andy hears the words "Charity", he will show up and do what he can, even if it's in crutches. ;)

It's Roger that I'm still concerned about. I really cannot believe that he is going to try to play on that ankle. I don't want to see him reinjure himself. :scared:

renee_chin
11-08-2005, 05:06 PM
I think, it's too hard for some people to accept the fact that Andy CAN play and he CAN win matches, especially when he has to fight off some tough situations -- it's just sad... :)

Winston's Human
11-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Plus, a lot of the GMers are still disappointed that their man Ljubo could not pull off the victory on Sunday.

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Plus, a lot of the GMers are still disappointed that their man Ljubo could not pull off the victory on Sunday.And towards that end, it is better for their psyches to think that Ljubicic beat a healthy and faking Andy with only one break per set than a injured Andy whose movement and shots were severely hindered:p

tangerine_dream
11-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Fluke win for Ljubo. :devil:

Golfnduck
11-08-2005, 05:33 PM
I'm thinking Andy will go. He rarely pulls out of tournaments unless it is a serious injury. I don't think Dean and Doug would let him play a charity match if it was really serious.

partygirl
11-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Fluke win for Ljubo. :devil:

you know it :devil: :devil:

plus if they LOVE to HATE you...you must be doing something right
sing it again andy! (it should be his theme)

"im not your bitch... don't hang your shit on me!"

DJ dropshot
11-08-2005, 09:11 PM
I know Deb usually psts the news but I couldn't wait to share -

From Fox Sports Australia:

There was better news for Tennis Masters Cup officials in Shanghai yesterday when world No.3 Andy Roddick shrugged off a back injury and declared himself fit.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17185876-23216,00.html

Golfnduck
11-08-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm guessing no news is good news at this point. As Noelle says "Andy, git yer ass to Shanghai!!!!"
edit: thanks DJ dropshot for the article :yeah:

DJ dropshot
11-08-2005, 09:15 PM
I hope it is true - not so much that he's going (wouldn't want him to risk injury), but that he's fit.

Foxsports is usually reliable.

Carito_90
11-08-2005, 09:25 PM
btw, I do think that he will go to Shanghai, sore back or not. He will just have a trainer work on him every day. He probably pulled or strained something but not bad enough to make him bedridden. And everyone knows that if Andy hears the words "Charity", he will show up and do what he can, even if it's in crutches. ;)

I think so too. He wouldn't miss it...

DJ dropshot, thanks so much for the article! I really hope its true...

partygirl
11-08-2005, 09:27 PM
i was just gonna post that ;)

i think its funny last night he was sore and somewhat in pain...now he's shrugging it off?

again, very smart.
but he would know better than I

so id love to stand corrected.

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 12:40 AM
I know Deb usually psts the news but I couldn't wait to share -lol!! Never wait to post news for my sake. The news itself is what's important, not who posts it. Thanks :D :D :DFrom Fox Sports Australia:

There was better news for Tennis Masters Cup officials in Shanghai yesterday when world No.3 Andy Roddick shrugged off a back injury and declared himself fit.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17185876-23216,00.htmlAnd what good news it is indeed. Leo Schlink, while his piece yesterday was poorly-written, is generally pretty with it. :) :yeah: :banana:

surfpinky
11-09-2005, 12:41 AM
:yippee:

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 12:46 AM
oh no

I don't know Spanish but.....

http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2647241&postcount=107

So what do we believe now...

zoltan83
11-09-2005, 12:49 AM
I read this post too...And I don't know what I've to think :confused: :sad:

snaillyyy
11-09-2005, 12:49 AM
:( my gosh I wish we knew what the truth is.

Jennay
11-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Is that source reliable? :s

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Leo Schlink is generally reliable, but I think Marca is also a major Spanish newspaper...

I mean, I dunno :(

Jennay
11-09-2005, 12:53 AM
I mean, the article says nothing new, but they seem pretty sure that Andy is out. :shrug:

I hope not. :(

PinkFeatherBoa
11-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Now I'm just lost for words. I really think Andy is gonna play, though.

partygirl
11-09-2005, 12:55 AM
andy?

dude...im having a major WTF moment(s)

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 01:03 AM
Another article from the biggest paper in Argentina....
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2005/11/08/um/m-01086123.htm

:( really does not look good.

surfpinky
11-09-2005, 01:04 AM
:(

PinkFeatherBoa
11-09-2005, 01:06 AM
ew. ):

snaillyyy
11-09-2005, 01:06 AM
:( not sounding good......

Noelle
11-09-2005, 01:19 AM
:help:

Phunkadelicious
11-09-2005, 01:20 AM
whats happening with Andy? is he not going to play

partygirl
11-09-2005, 01:20 AM
it shouldnt be this hard to figure out...i mean either he's going or he's not...either he will decide there or he wont???

i dont have any info but ive got my answer...i had it yesterday.

*sings* "so were waiting...why are we waiting, why are we waiting"
sing it with me

tangerine_dream
11-09-2005, 01:22 AM
:( my gosh I wish we knew what the truth is.
As far as I'm concerned, if we haven't heard any *official* word yet that Andy is out, then he's still going. :)

Noelle
11-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Why is the news coming from Argentina and Australia--and not from the US?

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 01:23 AM
As far as I'm concerned, if we haven't heard any *official* word yet that Andy is out, then he's still going. :)Typically I'd agree, except for 2 things:

~the articles saying he's pulled out have all been posted within the hour
~the Argentine press has no reason to lie as it directly involves one of their players.

Noelle, b/c the US doesn't care about tennis. lol.

RodLo
As far as I'm concerned, if we haven't heard any *official* word yet that Andy is out, then he's still going. :)

My thoughts exactly. :yeah: I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for good news.

Jennay
Why is the news coming from Argentina and Australia--and not from the US?
Because no one cares about tennis here.

Phunkadelicious
11-09-2005, 01:25 AM
there is a new thread in GM by Mangoes, maybe you guys should take a look

Jennay
11-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Noelle, b/c the US doesn't care about tennis. lol.
:rolleyes: :o

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 01:27 AM
there is a new thread in GM by Mangoes, maybe you guys should take a lookAll I need to know is that it's in GM and was started by mangoes to know I don't want to take a look. :)

NicoFan
11-09-2005, 01:27 AM
For what it is worth, I read it in the Chilean papers.

I'm so disappointed. I really had high hopes for Andy in Shanghai.

Phunkadelicious
11-09-2005, 01:28 AM
All I need to know is that it's in GM and was started by mangoes to know I don't want to take a look. :)

:) good enuf for me

+alonso
11-09-2005, 01:29 AM
Yeah Terra online posted it! :eek:
Let's hope it's not true..

NicoFan
11-09-2005, 01:30 AM
All the GM post is the link for the article in the Chilean papers - Latercera.cl.

So its safe to go there...lol!

Noelle
11-09-2005, 01:31 AM
I'm hiding from GM. This is gonna be a shitstorm of Katrina proportions. :help:

Phunkadelicious
11-09-2005, 01:33 AM
shitstorm of Katrina proportions. :help:

And the American Lexicon Grows and Grows :)

NicoFan
11-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Here's the part from the latercera.cl article about Andy not going to Shanghai (sorry its a translation):

The American Andy Roddick will not be presented to play the Masters Cup of Shanghai, for which its place will be occupied by the Argentine David Nalbandian, that figured until today as first acting.

The desertion of Roddick, who suffers from a lumbar problem, was confirmed today by a source of first line of the male circuit of tennis.

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 01:34 AM
It seems like all these Spanish-speaking sources (and so far it is only spanish-speaking sources) are generally saying the same thing and getting the info from the same (as yet unnamed) sources. still nothing in any english-speaking news, American or elsewhere.

And if this stuff is accurate, it really hurts Leo Schlink's credibility, and he's one of the best tennis writers in the world - he broke the news first that Andy ditched Brad last year... I mean he knows his stuff and this makes no sense.

acoffeygirl
11-09-2005, 01:36 AM
sigh... :sad:

Phunkadelicious
11-09-2005, 01:47 AM
if Andy doesn't go to TMC, i think we should all get together and bake him a big Get Well cake and bring it to him http://yelims2.free.fr/Fete/Danseurs.gif

DJ dropshot
11-09-2005, 01:53 AM
It seems like all these Spanish-speaking sources (and so far it is only spanish-speaking sources) are generally saying the same thing and getting the info from the same (as yet unnamed) sources. still nothing in any english-speaking news, American or elsewhere.

And if this stuff is accurate, it really hurts Leo Schlink's credibility, and he's one of the best tennis writers in the world - he broke the news first that Andy ditched Brad last year... I mean he knows his stuff and this makes no sense.

I've Google news'd every language/news source. Nothing but the one that's been mentioned - the Reuters of South America? And the source they state is shaky to me. I've also checked the Masters site in Chinese - nothing. Not even the Swiss papers, and you'd think they'd all be there following Roger around this week. So I remain hopeful.

nobama
11-09-2005, 01:55 AM
Ok, AR.com step up to the plate and provide us some reliable news. Isn't that what Andy's official site should be for?

Noelle
11-09-2005, 01:56 AM
Thanks DJ dropshot. :rocker2: Hope lives on.

Noelle
11-09-2005, 01:58 AM
Ok, AR.com step up to the plate and provide us some reliable news. Isn't that what Andy's official site should be for?
We all know they don't really do THAT, right? ;)

tangerine_dream
11-09-2005, 02:06 AM
~the articles saying he's pulled out have all been posted within the hour
That doesn't mean anything. Several news sources have been "reporting" on Andy's withdrawal all day long.

~the Argentine press has no reason to lie as it directly involves one of their players.
The Argentine press would love to see another one of their own get into the MC draw so their reportage is questionable, imo. I repeat: there has been no OFFICIAL word yet on his withdrawal.

I don't understand why people are jumping the gun on this. :confused:

Golfnduck
11-09-2005, 02:10 AM
I think if Andy was officially out, the ATP tennis site would have something up. The TMC doesn't have anything out either. Someone get Andy's ass on the phone.

NicoFan
11-09-2005, 02:10 AM
I put a message on to Tennis Week's message board - they tend to check it early in the morning eastern time.

Probably will come out - true or false - somewhere else before then but just in case.

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 02:17 AM
I've Google news'd every language/news source. Nothing but the one that's been mentioned - the Reuters of South America? And the source they state is shaky to me. I've also checked the Masters site in Chinese - nothing. Not even the Swiss papers, and you'd think they'd all be there following Roger around this week. So I remain hopeful.I know, it's all coming from one source.

Athena is from China and she says the news there is contrary.

Who knows what to believe at this point :sobbing:

DJ dropshot
11-09-2005, 02:20 AM
Now for a moment of brevity in all this drama:

Andy translates to "peacefully enlightens" on the China Masters Series site.

Noelle
11-09-2005, 02:24 AM
I'm staying online until I find out for sure whether Andy's going to Shanghai or not (so I can change the thread title appropriately). ;)

Noelle
11-09-2005, 02:25 AM
Now for a moment of brevity in all this drama:

Andy translates to "peacefully enlightens" on the China Masters Series site.
:hearts:

:wavey: I know you said your real first name on one of the other threads, but I forgot. :)

athena_wu
11-09-2005, 02:27 AM
One of the Journalist on sina.com.cn said that the an ATP official named Iggy who has a close relationship with players. He said that Andy had contacted with him these days. The reporter asked him the same question again and Iggy gave him an answer that is Andy will come to Shanghai play the match.

Another news also from this website said that Roddick's Shanghai trip was unsure. If he won't come, Nalby will replace his place.

So, which to believe? No news is good news. The draw ceremony will open. I think it's in the afternoon. May be 14:00 here. Andy has no time now.

nobama
11-09-2005, 02:28 AM
photos from last night....Andy :smash:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/jsnash/Misc/6432532rfederer.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/jsnash/Misc/6432527rfederer.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/jsnash/Misc/6432525rfederer.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/jsnash/Misc/6432523rfederer.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/jsnash/Misc/6432522rfederer.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/jsnash/Misc/6432518rfederer.jpg

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 02:28 AM
it's official now

http://www.masters-cup.com/en/news/2005/nalbandian_in.asp

Nalbandian Replaces Roddick in Shanghai Field

A lower back injury has sidelined World No. 3 Andy Roddick, forcing him to withdraw from Tennis Masters Cup Shanghai. Roddick sustained the injury on Friday during his quarterfinal match versus David Ferrer at the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris.

The 23-year-old American was to make his third consecutive appearance at the $4.45 million circuit finale, which begins this Sunday at the new Qi Zhong Stadium. Roddick owns a 5-3 record in the event and reached the semifinals of Tennis Masters Cup Houston in both 2003-04.

"Though I have tried to continue with practice, the lower back spasms continue,” said Roddick. “After being evaluated by medical staff upon my return to the United States, it is now clear that I am not able to resume tennis-activities for 10-14 days.

“I apologize to the loyal fans and sponsors that have expected my participation in Tennis Masters Cup. It is an honor for me to have qualified for this event for the third-straight year. I realize the tremendous amount of time and effort the ATP and the Chinese government have spent on the event, and know it will be a huge success. I look forward to getting healthy, starting my off-season workouts for the 2006 season, and working towards qualifying for Shanghai next year.”

Roddick’s injury translated into David Nalbandian’s good fortune. The Argentine, who had a strong circuit finish that included back-to-back semifinal appearances in Masters Series Madrid and Basel, was elevated from his alternate status to a berth in the elite eight-man field. The Argentine titled in Munich this year, and was one of three players along with Roger Federer and Lleyton Hewitt to reach the quarterfinals or better in three Grand Slam tournaments.

Nalbandian played in the 2003 Masters Cup, and is the third Argentine to qualify for this year’s finale, joining countrymen Guillermo Coria and Gaston Gaudio. The other contenders set to take the stage in Shanghai include World No. 1 Federer, Spanish teen sensation Rafael Nadal, 12-time circuit finale competitor Andre Agassi, and first-time qualifiers Nikolay Davydenko and Ivan Ljubicic.

Tennis Masters Cup Doubles will be played concurrent with the singles final in Shanghai. Teams competing are Bob Bryan/Mike Bryan and Jonas Bjorkman/Max Mirnyi – who are locked in a battle for year-end No. 1 honors - Wayne Black/Kevin Ullyett, Mark Knowles/Daniel Nestor, Leander Paes/Nenad Zimonjic, Michael Llodra/Fabrice Santoro, Wayne Arthurs and Paul Hanley and Wimbledon champions Wesley Moodie and Stephen Huss.

snaillyyy
11-09-2005, 02:30 AM
:o :(

Noelle
11-09-2005, 02:32 AM
Everybody run. :bolt:

Phunkadelicious
11-09-2005, 02:33 AM
:crying2: http://yelims3.free.fr/Grrrrrrrrrrrr/Grrrr10.gif http://yelims3.free.fr/Grrrrrrrrrrrr/Grrrr14.gif

Carito_90
11-09-2005, 02:33 AM
I'm so pissed off and sad right now. So very. :sad:

Phunkadelicious
11-09-2005, 02:34 AM
me too Carito, me too

Phunkadelicious
11-09-2005, 02:34 AM
what if, oh god, Ljubidick walks away with the title :scared:

snaillyyy
11-09-2005, 02:36 AM
major disappointment :mad: :mad: but why am I not feeling too surprised :(

Volcanic Tennis
Oh... Andy... :sad: Poor Andy :sad: Well... I don't know what to think. I thought I'd finally get to watch him on TV, play against these other people but... sigh. No... Of course not.

Well... 2005 was an okay year. These off months better translate to an excellent 2006 ^^

Noelle
I suppose I jinxed it by making the Shanghai thread. :o

athena_wu
11-09-2005, 02:37 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad:
Andy, you really hurt me. I have prepared presents for you.
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Winston's Human
11-09-2005, 02:37 AM
Suddenly, I have lost interest in the YEC.

I always presumed that Fed would win, but now I cannot generate interest enough to root for someone to challenge him.

Volcanic Tennis
11-09-2005, 02:38 AM
Nuh-uh! Not your fault at all Noelle. The blue cows decided to step on Andy's back and screw us all over. :sad:

Volcanic Tennis
11-09-2005, 02:38 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad:
Andy, you really hurt me. I have prepared presents for you.
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Oh... Athena_wu, I feel so bad for you :sad: I know exactly how you feel... or almost... :hug:

Noelle
11-09-2005, 02:39 AM
:awww: Athena... :sad:

Golfnduck
11-09-2005, 02:40 AM
WTF Andy :fiery: Why did he play in a charity exo last night if he was hurt?? Fed or ITT will take the title now :mad:

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 02:41 AM

I always presumed that Fed would win, but now I cannot generate interest enough to root for someone to challenge him.Well considering most of it was gonna take place overnight here, at lesat we don't have to worry about having to follow matches at odd hours or try to sleep through them or whatever :o

Volcanic Tennis
11-09-2005, 02:42 AM
Well considering most of it was gonna take place overnight here, at lesat we don't have to worry about having to follow matches at odd hours or try to sleep through them or whatever :o

Isn't that what's fun? :LOL:

renee_chin
11-09-2005, 03:04 AM
Isn't that what's fun? :LOL:
That's the best part - figuring out the time difference, scouting for tv broadcast or scoreboards...

Oh well... :o :sad:

Havok
11-09-2005, 03:06 AM
Easily one of THE WORST TMC events ever. Personally I don't think the exhibition should be to blame. Yeah it didn't entirely help either, but him participating in it made him realize that no his back wouldn't be in proper shape to perform at a high level for the TMC. The likes of Davydenko/Ljubicic/Gausio/Nalbandian/Coria ALL in one TMC, oh help me god :bigcry:.

partygirl
11-09-2005, 03:06 AM
i knew it! :sad:
last night was it for me i knew it was over...

so now andrew has 2 months off huh, well you better win the australian open with all this rest or i'll cut ya, but not on the face :armed:

doubledamn and i was so loving the idea of getting to watch andy on tv again for the first time really since the open....oh thats right he was'nt at the open either-
he's got time off...calling all ho's, calling all ho's :wavey:please don't go ho crazy...until i get to austin :rolleyes:

NicoFan
11-09-2005, 03:07 AM

Me too. :sad:

I was rooting for Andy and Rafa, but don't think that Rafa has a chance.

No one else interests me except Andre, and don't think he has a chance either.

So why watch. :shrug:

I really thought that this was Andy's opportunity to win. :sad: Roger coming off injury, too fast a surface for Rafa, who knows how Andre is feeling, and Ivan is tired. Not impressed with the others to win it.

Will probably be Roger...he always manages to win it despite everything. :sad:

tangerine_dream
11-09-2005, 03:12 AM
So it's official now then? That's a damn shame. :sad: I hope people don't jump on Andy for doing that charity thing yesterday. For all we know, he was probably suffering from spasms then, too, but as usual, his strong sense of obligation wins out over common sense. I just can't fault him for this.

Athena :hug: I'm so sorry you won't get to see Andy this year. :awww: That's a big disappointment. Hopefully, he will be able to make it next year.

Boy, this TMC is a dud. I'll bet the organizers are pissed. I still don't think Roger will be able to play and even if he does try to play, he's not going to win. I don't think his ankle could take so much abuse all week long. :sad:

The likes of Davydenko/Ljubicic/Gausio/Nalbandian/Coria ALL in one TMC, oh help me god :bigcry:.
:haha: You crack me up Naldo. You know what's sad? Half of these guys don't deserve to be there.