Ljubicic cooks a DUCK in just over an hour 6:3 7:5 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Ljubicic cooks a DUCK in just over an hour 6:3 7:5

El Legenda
11-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Next :drive:

for being a duck, he cooked pretty fast

Rogiman
11-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Ajmo Ivan.

RonE
11-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Ivan!!!!! :worship: :woohoo:

Shame it was a bit of a lame Duck, but it was a quality cookout nevertheless :D

adee-gee
Seeing as Andy could barely move, its hardly surprising.

Fergie
Ivan! :worship: :worship: :worship:

El Legenda
11-05-2005, 03:11 PM

:haha: is that the best u can do. probly faking the back injury :) Ivan was dead tired, and u wanna talk about barely moving. NEXT

RaVeR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Done Ivan

good luck in final!
and please win the master series trophy now!

mini155
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Rogiman
11-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Here come the excuses.

It looks like you collect your ballbashers just to make excuses later.

Action Jackson
Well it was a slightly wounded Duck, but just hope Ivan doesn't get bird flu from this hunt.

Jimnik
Congrats to Ljubo

Andy :sad: :sad:

Jennay
Nice playing, Ivan - congratulations. :)

Andy :hug: Hopefully his back will be OK for Shanghai.

Grinder
11-05-2005, 03:13 PM
:haha: is that the best u can do. probly faking the back injury :)

No, I watched the match. He was clearly in pain, he could not run around in a rally for more than 3 or 4 shots. Ivan played amazing though, and if he plays like this, then he start next week as number 6 in the world. Ivan looked completely fresh, mentally and physically.

adee-gee
:haha: is that the best u can do. probly faking the back injury :) Ivan was dead tired, and u wanna talk about barely moving. NEXT
Yes Andy was faking. He clearly thought there was no chance he could beat Ivan, so he feigned an injury and didn't move properly. Grow up :rolleyes:

Peoples
Andy was injured, so he couldn't really put up a fight :(

Jimnik
11-05-2005, 03:14 PM
U know right to the end, even when Ivan broke at 6-5 in the 2nd, I thought Andy might pull off another miracle. Bit disappointed with the way it ended.

El Legenda
Yes Andy was faking. He clearly thought there was no chance he could beat Ivan, so he feigned an injury and didn't move properly. Grow up :rolleyes:

yeah your right, he's back probly hurt during DC too

croat123
Ivan (w-ue): 38-17
Duck (w-ue): 14-19
Total points: 64-44
Ivan's first serve - 90%
Ivan's second serve- 86%
Duck's first serve- 78%
Duck's second serve- 45%
Ivan (aces-df): 15-1
Duck (aces-df): 10-1

adee-gee
Here come the excuses.

It looks like you collect your ballbashers just to make excuses later.
I presume you didn't see the match. It's not an excuse its a fact. Andy was clearly struggling, and probably shouldn't have played but to his credit he fought pretty well.

Rogiman
11-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Good one.

Herceg Novi
11-05-2005, 03:15 PM
to Ivce!!!!!!!

i think Ivan can win in Shanghai too
he has the beating of Federer

star
11-05-2005, 03:16 PM
:hatoff: Ivan

Now it would be good to win the tournament and stick a Masters shield on your shelf.

Rogiman
I presume you didn't see the match. It's not an excuse its a fact. Andy was clearly struggling, and probably shouldn't have played but to his credit he fought pretty well.
Alright.

I was kidding BTW.

adee-gee
Go and get your eyes tested. No he was fine during DC, Ivan won that fair and square.

aceit
Oh wow I, along with many Andy fans, am so upset you figured him out.
Andy's really okay, he was just faking because Ivan is FAR superior to him in all ways whatsoever.
Please, Ivan would beat him if he had one leg and Andy was playing like it's the summer of 2003.

Saumon
but Andy is really smart, he started to fake the injury yesterday, thinking we wouldnt notice it was for the Ljubo's match :rolleyes:

btw the match was :yawn:

Billabong
11-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Ivan:woohoo:!!!!!!!!!!!! GO tomorrow:D!

Peoples
11-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Andy would have won if he had been 100% but unfortunately he wasn't.

Jimnik
11-05-2005, 03:18 PM
Andy was really hurting but he still could have won. He should have served and volleyed more and he could have tried to chip and charge during Ivan' service games. He was never going to win from the back of the court today.

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 03:19 PM
but Andy is really smart, he started to fake the injury yesterday, thinking we wouldnt notice it was for the Ljubo's match :rolleyes:

btw the match was :yawn:
Indeed, indeed he did. Unfortunately some of our Croatian friends are cleverer than Andy imagined, so he hasn't got away with it.

kali_puerta_fan
11-05-2005, 03:19 PM
As much as I hate him...Ivan playes a great tennis, damn it!

El Legenda
11-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Oh wow I, along with many Andy fans, am so upset you figured him out.
Andy's really okay, he was just faking because Ivan is FAR superior to him in all ways whatsoever.
Please, Ivan would beat him if he had one leg and Andy was playing like it's the summer of 2003.

some of you cant take a joke can you. besides if this was other way around, you would of been saying same thing. SO STFU and GO HOME. CUZ we are having DUCK for lunch.

asotgod
11-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Great match by Ljubo. Now go win the title!

Jimnik
11-05-2005, 03:22 PM
As much as I hate him...Ivan playes a great tennis, damn it!
Indeed.
Unfortunately, I don't hate him quite as much as I respect him.

croat123
11-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Andy would have won if he had been 100% but unfortunately he wasn't.
:rolleyes:
he couldn't touch ivan's serve. the best he did was 15-30, once. ivan hit 4 winners in a row to break the duck's serve in the second set.

maybe it would have been closer, but ivan was too good today

Action Jackson
11-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Roddick took the court ready to play and won't be making any injury excuses cause he lost the match, he was fit enough to play, then he is fit enough to take the consequences.

Rogiman
11-05-2005, 03:25 PM
SO STFU and GO HOME. CUZ we are having DUCK for lunch.
I couldn't have said it any better myself.

El Legenda
11-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Ljubicic was not a 100% himself, knee taped and he was tired as hell

tennismaster882001
11-05-2005, 03:27 PM
Roddick took the court ready to play and won't be making any injury excuses cause he lost the match, he was fit enough to play, then he is fit enough to take the consequences.

:yeah:

aceit
11-05-2005, 03:28 PM
some of you cant take a joke can you. besides if this was other way around, you would of been saying same thing. SO STFU and GO HOME. CUZ we are having DUCK for lunch.
Of course I can take a joke, that's why I replied in such a vitriolic manner.

Actually, if I were saying these things (which I wouldn't have) it would be where no fans of Ljubo would be offended.

I take no offense to your rude remarks because they're just so damn funny.
"SO STFU and GO HOME" come on, like that one's never been said before.

Oh wow duck for lunch? Can you set an extra table setting for me?

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Yes agreed, but Andy's back was clearly a deciding factor in the match, no doubt about it.

El Legenda
11-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Oh wow duck for lunch? Can you set an extra table setting for me?

no problem, what would you like to drink? diet pepsi? coke?

Peoples
11-05-2005, 03:31 PM
:rolleyes:
he couldn't touch ivan's serve. the best he did was 15-30, once. ivan hit 4 winners in a row to break the duck's serve in the second set.

maybe it would have been closer, but ivan was too good today
That's what was wrong, he let Ljubicic into this rhythm which would have been much different if Andy had been really competitive and not injured. With the exception of Federer Andy can normally take on anyone's game.

adee-gee
That's because he's a relatively good loser, unlike his opponent today.

Jimnik
So many childish people here. Injuries, fake injuries, blah, blah, blah...

RogiFan88
11-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Well done, Ivan!

twahumboldt
11-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Ivan just toyed with him, and the great thing is he baited Roddick into playing the entire match. Good job Luba!

Action Jackson
That's because he's a relatively good loser, unlike his opponent today.

Unless a player has a massive injury like say Zabaleta did in Monte Carlo this year or go down in pain and can't play on and have been carried off, then it's hard to justify using an injury excuse for losing a match, if someone is that injured, then don't play.

As I said Duckboy will more than likely not say it was a factor and he knows the deal.

RickDaStick
Adee-gee When did you become a Roddick lover? Nothing wrong with that, just curios?

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 03:36 PM
As I said Duckboy will more than likely not say it was a factor and he knows the deal.
Agreed, thats why I like him. I just feel the need to keep Jerry in his place.

Let's not forget Ivan's comments after the US Open match the other year.

Papakori
11-05-2005, 03:36 PM
yay! :yippee:

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Adee-gee When did you become a Roddick lover? Nothing wrong with that, just curios?
I'm far from a lover. I used to like him, and went off him for a while because he became a bit different but now I like him again. I'm just anti-Ivan :p

Action Jackson
11-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Agreed, thats why I like him. I just feel the need to keep Jerry in his place.

Well he is already next in line for the Pope's job after his great act in Rome and nearly any player will say that and the ones that use injuries as an excuse, unless under extreme circumstances, well less said the better.

Different circumstances at the US Open with Ljubo. No, I am not saying what he said was right, it's not the same thing, he expressed an opinion, doesn't mean people have to like it.

Jimnik
11-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Exactly. Andy would never make those sorts of comments after a match.

RickDaStick
11-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Exactly. Andy would never make those sorts of comments after a match.

Of Course not, Andy is an angel afterall.

Jimnik
11-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Different circumstances at the US Open with Ljubo. No, I am not saying what he said was right, it's not the same thing, he expressed an opinion, doesn't mean people have to like it.
What was so "different" about the US Open? He lost a close match and had to let out a few sour grapes. The truth is, if the situation had been reversed, Andy would not have made those comments.

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 03:48 PM
What was so "different" about the US Open? He lost a close match and had to let out a few sour grapes. The truth is, if the situation had been reversed, Andy would not have made those comments.
Agreed.

Horatio Caine
11-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Duck was blinded by the light shining from Ivan's head :shrug:

Paialii
I'm normally one to be sympathetic toward the injured guy, but I must say that after watching so much of the women's game this past year, and after seeing so many excuses by the women players that they were injured, I have to say that this win was earned by Ljubicic.

I watched the match, and yes you could very much tell Andy was hampered by the back injury, and that he was fighting on will alone, but he should have been real with himself and said "You know what, I can't win playing like this."

All injuries aside, the RESPECTFUL thing to do is give credit to the winner for a good solid win and give him credit to what he did right, and then to give credit separately to Andy for playing through any pain to give the audience a match.

I haven't read a post-match interview with Andy yet, however I can almost guarantee (like GeorgeWHitler said) that Andy won't be making any excuses for himself, which is something I consider very commendable. Better luck next time, Andy, and I hope you'll feel better soon. Good win, Ljubicic, and good luck in the final. :)

Action Jackson

Well Ljubo wasn't injured was he? There was a hometown call against him at a vital moment in the match, something that happens regularly, he wasn't good enough to win the match when he had his chances, therefore Roddick deserved to win.

I never said his comments were correct, blaming a loss on injuries and questioning the integrity of officials aren't the same thing. I have already explained why injuries shouldn't be used an excuse when taking the court. How do you know that Roddick wouldn't say something like that, it's not like he has never made negative comments before.

As I said earlier he won't be using injury as an excuse for his loss, and that's good enough.

Action Jackson
11-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Is the Duck faking?

http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2005-11-05T155105Z_01_PAB03D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS-PARIS.jpg

DhammaTiger
11-05-2005, 03:56 PM
Congratulations to ljubicic, who is not a favourite of mine at all, and well done at the end of the year. I wonder, how anyone can serve ten aces with a back injury? Roddick fans just accept the fact that the better player won and quit making excuses.

Paialii
11-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Is the Duck faking?

http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2005-11-05T155105Z_01_PAB03D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS-PARIS.jpg

I don't think anyone truly believes Andy was faking the injury -- this is two days and two matches it's been bugging him. This only leads me to believe that he shouldn't have played the match at all, but I guess sometimes the passion of playing overrides the pain.

Paialii
11-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Congratulations to ljubicic, who is not a favourite of mine at all, and well done at the end of the year. I wonder, how anyone can serve ten aces with a back injury? Roddick fans just accept the fact that the better player won and quit making excuses.

Because there's much more to his serve than his lower back. The rest of your post I agree with. :)

Action Jackson
Just thought I'd post a pic, so people can it for themselves and no I did not enhance this pic.

adee-gee
I never said his comments were correct, blaming a loss on injuries and questioning the integrity of officials aren't the same thing. I have already explained why injuries shouldn't be used an excuse when taking the court. How do you know that Roddick wouldn't say something like that, it's not like he has never made negative comments before.

+ "I don't like him. I mean, not me -- nobody in the locker room likes his acting on the court. I mean, he's a good player. He's going to win a lot of matches, but not because he's like that. It's just that we don't like it. Because nobody acts like that. He's the only one. He doesn't respect the others. That's all I can say."

Jimnik
11-05-2005, 04:01 PM
+ "I don't like him. I mean, not me -- nobody in the locker room likes his acting on the court. I mean, he's a good player. He's going to win a lot of matches, but not because he's like that. It's just that we don't like it. Because nobody acts like that. He's the only one. He doesn't respect the others. That's all I can say."
Were those Ivan's comments?

darnyelb
11-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Duck has a about a week of rest now. Good for him to get a win in yesterday's match, but unfortunately the run was not to go further.

Considering the run Ivan had early this year, I'm happy with him being the one other Shield winner of '05 if he wins tomorrow.

mini155
11-05-2005, 04:03 PM
OMG, yuo should all stop fighting about this injury thing and about would have happened if both were 100% fit. Each match is played under different circumstances and thats just the way it is... And none of your "what if..."-predictions are going to change the fact that Ljubo won today... So those of you who support him-be happy, and those of you who dont-face the fact that he won and better luck next time...

Action Jackson
11-05-2005, 04:04 PM

What that might have been true or what he was feeling at that time. I mean why would someone come out and make that up in a press conference? He could have stretched the truth, but not every individual likes everybody, it happens in all forms.

What would you rather just nice cliches, or someone saying what they feel at that time, irrespective of whether an individual agrees or not?

Jimnik
11-05-2005, 04:07 PM
Is the Duck faking?

Off course not. The only reason it's even being suggested is because of the cynical Ljubo fans we have here on MTF.

Anyway, the point is that it was not an excuse. Andy could have played better at 5-5 in the 2nd. He should have come to the net a lot more throughout the whole match. Goldfine should have told him this before the match that he was not going to beat Ivan from the back of the court.

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Were those Ivan's comments?
Yeah. Apparently when Andy nailed a forehand which landed bang on the line, he shouted out "yes" which influenced the line judge who was going to call it out.

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 04:09 PM
What that might have been true or what he was feeling at that time. I mean why would someone come out and make that up in a press conference? He could have stretched the truth, but not every individual likes everybody, it happens in all forms.

What would you rather just nice cliches, or someone saying what they feel at that time, irrespective of whether an individual agrees or not?
Whether he felt it or not, and whether its true or not, you just don't do that. I'm sure there are many players that don't like others but they keep it within themselves. It was purely sour grapes.

Action Jackson
11-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Whether he felt it or not, and whether its true or not, you just don't do that. I'm sure there are many players that don't like others but they keep it within themselves. It was purely sour grapes.

It's easier to tell them directly to their face, then the others will whine about that too.

Read it yourself and so Ljubo shoots his mouth off at times, you can call it sour grapes, but the fact that people don't like Roddick on tour, isn't a factor for why he won today or lost in New York. Are you on a crusade to get him elected as a Cardinal or something?

http://www.asapsports.com/tennis/2003usopen/082903IL.html

Jimnik
11-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Those are the words of a man riding high on emotion. When you're angry at someone, you try to insult them. In this case by claiming that Andy is unpopular.

edit: It's fine being really pissed off after losing a very close match - that's perfectly normal. But to try to take it out on your opponent is of low character. As Andy said afterwards, if Ivan had a problem he should have spoken to him (face-to-face) not to the media.

tennismaster882001
11-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Yeah. Apparently when Andy nailed a forehand which landed bang on the line, he shouted out "yes" which influenced the line judge who was going to call it out.

Yes, Andy likes to pretend that he is judge! If I was a tennis player I would also be offended by that! But Andy is great for the game!

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Are you on a crusade to get him elected as a Cardinal or something?
I'll settle for US Presidency :)

fedpras
11-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Roddick may have had an injury, but he obviously thought that he was well enough to play today. In that case, he should have acted a little more stoically on court. He may not go into press conferences and say I lost because I was injured, but he does a good job of wincing and grimacing (more than necessary) between points. And by doing this, he effectively says Im losing because Im injured.

tennismaster882001
11-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Ivan is happy person, has everything settled right in his life and the results just confirm that! He is very popular among the players as he represents them!

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Roddick may have had an injury, but he obviously thought that he was well enough to play today. In that case, he should have acted a little more stoically on court. He may not go into press conferences and say I lost because I was injured, but he does a good job of wincing and grimacing (more than necessary) between points. And by doing this, he effectively says Im losing because Im injured.
Where did you learn to talk such an astounding amount of tripe?

tennismaster882001
11-05-2005, 04:23 PM

That's true, but I don't think he was doing that on purpose!

bad gambler
11-05-2005, 04:24 PM
well done ivan. now finish the job on sunday

Noelle
11-05-2005, 04:24 PM
How the hell can you be stoic when you're in "Holy Shit!" pain territory? :rolleyes:

RodLo
11-05-2005, 04:27 PM

Are you just stupid.....or what? :confused:

Jimnik
11-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Andy's always been expressive on court - it's just his nature. When he hits a lucky shot, he expresses it. When he's done something clumsy, he laughs about it. When his opponent has done something special, he congratulates it. He's not the type of person to go on court and show no emotion - like Pete Sampras.

tennischick
11-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Duck debates are always so entertaining :lol: :lol:

congrats Lbj. nice roasting. :worship:

Dexter_1986
11-05-2005, 04:39 PM
:eek: Congratz Ivan! Ajmo in the final! :yeah:

Andy :sad:

fedpras
11-05-2005, 04:45 PM
How the hell can you be stoic when you're in "Holy Shit!" pain territory? :rolleyes:

How exactly do you know what "territory" of pain he is in?

RickDaStick
11-05-2005, 04:46 PM
For those who saw, how did the handshake go between the two?

fedpras
11-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Are you just stupid.....or what? :confused:

I guess I must be, since don't really see what was so ridiculous about what I said. Please explain it to me, and use simple words so that I can understand. :retard:

fedpras
11-05-2005, 04:49 PM
For those who saw, how did the handshake go between the two?

Nothing too remarkable. The seemed to avoid eye contact, but they did the normal pat-on-the-back routine.

Noelle
11-05-2005, 04:59 PM
How exactly do you know what "territory" of pain he is in?
Well, yesterday was "Holy Shit!" territory when he called for the trainer, remember? I didn't expect him to have exited that distant and dismal land overnight. :rolleyes: All I'm saying is that only a robot can avoid showing pain of the sort that he seemed to have been feeling.

RickDaStick
11-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Nothing too remarkable. The seemed to avoid eye contact, but they did the normal pat-on-the-back routine.

Alrite, i saw a picture, it seems like Ivan is looking at ARod but Andy wants no part of it.

Action Jackson
11-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Alrite, i saw a picture, it seems like Ivan is looking at ARod but Andy wants no part of it.

I don't think they will be going out for pivos anytime soon.

tennischick
11-05-2005, 05:10 PM
What Roddick wants is a little respect

Fri Nov 4,12:39 PM ET

PARIS (AFP) - Andy Roddick marches onto the centre court at the Palais Omnisports de Bercy here to the brain-busting accompaniment of AC/DC's Highway to Hell.

But something along the lines of Aretha Franklin's Respect might be more appropriate.

While Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have carved up three of the four Grand Slams and all eight Masters series events between them in 2005, the 23-year-old Texan has become the forgotten man of the men's tour.

It's an oversight he intends to correct.

"When I was 10, 11, 12 years old, I was just hoping to get a scholarship into college one day," said the American.

"If someone would have told me then, you're number three in the world, you've won five titles in 2005 on every surface on the planet and, you know, it's been a 'down year', I would have been like, 'Jeez, I'll sign up for that right now'."

Roddick believes he doesn't get the respect he deserves.

With Federer and Nadal having collected 11 titles each this year, the American world number three has come under fire despite collecting five of his own.

In some quarters, that's a bad year, a criticism sparked by his dismal straight sets, first round exit at the US Open in August at the hands of Luxembourg journeyman Gilles Muller.

"I think the thing that made it a bad year was losing there. But I don't base my year on one unfortunate night and one night where I don't feel like I played well," said Roddick.

In the three other Grand Slams this year, results have been mixed for a man who, after winning the US Open in 2003, was world number one by the year's end.

He made the semi-finals of the Australian Open where he was beaten by Lleyton Hewitt, exited the French Open in the second round at the hands of Jose Acasuso and then, for the second year in succession, was runner-up to Federer at Wimbledon.

"This year's made me hungrier," he said. "I want to do well in 2006. But to classify this as a bad year, that's a bit of a stretch.

"I think journalists might have to have a little bit more respect for other players. The fact that we are playing against the guys who are the best in the world, on a daily basis, you are going lose some matches."

http://news.yahoo.com

PaulieM
11-05-2005, 05:10 PM
congrats to ivan!! :yippee:
it's unfortunate that andy hurt his back but he clearly felt he was fit enough or wanted to win badly enough to go out and play or he wouldnt' have, so it doesn't take anything from ivan, he put up a good fight and i hope his back gets better soon. :)

R.Federer
11-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Ivan on Fire!

I think it helps (not that he would not win otherwise), but after winning yesterday, qualifies for T.M.C., relaxes, plays with confidence and without fear. Wins!

Too bad for andi. But hope that he will get well soon. He was the only one of the top 6 that was not injured, and it would be ironic if the rest are all okay for T.M.C and only andi is injured

blosson
11-05-2005, 05:14 PM

What are you talking about? You can clearly see A-Rod is looking at Ivan.

http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/album_asp/album7/ljubicic4.jpg

RickDaStick
11-05-2005, 05:17 PM
What are you talking about? You can clearly see A-Rod is looking at Ivan.

http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/album_asp/album7/ljubicic4.jpg

Well i cant see ur picture and i dont doubt what you are saying, i only saw one picture and it showed what i said.

1sun
11-05-2005, 05:18 PM
the result doesnt suprise me at all.
ivan would have beaten andy whether the latter had an injury or not. hes the better player at the moment plan and simple but he wont be for long.

1sun
11-05-2005, 05:19 PM
ps, now i am certain roddick will never win a big title ever again.

blosson
11-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Well i cant see ur picture and i dont doubt what you are saying, i only saw one picture and it showed what i said.

But your earlier comment does give the impression Andy doesn't care and that's not the true: they both shaked hands like professionals

njnetswill
11-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Way to go Ivan! :worship:

Merton
11-05-2005, 05:39 PM
A good win by Ivan, i hope we get to see the continuation of this duel in Shangai. I hope Andy's back is not that bad and he will turn up ready to go for the TMC.

Flibbertigibbet
11-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I do hope they're both fully fit for the Masters Cup, and they're in the same round robin half. And that I can see the coverage. :devil:

MariaV
11-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Ducky, I wanted to ask you as a relative ;) and Ljubo expert what's wrong with his knee? I hope it's nothing serious. :hug:

LLeytonRules
11-05-2005, 06:36 PM
The duck shouldnt even haved played this match, people will say he had a good tourney, i differ, he should have lost to Ferrer.

mini155
11-05-2005, 07:07 PM

Dont you think that its to early to say something like that?? I mean hes young and hes not playing that bad at all...

prima donna
11-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Stop with the excuses, Roddick was simply outclassed.

liptea
11-05-2005, 07:18 PM
my goodness. there are all these people that I respect until I read some rampant hateful nonsense that they post.

oneandonlyhsn
11-05-2005, 07:38 PM
:rolleyes: Seriously some people on this board need to get a life

euroka1
11-05-2005, 07:48 PM
congrats to ivan!! :yippee:
it's unfortunate that andy hurt his back but he clearly felt he was fit enough or wanted to win badly enough to go out and play or he wouldnt' have, so it doesn't take anything from ivan, he put up a good fight and i hope his back gets better soon. :)

Agree up to a point. But I am never sure how serious Roddick's injuries are even down to the "stomach upset" at the Davis Cup. His serve yesterday and this morning was still pretty potent so he was far from being incapacitated. He likes people to feel sorry for him. As myskinaLova said, "Roddick was simply outclassed" today.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
11-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Well done Ivan. :bigclap: Win the match again tomorrow. :)

tennischick
11-05-2005, 08:41 PM
i made the same prediction over a year ago. :devil:

Pea
11-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Who cares if he's injured? He lost. And if it wasn't for Ivan being the opponent today, I don't think the ducktrolls wouldn't mind it too much.

Another major title eludes him.:o :haha:

Dun dun dun............................................... ......................................

Black Adam
11-05-2005, 09:38 PM
I was there and I gotta say Ivan can take TMC if he continues playing the way he is.
Poor Andy......hope your injury heals soon ;)

PamV
11-05-2005, 10:00 PM
No, I watched the match. He was clearly in pain, he could not run around in a rally for more than 3 or 4 shots. Ivan played amazing though, and if he plays like this, then he start next week as number 6 in the world. Ivan looked completely fresh, mentally and physically.

I saw the Roddick v. Ferrer match and I thought it was hard to tell if Roddick's back was truly hurting or if he was just using the injury time out to change the momentum. He didn't look like he was in pain but what other explanation could there be for Ferrer to have match points against Roddick on carpet?

PamV
11-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Agree up to a point. But I am never sure how serious Roddick's injuries are even down to the "stomach upset" at the Davis Cup. His serve yesterday and this morning was still pretty potent so he was far from being incapacitated. He likes people to feel sorry for him. As myskinaLova said, "Roddick was simply outclassed" today.

It's possible Roddick is just rusty and is using the back excuse to explain away the lose. It's hard to say. Any way Ljubicic was also injured during the year and lost when he shouldn't have.....so it all evens out.

Federerhingis
11-05-2005, 10:30 PM
Oh wow that is some duck roasting. I think Ljubicic can become another member of Roddicks nightmares on the ATP tour. Nevertheless, it seems Roddick has yet to find his best form this season. Oh well, better luck next time, Ljubo really seems on a mission. :p

El Legenda
11-05-2005, 10:33 PM
Andy had a great tournament :bigclap: He played his heart out for as long as he could and he had the French crowd eating out of his hand, :D I love that that will drive certain eurocentric posters here up the wall. :angel: His continued bad luck with injuries sucks thought :( I hope he can get treatment and be well for Shanghai. I have this image of everybody showing up on crutches and in bandages when they line up for their photo op. :lol:

Let's save our sympathy for Ivan though. Seriously, to win a masters series title when all the top players are out due to injury? And then he "beats" an injured Roddick who could barely pull off a win over David Ferrer? Poor Ljubicic will go through life with that dreaded MTF asterisk * next to his title if he wins it. After all, this was never a "real" tournament anyway what with all the "real" players not even showing up. No Roger, no Rafa, this Masters Series was a doomed dog. Poor Ivan. I feel so sorry for him already. :awww: :tears:

u still believe roddick was hurt, what ever helps you sleep at night. atleast he can win a tournment without top 3 players, unlike Roddick, was he hurt in Madrid to? or is he a just avg player. never the less the winner prize money is still the same with or with out Federer Nadal or Hewitt, and at end these players play for Money.

musefanatic
11-05-2005, 10:34 PM
I hope roddick's back recovers in time for shanghai. That would be a real shame if he couldn't make it.

Congrats Ivan though, he's surely odds on to win the whole thing, what an achievement that would be!

idolwatcher1
11-05-2005, 11:01 PM
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/831/ljubicic44lj.jpg

^ that is an image of the handshake today...Unlike what was said, Andy didn't "avoid eye-contact", lol

euroka1
11-05-2005, 11:02 PM
It's possible Roddick is just rusty and is using the back excuse to explain away the lose. It's hard to say. Any way Ljubicic was also injured during the year and lost when he shouldn't have.....so it all evens out.

Yes, and for me too:

Roger for ever!!

Horatio Caine
11-05-2005, 11:06 PM
If he cooked him under an hour then it is unlikely he will win his first AMS tomorrow...food posioning ;)

tangerine_dream
11-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Best of friends! :inlove:

On the outside: "Good game, man."
On the inside: "I still own your ass, big guy."

;)

RodLo
11-06-2005, 12:12 AM

;)

Love it. :yeah: :lol:

rofe
11-06-2005, 12:20 AM
Andy had a great tournament :bigclap: He played his heart out for as long as he could and he had the French crowd eating out of his hand, :D I love that that will drive certain eurocentric posters here up the wall. :angel: His continued bad luck with injuries sucks thought :( I hope he can get treatment and be well for Shanghai. I have this image of everybody showing up on crutches and in bandages when they line up for their photo op. :lol:

Let's save our sympathy for Ivan though. Seriously, to win a masters series title when all the top players are out due to injury? And then he "beats" an injured Roddick who could barely pull off a win over David Ferrer? Poor Ljubicic will go through life with that dreaded MTF asterisk * next to his title if he wins it. After all, this was never a "real" tournament anyway what with all the "real" players not even showing up. No Roger, no Rafa, this Masters Series was a doomed dog. Poor Ivan. I feel so sorry for him already. :awww: :tears:

SOUR GRAPES !!!

Grow up clementine nightmare. Ivan absolutely deserved this win and he will deserve his win if he wins the finals tomorrow. If you don't see it then:

SOUR GRAPES !!!

KoOlMaNsEaN
11-06-2005, 12:24 AM
andy lost it with his bad back. wasnt much of a match

revolution
11-06-2005, 12:59 AM
Good to see Andy gave everything though, despite his injury, his commitment puts others to shame.

Noelle
11-06-2005, 01:06 AM
:rolleyes: I wonder how people can even say Andy was faking...

RickDaStick
11-06-2005, 01:28 AM

;)

Lol 5-3 record against someone is really owning them. And Ljubicic clearly has the biggest win and that being Davis Cup.

disturb3d
11-06-2005, 01:54 AM
This is a prime example of how crap the quality of tennis is compared to other sports.
A guy with no talent at all, who has been dominating for the past 3 years suddenly comes across a player with a fair amount of talent, and has nothing to show for himself but a dozen aces and an injury timeout.

Doesn't anyone else notice how talentless Andy is?
He swings mindlessly at everything, and avoids hitting any balls on his backhand side.

On top of that, he criticizes Ivo's game as being nothing but a serve.
It doesn't take a genius to notice that there's a lot more planned execution and proper strokes in Karlovic's game than his own.

RodLo
11-06-2005, 04:05 AM
:rolleyes: I wonder how people can even say Andy was faking...

Because apparently it's just that obvious. :shrug:

hablovah19
11-06-2005, 05:13 AM
bravo ljubo :yeah::bowdown:

El Legenda
11-06-2005, 06:18 AM
Because apparently it's just that obvious. :shrug:

sore loser. :rolleyes:

Wojtek
11-06-2005, 08:26 AM
Andy was injured, so he couldn't really put up a fight :(

he would lost anyway :rolleyes:

Neely
11-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Well, Roddick has beaten Ljubicic 5 times in a row, now Ljubicic got two wins in a row and there wasn't much Andy could do yesterday in that match and I never had the feeling he could win. I think he had no break point the whole match, you can't win like that of course. Andy didn't enter this match with the best signs and Ljubicic playing awesome the last weeks. Because I don't like Berdych much, I hope now that Ljubicic is taking this Masters today.