Help choosing a raquet! Head Liquidmetal Radical or Instinct? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Help choosing a raquet! Head Liquidmetal Radical or Instinct?

fhuneeus
11-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Hi guys watsup I would like to know if you could give me any type of advice or help when deciding which new raquet to buy. My playing style is agressive from the baseline and using strong serves to get easy points. Previously I used a wilson grand slam (kind of a beginner raquet that cost me just like 35 dollars). I would like to buy a raquet that permits me generate the power for the groundstrokes, because I like to generate my own power. However, I wouldn't like a raquet that I should create lots of power on each stroke, because that would be really tiring.. well that's about what i like... which of these two would you recommend me? I'm now kind of preferring the liquidmetal radical....

So these are the alternatives :

Head Liquidmetal Radical (Mid-Size) :

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-LMRAD.html
http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/ProductImages/LMRAD.JPG

Head Liquidmetal Instict:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-HINST.html
http://av.warehousesports.com/tw/ProductImages/HINST.JPG

Well those are the alternatives... anyways if you've got a link to a better forum where I could get better advise I would appreciate it... Also if you've got any other raquet recommendation (one between 90-110 dollars) it is also received.

ae wowww
11-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Instinct is very nice..

DhammaTiger
11-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Try Babolat pure drive team, same as carlos moya uses. It's a fabulous racket if you play baseline and generate your own powe. I have used it for five years and very happy.

Peoples
11-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Try them both and then choose

adee-gee
11-05-2005, 11:56 AM
I used to play with the Radical, its a solid racquet in all departments but to be honest isn't anything special. Never hit with the instinct so I'm not sure about that.

Babolat Aeropro Drive :worship:

croat123
11-05-2005, 12:19 PM
the radical is solid, never tried the instinct

prima donna
11-05-2005, 12:22 PM
If you're looking for a racquet that permits you to generate your own power and you're switching over from a cheaper racquet why don't you go for something like the tour 95 pro staff model ? It's not too difficult to use, but on the other hand not too easy either and I would recommend it. Both of these racquets are eh and instinct (not sure what specs it comes in, but I thought only midplus) provides power ? Myskina uses it I believe ? Could be a paintjob though. She's probably using something from 1989. :)

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=WT95
Prostaff model, Tour 95

Give that a try.

K-Dog
11-05-2005, 01:18 PM
It depends on what you're going for. The Radical offers control and some more power than the instinct. I played with the instinct for two years and i finally decided to switch to the flexpoint 4 because if you hit flat like me, the instinct isn't your racquet. I have no idea how Myskina or Andre did it, but good for them. The Instinct isn't anywhere near as stiff as my new racquet. The Instinct is more all-around players and works well if you have a lot of racquet speed.

Peoples
11-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Neither of them are pure power or pure control racquets, so it only depends on your feel when you use them. Choose the one that seems most comfortable for you.

fhuneeus
11-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Sadly I can't try them :( cause tere seems to be now official head store here in Chile.... I would really like to know which is the difference between these two raquets now I'm kind of deciding for the Radical... thanks

ys
11-05-2005, 03:26 PM
I played with Radical for quite a while.. But now I am trying Prestige.. I tried Instinct .. I didn't like it ..

tennischick
11-05-2005, 03:40 PM
i have used the Liquidmetal for the past two years -- with terrific results.

fenomeno2111
11-05-2005, 05:31 PM
Any Liquidmetal is good. I've tried the Prestige and Radical, I loved the Prestige and had no problems with the Radical, can't tell you much about the Instinct. If you like to fire serves give the Liquidmetal a try, it generates power but doesn't give away control

CivicLx
11-05-2005, 07:59 PM
I use a shark mp but I've used the LM instinct and I like it and right now I'm using the LM radical MP because I'm waiting to get my shark restrung...only have 1 racquet :o ) anyway, I think both are great racquets, but you should demo them from TW if you can and see which you like best.

Peoples
11-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Sadly I can't try them :( cause tere seems to be now official head store here in Chile.... I would really like to know which is the difference between these two raquets now I'm kind of deciding for the Radical... thanks
I don't know about Chile but usually there's an official company or person that imports them. Usually coaches have contracts with those people and act as re-sellers.

fhuneeus
11-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey guys something I don't understand when i tried to "purchase" any raquet (not that i'm going to purchase one yet) I see choose head/grip size.. choosing the head size I know and i will prefer a medium size head, but grip size I dont know what it is it says 1/8,
1/4, 3/8, 1/2 and 5/8 I don't understand what that means can anyone explain me?

Flibbertigibbet
11-06-2005, 04:06 PM
That means that the circumference of the grip is 4 and 1/4 inches, or 4 and 3/8 inches, and so on.