#1? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

#1?

Havok
09-22-2003, 07:37 PM
when do you people think Andy's gonna get to #1? he can get it this week, if Ferrero loses i think before the semis. he's got i think 4 tournaments left, so when do you think he's gonna get it? my pick, this week. i have a feeling Ferrero is going to lose before the semis. if not then, he's going to do it in Spain because he has 0 to defend

Hurley
09-22-2003, 08:11 PM
I doubt Ferrero will lose before the semifinals this week, but Andy can probably grab it soon enough.

I haven't done the math at all, though. I'm just going on what the Champions Race looks like.

Obviously if he wants to make it easy by winning, that would be fine. :)

Chloe le Bopper
09-22-2003, 11:28 PM
Ferrero's draw in Thailand is pretty skanked out - his toughest competitor before the semis would be like, Santoro or somebody. Get the picture? ;) I wouldn't put a pathetic loss past him, but I think he'll lose in the semis and just keep it. Roddick should pass him in Madrid, I imagine.

Chloe le Bopper
09-22-2003, 11:29 PM
On second thought, when is Madrid? ;)

J. Corwin
09-23-2003, 12:43 AM
Isn't Roddick pulling out of Thailand? So Roddick can't gain any points this week.

Madrid is in 3 weeks I think.

star
09-23-2003, 01:08 AM
I am so confused about Andy's schedule. I thought he was going to Tokyo.

Havok
09-23-2003, 02:19 AM
it really doesn't matter if Roddick had played here or not. if he had played here, i think he had to win the whole thing just to gain a few points because he's got a pretty big reserve for his 6th best other event. Ferrero MUST make the semi's to keep the #1 spot. there's no doubt that FErrero can't win this whole thing, but i dunno i have a feeling there's gonna be a freak loss before the semis. i can be totaly wrong btw, but its a pretty good bet at Mardid since Ferrero has to defend i think like 100 points and Roddick literally has 0 to defend

Chloe le Bopper
09-23-2003, 02:34 AM
That "pretty good feeling" is called "wishful thinking" ;) But wish away... it just might happen, right? Afterall, Ferrero does have a long flight, change of surfaces.... hangover :)

Havok
09-23-2003, 08:23 PM
Rebecca i never said pretty good feeling i just said i have a feeling:banana: and you names the reasons why i have this feeling. and i actually like Ferrero, he really grew on me this year, so i would be fine if he won this tournament. maybe it is a little wishful thinking but don't we all wish for things?

Chloe le Bopper
09-23-2003, 09:34 PM
Captain Obvious: You're being awfully defensive over such a little comment :)

Continue as you were...

Havok
09-23-2003, 11:28 PM
no im not getting defensive, i just thought maybe u though i was playing Ferrero down. just wanted to make it clear that i wasn't

star
09-24-2003, 01:47 AM
I've not seen you ever put another player down.... except for my sweet Daniela.. :boohoo:

I understood what you were saying Naldo. I think Andy has as good a chance as any of the top 4. I like Ferrero and Federer too, and although I would be a little disappointed if they took the top spot at the year end, I would still be happy for them. They are great players. They've been on the tour longer than Andy, and have worked through adversity. It would be sweet to me no matter which of the three of them won. Even Agassi winning wouldn't be too bad. It would be a great achievement at his age.

Chloe le Bopper
09-24-2003, 02:35 AM
no im not getting defensive, i just thought maybe u though i was playing Ferrero down. just wanted to make it clear that i wasn't
Yes, I understand now :)

I'm content with whoever ends the year number one, btw. I do hope it comes down to who wins the Masters Cup, though.

J. Corwin
09-24-2003, 04:58 AM
I'm content just as long as it's one of the top 4. :)

star
09-25-2003, 01:18 PM
It's looking to me like Ferrero is going to be able to defend all the points he needs in Thailand. So, I'm thinking right now that he will keep his position.

Does anyone know off hand what Andy's next tournament is going to be? I'm thinking Basel, but I'm not sure.

J. Corwin
09-25-2003, 07:09 PM
It's TMS Madrid.

star
09-26-2003, 12:37 AM
Really? Madrid is before Basel?

I guess I should go and look at the calendar.

J. Corwin
09-26-2003, 02:45 AM
yep it is

star
09-26-2003, 12:43 PM
Ok. I was good. I went to the calendar and got it all straight. :)

Chloe le Bopper
09-26-2003, 09:09 PM
Nobody in GM found it funny, so maybe you guys will appreciate this!

If Ferrero loses to Ivan Ljubcic tomorrow, Roddick is number 1. It's all down to Ivan! ahahhaahah! Hopefully nobody tells him, or he might tank ;) ;)

J. Corwin
09-27-2003, 12:15 AM
Ivan will be getting another phone call from Andy. :)

Havok
09-27-2003, 01:21 AM
Ivan will be getting another phone call from Andy. :)
LMFAO :worship: :worship: i can't belive im saying this but, come on IVAN!!!! not that i want Ferrero to lose, i would much rather Ferrero win this one because he's the most deserving, but it would be extremely bitter sweet if Ivan gives Roddick the #1 position.

star
09-27-2003, 04:21 PM
That would have been funny!! hadn't thought of that. :)

But good for JCF. I want it to come down to competition that involves both of them.
And Federer too.

J. Corwin
09-27-2003, 08:21 PM
Andy will have to wait a lil longer. :)
Ivan didn't want to do favors for Andy yet. ;)