:ras: ;)

Exodus
11-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Ivan the great is on his way to Shanghai

TheBoiledEgg
11-03-2005, 05:33 PM
got one player in Shanghai who can only play indoors :o

at least he'll give the BEST a match

nearly ALL of his total pts of 2005 indoors.

henree
11-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Who's next up for Ivan?
And is it guaranteed that Ivan makes it to Shanghai if Gaudio loses to Ginepri?

El Legenda
11-03-2005, 05:36 PM
got one player in Shanghai who can only play indoors :o

at least he'll give the BEST a match

nearly ALL of his total pts of 2005 indoors.

If getting all pt indoors can keep playing in top 10, ill take it, just way Gaudio is with clay.

Rogiman
11-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Awesome Ivan.

The title is yours for taking, great win.

RickDaStick
11-03-2005, 05:41 PM
Winner of Roddick-Ljubicic semifinal will win Paris.

*Ljubica*
11-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Congrats Ljubo :worship:

R.Federer
11-03-2005, 05:49 PM
Wow, it is incredible that the two people who were fighting it out for the last spot in Shanghai met here in a match

Great for ivan. He had a great start to the year, and looks like a great end to the year

croat123
11-03-2005, 05:53 PM
wow :bounce:

if gaudio loses (assuming safin pulls out), ivan is in!!

RickDaStick
11-03-2005, 05:55 PM
wow :bounce:

if gaudio loses (assuming safin pulls out), ivan is in!!

Yes, Safin has now officially pulled out, Now Gaudio needs to lose, Go Ginepri!!!

cobalt60
11-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Congrats to Ivan! Sorry to Tojo!

Rogiman
11-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Yes, Safin has now officially pulled out, Now Gaudio needs to lose, Go Ginepri!!!
Be careful with your wishes.

As for now Ivan has got 371 points, Ginepri could (theoretically) still win the whole thing, get his total up to 389, and go to Shanghai on Ljubo's expense.

El Legenda
11-03-2005, 06:13 PM

As for now Ivan has got 371 points, Ginepri could (theoretically) still win the whole thing, get his total up to 389, and go to Shanghai on Ljubo's expense.

Ljubicic plays Robredo tomorrow, Ivan has not had any trouble with him this year or career, with win Ivan add 20 pts for total of 391. lead Robby 2 pts less if he wins the whole thing.

croat123
11-03-2005, 06:16 PM

robredo and ferrer also have a theoretical chance, as well as, of course, gaudio.

this is how i see it:
ginepri def. gaudio today
davydenko def. ginepri in sf (ginepri in two tms sfs in a row = fluke/easy ass draws :ras: )
ljubicic def. robredo
roddick (or hrbaty) def. ferrer

RickDaStick
11-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Aslong as Ljubo beat Robredo as he should, then Ginepri can win the tournament and still wont get in,

El Legenda
11-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Go Robby , you the man :lol:

Rogiman
11-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Now don't get me wrong - Robredo stands no chance against anyone with a serious game, I was just mentioning it was a possibility.

Then again, if I say Robredo stands no chance I need to rule the possibility out.

RonE
11-03-2005, 09:01 PM
WTG Ivan :aparty: :banana:

Grinder
11-03-2005, 09:05 PM
robredo and ferrer also have a theoretical chance, as well as, of course, gaudio.

this is how i see it:
ginepri def. gaudio today
davydenko def. ginepri in sf (ginepri in two tms sfs in a row = fluke/easy ass draws :ras: )

How is it a fluke, this would be his third TMS semifinal this year if he beats Gaudio and Berdych.

I don't see how beating Safin, Ferrer, Moya and Puerta and then taking Federer to three is a fluke in Cincy.
He beat Grosjean, Ferrer and Davydenko in Madrid before going down in a tight match to Nadal, not a fluke.
Now he's beaten the talented Fernando Verdasco and the tournament field is pretty weak for a TMS so it's not like anyone really has a tough draw to begin with.

star
11-03-2005, 10:47 PM
:bigcry:

El Legenda
11-03-2005, 10:49 PM
How is it a fluke, this would be his third TMS semifinal this year if he beats Gaudio and Berdych.

I don't see how beating Safin, Ferrer, Moya and Puerta and then taking Federer to three is a fluke in Cincy.
He beat Grosjean, Ferrer and Davydenko in Madrid before going down in a tight match to Nadal, not a fluke.

Safin-hurt, Ferrer-not much of HC player, Moya-Has been, Puerta- clay all day.

bad gambler
11-03-2005, 10:55 PM
robredo is going to be cannon fodder :D

Merton
11-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Now don't get me wrong - Robredo stands no chance against anyone with a serious game, I was just mentioning it was a possibility.

Then again, if I say Robredo stands no chance I need to rule the possibility out.

Ljubicic should win but events of measure zero do occur.

Grinder
11-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Safin-hurt, Ferrer-not much of HC player, Moya-Has been, Puerta- clay all day.

I could also say that about Ivan's run win in Vienna.

Robredo-not much of a HC player
Ferrero-Has been
Haas-Has Been
Calleri-Clay all day
Gonzo-Hit or miss

Rogiman
11-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Ljubicic should win but events of measure zero do occur.
Yes they do, but they need not be mentioned as a value assumed by the characteristic step-function.

keqtqiadv
11-04-2005, 12:50 AM
Tojo...

Merton
11-04-2005, 01:00 AM
Yes they do, but they need not be mentioned as a value assumed by the characteristic step-function.

The problem is, how do you figure out the "correct" odds for this type of a game? A frequentist would like to derive the correct odds by observing a large number of identical confrontations between Robredo and Ljubicic and recording the fraction of wins by Robredo. But that does not answer the question about the true odds tomorrow. I guess Robredo has a chance to prevail but how large that is?

Merton
11-04-2005, 01:04 AM
One proper analogy comes in mind: Greece winning the European soccer championships last year. Especially in the semifinals against the Czech republic, Greece should have lost that game under almost any circumstances. Yet, that day Greece won. Well, i think that the probability of Robredo prevailing against Ljubicic is strictly greater than the prior probability of Greece winning that day.

Sjengster
11-04-2005, 01:07 AM
A useful analogy; the Portuguese newspapers printed headlines to the effect of "A done deal" or "A formality" ahead of the final against Greece, and I wouldn't blame any Roddick fans for voicing much the same opinion if he happened to be meeting Robredo in the semis. Mind you, unless Robredo could suddenly develop a decent serve and forehand, in this case I doubt they'd be left with egg on their faces as the Portuguese were...

Rogiman
11-04-2005, 01:09 AM
One proper analogy comes in mind: Greece winning the European soccer championships last year. Especially in the semifinals against the Czech republic, Greece should have lost that game under almost any circumstances. Yet, that day Greece won. Well, i think that the probability of Robredo prevailing against Ljubicic is strictly greater than the prior probability of Greece winning that day.
The Czech lost Nedved in the beginning of the match that day.
A proper analogy would be Ljubicic hurting his shoulder in the first game and being forced to serve underarm.

Merton
11-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Exactly, and even then they had at least a dozen chances to score. That was a terrible match up for Greece.

Merton
11-04-2005, 01:18 AM
A useful analogy; the Portuguese newspapers printed headlines to the effect of "A done deal" or "A formality" ahead of the final against Greece, and I wouldn't blame any Roddick fans for voicing much the same opinion if he happened to be meeting Robredo in the semis. Mind you, unless Robredo could suddenly develop a decent serve and forehand, in this case I doubt they'd be left with egg on their faces as the Portuguese were...

Another interesting question: What is more likely, Ferrer winning against Roddick or Robredo against Ljubicic?

Rogiman
11-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Another interesting question: What is more likely, Ferrer winning against Roddick or Robredo against Ljubicic?
Just my speculation, on a given day Ferrer could read Roddick's serve to an extent and off the ground could at times be the superior player, whereas Ljubicic is at the moment better than Robredo in every department.

Of course, tomorrow I could be proven wrong and make myself look silly.

Sjengster
11-04-2005, 01:23 AM

Hmm... probably Robredo against Ljubicic, just because the match-up is a little more equal in terms of firepower, although Ljubicic still has the bigger indoor weapons. And in fairness to Robredo, he is more of a proven quantity on fast surfaces than the Frog despite the latter's good showings in Miami, Madrid and now here.

Fergie
11-04-2005, 02:53 AM
Well done Ivan, great match! :yeah:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
11-04-2005, 05:51 AM
Well done Ivan. :aparty: Win the next match as well. :rocker2: