Berdych defeats JCF 7-5, 6-7(7), 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Berdych defeats JCF 7-5, 6-7(7), 6-4

jackieglover
11-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Good win for Tomas, but a tough loss for JCF. Missed the first set, both guys had chances in 2nd set. JCF served for set at 5*-4 and got broken at love I believe and finally converted on his 3rd SP in the 2nd set. Berdych was up a mini-break twice in that tiebreak. Berdych got early break in 3rd set, but JCF got it back only to give it right back to Tomas.

Great match for both! :yeah:

Five
11-03-2005, 02:54 PM
:)

Exodus
11-03-2005, 02:56 PM
great win for Berdych but alot of players can now beat JCF really. Good win anyway :)

TheBoiledEgg
11-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Tomas :bounce: :D :)
should have won it earlier

but good tough match, dug out ;) :D

BlackSilver
11-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Impressive how well suited Berdych's game is for the Gerflor surface.

Great win for Bedych, Ferrero didn't give up, but I wasn't doubting that Berdych would end the match as the winner, even tough he did a bit more of unforced errors than should, he is simple the better player currently on this surface and Ferrero don't really have any weapons or variety enough to treat him.

Btw, very impressive returns of second serves and aces by Berdych on critical moments.

propi
11-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Pity JC :sad:
2006 will be time to come back to top 5 :worship:

Merton
11-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Good win for Tomas, he makes it to the quarters and, if i am not wrong, breaks into the top 40 for the year. This is not a bad base to build upon.

cobalt60
Berdych alright! A great win for him!

Puschkin
Losing to Berdych on the fast Bercy-court is not really a surprise. JCF would have struggled against players like Berdych on that surface even in his best times.

I wish he would use the coming weeks doing some thinking (yes, Juanqui, it is time for a big change, as advocated so often)...he had a reasonable season taking into account where he started, but he is a former number 1 and as such he can't be satisfied with what he achieved this year. I am rather sure, he isn't. But more of the same won't help.

R.Federer
11-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Wow! He has made good results recently, beat lot of good players.

shotgun
11-03-2005, 03:26 PM
:woohoo:

Jennay
11-03-2005, 03:27 PM
JC :sad: :hug:

Good win for Berdych.

ClaycourtaZzZz.
11-03-2005, 03:34 PM
:crying2: but well done Tom.

Scotso
11-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Tomas :bounce:

Jimnik
11-03-2005, 05:23 PM
I only saw the first set but it looked to me like JC was almost uninterested. He hit many crap looping shots into the centre of the court for Berdych to put away.

Sums up JC's year really. Too passive and not enough passion. He's not his old aggressive self anymore. :sad:

Berdych has a similar game to Safin so it's no surprise to see him doing well here.

landoud
11-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Berdych is next year's boom

Deivid23
11-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Well done, Tomas. As always, he took high riskes and played high quality tennis (though he comitted more than 50 ue). Ferrero defended well, but in the end Berdych had too much firepower for him to handle. Next match will be tougher if he faces Ginepri as this one is much more agressive. Keep it up!

NYCtennisfan
11-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Good win for the Berdman. There must have been some really good slugging from the baseline in this one.

delsa
11-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Berdych made all the game. This was his match. "All" the winners "all" the UEs, he was more focused, took many risks...He wanted this more and he played really well.
Well done Tomas! :yeah:
Good luck against Gaudio. Cut the UEs though.

KoOlMaNsEaN
11-03-2005, 10:04 PM
:bounce: tomas :bounce:

Action Jackson
11-04-2005, 01:03 AM
The Berdman should have won this in two and had his Berdbrain moments, but he served well when it counted and yes he made a lot of errors, but he got a lot of winners as well, the only chance Gaudio will have is if he breaks down the Berdman's forehand and returns well.

He hung in there well and showed good temperament to win this match, and he returned well and was bossing Ferrero around quite easily.

Fergie
11-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Well done Tomas!!! :bounce:

yomike
11-04-2005, 01:56 AM
The Berdman should have won this in two and had his Berdbrain moments, but he served well when it counted and yes he made a lot of errors, but he got a lot of winners as well, the only chance Gaudio will have is if he breaks down the Berdman's forehand and returns well.

He hung in there well and showed good temperament to win this match, and he returned well and was bossing Ferrero around quite easily.

Bossing is when you win 6-2 6-2, those kind of scores :rolleyes: . Anyway Gaudio will beat the crap out of Berdych today.

JC please when are u going to get your act together. I still believe you will come back one day.

:cool:RICHARD GASQUET gaston gaudio JC Ferrero tomas berdych

I♥PsY@Mus!c
11-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Tomas :banana:
Juan :sad:

Deivid23
11-04-2005, 08:59 AM
Bossing is when you win 6-2 6-2, those kind of scores :rolleyes: . Anyway Gaudio will beat the crap out of Berdych today.

JC please when are u going to get your act together. I still believe you will come back one day.

I think GWH refers at some phases of the match, for instance, Berdych broke Ferrero at love twice, with incredible ease by hitting a couple of shots on average on each point (deep return + winner, basically).

User id 7816
11-04-2005, 09:05 AM
bossing around quite easily, well everyone sees things the way they want to see them.
of course Berdych is the more agressive one and in that regard he was bossing yes, so Juan Carlos did pretty well to take it to 3rd set given the games these both showed, even before the match I thought it'll be 2 sets. what I dont understand is why when JC gets a break he gives it right back now this is a real mystery...I hope there will be more glimpses of the old JC next year, not askin for too much. ;)

Action Jackson
11-04-2005, 09:44 AM

I don't say things like that for the sake of it, the match came down to Berdych and what he was capable of and if he was able to execute, as deivid said he broke him to love at least once, when he settled down and missed many points when he had the chance to press his advantage, which was shown by his very high unforced error rate, he got away with that as the difference between this and his winners wasn't great, and with his firepower on this surface, it was in his hands and he didn't let it slip.

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
11-04-2005, 11:54 AM
I don't say things like that for the sake of it, the match came down to Berdych and what he was capable of and if he was able to execute, as deivid said he broke him to love at least once, when he settled down and missed many points when he had the chance to press his advantage, which was shown by his very high unforced error rate, he got away with that as the difference between this and his winners wasn't great, and with his firepower on this surface, it was in his hands and he didn't let it slip.

:yeah:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/pix-perso/29441fe8.gif

:cool:

shotgun
11-04-2005, 12:04 PM
hahahaha

gillian
11-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Nice win for TB.

Action Jackson
11-04-2005, 01:21 PM
:yeah:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/pix-perso/29441fe8.gif

:cool:

Thanks very much, but I am not that good.

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
11-04-2005, 03:27 PM
Thanks very much, but I am not that good.

you're too modest dear GWH :cool: .... gifted and modest! :angel:

I really have my life in control.
Everything is pink, no,
I mean, how you say, rosy.”
Roger Federer

:p