11-03-2005, 02:50 PM
good week for Novak :) congrats Tommy

Natasha250688
11-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Nole :sad:
Looking forward to seeing you in Belgrade next week :kiss:

jackieglover
11-03-2005, 02:55 PM
How did the match go if anybody saw it on tv?

Natasha250688
11-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Nole had a 2-0 lead in the first set but couldn't hold on to it... everything went downhill from there :(

propi
11-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Vamos Tommy keep on winning :bounce:
This is your last chance to get a tournament this year :sad:

silverwhite
11-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Novak :(

skel1983
11-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Robredo "MR STEADY EDDIE" as i like to call him!!

He beats players he should beat, but never makes the next step, still a confidence boosting victory!!

Raquel
11-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Vamos Tommy :)

savesthedizzle
11-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Good attempt Novak, definitely some missed opportunities throughout the match hurt you, but you're getting there :)

Good luck Tommy against Ljubicic :scared:

Scotso
11-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Tommy :D

Novak :(

Phunkadelicious
11-03-2005, 05:23 PM
who were you cheering for Scott? seems like a tough one for you

Scotso
11-03-2005, 05:24 PM
I didn't cheer for either.

landoud
11-03-2005, 05:24 PM
well done tommy

Dexter_1986
11-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Novak :sad: :sad:

DhammaTiger
11-03-2005, 07:55 PM
Very good win Tommy. Anyway, Novak has done well this season.

delsa
11-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Looking forward to seeing you in Belgrade next week :kiss:
Please take pictures! :p

But that was a good week. ;)

Saumon
11-03-2005, 10:16 PM
yeah he speaks pretty good french :p
and he does the "no?" thing in french too :lol:

revolution
11-03-2005, 10:40 PM
poor Novak :( poor Jess :sobbing: :hug:

Peoples
11-03-2005, 11:29 PM
Robredo "MR STEADY EDDIE" as i like to call him!!

He beats players he should beat, but never makes the next step, still a confidence boosting victory!!
Yes, he is steady. He's one of the most intelligent players and knows exactly what he has to do to beat anyone who doesn't completely destroy him. Because he doesn't have weapons, he'll always struggle against players with a big game and good mentality.

savesthedizzle
11-04-2005, 01:00 AM
poor Novak :( poor Jess :sobbing: :hug:

I'll live, but thanks for your concern, lol.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
11-04-2005, 04:57 AM
Tommy :D But in the next match :aplot:

jole
11-04-2005, 05:08 AM
Yes, he is steady. He's one of the most intelligent players and knows exactly what he has to do to beat anyone who doesn't completely destroy him. Because he doesn't have weapons, he'll always struggle against players with a big game and good mentality.

100% true.

propi
11-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I do consider Tommy's forehand as a weapon, a very good and precise weapon :worship:

Galaxystorm
11-04-2005, 11:22 AM

I disagree ..

If he were so intelligent he should show this intelligence when he's facing top 10 players because his record against top 10 players is poor even when he's usually a top 20 player... If he was so intelligent he should find the weaknesses of his opponents although they are better players than him..

Who says he hasn't weapons ?? He has a very good forehand , i'm not telling he has one of the best fh on ATP tour, but his forehand is a harmful weapon, and also is a player very technical .

Although he is very technical , his problem is that tennis matches aren't only won because of technique, and this is his best problem, out of his technique or his elegance he hasn't hardly weapons, he's more an technical player than effective.

I only agree with you in the fact that he's steady because he's usually in the top 20 and he hasn't been able to reach top 10 so far :o

***Daniela86***
11-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Nice try Nole :sad: :bigcry: It's a good tournament all the same :hug: :hug:
Congrats to Robredo :kiss: and good luck in 1/4.:rocker: At least Nole lost to someone I like very much :hug: :)

Peoples
11-06-2005, 07:00 PM
I disagree ..

If he were so intelligent he should show this intelligence when he's facing top 10 players because his record against top 10 players is poor even when he's usually a top 20 player... If he was so intelligent he should find the weaknesses of his opponents although they are better players than him..

Who says he hasn't weapons ?? He has a very good forehand , i'm not telling he has one of the best fh on ATP tour, but his forehand is a harmful weapon, and also is a player very technical .

Although he is very technical , his problem is that tennis matches aren't only won because of technique, and this is his best problem, out of his technique or his elegance he hasn't hardly weapons, he's more an technical player than effective.

I only agree with you in the fact that he's steady because he's usually in the top 20 and he hasn't been able to reach top 10 so far :o
He is making the max of his abilities. Sure he's intelligent, he plays with a lot of thought in every match, compensating a lack of talent. He simply doesn't have the talent to be a top 10 player. When he faces one, he tries his best and if the opponent has a bad day, Robredo has a chance, otherwise not. It doesn't matter if you call his forehand a weapon or not, the fact is that there are lots of players with a lot bigger weapons who dominate him. Which ATP top 50 player is not very technical? :D

Robredo is having a very good career because he's smart.

delsa
11-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Can it be, that Robredo speaks better french than english, according to his interview on Master site(french part)?
Thanks for telling us that. I didn't notice it.
I never heard him speak English but i doubt he speaks better French than English hearing this interview.

Ok like all the people who had to suffer to learn to speak French correctly i am very critical with the others who are in my former position :devil: but objectively i think he must speak better English (which is anyway a lot more useful to know unless he wants to travel in the 'forgotten Africa'...). ;)

juanqui.ferrero
11-07-2005, 08:20 AM
I have to disagree about it... I think Tommy is very talented, u just have to look @ his backhand... But anyway...

And according to the french person that I am... he DOES speak very good french ! He speaks fast and maskes a very few mistakes ! Bravo !! :D

Galaxystorm
11-07-2005, 09:32 AM
He is making the max of his abilities. Sure he's intelligent, he plays with a lot of thought in every match, compensating a lack of talent. He simply doesn't have the talent to be a top 10 player. When he faces one, he tries his best and if the opponent has a bad day, Robredo has a chance, otherwise not. It doesn't matter if you call his forehand a weapon or not.Robredo is having a very good career because he's smart

Your comments about Robredo lacks of talent surprise me a lot since in my opinion he's one of the 25 players most talented on tour .., ( By the way, to be talented doesn't mean only to hit hard the ball as a lot of tennis fans think because when they see a player with a powerful forehand say :yawn: what a talented player !!! :o :smash: )

He hasn't lack of shots, he has a very good fh and a reliable bh , can hit good dropshots , his serve isn't bad ..., and above all, he has a playstyle technical , more technical than effective . If you tell me he hasn't winner's mentality i will agree with you, but to say he lacks of talent is the first time that i listen a person telling it about Robredo , then according to you theory the 75% of players inside top 100 lack of talent..

the fact is that there are lots of players with a lot bigger weapons who dominate him.

According to entry or race ranking only 17-18 players have better ranking than him , where are those " a lot of players with a lot bigger weapons who dominate him " ?? :confused:

Which ATP top 50 player is not very technical? :D.

If tennis were only a sport of technique , for instance Nadal wouldn't be inside top 50.

Peoples
11-07-2005, 07:23 PM
It's a matter of opinion, I stand by every point I made and pass the opportunity to argue this matter of opinion.