Quotes by People about Novak :) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Quotes by People about Novak :)

savesthedizzle
11-02-2005, 03:44 AM
There's something similar I believe in the JCF forum, anyway, when reading some of the articles written about the Puerta match, the comments he made about Novak made me smile, so I figured maybe we could copy the idea here and just collect stuff other players are saying about him :) If you think this is stupid, well this thread can just fade into oblivion :p

"He's a future champion...the next time he comes to Bercy, he will be in the top 30, I'm sure."

"I believe he will be champion one day. He's young and he plays so well. I noticed the mask. I think it's good for tennis. He lives his tennis in a very happy way."

Saumon
11-02-2005, 06:41 PM
i think if we rewatch the interview of marat by courier (hello scott :wavey: :lol: ) we may find some quotes about him ;)

Saumon
11-02-2005, 08:05 PM
I wish all the best to this kid, because he's a great talent , he's a great potential... I wish him all the best!
:yeah:

PennyThePenguin
11-03-2005, 01:04 PM
i think if we rewatch the interview of marat by courier (hello scott :wavey: :lol: ) we may find some quotes about him ;)

oh yeah. that courier interview was great... (right scott??? :D) but mcenroe's from last year was better ;)

Scotso
11-03-2005, 05:30 PM
:fiery:

PennyThePenguin
11-04-2005, 01:04 PM
owww.scott's mad...i better waddle out of here :D

savesthedizzle
01-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Novak Djokovic. This 18-year-old from Serbia has a bright future. He has an aggressive all-around game and a tremendous work ethic that should make him a force for the next decade. Djokovic will break through at a big tournament this year, and his coming-out party might be at the Australian Open, where he qualified for the first time last year, losing to eventual champion Safin.

:yeah:

Saumon
05-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Novak Djokovic, I understand, is young [18] and it's not easy the second year on the Tour. Maybe he needs one more year. For sure, he's going to play better in the second part of the year, but maybe next year a lot better still.
:p

savesthedizzle
05-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Awwww when and why did Rafa say this? Rafa didn't even play him? Did he just randomly start talking about Novak for no reason? :lol: I also enjoy Rafa saying Novak is young, as if Rafa is some grandpa. :p

But still :hug: for Rafa.

Saumon
05-01-2006, 01:49 PM
they asked him about the other young players (gasquet, monfils, murray, berdych...)
there's a thread in GM ;)

savesthedizzle
05-01-2006, 01:53 PM
they asked him about the other young players (gasquet, monfils, murray, berdych...)
there's a thread in GM ;)

Ahhhh cool :)

Grofica
05-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Cool thread!!!

Björki
05-09-2006, 08:41 AM
nothing important but...

from Jonas Björkman, 2006-05-05
After visiting my family in Båstad, Sweden, I went back to Monte Carlo last Sunday, spent this week training with Thomas Johansson, Ivan Ljubicic, and Novak Djokovic.

belco
05-14-2006, 10:04 AM
cool thread

Saumon
05-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Q - Do you feel there are any changes in the game after your 6 months absence with injury?

Always coming back after a long break away – you feel the game is more quicker. I do not know if this is true or if I have to get used to it – it just feels like this. However I definitely see a transition of more young players such as Monfils, Murray, Djokovic, Gasquet and Nadal is already there and the older guys they have be in shape as there is a lot more depth to the field in any tournament.
;)

PennyThePenguin
05-19-2006, 02:30 PM
marat never said a truer word :angel:

Saumon
07-03-2006, 08:59 PM
after their match today:
Yeah, he played quarters in French, came to fourth round here. I think today was a great match. Could go either way. Like I said before, great up and coming player. I think he has a great future. I mean, he's already here. It's not that, you know, he's coming far back.. With these results I think he gonna very soon be Top 20, Top 10.
He has everything. Serving, I think he improved a lot his serve, first and second, and mix it up great. Then from the backhand returning, he's so solid. He doesn't miss. Play very close to the line take it early, has both sides he can hit a winner off. I think, you know, just being here and playing, I think he gonna come in soon, gonna have a great results.

savesthedizzle
07-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Awww Mario :D

07-03-2006, 09:03 PM
i hated mario after match cause novak lost ( but i must admit i am his huge fan) - but after this comment on novak's playing today...i am again his fan...he is such a good guy :D

Natasha250688
09-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Djokovic hits the crap out of the ball.

:lol:
Mardy after the match

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2006-08-28/200608281156819395296.html

uglyamerican
09-01-2006, 08:29 PM
Mardy with the Minnesota Twins hat! I always forget he was born up here.

Scotso
09-02-2006, 02:57 AM
:D

savesthedizzle
02-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Tournament director Richard Krajicek expects to a bright future for Djokovic: “I think he’ll climb into the ATP top 5 by the end of 2007.”

PennyThePenguin
02-22-2007, 12:03 PM
:D that's a good goal to work towards :)

savesthedizzle
05-11-2007, 02:34 AM
On his match with Djokovic: "Winning Miami, winning Estoril, winning Adelaide, playing in the final in Indian Wells. Very, very difficult match. He's coming with confidence. He's a very good player and is going to be one of the best players in the world for a long time."

:)

uglyamerican
05-11-2007, 02:45 AM
I prefer a potential, long-term rivalry to any other rivalry.

I discovered you can hear the McEnroe podcast thing without doing anything special...like paying money.

http://www.mixbroadcast.com/podcasts/blackrock_podcast_2.mp3

The Novak related stuff is about 1/3 of the way through the total time. 4 minutes, 50 seconds.

I think most of his comments have been posted in here:

--"I like him because he's smart"
--"I really think he's gonna step it up"
--"He cocky, in a good way"

savesthedizzle
05-11-2007, 02:45 AM
Is this different than the Stella Artois podcast because you can get that free on iTunes too I believe :)

uglyamerican
05-11-2007, 02:48 AM
Is this different than the Stella Artois podcast because you can get that free on iTunes too I believe :)

It's a different one. Stella Artois is an interview with Novak, right. This one is just John McEnore talking about Novak.

savesthedizzle
05-11-2007, 02:54 AM
The Stella Artois one had an interview with Novak once. McEnroe talks on the podcast every week :shrug:

uglyamerican
05-11-2007, 04:25 AM
I'm a little surprised that Rafa can recite all of Novak's titles this year without pausing--even the little Adelaide tournament.

uglyamerican
06-05-2007, 08:58 PM
SI.com: I spoke with Andre Agassi before coming over here and he told me he thought you were the second-best overall tennis player in the world.

Djokovic: Well, of course that is a big honor. Everyone knows what a legend he is on and off court, so I take it as a very big compliment. We have similar styles -- we both hit hard and attack, and I look up to him very much. Pete Sampras was my idol growing up. Even though I don't play like him, I just loved watching him play.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

That makes sense. Andre should like Novak's style of play.

The whole interview:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/justin_gimelstob/06/05/djokovic.qa/

liptea
06-06-2007, 02:19 AM
can i make a quote about novak?

uglyamerican
06-06-2007, 12:58 PM
can i make a quote about novak?

One that you've read/heard? Or a quote of yourself?

Either way the answer is yes. ;)

marina988
06-06-2007, 05:26 PM
I didn't know that! :)

Saumon
06-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Everybody is here to win the title and the last four are the ones who want to win it most you can say. Djokovic is a young player who is one year younger than me and already third in the ranking of the year which we call “Race”. This means that he has been playing very well and that he’s up there. We’ll see. Actually he’s a very young player, he’s one year younger than me but still it seems that I’m older. Maybe because I’ve been on the circuit for four or almost five years, which are a few years already… I think that he’s been there for about two years which is a lot as well and now he has very good results. I think that he might be a future number 1.
:p

marina988
06-11-2007, 10:51 AM
Oh Rafa...... :)

B.Bojan
06-19-2007, 11:44 PM
He's right about that, I must say :D

I like him a bit more now :P

marina988
06-22-2007, 12:18 PM
He's right about that, I must say :D

I like him a bit more now :P

I don't know why, but I just can't get myself to like him!!!
I really tried,but.....nothing! :)

Saumon
07-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Novak played really good. He is very good, he is up there and I think he will be at the top one day.
:inlove:

uglyamerican
08-11-2007, 12:30 AM
More love from Pat McEnroe----"He's a thinking man's player."

In other words, Novak fans are the smartest people on earth.

Layla13
08-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Oh yes we are :)

savesthedizzle
08-11-2007, 01:37 AM
More love from Pat McEnroe----"He's a thinking man's player."

In other words, Novak fans are the smartest people on earth.

I was shocked how much Nole love P-Mac was spewing considering how much Roddick love he usually spouts ;) Twas nice :p "Oh that was Federeresque" "Oh he does this so much better than Roddick" "Oh he does that so much better" :lol: It was very nice :lol:

MilanDokic
08-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Bjorn Borg believes that a Grand Slam title is just around the corner for Novak Djokovic after the young Serb defeated Roger Federer in the final of the Montreal Masters last night.

Borg, who rejoined the BlackRock Tour of Champions in fine style in the Algarve, Portugal last week and is now planning a busy schedule of events this year, said:

"Djokovic is definitely a contender to win a Grand Slam. He can beat anyone on the tour. He's already proved that because he's beaten them all now. He's still very young, but he's going to be really up there with Federer and Nadal.

"He's a great player, he has a great game and he can play on all kinds of surfaces. He did well at Wimbledon this year, he can do well at the US Open, but I think he's going to do even better at the Grand Slam tournaments next year."

Written by David Law

See Video... (http://nole.beocity.net/video/2007/montreal/borg_on_djokovic.avi)

savesthedizzle
08-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Bjorn Borg believes that a Grand Slam title is just around the corner for Novak Djokovic after the young Serb defeated Roger Federer in the final of the Montreal Masters last night.

Borg, who rejoined the BlackRock Tour of Champions in fine style in the Algarve, Portugal last week and is now planning a busy schedule of events this year, said:

"Djokovic is definitely a contender to win a Grand Slam. He can beat anyone on the tour. He's already proved that because he's beaten them all now. He's still very young, but he's going to be really up there with Federer and Nadal.

"He's a great player, he has a great game and he can play on all kinds of surfaces. He did well at Wimbledon this year, he can do well at the US Open, but I think he's going to do even better at the Grand Slam tournaments next year."

Written by David Law

See Video... (http://nole.beocity.net/video/2007/montreal/borg_on_djokovic.avi)

Booo you beat me! I was about to post the same quotes :rolls:

I knew I always liked Borg ;)

IFoughtThe
09-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Exciting times ahead!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMn4VZVehKQ

dejosav
01-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Federer

Q. When you hear Novak saying, I think I can win the tournament and there's a feeling Roger is beatable, do you get the highlighter out and circle that or say, I just heard it before?

ROGER FEDERER: Heard it before and don't read it anymore because it's the same thing over and over again. Look, it's the way, I told you the same thing, it's like reliving this whole thing. But this is the way you're supposed to think out there. You are not coming here to lose in the first round. You're coming here to hopefully do well and then win tournament if you're one of the top 10 guys. That's reality. That's nothing new. That's not cocky. That's confidence. That's just a normal tennis player.

With Rafa we have tendency to hear different things. He's not that vocal. He's not that open. He always thinks I'm the greatest. It's just a different type of talk. He has more problems with the English language, as well, so he's never going to be that confident.

But I have absolutely no problems with what Novak has been saying or apparently been saying. I really don't care because he cares about his game, I care about him, and it's good when we play each other.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2008-01-23/200801231201089164334.html