It's the big one! Mario, Ivan, Goran and Ivo go to war! DC Final Croatia v Slovakia [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

It's the big one! Mario, Ivan, Goran and Ivo go to war! DC Final Croatia v Slovakia

Pages : [1] 2

Éowyn
11-02-2005, 02:49 AM
So paris is over! and there is nothing else remaining in the season It is now time for the big won

Ajmo Hrvatska :bounce:

I assume the 4th team member is Ivo. to be honest my brain stops working at mention of Goran and Mario together :p

I♥PsY@Mus!c
11-02-2005, 04:50 AM
I hope this team will win coz they deserve it. ;) BTW it's time to win the first single match now.He won 3 last matches aganist Hrbaty,even though Hrbaty is a different person in DC he can beat him as well,I think Mario will have much less pressure not to play in his home,if he can't play great rallies,come on only serves thousand of aces to win! :lol:

MariaV
11-02-2005, 04:59 AM
They have to win this war, they just have to!!! I'll be cheering for them as hard as I can. :lol: AJMO!!!!!!!! :bigclap: :banana: :yippee:

lovemario
11-02-2005, 05:19 AM
to be honest my brain stops working at mention of Goran and Mario together :p
mine too :angel:

There's a dc final? :D

Éowyn
11-02-2005, 11:29 PM
:lol: twinse yes i believe there is!

radical sweetie! it is possible that amrio may not be the first match it's luck of the draw he could be second :scared:

El Legenda
11-03-2005, 01:13 AM
Go Croatia, Day 1 Ivan and Mario both win there matchs, then take the title in dubs :woohoo:

Éowyn
11-03-2005, 01:37 AM
that'd be nice but we'll have to wait and see if thats what happens

lovemario
11-03-2005, 06:35 AM
Rd we finally agree on sth! That was my idel scenario. And then on Sunday we enjoy Goran 'playin' with the Slovaks :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
11-03-2005, 07:50 AM
:lol: twinse yes i believe there is!

radical sweetie! it is possible that amrio may not be the first match it's luck of the draw he could be second :scared:
But don't they always schedule Host No.1 vs Guest No.2 first,then Host No.2 vs Guest No.1 in day 1,Éowyn baby? http://yelims.free.fr/SpecialNouveauxNes/Bebe16.gif

fanancic
11-03-2005, 11:13 AM
AJMO HRVATSKA !!!!!!!!!!!

AJMO MARIO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :worship:

vero
11-03-2005, 07:37 PM
That was my idel scenario.
that's mine too of course :p and that must be everybody's one i guess ;) (except slovak fans)

But don't they always schedule Host No.1 vs Guest No.2 first,then Host No.2 vs Guest No.1 in day 1 Éowyn baby?
though i'm not JJ, i think i can answer : the order of play of the first day is drawn lots during the draw ceremony.

Éowyn
11-03-2005, 11:30 PM
vero said exactly what i was gonna say! yes it is drawn on the draw day! so it is totally luck! it just has happened to be mario playing first most times :lol:

Éowyn
11-03-2005, 11:32 PM
http://yelims.free.fr/SpecialNouveauxNes/Bebe16.gif

i use that smiley for sanja on msn :p

I♥PsY@Mus!c
11-04-2005, 10:02 AM
I see,girls! :kiss:

i use that smiley for sanja on msn :p
You seemd to say that before. :aplot:
I use http://yelims.free.fr/SpecialNouveauxNes/Bebe28.gif for my Paulo. :inlove:

Éowyn
11-05-2005, 01:08 AM
I see,girls! :kiss:

You seemd to say that before. :aplot:
I use http://yelims.free.fr/SpecialNouveauxNes/Bebe28.gif for my Paulo. :inlove:

lol i use that one for paulo on msn too :p

11-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Since Eowyn talks about Mario I thought I would pay a visit to this area. When is this Final going to take place anyway? I am also wanting Croatia to win. In fact I have a bet on them which I hope doesn't jinx them. I have been known to be a jinx :sad:

mini155
11-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Since Eowyn talks about Mario I thought I would pay a visit to this area.:wavey:
When is this Final going to take place anyway? 2.-4.12.2005
I am also wanting Croatia to win. In fact I have a bet on them which I hope doesn't jinx them. I have been known to be a jinx :sad:Please don´t jinx them, bet all the money you have left on Slovakia, or do whatever you have to, to change your jinx... :sad:

Éowyn
11-08-2005, 06:43 PM
hey mae :wavey: finally learning to love baby huh?

11-09-2005, 02:53 AM
At least as far as I know baby shows up where he is supposed to. Mr. Roddick, on the other hand, will not be playing the Masters Cup! Don't get me wrong I think charity is nice for players to do, but Andy was supposed to be injuried. Yet he plays in a Charity Event, but can't play in the Masters Cup. I bet baby would have better sense than to do that! To tell you the truth I don't think Andy really wanted to go to the Masters Cup! And I would say baby would love to have the chance to do something like that! And I hope he gets the chance some day ;) And I'm sorry my bet is already in so if they lose I guess you can blame me :sad: But I'm thinking positive they are going to Win ;)

vero
11-09-2005, 03:17 PM
At least as far as I know baby shows up where he is supposed to. Mr. Roddick, on the other hand, will not be playing the Masters Cup! Don't get me wrong I think charity is nice for players to do, but Andy was supposed to be injuried. Yet he plays in a Charity Event, but can't play in the Masters Cup. I bet baby would have better sense than to do that! To tell you the truth I don't think Andy really wanted to go to the Masters Cup!
:eek: Do you really think so ? Is it possible that someone does not want to play such a big event ? :cuckoo: I can't believe it !!

And I would say baby would love to have the chance to do something like that! And I hope he gets the chance some day ;)
Yes, that would be awesome :cool: I wish this time will come one day too :)

And I'm sorry my bet is already in so if they lose I guess you can blame me :sad: But I'm thinking positive they are going to Win ;)
No, no, won't blame you, for sure :hug: And then, I'm sure you won't jinx them ;) you surely do that only for the others, not for the croatian guys ! :angel:

Éowyn
11-09-2005, 06:27 PM
At least as far as I know baby shows up where he is supposed to. Mr. Roddick, on the other hand, will not be playing the Masters Cup! Don't get me wrong I think charity is nice for players to do, but Andy was supposed to be injuried. Yet he plays in a Charity Event, but can't play in the Masters Cup. I bet baby would have better sense than to do that! To tell you the truth I don't think Andy really wanted to go to the Masters Cup! And I would say baby would love to have the chance to do something like that! And I hope he gets the chance some day ;) And I'm sorry my bet is already in so if they lose I guess you can blame me :sad: But I'm thinking positive they are going to Win ;)

unfortunately i think it is not that andy doesn't want to play masters cup it is that he doesn't have the guts to say no to the charities! it is very sad it cos him his relationship with brad gilbert (brad got 1 week to work with andy between seasons). Mario however i think will reach the masters cup eventually but i am glad it is not this year! mario is now concentrating on getting ready for the davis cup! with ivo and goran. Ivan however is not even thinking about it and i think that could cost them :sad:

anyway i don't care about them! i've given up all hope on andy for now until he repairs his brain. and so long as baby is working i'm happy! ill but happy

lovemario
11-11-2005, 08:09 PM
Since Eowyn talks about Mario I thought I would pay a visit to this area. When is this Final going to take place anyway? I am also wanting Croatia to win. In fact I have a bet on them which I hope doesn't jinx them. I have been known to be a jinx :sad:

twinse talking bt mario?? Nooo way :angel: hehehe

twinse spreading baby love, good twinse :hug:

lovemario
11-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Ivan however is not even thinking about it and i think that could cost them :sad

I think you're unfair to Ivan here, it's not that he doesnt think of dc, of course he's concentrating on masters now and there's enough time till the final to be prepared. If mario by some chance had qualified for masters, he wouldnt have cancelled it for dc, dont you think?

MariaV
11-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Ivan however is not even thinking about it and i think that could cost them :sad:

Noooooo!!! Think positive dear, get well and think positive!!!!!!! :hug: :smooch: We need to send all our positive energy to the Croatian team! :D :D

Éowyn
11-11-2005, 11:40 PM
twinse talking bt mario?? Nooo way :angel: hehehe

twinse spreading baby love, good twinse :hug:

:angel: me good twinse me tell the world about baby :p

I think you're unfair to Ivan here, it's not that he doesnt think of dc, of course he's concentrating on masters now and there's enough time till the final to be prepared. If mario by some chance had qualified for masters, he wouldnt have cancelled it for dc, dont you think?

i was teasing sweetie coz the almighty god goran did cancel so i was actually praising god not insulting ivan but it is sad that the team are preparing minus one and it could be a risk that costs them coz it has been a very long season for ivan!.

Éowyn
11-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Noooooo!!! Think positive dear, get well and think positive!!!!!!! :hug: :smooch: We need to send all our positive energy to the Croatian team! :D :D

im positive i have faith in baby, goran and ivo. i don't really mind what ivan does so long as overall they win it :p. my baby and goran are all that matter to me

lovemario
11-12-2005, 08:41 PM
my baby and goran are all that matter to me
:dance:

i was teasing sweetie coz the almighty god goran did cancel so i was actually praising god not insulting ivan but it is sad that the team are preparing minus one and it could be a risk that costs them coz it has been a very long season for ivan!.

I didnt say you insulted ivan, and sorry but I cant see the teasing part in your post, anyways it doesnt matter cause, like I said Ivan is thinking of masters now and from next week he'll think of dc :)

Besides team has not gathered yet, mario is still resting but the captain already announced the players, so here's the official list:

Ivan Ljubicic
Mario Ancic
Goran 'god' Ivanisevic
Ivo Karlovic
Sasa Tuksar

And they will team up November 26 to start preparations yay

'Let the games begin...' :bounce:

Éowyn
11-13-2005, 12:17 AM
babys practicing with goran apparently one of my friends on the T4U forums saw them practicing in split :D

twinse me likes you avvy

lovemario
11-13-2005, 12:43 PM
of course you do cause it's wonderful :D even with the horror of bandana, but I just concentrate on the (serious-love it) face:)

Éowyn
11-13-2005, 11:23 PM
i hate to say it but i have come to like the bandana of the black variety :) the white one i can't bring myself to like but the black one has grown on me

lovemario
11-14-2005, 12:44 AM
I trully dislike it, but like I said the black one isnt that obvious as the white one, so it can pass. The face is what matters :)

Éowyn
11-14-2005, 01:29 AM
i can't help it, it's mario! he could wear a chelsea shirt :scared: and i would still love him. but mario please never test that theory never ever wear a chelsea shirt please :awww:

ataptc
11-14-2005, 03:57 AM
:lol: Good that baby is practising already.. I hope Ivan won't be tired from playing too much..

Éowyn
11-14-2005, 04:01 AM
so long as baby and goran are being good i''m quite happy :)

ataptc
11-14-2005, 04:19 AM
yes our good boys :D

Éowyn
11-14-2005, 04:21 AM
:baby:

vero
11-17-2005, 07:35 PM
here's Ivan's thoughts before Davis Cup final :

Ivan talks about DC final (http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/audio/mp3/DC_5058_mp3.MP3)

hehe, yes guy, Mario does practise hard and prepare himself for this, i'm sure :angel: and yes, that would be so :awww: and :sad: to lose it and yes, doesnt matter who win the points if the team win 3 of them at the end (though i especially like the scenario you give with Mario winning his two singles and the doubles :cool: )

mini155
11-17-2005, 08:57 PM
though i especially like the scenario you give with Mario winning his two singles and the doubles :cool:

I would actually like it the most if Ivan and Mario would win their singles on the first day and the doubles next day, so everything would be decided in the first two days... I still don´t know how I am supposed to survive three so important days... I´ll go crazy, before they even finish the first match... :retard:

Éowyn
11-17-2005, 11:38 PM
i want it all to be down to mario and maybe goran :p

vero
11-18-2005, 09:16 AM
I would actually like it the most if Ivan and Mario would win their singles on the first day and the doubles next day, so everything would be decided in the first two days... I still don´t know how I am supposed to survive three so important days... I´ll go crazy, before they even finish the first match... :retard:
:yeah: another pretty good scenario too mini ;) well, actually it seems i like every scenario which ends in the victory of Croatia :)

MariaV
11-18-2005, 09:22 AM
well, actually it seems i like every scenario which ends in the victory of Croatia :)
totally agree vero, totally agree :D :cool:

vero
11-18-2005, 09:46 AM
:hug: auntie Maria !

MariaV
11-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Thanks dear, right back at you. :smooch: :hug:
And I hope Ivan will be fit and prepared enough to take the last hurdle, he looked so tired yesterday. :unsure: :scared: :bigclap: :bounce:

mini155
11-18-2005, 04:12 PM
:yeah: another pretty good scenario too mini ;) well, actually it seems i like every scenario which ends in the victory of Croatia :)

Becuase we don´t want to even think about anything than winning?!?! ;)

Éowyn
11-18-2005, 11:41 PM
so long as baby plays well i will be happy

vero
11-19-2005, 08:28 AM
Becuase we don´t want to even think about anything than winning?!?! ;)
i suppose that's it ;)

so long as baby plays well i will be happy
of course if Mario does his utmost and plays his best tennis, and no doubt he will, he (and us in the same time) couldnt have any regrets, whatever happens at the end :angel:

Éowyn
11-20-2005, 12:04 AM
but we still want him to win :p

11-20-2005, 02:58 AM
Yes please win ;) I don't want to lose another bet :sad:

MariaV
11-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Yes, Croatia CANNOT lose the final, simply CANNOT!!!!!! :bigclap: :bounce: :yippee:
I would be sooooooo sad and disappointed. Uhhhhhhh, I don't even want to think about it.

maty
11-20-2005, 09:11 PM
of course they have to win it would be a dissaster if they lose,so

ajmo decki

vero
11-20-2005, 09:44 PM
hey, welcome maty :wavey:

vero
11-20-2005, 09:54 PM
but we still want him to win :p
yes, OF COURSE we do want the victory (and i cant even think to another outcome) and OF COURSE we do want Mario to win his (singles) matches !!!

Éowyn
11-20-2005, 10:53 PM
i suspect slovakia are saying the same thing

11-21-2005, 04:22 AM
i suspect slovakia are saying the same thing
LOL I'm sure they are, but I didn't bet on them :eek:

Éowyn
11-22-2005, 02:13 AM
i told ya put whats left on them and you can't go wrong! i have alot on croatia and will probably put the rest on them on them too! but i have longer odds than most coz i put them on way back in the second round lol

11-22-2005, 04:06 AM
You are so smart at betting. I have only made two bets since I have been in the Forum and Ivan caused me to lose my first one! So why am I betting on him again :confused:
Actually the rest of you can do much better with the betting because you know much more about tennis than I do. I just watch tennis because I enjoy it :) I don't know about shot selection or anything technical at all about the game of tennis :rolleyes: I think I just like to look at the guys--LOL

vero
11-23-2005, 12:20 PM
:aplot:

Éowyn
11-24-2005, 12:31 AM
You are so smart at betting. I have only made two bets since I have been in the Forum and Ivan caused me to lose my first one! So why am I betting on him again :confused:
Actually the rest of you can do much better with the betting because you know much more about tennis than I do. I just watch tennis because I enjoy it :) I don't know about shot selection or anything technical at all about the game of tennis :rolleyes: I think I just like to look at the guys--LOL

i never bet on ivan unless he's playing federer (i bet on everyone against fed :lol: ) or he's playing doubles with mario. i ususally bet on the underdog and my boys

11-24-2005, 02:50 AM
Well since this is the Davis Cup I had to bet on both Mario and Ivan. There was no way to split the bet :sad:

lovemario
11-24-2005, 09:14 PM
i told ya put whats left on them and you can't go wrong! i have alot on croatia and will probably put the rest on them on them too! but i have longer odds than most coz i put them on way back in the second round lol

hehe me too :p

Éowyn
11-25-2005, 12:49 AM
Well since this is the Davis Cup I had to bet on both Mario and Ivan. There was no way to split the bet :sad:

well there is when they put up the individual matches :p

lovemario
11-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Omg now that Goran is mentioned in the team all the time, it sounds so sureal, I mean, I knew and before that he'll be there with them and all, but now it's all so close and WILL HAPPEN!:bigclap:

Diadora created special outfits for the players with some croatian marks specially for the final, and all guys(all other than mario) are sponsored with diadora including Goran and wil wear the same outfit, just mario cant :awww: But I dont find them that pretty so maybe it's not such a bad thing

Good news is that Croatian supporters got around 1000 tickets, and not round 400 hundred like it was said in the beginning, so round 1/4 of audience will be Croats and that's great, guys will feel almost like home.
Omg this is so close that it's scary,I cant wait. Of course I will have to skip college on Friday but who cares when history is being made!:lol:

lovemario
11-25-2005, 10:38 PM
From the official DC site:

Davis Cup as nation-builder: Croatia

With coastal beaches that stretch for as far as the eye can see, clear blue waters set against spectacular mountain backdrops, and an array of beautiful towns and cities, Croatia has plenty to feel good about.

But ask the majority of its inhabitants to name something or someone from their country that they are proud of, and they will probably mention one of their nation’s favourite sporting stars.

When Goran Ivanisevic won the Wimbledon final in 2001, the nation came to a virtual standstill – every man, woman and child seemed to be glued to a television screen. When Goran sailed victoriously into the harbour of his home town Split, he was greeted by 150,000 of his countryfolk. Some, it is said, drove their cars into the sea to meet him. If Croatia wins the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas final, expect something similar.

Ivanisevic is one in a long list of sporting stars that have made a splash on the world scene since Croatia declared its independence from Yugoslavia in 1991.

Skier Janica Kostelic is an Olympic gold medallist, the nation boasts a number of players that have infiltrated the ranks of the top American basketball league, the NBA, but perhaps closest to Croatian hearts is the achievement of their football team at the 1998 World Cup. While media attention focused on others, Croatia quietly moved into the quarterfinals, and then pulled off the shock of the tournament by beating Germany. They ultimately finished third.

After the horrors of the Balkan wars – a series of conflicts that took place between 1991 and 1995 following the break-up of the former Yugoslavia – Croatia needed something positive to grasp on to as it struggled to assert its identity as a newly self-governing nation.

During and immediately following the wars of the early 1990s, a country once renowned for its natural beauty and celebrated for its hospitality became feared and tainted by the disturbing images that appeared on television screens around the world.

Neighbouring Bosnia, where Ivan Ljubicic grew up, had been much worse affected, but even for someone like Mario Ancic, who grew up in Split (some 200 km away) it was impossible to ignore. “There was no bombing in Split, but it’s always tough when you see your people fighting and only a couple of hundred kilometres from you there are terrible things going on,” he said.

Sporting success helped to change the focus, and, ten years on, the recovery is complete. Croatia has recently been rediscovered as a destination for tourism, and heavily promoted on television channels such as CNN and Eurosport. “The Mediterranean as it used to be”, claim the commercials, and with some justification. While other holiday locations have become over-developed, Croatia has maintained its intrinsic charm, and its people are very welcoming.

A stretch of land shaped like a boomerang, Croatia runs parallel to Italy, indeed they share the Adriatic Sea. It has something that would appeal to every visitor. Split, and the rest of the Dalmatian coast, is a holiday destination for anyone wanting to slow down and relax. Dubrovnik, classified as a cultural monument by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO), drips with beauty, history and culture. Zagreb – the capital city – is set in the north of the country, and is a metropolis for business and night life.

Then there are the islands – 1,185 in total, only 66 of which are inhabited. One of them, Brac, can lay claim to Croatia’s most observed but least known export. The island is famous for its white stone, the stone that was used in the construction of the White House in Washington DC.

And wherever you go in Croatia between 2 and 4 December, as the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas final unfolds, you can bet that this sports-mad nation will be watching.

11-26-2005, 03:50 AM
A wonderful article. Thanks so much for posting it :)

Éowyn
11-27-2005, 12:23 AM
i'm so excited and waiting for it is killing me! only a lil while longer to go

lovemario
11-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Mario and Ivan will be on TV later, mario will be on tv, mario on tv.......:clap2:

vero
11-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Diadora created special outfits for the players with some croatian marks specially for the final, and all guys(all other than mario) are sponsored with diadora including Goran and wil wear the same outfit, just mario cant :awww: But I dont find them that pretty so maybe it's not such a bad thing
:awww:

Good news is that Croatian supporters got around 1000 tickets, and not round 400 hundred like it was said in the beginning, so round 1/4 of audience will be Croats and that's great, guys will feel almost like home.
:cool: agree with you, with all those Croats in the crowd, they should feel a bit more the support of their fans and not feel completely "lost and alone in a whole Slovak world" :)

lovemario
11-27-2005, 11:23 PM
:awww:

Ivan said today that he'll only wear this shirt, although Diadora is sponsor for Ivo too :confused: Doesnt matter anyways since mario wont wear it. When asked are they superstitious, he said that he isnt but that he'll wear same red&white shirt :D

lovemario
11-27-2005, 11:25 PM
So the guys were on tv today, reporting live from Bratislava, and there was a bonus: Goran with them yay!! Omg it was so funny, they're so crazy, they were laughing all the time. Goran had his moment as always; the woman asked him if we're gonna see him on court refering to if we'll see him play and he answered that we'll see him for sure but he doesnt know what he'll be doing! I died of laughing and Ivan and Mario too.
And then when she started asking questions to the captain(and he's always careful when speaking and serious and correct-would never predict, just says we'll have to give our best and stuff) and she asked that they heard that there will be a special croatian bar in Bratislava to celebrate and gather of cro fans, and he was right away ''what celebration, we have to play and there will be time for celebration…'' and the guys were just looking at the floor and laughing!!! :haha:

And last but not the least: Mario has cut his hair :baby: :woohoo:

A small video of it here (http://sport.hrt.hr/htvsport/default.asp)

Éowyn
11-28-2005, 12:41 AM
no mario no cutting hair :bigcry: me liked curly baby hair :sad:

Éowyn
11-28-2005, 12:45 AM
me no see video :bigcry: could some lovely person uplaod it somewhere so i can see!

lovemario
11-28-2005, 06:48 PM
What's that site you can use to upload videos?

vero
11-28-2005, 09:34 PM
Ivan said today that he'll only wear this shirt, although Diadora is sponsor for Ivo too :confused: Doesnt matter anyways since mario wont wear it.
yep, you're right. i see a pic of Ivan with this shirt today and like you, i think i prefer Mario to wear his usual red shirt ;)

When asked are they superstitious, he said that he isnt but that he'll wear same red&white shirt :D
:lol:

vero
11-28-2005, 09:46 PM
So the guys were on tv today, reporting live from Bratislava, and there was a bonus: Goran with them yay!! Omg it was so funny, they're so crazy, they were laughing all the time.
:cool: glad to know the atmosphere is as good and relaxed as it usually seems to be.

And then when she started asking questions to the captain(and he's always careful when speaking and serious and correct-would never predict, just says we'll have to give our best and stuff) and she asked that they heard that there will be a special croatian bar in Bratislava to celebrate and gather of cro fans, and he was right away ''what celebration, we have to play and there will be time for celebration…'' and the guys were just looking at the floor and laughing!!! :haha:
:haha: and no one knows about this stuff, my foot ! :rolleyes:

And last but not the least: Mario has cut his hair :baby: :woohoo:
:D :D

A small video of it here (http://sport.hrt.hr/htvsport/default.asp)
thanks sweetie :kiss:

lovemario
11-28-2005, 10:13 PM
and no one knows about this stuff, my foot ! :rolleyes:
Sorry dear, what do you mean by this :scratch:

Éowyn
11-28-2005, 11:26 PM
nice to see hrbaty has finally noticed what no one else seems to!

he said today "croatia are the favorites coz of ivan, Ivan is NOT croatia!" he was saying how it's a team event and it is possible for slovakia to win it and he's dead right. it is not all about ivan it is about CROATIA as a whole and SLOVAKIA as a whole! no one man can do it

ataptc
11-29-2005, 02:53 AM
Omg this is so close that it's scary,I cant wait. Of course I will have to skip college on Friday but who cares when history is being made!:lol:
Meaning tickets are reserved for you Croats? :) Cheer them on for us MTFers :)

lovemario
11-29-2005, 02:59 AM
Yes Croatia had to get some tickets and a lot were bought on free sales, cause bratislava is not far and lots have friends there, but I'll be cheering only from tv :sad:

Éowyn
11-29-2005, 02:59 AM
not long to go :)

lovemario
11-29-2005, 03:02 AM
3 days to go.....

lovemario
11-29-2005, 03:03 AM
I read today that goran practised most today, does that mean we'll see him play?? Please god.

Éowyn
11-29-2005, 03:07 AM
*wants him to play doubles with baby* *dies at thought*

lovemario
11-29-2005, 03:09 AM
please please please

Éowyn
11-29-2005, 03:11 AM
woudl be very nice to see them play together again

ataptc
11-29-2005, 03:21 AM
me no see video :bigcry: could some lovely person uplaod it somewhere so i can see!
I dont know how to.. ? :(

ataptc
11-29-2005, 03:21 AM
What's that site you can use to upload videos?
erm http://www.yousendit.com/ ?

Éowyn
11-29-2005, 03:27 AM
me no know! linus usually does it for me so i can download :) but me no know where :awww:

Éowyn
11-29-2005, 03:28 AM
well except for AM of course coz i know how she does that lol

ataptc
11-29-2005, 03:34 AM
Yes Croatia had to get some tickets and a lot were bought on free sales, cause bratislava is not far and lots have friends there, but I'll be cheering only from tv :sad:
What's free sales? :scratch: Awww I thought you were going to see it live!

ataptc
11-29-2005, 03:35 AM
Is mario the one 2nd from the right lovemario? His hair was really short :awww:

ataptc
11-29-2005, 03:38 AM
me no know! linus usually does it for me so i can download :) but me no know where :awww:
I tried finding the previous thread of mario's audio and video but couldn't find it? Is it just me or is there only one page on the forum? thought there would be more than one since there are older threads?

Éowyn
11-29-2005, 03:42 AM
4 pages

ataptc
11-29-2005, 04:49 AM
Okay I can see it now :)

Éowyn
11-29-2005, 05:04 AM
good good :)

lovemario
11-29-2005, 09:50 AM
Sorry I have no time to upload it now, and yes mari is the 2nd from the right with the short hair(:inlove:)

What's free sales? Awww I thought you were going to see it live!
Thyt's where everyone can buy tickets, you know the ones that are not given to croatian tennis federation or to the sponsors

and I have no idea why you thought I would go but I cant :sad: I'll watch it same as you guys :bigcry:
But I'll watch mario yay

lovemario
11-29-2005, 09:51 AM
I read Slovakians plan to win; they'll take two points from mario and one from Ivan- well good luck to them with that!

MariaV
11-29-2005, 10:00 AM
I read Slovakians plan to win; they'll take two points from mario and one from Ivan- well good luck to them with that!
:haha: Yeah, I read that too. Mario will teach them a lesson! :lol:

ataptc
11-29-2005, 03:13 PM
C'mon on Baby. Prove your doubters wrong!! :fiery:

ataptc
11-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Sorry I have no time to upload it now, and yes mari is the 2nd from the right with the short hair(:inlove:)
Usually I like guys to have short cropped hair :hearts: but this time i'll have to side with JJ.. The hair : :crying2: It's wayy too short!!
Thyt's where everyone can buy tickets, you know the ones that are not given to croatian tennis federation or to the sponsors

and I have no idea why you thought I would go but I cant :sad: I'll watch it same as you guys :bigcry:
But I'll watch mario yay
Hmmm cos you seemed so excited about it? More than us.. Haha :hug:

vero
11-29-2005, 09:59 PM
surely because she's Croat ! ;)

vero
11-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Sorry dear, what do you mean by this :scratch:
opps, sorry sweetie, i didn't express my mind clearly ... i meant i really doubt, and it seemed to me you too, that any of the players hasn't heard about this bar and that's why they were laughing when Pilic answered, because they all know they'll go there after the tie ...

Éowyn
11-29-2005, 11:50 PM
i can't see it but i'm sure he looks lovely! but i still want his curls

lovemario
11-30-2005, 03:36 PM
surely because she's Croat ! ;)

surely !!!! :p

vero
11-30-2005, 09:41 PM
lucky girl ! ;)

vero
11-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Mario talks about his match against Hrbaty :

"If I played Dominik anywhere else I would say I was very confident, but here I know it will not be easy." Croatia's number two Mario Ancic shrugged off Slovakian suggestions that he had been targeted as his country's weak link, saying Hrbaty would be under intense pressure to win his opening singles in the Sibamac Arena on Friday. "He is going to have to win that match, he is their number one player, it's going to be difficult for him," Ancic, who has slight reservations about a slower-than-expected surface, said. "I've played him many times and won the last three so it's going to be a lot of pressure on him."

Éowyn
11-30-2005, 11:54 PM
my dear sisters it appears your flags are not working! they all appear to not be croatian! this is obviously a serious issue that must be repaired.

bring on the croatian flags

ataptc
12-01-2005, 02:23 AM
done :)

_pyromatic
12-01-2005, 03:07 AM
What do ya'll think about the Beck doping rumors?

MariaV
12-01-2005, 12:08 PM
from the DC site.
Draw made for Davis Cup Final
The draw has been made for the 2005 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group Final between Slovak Republic and Croatia in Bratislava:

Karol Beck (SVK) v Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)
Dominik Hrbaty (SVK) v Mario Ancic (CRO)
Karol Beck/Michael Mertinak (SVK) v Mario Ancic/Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)
Dominik Hrbaty (SVK) v Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)
Karol Beck (SVK) v Mario Ancic (CRO)

Mario will be playing 2nd tomorrow.
I hope to be home for Mario's match!!!!!!!!! AJMO HRVATSKA!!!!!!!!! :bigclap: :yippee: :bounce:

vero
12-01-2005, 12:58 PM
i hope you will auntie ! *fingers crossed*

Carlita
12-01-2005, 08:07 PM
:bounce: oooooooooh please win!!!! :bounce:

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/cheering.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/cheering.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/cheering.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/cheering.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/cheering.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/cheering.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/cheering.gif

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 12:42 AM
is it just me thats disappointed they haven't reversed the singles like usual usually the 2nd singles played is then plays the 4th now it's all set up for ivan to be the hero agian! i wnat baby to be the hero for once :awww: unels sof course they do it in 3 :lol:

Fergie
12-02-2005, 01:23 AM
Finally the day is here ... AJMO Mario!!! :bounce:

12-02-2005, 01:32 AM
is it just me thats disappointed they haven't reversed the singles like usual usually the 2nd singles played is then plays the 4th now it's all set up for ivan to be the hero agian! i wnat baby to be the hero for once :awww: unels sof course they do it in 3 :lol:
Thats the way to think let them do it in 3 :worship: ;)

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 01:38 AM
still depressing

vero
12-02-2005, 08:06 AM
of course win 3 out of the 5 points available is enough for me but still wish Mae is right :p

:bounce: AJMO IVAN :bounce: AJMO MARIO :bounce: AJMO HRVATSKA :bounce:

_pyromatic
12-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Today's the day!! Ajmo Croatia!! :yeah:

Carlita
12-02-2005, 01:13 PM
ooh one set and one break in da pocket :bounce:

pryss
12-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Ivan wins! 6/3 6/4 6/3 :banana: :banana: :banana:

now good luck mario :bounce:

Carlita
12-02-2005, 02:15 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/cheering.gif 2 more points HOPHOPHOP:D

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 02:32 PM
they showed baby interview :drool: me can't wait for him to come on tv! but he has to be good and do it in 2 hours coz i have to leave for work around 5.45.

fanancic
12-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Goran said that Mario was not very goood at training... Hope he will be better today!

AJMO MARIO!!!!!!!

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 02:40 PM
no he didn't!!!!!!! he said he was nervous! (as was ivan) and it's the davis cup final as peter flemming and ivan said if he's not nervous i'd be worried about him thats a big difference :rolleyes:

i'm about to kill sky! it's the davis cup final and all they could talk about was crappy andy murray! now they're on court they have had to go back to talking this how terrible for them

woooooooohhhhhhhoooooo they just showed sanja :) sanjas there in a croatia shirt with a spinny clicker thing i just forgot the name of lol

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 02:43 PM
wtf happened???? thought the first game was over then they suddenly went back to it again! everyone looked so confused :confused:

well me gonna sit and give baby my undivided attention now

fanancic
12-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Ok... I prefer that... Mario can win this match...

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 03:35 PM
fucking ridiculous! why the hell didn't they replay that point! it was a blatant call from the crowd and should have been replayed you can't claim it didn't put the players off! especially mario and it cost mario the set! disappointing as this is one of the best umpires around thats messing it up

they keep showing sanja in the crowd :) but sky don't seem to have picked up on the fact that it is his sister.

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 03:38 PM
goran giving baby advice :inlove: hope baby pays attention

El Legenda
12-02-2005, 03:44 PM
they keep showing sanja in the crowd :) but sky don't seem to have picked up on the fact that it is his sister.

thats a suprise, they do look at like :) , How is the crowd? 50/50? :D

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 03:55 PM
is it just me or is hrbatys ball toss going even higher than usual?

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 03:58 PM
thats a suprise, they do look at like :) , How is the crowd? 50/50? :D

i assume the actual film crew know it's her as they keep going back to her! or they've randomly picked her as the "pretty girl" they like to keep going back to (they do that with the football coverage in this country lol) but yeah i think the camera crew know but the commentators don't realise, nice to see her singing with the rest of the crowd

and yes it's pretty much 50/50 you don't have coverage?

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 03:59 PM
baby was 40-0 down now deuce

El Legenda
12-02-2005, 04:00 PM
and yes it's pretty much 50/50 you don't have coverage?

its on Tennis Channel, like 8 people in who USA get TC :rolleyes:

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 04:00 PM
didn't get the break but i think that will give him some more confidence on hamsters serve

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 04:09 PM
of course having confidence on hrbatys serve doesn't help much if he doens't hold his own :sad:

they just said on sky that only nalbandian has managed to beat hrbaty in the davis cup this year so only ivan has a better record than him, thats not exactly a great stat for mario :scared:

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 04:12 PM
its on Tennis Channel, like 8 people in who USA get TC :rolleyes:

at the moment thats probably not a bad thing it's not a particularly pretty match from either player, it's not bad it's just not been a very entertaining match, same with ivans, hope the doubles is more exciting tomorrow!

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 04:20 PM
double fault to lose the set :sad:
until the first game he was broken in mario hadn't dropped a point on first set, of course as soon as the commentater said that it wa sonly a matter of time before he lost it but i don't waht the stats are now but not so good i expect :sad:
come on baby at least force a set off of him to make him worry abit

eek hrbaty took his shirt :scared:

Éowyn
12-02-2005, 04:30 PM
i have to go to work now :sad: hope they'll let me put on there

MariaV
12-02-2005, 06:14 PM
:awww: JJ
Well, Mario lost but he fought till the end. Goran looked simply delicious, and he supported Mario as well as he could. ;) :lick:
One Russian commentator said Mario resembled Bambi. Awwww.
http://lnx.ginevra2000.it/Disney/bambi1/faline01.gif

Btw girls, what do you reckon, will Pilic play Ivan and Goran tomorrow? Pilic looked very serious. :(
The only stats Mario won were aces 31 to 18. He had less DFs too, 5 to 6.
Ah well, I hope he can recover. :D

Fergie
12-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Ah Baby :sad: :hug:

Now good luck in doubles! :yeah:

mini155
12-02-2005, 07:34 PM
:sad: This is so unfair!! Every player he has to play with in DC suddenly seems to be playing "the match of his life"!!! He was playing sooooo good, the croatian commentators were surprised about Mario beeing that good, but Hrbaty was kind of unbeateble today... I don´t know why, but last time Davidenko played an almost perfect match(and he confessed that he doesn´t know why, but that he was just able to win everything) and today Hrbaty kind of did the same thing Davidenko did the last time!!! I mean, what the fuck is going on?? Why can´t Mario be lucky once?! :banghead:

Still, well done Mario and I hope he keeps on playing the way he did today...

12-02-2005, 07:45 PM
OOOOOOOOOOH No! What did I do wrong now? Since I'm
a big jinx I placed just a small bet against Mario thinking if I bet against him he would win, but he didn't :confused:
I'm sorry Mario I thought I was doing the right thing :sad:
Blame me it is all my fault :(

mini155
12-02-2005, 08:32 PM
OOOOOOOOOOH No! What did I do wrong now? Since I'm
a big jinx I placed just a small bet against Mario thinking if I bet against him he would win, but he didn't :confused:
I'm sorry Mario I thought I was doing the right thing :sad:
Blame me it is all my fault :(

:hug: no, no, no, it´s not your fault!! The other players are jinxed, so they play brilliant when they have to play against Mario :sad:

vero
12-02-2005, 09:25 PM
congrats to Ivan :yeah: , of course still a bit :awww: and :sad: for Mario, though it seems Hrbaty played a great match, as Hrbaty himself told to the press conf ("I can rate this match as one of the best matches I played in Davis Cup throughout my career"). And it looks like it was also what Mario thought : "I can say just for today's match that, you know, he was playing extremely well."
But glad to see Mario's state of mind after that : "You know, it's 1 All. You know, we've been many time in this situations. You know, just regroup now and focus tomorrow for doubles." Good Mario :angel:

12-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Yes Mario please regroup for the doubles so I won't feel so bad :sad:

vero
12-02-2005, 09:38 PM
oh he will, for sure Mae ;)

El Legenda
12-03-2005, 04:07 AM
Mario just play good in doubles, win it, and everything else is taken care of :)

vero
12-03-2005, 08:58 AM
oh today's doubles point is gonna be crucial, as usual !!! c'mon guys :bounce:

Btw girls, what do you reckon, will Pilic play Ivan and Goran tomorrow? Pilic looked very serious.
I really don't know if Pilic is gonna replace Mario by Goran, but to be honest, i'd prefer to see Mario play this match. And Mario and Ivan didn't lose a doubles match in DC so far this year, so why change a team who win ? :shrug:

vero
12-03-2005, 09:23 AM
bwt, can someone explain me why Mario is the only player not to have his audio post-match interview on the DC site ?! :awww:

lovemario
12-03-2005, 10:54 AM
no he didn't!!!!!!! he said he was nervous! (as was ivan) and it's the davis cup final as peter flemming and ivan said if he's not nervous i'd be worried about him thats a big difference :rolleyes:
Hehe must defend babies :p
Goran said for cro tv that mario wasnt brilliant on practise but that doesnt mean anything :)

woooooooohhhhhhhoooooo they just showed sanja :) sanjas there in a croatia shirt with a spinny clicker thing i just forgot the name of lol
Yes, they showed her few times, in cro national football outfit, I think she was with friends from Split :angel:

lovemario
12-03-2005, 10:57 AM
double fault to lose the set :sad:

eek hrbaty took his shirt :scared:
:scared:

Fergie
12-03-2005, 10:57 AM
Mario will play a good match today and Croatia will take the lead 2-1 ... AJMO!!! :bounce:

lovemario
12-03-2005, 10:58 AM
:awww: JJ

One Russian commentator said Mario resembled Bambi. Awwww.
http://lnx.ginevra2000.it/Disney/bambi1/faline01.gif

AWWWWW lovely Bambi, he does look like bambi, so sweet

lovemario
12-03-2005, 11:11 AM
oh today's doubles point is gonna be crucial, as usual !!! c'mon guys :bounce:

I really don't know if Pilic is gonna replace Mario by Goran, but to be honest, i'd prefer to see Mario play this match. And Mario and Ivan didn't lose a doubles match in DC so far this year, so why change a team who win ? :shrug:
I'm positive it will be Mario and Ivan, they said themeselves that they have to rest and prepair for doubles, and they simply canz lose!!!
Ok, another 5 hours in front of tv, racking my nerves, brain and head:shrug: must take it!

C'mon you guys you can do this and you have to otherwise anything can happen tomorrow:scared:
This is so unfair!! Every player he has to play with in DC suddenly seems to be playing "the match of his life"!!! He was playing sooooo good, the croatian commentators were surprised about Mario beeing that good, but Hrbaty was kind of unbeateble today... I don´t know why, but last time Davidenko played an almost perfect match(and he confessed that he doesn´t know why, but that he was just able to win everything) and today Hrbaty kind of did the same thing Davidenko did the last time!!! I mean, what the fuck is going on?? Why can´t Mario be lucky once?!

Still, well done Mario and I hope he keeps on playing the way he did today...
Oh mini those were my same thoughts last night! :sad:
How come all these guys get inspired and show their best performances playung baby:bigcry:
But this time I have nothing to say to mario, he really fought till the last point and I was so proud of him, but to fucking Hrbaty everything was going in:banghead:

I assume you saw Mario afterwards in interview for cro tv, he looked so devastated and sad:hug:

lovemario
12-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Ok guys you must win today

Me needs that praying smilie now*please win*

linus
12-03-2005, 12:09 PM
yesterday when dear Mario matching, it was our midnight already, we classmates were enjoying our school trip, i went to take some cold air outside, watching the stars high up in the sky, i wish Mario could win though Dominik much more experinced, i chose not to accept any info from my girls so till my back home tonight, i knew he lost, anyway, i expected him could learn more how to fight some experinced players no matter what the results were, so all right, since he had done well, believe he knew what he should get from the match.

of course, good luck today for their doubles http://smileys.******************/cat/17/17_1_10.gif

mini155
12-03-2005, 12:30 PM
I assume you saw Mario afterwards in interview for cro tv, he looked so devastated and sad:hug:

Yes I did, and he really looked sad.... :sad:

lovemario
12-03-2005, 05:33 PM
:woohoo: One more..

Conita
12-03-2005, 06:42 PM
hey!
just came here to say how great Mario played today
incredible!!
keep it up Mario tomorrow u can make it 4 croatia :)

well played guys
and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

wishh u the best tomorrow I'll be cheering just like today
:)

Fergie
12-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Well played Mario :bounce:

One more now :D

MariaV
12-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks Conita and congrats girls!!!!!!!!!! :kiss: :hug: :smooch: :kiss: :hug: :smooch: :kiss: :hug: :smooch: :kiss: :hug: :smooch:
Mario did us proud today!! :D :D :D
It was an exciting match and thank God they got it done in 3 sets and less than 3 hours. :D
And yeah, Mario fought well yesterday too, Hrbaty's incredible day and experience were simply too much and I am so sad to hear he looked sad. But he will do better next year, and who knows what might happen tomorrow.
Btw, one of the former Soviet Union's top players (Wimbledon finalist but I'd need to check the year) and now commentator on Russian TV Alex Metreveli really likes Mario, he said Mario has everything tecnically, all the shots, perfect serve, showed some excellent volleying on both days actually. He said he also hopes Mario will get it all together next year. :D

MariaV
12-03-2005, 08:49 PM
AWWWWW lovely Bambi, he does look like bambi, so sweet

Yes he does, it was the woman commentator who said that and I found it so sweet I had to tell you. He has long slender arms and legs and those big big eyes like Bambi indeed. :hearts: :inlove:

vero
12-03-2005, 10:32 PM
:banana: :woohoo:
well done guys :worship:

omg, just one more point now, one more !!!! :bounce: *so excited*

mini155
12-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Girls, is anybody still awake??? I´m so excited that I can´t sleep.... I don´t know what to do... I didn´t want to go out this evening, so I could lie down early and the night would pass quickly and it would be tomorrow :D !! OMG :eek: !!! No need to wait for tomorrow, it´s already sunday :bigclap: !!!

Well, I´ll try sleeping again, so I´m not tired tomorrow and I can be totally fit for watching DC!!!

A big :hug: to all the girls that feel as confused, happy, strange, happy, tired and just happy as I do right now!!!

Carlita
12-04-2005, 12:05 AM
:woohoo: well done guys!!! :yeah: One more point!! :bounce: HOP

lovemario
12-04-2005, 12:23 AM
Yes he does, it was the woman commentator who said that and I found it so sweet I had to tell you. He has long slender arms and legs and those big big eyes like Bambi indeed. :hearts: :inlove:
sure was a woman :p and wise man the commentator

Éowyn
12-04-2005, 03:17 AM
sorry didn't get back online after work on firday and went out tonight so haven't been able to get on till now! met a goran lookalike (i'll post in family thread to explain) so proud of boys for winning doubles one more guys just one more :)

Éowyn
12-04-2005, 03:44 AM
Hehe must defend babies :p
Goran said for cro tv that mario wasnt brilliant on practise but that doesnt mean anything :)

Yes, they showed her few times, in cro national football outfit, I think she was with friends from Split :angel:

one of the peopel with her was also in jersey so i assume she is another player (presumably someone who was in the qualies for jersey but didn't qualify as i didn't see her play) dunno about the rest of them though presumably friends of sanja and baby :)

12-04-2005, 03:45 AM
I'm so glad they won the doubles. And I didn't have to worry about it because I didn't do any betting on it! However, now I have placed a small bet on Mario in the hopes that this time I will get it right and he will win :) I just hope I got it right this time :confused:

linus
12-04-2005, 03:47 AM
good performance Ivan and Mario've done :yeah:

go on today to take the trophy back Croa :angel:

Éowyn
12-04-2005, 03:51 AM
so strange to be thinking this time last year it all looked like it was going to the US then rafa beat andy and bye bye trophy :p

mini155
12-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Baby, this is your chance to proove everybody wrong who believes that Ivan is going to win this all alone....

Carlita
12-04-2005, 03:44 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/cheering.gif Okay here we go!! Lots of positive vibes to Mario everyone!!! http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/cheering.gif

He can do this!!! CORRECTION: he WILL do this!!!!! Ajmo chico!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

12-04-2005, 04:31 PM
so strange to be thinking this time last year it all looked like it was going to the US then rafa beat andy and bye bye trophy :p
I would say oh please don't rub it in :p But the fact is no one gave the U.S. any chance of beating the Spanish team especially on clay. And Good Luck to Mario :)

MariaV
12-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Girls you still alive? Gosh.

12-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Well I jinxed Ivan and I hope I didn't jinx Mario! I think I'm going to give up on betting :mad: :sad:

MariaV
12-04-2005, 05:04 PM
You better give up on betting Mae. :scared: :unsure:

Fergie
12-04-2005, 05:08 PM
1st set: 7-6 :bounce:

12-04-2005, 05:10 PM
I think you are right about the betting, but Mario won the 1st Set in a Tiebreak so maybe I didn't jinx him :)

mini155
12-04-2005, 05:18 PM
:woohoo: honey is doing great in the first set.... :worship:

BTW, I never believed that sweaty man can be SOOOOO sexy :devil :lick: .....

El Legenda
12-04-2005, 05:25 PM
heyyyy wait for me wait....im jumping on the bangwagon :rolls:

12-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Jump on quick! Mario is up 3-0 in the 2nd Set. I don't think I jinxed him :)

12-04-2005, 05:47 PM
4-1 Mario in the 2nd set. He has got to hold on! Really I have 2 bets riding now on this one Davis Cup Match or rubber as they call it.

12-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Mario is holding on. He is serving for the 2nd Set at 5-3. He has got to keep winning!

Fergie
12-04-2005, 06:01 PM
7-6 6-3 :woohoo:

Just one more :bounce:

12-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Come on Mario. Just one more set. Do not choke!

12-04-2005, 06:09 PM
Mario is off to a great start in the 3rd set he got the break on the very first game. Go Mario!!!!!

Fergie
12-04-2005, 06:13 PM
2-0 :D

12-04-2005, 06:19 PM
2-1 Mario and Mario is serving :)

12-04-2005, 06:24 PM
3-1 Mario. Just alittle longer now Mario please hold on :)

Carlita
12-04-2005, 06:25 PM
:banana: he's doing great isn't he? Come on Mario!! Almost there!! Take the Salad Bowl :bounce:

Fergie
12-04-2005, 06:26 PM
*3-2 :D

12-04-2005, 06:34 PM
3-3 The choke can't be on :(

12-04-2005, 06:42 PM
4-4 Are we heading for a tiebreak?

Fergie
12-04-2005, 06:45 PM
*5-4 :woohoo:

12-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Oh if he can win this I think it will really help his confidence for 2006 :)

Fergie
12-04-2005, 06:54 PM
Mario did it!!! 7-6 6-3 6-4 :woohoo: :banana:

12-04-2005, 06:55 PM
He won 6-4 in the 3rd Set to win the Match (rubber) :) Thank you Mario for saving me two bets :) And congrats on your victory :worship:

adelaide
12-04-2005, 06:57 PM
I fell off my chair. OMGGGGGGGGG I'm so happy :D :D :D :D :D

It's a pity Pryss can't be here with us live :sad:

BUT :woohoo: :D :yeah:

Fergie
12-04-2005, 06:58 PM
And finally Mario was the hero :banana:

Carlita
12-04-2005, 07:05 PM
:aparty::woohoo::aparty::woohoo::aparty::woohoo:

OH MY FUCKING NANDO!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

:worship: well done guys!!! :bounce:

_pyromatic
12-04-2005, 07:07 PM
:woohoo: :rocker2: :woohoo: Mario wins at life! (and the davis cup ;) )

It's a pity Pryss can't be here with us live :sad:

:sad: Where is she?

12-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Mario really saved me. I got on the Forum late in the year and didn't do much betting once I got on. I placed 5 bets
and won 3. If Mario hadn't won today my betting would have been awful :( So Mario is now my hero :worship:

_pyromatic
12-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Does anyone have any pics of the celebrating yet? I can't find any :sad:

MariaV
12-04-2005, 07:38 PM
CONGRATS MARIOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :kiss: :hug: :smooch: :hug:
And congrats girls!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap: :banana: :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap: :banana: :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap: :banana: He is the hero exactly like JJ wanted!!!!!!!!
It will be great for his confidence next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next year will be his!!!!!!!!!!! AJMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap: :banana:

croat123
12-04-2005, 07:51 PM
HE DID IT :eek:

CocoT_Do
12-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Well done CHOUCHOU !!!!! :yeah: :banana: :yippee:

mini155
12-04-2005, 08:19 PM
:worship: Mario :worship:

And now: TIME TO GET DRUNK

:wavey:

vero
12-04-2005, 09:30 PM
YAAAYYYY He has done it :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:worship: CONGRATS MARIO :worship: and congrats to both Mario and Ivan for this wonderful DC :worship:

:banana: wow, is it possible to be happier than i am right now ? :banana:

MariaV
12-04-2005, 09:31 PM
From the DC site. :D

04 Dec 2005 - Sibamac Arena National Tennis Centre, Bratislava, Slovak Republic - Andrew Rigby
Croatia wins the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas

Mario Ancic defeated Michal Mertinak 76(1) 63 64 after two hours 50 minutes in the decisive fifth rubber to win Croatia its first ever Davis Cup by BNP Paribas title.

For Croatia, this is an achievement that will reverberate around the young country, and rank above or at least alongside its third-place finish at the 1998 soccer World Cup.

Afterwards, as the Croatians celebrated ecstatically on court, there was no doubting what becoming the 12th champion nation of this unique event meant to them – and their countrymen, as those of whom lucky enough to be in the stadium went wild and let off flares in the stands.

Yet for the Slovak Republic too, this was still in many ways a triumphant occasion. They contributed to a magnificent sporting occasion that went right down to the wire, and like their opponents, they have put their country on the map in a way few of their compatriots have yet had the opportunity to do in the nation’s short history.

"I can say that all the guys played very well and brought very intensive and emotional experience to all of us," said Captain Miloslav Mecir. "So in this tie, there was no winner or loser because everybody who participated was a winner."

"Of course, there is no need to cry," agreed Dominik Hrbaty. "I am such a person that I am happy to have a medal of any kind."

Although it would have been fitting for Ljubicic, the man who had had a hand in every point for Croatia in their 2005 Davis Cup odyssey, to have clinched the winning rubber, it was also appropriate that someone else should secure the trophy in this team competition.

Mario Ancic had not won a live singles rubber in 2005, and even though he was up against an opponent ranked far below him and used to playing mainly at Challenger level, the Davis Cup was in many ways his to lose.

Ancic held his nerve though, to complete a Croatian dream that really started to become reality at the 2004 Olympic Games, when Ancic and Ljubicic won the bronze medal by defeating Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes 76 46 16-14, in a match that ended at 1.05am.

Both Ancic and Ljubicic have talked of how that win really cemented their belief in themselves as a team, and made them aware of what they could achieve for their nation. If Athens was where the seeds of this Davis Cup dream were sown, Ljubicic cultivated them all year in ties in California, Split and Moscow, and it finally flowered here thanks to both Ljubicic and Ancic. (It wasn't in Moscow actually. :lol:)

Ultimately, it was the result – both in the final rubber and the tie overall – that most neutral observers had anticipated, but as always in Davis Cup by BNP Paribas, it was not nearly as straightforward as that sounds.

The Davis Cup produces heroes, often unlikely ones, and there is no bigger stage in tennis than the deciding fifth rubber in the Final of the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas – think Mikhail Youzhny three years ago in Paris. The flip side is that it can also set a career back, destroy it even – the man Youzhny beat from two-sets-to-love down in that Final, Paul-Henri Mathieu, has never been quite the same since.

That shouldn’t happen to Mertinak, a mainstay of the Slovak doubles team this year, who was drafted into singles action for the fifth rubber in place of Karol Kucera, with Karol Beck also unable to take part. It was always going to be a tall order for the world No. 165, up against No. 22 Ancic, but Davis Cup habitually pits players from different worlds, in tennis terms, against one another and then produces the unexpected.

"Of course, I felt the pressure," said Mertinak. "I was a little bit shaky at the beginning, but then I cooled down. I tried to do my best. Unfortunately, it didn't work the right way today."

Mertinak did in fact play well above his usual level in singles, and somehow held on to his serve throughout the first set, saving four break points including two in the first game, to eventually force a tiebreak.

That was the cue for Ancic to show his class, and he went up a gear, playing aggressively and grabbing the initiative. He surged to a 6-1 lead, and took the set with a crushing 1-2 combination, a deep return setting up an easy put-away volley after one hour five minutes.

The rest of the match was by no means a procession, even if Ancic was in control for most of it. He broke in the second game of the second set, but Mertinak earned a break-back point at 1-3. Ancic saved it, then went on to seal the set with an ace, before breaking the Slovak to love at the start of the third set.

To his credit, Mertinak continued to fight bravely, and broke back for 3-all. It seemed that Ancic might be wobbling in the Davis Cup once more, but he regained his composure to break again for 5-4.

Ancic served it out confidently, and although Mertinak saved one match point, a mishit forehand on the second floated inches long. The Davis Cup by BNP Paribas belonged to Croatia. :D

And Mario itw after the win in mp3 format.
http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/audio/mp3/DC_5224_mp3.MP3

vero
12-04-2005, 09:32 PM
It will be great for his confidence next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next year will be his!!!!!!!!!!! AJMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap: :banana:
think so :yippee:

pryss
12-04-2005, 11:09 PM
:sad: Where is she?
I WAS AT WORK :bigcry: I would've made loads of vCash screaming like a maniac in the livescore thread. ;)

but *ahem* YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYA CROATIA!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

[/hyperventilate]

Éowyn
12-05-2005, 12:31 AM
CONGRATS MARIOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! :kiss: :hug: :smooch: :hug:
And congrats girls!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap: :banana: :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap: :banana: :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap: :banana: He is the hero exactly like JJ wanted!!!!!!!!
You’re spot on sweetie J I am so proud of him even though I couldn’t watch and sky screwed me over! He got the chance sto prove that the team was not just ivan and he came through where it counted and won it! Now I get to do a huge update on AM eek! Thanks for remembering me auntie your about the only one who did

fanancic
12-05-2005, 07:11 AM
MARIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He did it... He is now an heroe... I am so happy!!!!!

linus
12-05-2005, 08:19 AM
no doubt dear Mario is the hero for Croa esp when Ivan lost the rubber :yeah:

good guy, though you made me late for class this morning, still happy so nearly for the whole day :kiss:

lovemario
12-05-2005, 12:43 PM
*feels has died and gone to heaven*

:yippee: MARIO!!!:yippee:

*is SO proud of her baby and likes him even more, if that's possible*

lovemario
12-05-2005, 12:48 PM
ISN'T IT IRONIC, DONT YOU THINK?

After everything that's happened this year, everyone has criticised him and spoke shit and in the end it comes for the 'weakest link* to decide the davis cup final. He gets one chance to shine-and takes it. That's why I hope everyone who criticised and told crap abt him will bite their tounge next time and will choke in their own words!!!!!

Ok, feels good to get that of her system! And can go back to being completely happy about all the guys!
OMG:my fav sport, my fav guy, my country-all in one! Can a girl ask for more :D

My face is starting to hurt from stupid smile that cant get of my face from 9pm last night :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

lovemario
12-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Omg so much has happened! I had to skip classes this morning too :o because there was abig welcome to boys in Zagreb! :D The guy on tv sad there were 100 000 people, me not sure but there were A LOT!
Guys were dressed in suits and ties and looked more like models than athleteas! Well, at least two of them :angel:
Everyone said sth and when hey called mario's name and the announcer mentioned(made a joke) how he's most handsome too, the crowd went to frenzy(girls especially) and wouldnt let the poor baby talk , that much were shouting his name!
And then the guys sang! Omg goran had lost his voice completely, and then Mario-he was a bit better, but let's just say that they should stick to tennis :D

Here's a link to sopme picshttp://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom/sports/more/davis_cup/432615/showPhotoSerie.do (http://http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom/sports/more/davis_cup/432615/showPhotoSerie.do)

lovemario
12-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Fanancic there was really no need to extend so much and ruin this winning page!!!!!!

mini155
12-05-2005, 03:26 PM

After everything that's happened this year, everyone has criticised him and spoke shit and in the end it comes for the 'weakest link* to decide the davis cup final. He gets one chance to shine-and takes it. That's why I hope everyone who criticised and told crap abt him will bite their tounge next time and will choke in their own words!!!!!

This is really ironic, but just perfect... I´m almost starting to believe in god... One more wimby trophy and I´ll be seen seen in churchs on sunday mornings, instead of curing my hangovers :devil:

My face is starting to hurt from stupid smile that cant get of my face from 9pm last night :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I know EXACTLY what you mean... If I ever get wrinkles around my mouth, atleast I will have someone to blame: Mario, Ivan and of course Goran (did you hear his doping comment??)....

*Ljubica*
12-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Hi guys :wavey: I am not a regular visitor here - but just came over to give my congratulations to Mario and all his fans on his success yesterday. You must all be very proud and happy - congrats again :hug: i

vero
12-05-2005, 06:17 PM
hey Rosie :wavey: and thanks for Mario :kiss:

vero
12-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Omg so much has happened! I had to skip classes this morning too :o because there was abig welcome to boys in Zagreb! :D The guy on tv sad there were 100 000 people, me not sure but there were A LOT!
Guys were dressed in suits and ties and looked more like models than athleteas! Well, at least two of them :angel:
Everyone said sth and when hey called mario's name and the announcer mentioned(made a joke) how he's most handsome too, the crowd went to frenzy(girls especially) and wouldnt let the poor baby talk , that much were shouting his name!
And then the guys sang! Omg goran had lost his voice completely, and then Mario-he was a bit better, but let's just say that they should stick to tennis :D
wow :cool: thanks sweetie lovemario :kiss:

Here's a link to sopme picshttp://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom/sports/more/davis_cup/432615/showPhotoSerie.do (http://http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom/sports/more/davis_cup/432615/showPhotoSerie.do)
:kiss: :kiss:

mini155
12-05-2005, 06:41 PM
I´ve seen that welcome too and pretty much the funniest part of it was a banner that said: MARIO, MARRY US!!! But I just can´t find a picture anywhere....

Lovemario, what the hell was Mairo wearing to his suit?? Looked like a little purse to me :aww: ...

vero
12-05-2005, 06:55 PM
I´ve seen that welcome too and pretty much the funniest part of it was a banner that said: MARIO, MARRY US!!! But I just can´t find a picture anywhere....
:lol:

lovemario
12-05-2005, 08:45 PM
A purse?:haha: it's a sports bag

mini155
12-05-2005, 08:55 PM
A purse?:haha: it's a sports bag

You call that a sportsbag?? This almost crossed the line between metrosexuality and homosexuality :devil: ... The only thing missing was a big Hello Kitty...

lovemario
12-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Ah chill mini, most athletes wear it

lovemario
12-05-2005, 10:11 PM
And rethink when you write

vero
12-05-2005, 10:47 PM
to find two lil videos in Croatian (of yesterday's match and today's celebration) :p

http://sport.hrt.hr/htvsport/default.asp

Éowyn
12-06-2005, 03:17 AM
Fanancic there was really no need to extend so much and ruin this winning page!!!!!!

glad i wasn't the only one who thought that

Éowyn
12-06-2005, 03:18 AM

Ok, feels good to get that of her system! And can go back to being completely happy about all the guys!
OMG:my fav sport, my fav guy, my country-all in one! Can a girl ask for more :D

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

haven't i been saying that all year though! it was perfect1 it was all set up for him :)

Éowyn
12-06-2005, 03:19 AM
btw thanks rosie for coming in we like to see more people congratulating baby :)

RogiNie
12-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Congrats Mario :hug: & entire Croatia!! :bounce: I'm so happy they won :D

fangirl
12-06-2005, 03:44 PM
You call that a sportsbag?? This almost crossed the line between metrosexuality and homosexuality :devil: ... The only thing missing was a big Hello Kitty...

I can exclusivley reveal that this is the bag Mario had in Zagreb:

http://shop.sanrio.com/images/product/29054.gif

He attached the larger black strap to make it go over his chest, but I am not fooled by such antics :)

Éowyn
12-07-2005, 01:48 AM
:rolleyes:

_pyromatic
12-07-2005, 05:12 AM
I can exclusivley reveal that this is the bag Mario had in Zagreb:

http://shop.sanrio.com/images/product/29054.gif

He attached the larger black strap to make it go over his chest, but I am not fooled by such antics :)

:lol: He's got such great fashion sense!

fangirl
12-07-2005, 08:25 AM
:rolleyes:

You constantly amuse me with your inability to take a joke :)

lovemario
12-07-2005, 03:37 PM
I like to joke like no one but I dont find this funny at all, sorry

lovemario
12-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Ok you guys, I think we have a serious problem! Since baby has tasted singing and discovered his 'talent', he seems to be into it! So last night he took the mic again on his huuuge welcoming to split :D that was prepared only for him :) (in gripe)
Now I'm affraid since we got our new cro idol who was singing out of his lungs 'Dalmatinac sam....' that he'll ignore his professional career and go to entertaining branch! :p

vero
12-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Ok you guys, I think we have a serious problem! Since baby has tasted singing and discovered his 'talent', he seems to be into it! So last night he took the mic again on his huuuge welcoming to split :D that was prepared only for him :) (in gripe)
Now I'm affraid since we got our new cro idol who was singing out of his lungs 'Dalmatinac sam....' that he'll ignore his professional career and go to entertaining branch! :p
:haha: an "unforgettable" moment :aplot: he makes me :lol: so much !!
*wanted badly hear Mario's singer's talent* :p

fangirl
12-08-2005, 05:05 AM
And you wonder why sop many people steer clear of this forum - possibly the fact that PrInCeSs EoWyN and her side kick have no sense of humor?

Oh and I have 16 good reps and counting for that post ;)

pryss
12-08-2005, 07:52 PM
And you wonder why sop many people steer clear of this forum - possibly the fact that PrInCeSs EoWyN and her side kick have no sense of humor?

One of them is mine, yes? You slay me Princess Kell. :D

MariaV
12-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Oh gosh!!!!! :haha: :haha: I'm glad they got such a great reception. :D

fangirl
12-09-2005, 09:35 AM
One of them is mine, yes? You slay me Princess Kell. :D

you are so bloody hot my sassy essybella!

lovemario
12-09-2005, 09:53 AM

Well Kell, of course you got so many good reps, see those people understood your joke, maybe unlike some of us here who don't have a sense of humor ;)

And I suggest to you to :bolt: from here if you don't wanna get infected by this humorless enviroment :)

And as for people who steer of this forum(and maybe some of them those who gave you your good rep), if they don't have the guts to come here and express their own opinion, then they can continue steering off!

In any other case, everyone's welcome!!! :wavey:

lovemario
12-09-2005, 09:59 AM
:haha: an "unforgettable" moment :aplot: he makes me :lol: so much !!
*wanted badly hear Mario's singer's talent* :p
Here's a picture of our Robbie Williams singing(btw, maybe I'll be able to find some video of them singing, once I have time to download everything abt the dc final ;) and will surely show it to you)

http://www.24sata.hr/galleries/alalalalala/20/#galleryControlWrapper

There are other pics too in the slideshow there :D

lovemario
12-09-2005, 10:03 AM
Oh gosh!!!!! :haha: :haha: I'm glad they got such a great reception. :D

Yes, me too. I think now that Mariomania has taken over the Croatia :D and after that great welcoming(especially in Split) he'll feel more secure and wont feel like he has to prove anything to anyone anymore, will just focus on playing a great tennis!

vero
12-09-2005, 12:15 PM
Here's a picture of our Robbie Williams singing(btw, maybe I'll be able to find some video of them singing, once I have time to download everything abt the dc final ;) and will surely show it to you)

http://www.24sata.hr/galleries/alalalalala/20/#galleryControlWrapper

There are other pics too in the slideshow there :D
:lol: thanks sweetie !! :kiss:

Éowyn
12-18-2005, 01:39 AM
You constantly amuse me with your inability to take a joke :)

i don't find your constant insinuations that mario is gay as remotely funny personally! and i also don't see your persistent attempts to argue with me as funny as either i simply rolled my eyes!

as for your comments about the reps and avoiding the mario forums! you may have noticed by now that reps mean sod all and telling me you got repped for them means nothing
feel free to continue avoiding as lovemario said if people don't want to post that is upto them coz god knows this forum isn't remotrely funny we never have fun here and never have a joke around! certainly not!

and again i say DO NOT call me a princess

fangirl
12-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Eowyn - your bad reps are utterly hilarious when you make all sorts of assumptions about me and my life. Secondly, when I joke that a hot guy is gay, it is a compliment of the highest order.