BERDYCH, Tomas v. NOVAK, Jiri
Bye/(2) CORIA, Guillermo

Vamos David!!! :bounce:

RogiNie
10-29-2005, 11:19 AM
Good luck! :bounce:

LaTenista
10-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Well, it looks like he will probably be playing Mirnyi in the 2nd round. Even if he manages to scrape/scrap his way through that, more than likely he'll be facing David Nalbandian in the 3rd round :scared:. And did I mention he's in the top half, which is stacked with all the favorites to win. I'll pray for a miracle, but since Coria and Davydenko are both in the bottom half with the weak opponents if they will win a few rounds they'll qualify for Shanghai.

Apparently Marat Safin has already pulled from TMC :shrug: David's only chance still means being extremely lucky (like Rafa, Hewitt, Agassi, or Fed pulling from TMC as well) and reaching at least the SFs in Paris.

Bonne chance David :hug:

adelaide
10-29-2005, 03:39 PM
let's hope that this time, our cheering thread lasts a bit longer ;)

his chances of making the TMC looks rather slim, but my wish is that he gets to be there even as an alternate. :) fingers crossed for that.

Good luck David in Paris! :banana:

Saumon
10-29-2005, 11:33 PM
who is that :hearts: tall guy i saw in Paris with David? his coach? :scratch:

~EMiLiTA~
10-30-2005, 11:13 AM
vamos David!!!! please do well here!!! :bounce:

btw he's also playing doubles with robredo again and they play knowles and nestor first round :scared:

LaTenista
10-30-2005, 02:55 PM
Saumon, it was probably David's coach Javier Piles. He's pretty good looking, and everytime I saw him in Cincinnati he was shirtless. :lol: Anyone know how old he is?

Saumon
10-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Saumon, it was probably David's coach Javier Piles. He's pretty good looking, and everytime I saw him in Cincinnati he was shirtless. :lol: Anyone know how old he is?
do you have any pics? :aplot:

LaTenista
10-30-2005, 05:16 PM
do you have any pics? :aplot:

No :( - Javi was staring me down most of the time but he seems nice enough - he said thanks when I threw him a ball. I was all by myself with my notebook constantly writing things the entire week. At least 5 people asked me if I was a journalist.

My pics of David practicing and his doubles match with Robredo are in the original Ferrer thread from back before we got this forum. ;)

LaTenista
10-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Correction: He did put his shirt back on for David's matches. I guess he didn't want to distract the lineswomen. :p

LaTenista
10-30-2005, 07:59 PM
I imagine David and Tommy should be playing their doubles match on Tuesday, since Massu vs Mirnyi are not on the OOP for Monday, and David will have to wait until Wednesday to play the winner of that match.

Which means he's got tomorrow "off". :cool:

Saumon, did you see David practicing or just see him and Javi walking around?

:topic: Do you celebrate Halloween in France? :apumpkin:

Saumon
10-30-2005, 10:11 PM
I was chatting with friends and Walt Landers (former Safin's physio) -actually we were making fun of him :tape: :o -when we saw Ferrer and this tall handsome man coming with all their luggage and tennis bags. they were most likely arriving in Paris.

and no we dont really celebrate it in friends... a few years ago their was this commercial hype on it but not anymore... it's not a tradition here ;)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
10-31-2005, 02:21 AM
He doesn't have a good draw.But Max :o and Nalbandian are very inconsistent,so it's hard to predict the result. :)

~EMiLiTA~
11-01-2005, 02:55 PM
they're playing their doubles this afternoon...probably around 3pm local time

Fergie
11-02-2005, 12:21 AM
David vs Max tomorrow ... Vamos!!! :bounce:

case
11-02-2005, 01:35 AM
Wish he wasnt playing max. max seemed so nice against gasquet at nottingham. But still hope David wins.

Oh and hi, LaTenista thanks for the welcome. :wavey:

LaTenista
11-02-2005, 01:56 AM
I followed the SB for the doubles: Febredo lost 6-7 (2), 6-3, 1-6 against Knowles/Nestor.

They were up a break and serving for the set in the 1st, don't know what happened or even who was serving, they were broken straight back and stayed on serve for TB. They lost both their serve points the 2nd time they had to serve to lose the TB. They broke Knowles/Nestor once in the 2nd and successfully held all their service games to take that set. Then the SB went :retard: and by time it was back working they were down 0-3 in the 3rd set (1 break). They held the next service game but were broken again in the following one and then Knowles/Nestor served it out. I'm really hoping it was Tommy who lost serve twice in the final set and not David, but I'll never know unless someone happened to have attended the match.

victoria_maraude
11-02-2005, 02:30 AM
Vamos David! Please beat Mirnyi... :yeah:

LaTenista
11-02-2005, 03:17 AM
David plays Max Mirnyi on Court 1 tomorrow, 3rd match of the day.

:( I only have TV coverage of Central Court so this means David cannot lose.

David: scrap, scrape, and fight your heart out tomorrow to victory. I don't care how ugly it is, a win is a win and you need to end this year on a good note (esp. if you don't qualify for Shanghai). I'll pray your 3rd round encounter with probably David Nalbandian will be on Central. Eyes on the prize - the win is worth 15 points in the race and there are still 3 places available since Safin has withdrawn from TMC.

VAMOS!! :bounce: Buena suerte.

~EMiLiTA~
11-02-2005, 06:10 AM
hmmm 6-7 6-3 1-6 in doubles...a better fight than i expected

VAMOS DAVID HOY CONTRA MIRNYI!!! QUIERO QUE VAYAS A SHANGAI!!!! :bounce:

Fergie
11-02-2005, 03:22 PM
David won 6-4 6-4 :yeah:

LaTenista
11-02-2005, 03:53 PM
It was pretty impressive - David converted 3/3 bps and saved 7 of 8 against him.

David's Shanghai hopes are still alive. :banana:

victoria_maraude
11-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Great job David!

LaTenista
11-02-2005, 10:38 PM
:fiery: WTF...David was supposed to be playing David Nalbandian but he DN lost to Tommy Haas.

So now his match got bumped to last of the day on Court 1, he would have been on Central if he was playing Nalbandian.

Tommy H and David have never played each other. I'll pray some more David will win tomorrow to face either Roddick or Hrbaty in the QFs, that should definitely be on Central Court so I can watch at least one final match of the season.

Vamos y buena suerte. :bounce:

bavaria100
11-03-2005, 11:01 AM
Good luck David! I´m sure that you can beat Tommy.

Eléa
11-03-2005, 02:08 PM
:wavey:
I didn't notice that there is a Ferrer board here before :o
I was in Paris on tuesday and wednesday, i saw a bit of the double of tuesday but unfortunately i wasn't able to watch his single match (because my GG was playing at the same time on the central court) but i have some pics of the double.. some of his match in Lyon too, i will tell you what happen to him on your Lyon thread :sad: I taught a lot with his coach, first in lyon, then he recognized me and came to talk to me in Bercy, does someone know his name? he was very nice :D

LaTenista
11-04-2005, 01:53 AM
David beat Tommy Haas 6-2, 6-7, 6-3. :woohoo: He was down a break in the 2nd but got back on serve and then lost the TB to force the 3rd set.

So now he's playing not before 6 pm Paris time on Central against Andy Roddick. TV coverage :D

Vamos :bounce: Buena suerte.

Fergie
11-04-2005, 03:39 AM
Great match David :woohoo:

Good luck against Andy!!! :D

Carlita
11-04-2005, 06:25 PM
:banana: he's got the first set 6-2:eek:

Carlita
11-04-2005, 07:39 PM
such a shame :awww:

adelaide
11-04-2005, 09:36 PM
:awww: he put up such a good fight.........

LaTenista
11-05-2005, 12:42 AM
:mad: :o :eek: :fiery: :help: :banghead: :crying2:

I need to vent:

I can't even bring myself to watch the match yet (I recorded it while I was at work).

He was firmly in control of the match, wins first set 6-2, then he doesn't convert any of the 3 BPs he had early in the 2nd, drops serve late so Roddick can serve out the 2nd, up a break in the 3rd then gets broken serving for the match, had 2 MPs in the final set TB and still manages to lose from what I could tell from the SB. :shrug:

WTF!! He's beaten Top 10 players before, even his idol Agassi, but today he can't finish off his opponent?

So not only has he kissed his chances of Shanghai goodbye, this is how he ends the best year of his career. All the great things he did and everyone will only remember how he couldn't close out the duck.

I'm so :scared: he's turning into Verdasco or PHM. Like this loss is going to haunt him forever like Paulo's 5th rubber vs Russia all those years ago. Something similar to this happened at World Team Cup in Dusseldorf this year, he was beating Mayer comfortably and ended up losing. Maybe that's why they didn't play him in DC playoffs in Italy. I'm :unsure: whether he'll get chosen to go to Minsk for 1st round DC in February even though he beat Max Mirnyi this week.

I'm so frustrated I'm about to tear my hair out. End of vent I.

I guess the only good thing is since he lost 1st round the first 3 or 4 weeks of the season, he's got until after the AO to sort himself out.

His friend Igor Andreev is in the hospital. :sad: Maybe now he can go visit him.

victoria_maraude
11-05-2005, 02:40 AM
Oh, David... :sad: :tears: i'm so sad, he played a really good match today and had many chances to win. And his face when he left the court... :sad: I really felt like crying. It's too bad he will not go to Shanghai cause he deserved it so much.

~EMiLiTA~
11-05-2005, 10:44 AM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

what can i say? this is very disappointing given he had match points...seems he choked. would've been great to see him in the semis of a masters again, but alas it obviously wasn't meant to be. Hope he has a good rest and look forward to seeing him in Melbourne!!!

btw what is wrong with Igor??

Carlita
11-05-2005, 11:09 AM
:rolleyes: oh CARLOS not another choker again..... I think all the Armada guys need their heads checked if I read through this part of MTF...they might even get a group discount:rolleyes:

Why did he choke Em? In a tie break with that scoreline....everyone gets mp....and it was not like he was playing a nobody here..... :shrug:

it's so easy to say someone choked...... not everyone who loses a match lost because he choked....and who knows...Andy might have blown him off court at the right time....

~EMiLiTA~
11-05-2005, 12:13 PM
:rolleyes: oh CARLOS not another choker again..... I think all the Armada guys need their heads checked if I read through this part of MTF...they might even get a group discount:rolleyes:

Why did he choke Em? In a tie break with that scoreline....everyone gets mp....and it was not like he was playing a nobody here..... :shrug:

it's so easy to say someone choked...... not everyone who loses a match lost because he choked....and who knows...Andy might have blown him off court at the right time....

i was not referring to the tiebreak...i'm well aware of how tiebreaks work.

i was referring to him being a break up in the third set and serving for the match at 5-3. that is a choke...he got tight and lost his serve...perfectly natural and understandable, but still a choke. he had the match there and couldn't carry it out. it is ok to say vaguely "negative" things about a player once in a while if they're warranted.

*Ljubica*
11-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Hi guys - just wanted to come over and say how sad I am that David lost that match :sad: I wanted him to win so much - but, in the end, - it was all a bit too much for him :sad: So - yes - I guess he did "choke" - but he's young and can only learn from the experience. He has had a brilliant year - and I'm sure he will take only positive things out of it towards a career-best 2006. Vamos David :)

~EMiLiTA~
11-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Hi guys - just wanted to come over and say how sad I am that David lost that match :sad: I wanted him to win so much - but, in the end, - it was all a bit too much for him :sad: So - yes - I guess he did "choke" - but he's young and can only learn from the experience. He has had a brilliant year - and I'm sure he will take only positive things out of it towards a career-best 2006. Vamos David :)

yes i agree

Fergie
11-05-2005, 03:30 PM
David played a great match, too bad that he couldn't win :sad:

Carlita
11-05-2005, 04:19 PM
i was not referring to the tiebreak...i'm well aware of how tiebreaks work.

i was referring to him being a break up in the third set and serving for the match at 5-3. that is a choke...he got tight and lost his serve...perfectly natural and understandable, but still a choke. he had the match there and couldn't carry it out. it is ok to say vaguely "negative" things about a player once in a while if they're warranted.

I know you know that.... Sure you can be negative all you want.......I don't say everything is right and hunky dory about every player. It's just there's a lot of "choking"going around here which is not always the case.

Did you see the match? Cause if you did not, I doubt you can tell from a scoreboard if he was tight serving at 5-3!

*why am i defending David??? He's not even in my top 20 fav players:lol:*

*Ljubica*
11-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Sorry to interrupt your conversation EMiLiTA and Lady C. - bu I did see the match, and David was so tight when he tried to serve out the match that I just wanted to go up to my TV screen and cuddle him :hug: He looked like a "little boy lost" and my heart really ached for him :sad: It was understandable though I think. Just my opinion anyway.

alisia
11-05-2005, 05:55 PM
I felt exactly the same Rosie it was the first time all match he looked nervous in the tie-break he was ok the shot he played on Roddick's 1st match point showed that. The only match point he had his own serve saw Roddick run for about the first time all match.

LaTenista
11-05-2005, 06:42 PM
I've watched about half the match so far (the 1st set and few games of 2nd). David definitely looked nervous from the moment he walked out on court. And it seemed like no one there was cheering for him. :(

:lol: Rosie, David is actually about 5 months older than Andy.

Maybe I'm ready to view the rest of the match now...

LaTenista
11-05-2005, 06:48 PM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

what can i say? this is very disappointing given he had match points...seems he choked. would've been great to see him in the semis of a masters again, but alas it obviously wasn't meant to be. Hope he has a good rest and look forward to seeing him in Melbourne!!!

btw what is wrong with Igor??

Be sure to tell David he's got his own forum and band of supporters now when you see him. ;)

Igor has blown out his knee (31 tournaments this year :smash: ) and last I heard about 2 weeks ago they were contemplating surgery on it. So it looks like David won't be able to train with him during the off-season. :scratch: I wonder if Safin will be cleared and can practice with David, he's also at the same tennis center.

Carlita
11-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Sorry to interrupt your conversation EMiLiTA and Lady C. - bu I did see the match, and David was so tight when he tried to serve out the match that I just wanted to go up to my TV screen and cuddle him :hug: He looked like a "little boy lost" and my heart really ached for him :sad: It was understandable though I think. Just my opinion anyway.okay so now i know :)

I♥PsY@Mus!c
11-05-2005, 07:06 PM
David was serving for the match at *5-3,he played double fault first and 3-4 easy errors,this is choke.
But in TB the duck played fh fast passing shot when he had a match point,this is NOT choke.
Anyway I like him more recently. ;) But he needs some confidence to hold serve next time.Good luck to him in 06! :rocker:

alisia
11-05-2005, 07:42 PM
They showed you an interview with Roddick on sky before his semi-final today and he said he was suprised by how aggresive David played and it was totally the opposite of what he had seen and heard.
Nervous was probably the wrong word to use about him he always looks nervous when he comes out onto court. When he played Nadal in the French open my mum commented on the fact he looked about 12! It was still the best match he has played against a higher ranked played since his semi against Nadal in Rome in which again he had his chances to win. However he definately blew it in at 5-3, but then again I've watched him win 3 or 4 matches when his opponent has done the same, Calleri in Madrid a couple of weeks ago, they all do it maybe the extra pressure of still being able to qualify for Shanghai didn't help who knows.
Anyway he has had a great year just hope he can repeat it next season and stay healthy, and do especially well in Barcelona 'cause I'm going.
All in all I think he would have taken ending 14 or 15 in world at the beginning of the season as well as getting to the last 8 or better of 5 masters series.

Sue
11-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Hi everyone.....first time for me here! Just wanted to say that I've just got back from Bercy and watched David play against Max- he played some wonderful tennis to beat Max on a fast court, and ran every ball down. I was really impressed with his tennis and his attitude ( and he's pretty easy on the eye too..lol!)and am now a big fan! I have some pics which I'll try and post- thought they're very dark because of the lighting.

*Ljubica*
11-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone.....first time for me here! Just wanted to say that I've just got back from Bercy and watched David play against Max- he played some wonderful tennis to beat Max on a fast court, and ran every ball down. I was really impressed with his tennis and his attitude ( and he's pretty easy on the eye too..lol!)and am now a big fan! I have some pics which I'll try and post- thought they're very dark because of the lighting.

Hi Sue :hug: - welcome back - and love the avatar :) Btw - got your SMS but don't have any credit on my phone til I go to the shop on the way to work tomorrow morning :p - didn't want you to think I had forgotten you! Talk soon sweetie :wavey:

Sue
11-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Hi Ros!
No worries- will speak to you soon. Take care, :-)

Jogy
11-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Good tournament and very good season for David this year!
I'm happy for his year and not mad at him because he beat Tommy earlier in the tournament ;) :angel:

victoria_maraude
11-07-2005, 12:15 AM
Right, Jogy, I feel the same. Although I'm a Tommy fan I'm really happy David reached the quarters and played that well at Paris. Let's hope he can win a Masters Series in 2006. He was very close this year but little Rafa kept showing up on his way. :)