Bring the Bacon Home, Roger! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bring the Bacon Home, Roger!

Mrs. B
09-17-2003, 08:14 AM
Hope Roger wins the title in his home tournament this year. Keeping our fingers crossed!!! Hoppp, Fed Ex!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

rogicomel
09-17-2003, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I guess Rogi wants to win this badly especially after his first GS achievement. It's time to deliver FedEx!!!

Doris Loeffel
09-17-2003, 12:17 PM
Yeap that would be the icing ;)

Gooo Roger gooo

Btw guess Basel never had such a strong field befor

the latest 3 GS winners at the start plus 3 others of the top 10 Scud won't even be seeded!!

rogicomel
09-18-2003, 04:38 AM
yup, saw the headlines in eurosport, three top players Juanqui, dickhead and Rogi are competing. So, the tour must be pretty exciting, isn't it?

Raquel
10-19-2003, 12:51 AM
Hopp Rogi!! :bounce:

yanchr
10-20-2003, 07:40 AM
Com'on Rogi! Beat Nalby if a chance
And also JC

Mrs. B
10-20-2003, 09:35 AM
JCF might not be playing here... :(

RogiFan
10-20-2003, 01:03 PM
HOPP ROGI!

This is the title he REALLY wants to win!! GO for it, sweetie!

Juanqui pulled out w some injury and desperately needs rest -- remember he still has DC to play and is motivated to win in AUS!!! VAMOS ESPANA!

Hope Rogi has a great week in Basel!!

Cheering for you, Rogi! :angel:

Doris Loeffel
10-21-2003, 11:21 AM
hmmm once again it looks like the first round is going to be the thoughest hurdel for Roger!!

Come on Roger go for it!! You can beat Marc!!
Good luck!!

Deboogle!.
10-21-2003, 06:50 PM
Now with Philippousis out too, he shouldn't have a problem going all the way

Raquel
10-21-2003, 10:46 PM
Well done today Rogi :bounce:!!

jtipson
10-21-2003, 11:00 PM
Actually, I don't think Flipper is much of a problem for Roger....the last two matches he's won without dropping a set (and they were both best of five). Having said that, I'm much more wary of Nalbandian, Henman and even Lopez now - wow, that lefty serve really gave him something to think about in Madrid....

Deboogle!.
10-21-2003, 11:08 PM
Nalbandian has a few tough potential opponents ahead of him though - Clement, Henman, and Roddick... plus, we don't know how David will be playing since this is his first play of any kind since the US Open so we have no idea whether the rest will have made him rusty or super-charged. So I still gotta pick Federer at this point. He wants to win at home, you can just tell.

Doris Loeffel
10-22-2003, 07:47 AM
Well done Roger!!
Keep going that way!!

rogicomel
10-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Regarding Lopez, Rogi has always had problems with lefties but no worry though... it's Basel! The crowd will do what Madrid crowd did for Spainish players.

Hopp Rogi! I really want you to win this title so take it for your people pleassssse......

Love
10-22-2003, 03:56 PM
David will spank Roger for a 6th time. How can anyone think that Roger could beat David. David is simply at another level. 5-0 lifetime, there's nothing more to add, it's pure domination and HUMILIATION.

jtipson
10-22-2003, 05:26 PM
Actually, I'd say David has only "spanked" him once, and that was in their first professional match on clay in Monte Carlo. Since then, the matches have all been much closer. Roger *does* know how to beat him, and it won't be long before it happens.

BTW Ferrero had also lost to Younes El Aynaoui five times before he finally beat him this summer, but nobody seems to bleat about that one.

Oh yes, and David probably will have to get past Andy first before he gets to Roger. What's David's record there, 0-3? :devil: And two of those were pretty good spankings, I recall.

rogicomel
10-23-2003, 02:21 AM
I believe Rogi will get his revenge over Nalbandian, sooner or later but if does that in Basel, that would be very sweet. He could do it, he knows he can and I believe he can like I always said, ROGI BOLEH!!!! All he needs to do is to stay awake no matter how sleepy he is watching every shot returned back by Nalbandian.

Hopp Rogi, c'mon Basel Boy!

Deboogle!.
10-23-2003, 02:32 AM
What's David's record there, 0-3? :devil: And two of those were pretty good spankings, I recall.

Yep, VERY Good spankings. Though if the two of them make it to the semis and Andy plays how he did today and David plays how he did today, it'll be 1-3 LOL.

TennisLurker
10-23-2003, 03:36 AM
Lol, love, Why is it that you are so agressive towards Roger?

RogiFan
10-23-2003, 03:38 AM
Actually, I'd say David has only "spanked" him once, and that was in their first professional match on clay in Monte Carlo. Since then, the matches have all been much closer. Roger *does* know how to beat him, and it won't be long before it happens.

BTW Ferrero had also lost to Younes El Aynaoui five times before he finally beat him this summer, but nobody seems to bleat about that one.

Oh yes, and David probably will have to get past Andy first before he gets to Roger. What's David's record there, 0-3? :devil: And two of those were pretty good spankings, I recall.

EXACTLY! I wish I had seen that match where Juanqui beat Younes, in Montreal... they didn't even show it!

So if Nalby has to get by Pandy, who will win THAT one? If Pandy wasn't practically handed that tourney win w all the machinations... Nalby could have won that match... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just want Rogi to beat whoever he meets in the semis... and win his damn tournament!

HOPP ROGI!!

Deboogle!.
10-23-2003, 04:54 AM
So if Nalby has to get by Pandy, who will win THAT one? If Pandy wasn't practically handed that tourney win w all the machinations... Nalby could have won that match... :rolleyes:

That is an awful lot of speculation and subjectivity on your part. Andy had a 3-0 record against him and US Open aside, he won pretty handily. We'll see how David does with Clement and most likely Henman. His match today isn't really a good enough indicator alone to say whether he's totally back 100%.

Anyway back to the topic of this thread, I think this would be Roger's time to beat David, for sure, if it gets to that point.

rogicomel
10-23-2003, 07:36 AM
David will spank Roger for a 6th time. How can anyone think that Roger could beat David. David is simply at another level. 5-0 lifetime, there's nothing more to add, it's pure domination and HUMILIATION.

Arrogant fan of an arrogant player........

Mrs. B
10-23-2003, 08:47 AM
Roger's warm up against Marc Rosset. last Tuesday

Mrs. B
10-23-2003, 08:48 AM
noch einmal...

Doris Loeffel
10-23-2003, 09:39 AM
Thanks Mrs. B!! great pics

And good luck Roger to night against Ljubi

Gooo Roger go

heya
10-23-2003, 11:24 AM
Arrogant fan of an arrogant player........
:banghead:

Mrs. B
10-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Regarding Lopez, Rogi has always had problems with lefties but no worry though... it's Basel! The crowd will do what Madrid crowd did for Spainish players.

Hopp Rogi! I really want you to win this title so take it for your people pleassssse......

Saw Lopez play Nadal really up close. Feli is such a good player, has a great serve, volleys pretty well, so he's still a dangerous opponent for anyone.

rogicomel
10-23-2003, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I don't mean to discredit Felic. Off course he is a good player and a dangerous opponent especially to Rogi becoz he's never comfortable playing against lefties. Another reason why Felic has been playing good lately I believe is becoz there's a still a chance for Davis Cup call-up. He might want to be one of the players in the coveted champioship.

WyverN
10-23-2003, 12:16 PM
GO ROGER

Deboogle!.
10-23-2003, 01:03 PM
Where did you get the pics? Thank you!

jtipson
10-23-2003, 01:18 PM
bunk, I think Mrs B took them herself...

Doris Loeffel
10-23-2003, 01:33 PM
yeap she did ;)

Gooo Roger gooo

Mrs. B
10-23-2003, 01:49 PM
Where did you get the pics? Thank you!

i took pics of the other players as well but they're in another camera and it's not mine. will post them soon.

Deboogle!.
10-23-2003, 01:59 PM
oooohhhhhh they're your pics!! lol cool! I thought you got them from a website or something :) Awesome! thanks for sharing!

Mrs. B
10-23-2003, 03:19 PM
you're welcome. ;)

Mrs. B
10-23-2003, 09:55 PM
awww Roger! :sad:

guess you'll have to eat your Rösti without the bacon...

:(

RogiFan
10-23-2003, 10:17 PM
:sad: :sad: :angel:

Poor sweet Rogi.... ouahh!!

No bacon for you.

One day, Rogi, it will happen for you... not as if you haven't done anything this year!

Get rested and prepared for Paris and do respectably well there, but more importantly, KICK ASS [I can think of a few already to kick] in HOUSTON!!

:angel:

Doris Loeffel
10-24-2003, 08:18 AM
That's the only good thing about yesterdays loss

he has a bit more time to rest and prepare for Paris

gee and I was soo happy to get final tickets.....

WyverN
10-24-2003, 10:15 AM
That's the only good thing about yesterdays loss

he has a bit more time to rest and prepare for Paris

gee and I was soo happy to get final tickets.....

Ljubric v Rochus will be just as good as Federer v Roddick lol

Deboogle!.
10-24-2003, 01:47 PM
Ljubric v Rochus will be just as good as Federer v Roddick lol

That's awfully presumptuous of you lol