OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Havok
09-15-2003, 11:44 PM
a little snippet from John's mailbag:
Remember a few weeks (months?) ago when we discussed how seldom tennis players have appeared on Saturday Night Live? I'm not at liberty to say much more, but star the night of Nov. 8 on your calendar....
i read in one of the million articles about Andy after he won the US Open that SNL called him up to host a show so OMG i think he took them up on the offer. vamos Andy go do SNL:banana:

star
09-15-2003, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the info, Naldo. :)

andylover_16
09-16-2003, 01:52 PM
:wavey:.......thanks for the information.....:D

Gonzo Hates Me!
09-16-2003, 06:07 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!! Yaaaaaaaaaaayyy!!

heya
09-17-2003, 09:17 AM
He's not hosting the show.
Remember the little thing in his life called tennis?
He's not even interested in doing any acting
anytime soon.

Havok
09-17-2003, 05:29 PM
well heya who else would it be? it's gotta be an american since people in the \us would only know american players. so do a rundown: the Williams sisters:rolleyes:, and especially now since their sister died. i wouldnt be surprised if they didn't come back this year, let alone host SNL. Sampras, please if they want ratings, they'll stay clear of this guy. Agassi, yet another big mush guy who's gonna suck big time. im pretty damn confident that its gonna be Andy even if he didnt confirm it when they asked him about SNL, BUT he never said no!!! and he also said it would be cool, therefore it's gonna be Roddick for sure. if it isnt, then SNL is stupid

Mr. Man
09-17-2003, 09:37 PM
You know...I just can't see Roddick being a host on SNL. hmmm...

J. Corwin
09-17-2003, 11:52 PM
cool deal

I'll TRY to remember to catch that week's episode.

Deboogle!.
10-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Just bumping this b/c based on what's showing up at various websites, this is confirmed or at least getting to that point.

I can't help but be a little concerned that he'll be spending an entire week rehearsing and devoting time to this RIGHT before Houston but hopefully Andy and Brad have gone over it carefully and feel like he can fit both in :)

J. Corwin
10-07-2003, 11:10 PM
i think he can do it :)

star
10-08-2003, 03:00 PM
Hope so.

andylover_16
10-08-2003, 03:21 PM
i know he can do it......he has a good sense of humor why not!....and hes a sexy man:drool:....my favorite sexy man:hearts:

Deboogle!.
10-08-2003, 03:54 PM
OH Andy will be great on SNL! I'm not concerned about that at all :) His sense of humor is sarcastic and that will fit right in with SNL. And they need something fresh - that show hasn't been too funny lately.

andylover_16
10-08-2003, 04:02 PM
my hormones will be raging!!!:drool:::hearts:smooch::tape!

Havok
10-08-2003, 09:42 PM
why are you people concerned with the event in Houston. i mean its 2 days after Andy does his performance, and you actually think hes not gonna be working hard on his tennis while he's in New York preparing for SNL? come on now, hes not dumb, and BRad wouldn't allow that either. besides he's even been spotted practising/training over these weeks were hes been doing charity/sporting events, so he's got Houston on his mind. but i mean when on earth will he get a chance to host SNL? not everyone does this so its pretty huge, especially for athletes, they're NEVER on

Deboogle!.
10-08-2003, 11:01 PM
I'm concerned because I care about Andy's tennis more than his tv appearances. It's not like it's consuming my thoughts, it's just something I thought of when I found out he was doing SNL, that's all. Usually players get to tournaments earlier than the day before playing, especially when time zones are involved - just to get used to the surface and the arenas, etc... Andy's familiar with Houston, sure, but it's still just something that crossed my mind. Doesn't mean I won't have a blast watching Andy host SNL and support him 100%. I know Brad would advise against anything that could be detrimental to his career. Like I said, I'm not sitting here worrying my brains out, it's just something that crossed my mind.

If I were one of his 7 competitors and was practicing in Houston for a few days and seeing Andy in the hotel up late on Saturday night before a Monday tournament 1800 miles away it might make me feel a little better, that's all LOL. But yes, I'm positive that Andy will kick huge butt at both SNL and the Masters Cup :D

J. Corwin
10-08-2003, 11:08 PM
Don't disagree with that. I'd rather he suck ass in SNL and have the critics berate his acting abilities, but he wins the Cup. Of course doing well in both would be the best option. ;)

heya
10-08-2003, 11:38 PM
I agree with you, bunk18.
I sometimes detest his choices. Why
the hell would he worry about impressing people
at SNL, taking his main focus away from Houston
& risking fatigue? I've seen him play after lack of sleep or physical problems. It was infuriating when you know he had the game to beat a guy, but bad officiating & pain stopped him. I'd love to see
him host SNL later on, but there's nothing
to change his stubbornness. I really don't care,
but I'd rather see all the players at their best in
Houston. :shrug:

Deboogle!.
10-09-2003, 05:06 AM
Well I don't know that SNL is that tiring - it's a full week of rehearsals and stuff but I would hope (and assume!) he would make sure that he maintains a good sleep and workout schedule during it, under Brad's watch, etc.

I don't question Andy's commitment to tennis first and foremost and I trust his instincts and Brad's influence, and I really don't think that BG would condone his appearance on SNL if he thought it was really bad for his tennis. I'm sure there's an indoor hardcourt in NYC somewhere that Andy can practice every day and be ready for Houston... let's just hope!

I guess ideally it would've been better for Andy to host SNL in December or something, but maybe there's something we don't know and they'll do something special to make sure Andy can fit it in with his normal tennis regiment. I also assume that he'll take a flight out of NYC to Houston immediately after SNL so that he'll sleep on the plane or something and arrive in Houston able to practice. I don't know how the Masters Cup works, but would he definitely be playing on the 10th? Maybe he'll get an extra day in there - like when top seeded players in tournaments don't usually play on the first (or sometimes even the second?) day... If he can grab another day and not have to play til the 11th that'll definitely help him and maybe he and the tourney organizers could work that out :)

I guess even though the whole timing of it all concerns me a little, I still 100% trust that he will make the best decision for himself and his tennis. He says he wants the year-end #1 and doing well in his home country on his preferred surface is the way to do it so we probably just have to have faith in Andy and what he can do and just get over it LOL!