More Endorsements For Rafa!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

More Endorsements For Rafa!!!

veyonce
10-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Rafa's going places!!! Think Tag Heuger's interested in him??

Credits to nou.amic of vr.com for the articles' translation:-

Today's Diario Ultima Hora wrote:

Nadal, the new icon

The Mallorcan tennis player is at present studying five new sponsorship deals, which will increase his personal sponsors to ten

Amador Pons

When he was only just 15, Rosdor, a Mallorcan biscuit company, contracted Nadal to make his first commercial. It was the first time that a brand name put their money on Nadal. Subsequently, Nike, Babolat, Kia and Cola-Cao were added to the list of companies sponsoring the ATP phenomen. Today his face is the most sought after. The great season he has had (79 matches and 11 titles won) has lead to many companies wanting to use his image and it is foreseen that five new sponsors will be added to the five he already has.

Puig has designed a cologne for him, in a little more than a week he is going to make a commercial for an international pasta company and shortly he may sign contracts with a multinational telephone company, a make of clothes and another of watches. It is almost impossible to calculate the dimension that the figure of Rafael Nadal is acquiring. The ATP admit that his emergence on the scene is only comparable to Andre Agassi's. He is the tennis player with the greatest worldwide impact, even more than Roger Federer, and one of the in fashion sportsmen.

His season has been impressive. Only the fact that he has coincided with Federer at his best has prevented him from being number one in the world, although it is he the companies are fighting over. His fighting character on court and humility off have made him a good example for youngsters. The young girls fall in love with him and the boys take him as an example to follow. While parents see the young player from Manacor as a healthy model to imitate.

------------------------------------------------------

Today's Diario de Mallorca wrote:

A fashionable champion

The Baleares Government have started talks with the Manacorian's team to make him the image of the Baleares worldwide

R. CABOT. PALMA.

The Baleares government do not want to miss out on the Rafael Nadal "boom" and would like the winner of eleven titles this year to be the image of the Baleares throughout the world next season.

The first meeting took place yesterday afternoon between representatives of the autonomous government and the player's manager, Carlos Costa, who is taking part today with Miquel Angel Nadal, ex-footballer and Rafa's uncle, in a round table on the keys to leadership and working in a team organised by the CAEB.

"It was only the first point of contact between the Baleares government and ourselves. The most positive aspect of the meeting is that there is a willingness on both sides to work together in this adventure of Rafa's," commented Carlos Costa yesterday. His representative, the person who controls everything that happens around Nadal off court, stated that the relationship, if it is formalized, will be "for the whole season and not just for Shanghai", which begins on November 12 and will feature the eight best tennis players of the season.

Although it cannot be ruled out that the relationship between the government and the player will begin with the big tennis event in the Chinese city, it looks as if the promotion campaign will start at the beginning of next year with the first Grand Slam of the season, the Australian Open.

Sources close to the family assured this newspaper that they have not yet discussed the economic side "because it is not the moment. There is a willingness to cooperate on both sides and the time will come for that," they said.

The demand for Nadal after his unsurpassable season - with his victory on Sunday over the Croatian Ivan Ljubicic in the Masters Madrid he now has more wins than the world number one, the Swiss Roger Federer, 79 to 77 - is challenging the capacity of all the machinery put in place to protect the interests of the tennis player.

In the United States, at the US Open held last August, it could already be seen just how far what has come to be known as "Nadalmanía" had reached. In the three months before the North American tournament, Nadal was one of the emblems of the USTA in the publicity campaign for the US Open that did the rounds. His face appeared on front pages, commercials, on all the posters and billboards and even in the prestigious Vogue magazine. The government does not want to miss out on the pull that Nadal has and would like him to be the image of the Baleares in the five continents.

------------------------------------------------------

Today's Diario Ultima Hora wrote:

The 4 million dollar boy

Rafael Nadal continues with his excellent results in an unforgettable season that has already earned him a total of 3,874,751 dollars.

2005 is going to be a difficult year to forget. One Grand Slam (Roland Garros) and four Masters Series (Montecarlo, Rome Montreal and Madrid), a total of eleven titles (these five plus Costa do Sauipe, Acapulco, Conde de Godó, Bastad, Stuttgart and China) have made Rafael Nadal's season the best ever by a Spanish tennis player. It has been an excellent year, one which is going to bring him in earnings of around four million dollars.

With the Masters Series Paris and the Masters Cup Shanghai still to be played, he has already earned 3,874,751 dollars (around 3,300,000€) in prize money. To this has to be added his appearance fees - some tournaments pay the players to ensure that they will take part - and his personal sponsorships. Rafael Nadal began the season in Qatar. He reached the quarter finals in the Doha tournament where he was defeated by the Croatian Ivan Ljubicic. He earned 29,000 dollars for reaching this round... and the cash register has not stopped since.

ataptc
10-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Our dear boy is piling on the millions! :lol:

Mimi
10-26-2005, 08:54 AM
thanks for the article, but i have fear that making too many commericals may leave him little time to improve his tennis :confused:

millions? isn't rafa's family is already very rich ;) :p

Sue Ellen
10-27-2005, 07:01 PM
thanks for the article, but i have fear that making too many commericals may leave him little time to improve his tennis :confused:

millions? isn't rafa's family is already very rich ;) :p

Are they?? Coz I read an article in the French 'Tennis Magazine' which showed pictures of his home in Manacor. Rafa shares his house with both his immediate and extended family. His bedroom was quite small and plainly decorated. While I didn't get the impression they were poor I certainly didn't believe that they were rich!

BTW the article was one of the best I have ever read about Rafa. I don't know if any of you have read it but if any of you guys have any interest in it I can type it up and post it on here! It's in French but I will translate, no problem!

Mimi
10-28-2005, 01:37 AM
yes i also read the photos he took at his bedroom, seems very simple and not big :wavey:

just that i read other articles that his family is a rich one, and they have many lands there, and his father is a successful business man :confused: , and he turned down the sponsor by the tennis association in spain, coz his family does not like him to be far away from them, and that they are rich enough to pay the expenses :confused:

yes, i have interest on reading the article, thanks in advance :wavey:

Are they?? Coz I read an article in the French 'Tennis Magazine' which showed pictures of his home in Manacor. Rafa shares his house with both his immediate and extended family. His bedroom was quite small and plainly decorated. While I didn't get the impression they were poor I certainly didn't believe that they were rich!

BTW the article was one of the best I have ever read about Rafa. I don't know if any of you have read it but if any of you guys have any interest in it I can type it up and post it on here! It's in French but I will translate, no problem!

topspin_baby
10-28-2005, 04:33 AM
I also read that Rafa's very rich, i mean though he shares his home with his extended family i read somewhere that he stays on the 4th floor? the whole floor is his. while his sister's in the third floor. his parents 2nd floor and uncle toni in the first. he even has his own gym!

Carlita
10-28-2005, 05:50 AM
Wealthy family.... I think they own half of Manacor :lol:

Sue Ellen
10-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Ok thanks guys! I'll get typing that article later! Should have it up in the next couple of days! Ciao.