Igor's last tournament of 2005 seems to be the 1 at the kremlin Cup in Moscow :( [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Igor's last tournament of 2005 seems to be the 1 at the kremlin Cup in Moscow :(

r_alynutza_86
10-20-2005, 06:49 AM
I heard that Igor didn't play in Madrid because his injury...which needs an operation and which will keep him away from the tennis courts till the end of the year. :( I don't remember where i read that but...i will look and hope i will post it.

MariaV
10-20-2005, 07:08 AM
The reporters in Moscow said he was thinking whether to have an operation or not. I'll try to find info too about if he's made the decision or not. He's played awesome despite the dodgy knee. :yeah:

r_alynutza_86
10-20-2005, 09:10 AM
I am really sorry that i couldn't find the article about Igor ! :( Well...all i know is that he got that bandadge during the Romanian Open cauz...when i saw him sunday (11.09) he was OK and the next day at practice he got the bandadge and could barely move. I heard him talkin 2 his coach about the possibility to retire..but he didn't and he got all the way to the final which...by the way.. i hope he wil win next year.

MariaV
10-20-2005, 12:48 PM
I hope so too Alina.
I didn't find any news about Igor's knee so :shrug: we'll see.

{Annie}
10-20-2005, 03:42 PM
During his post-final Kremlin Cup interview he was asked about his plans until the end of the year and he said he was going to stay in Moscow for medical check-ups because they have to determine how bad the knee is and whether surgery is necessary. After all the medical examinations are done, Igor and his medical and sports team will come to a decision on what to do next.

Depending on that decision, we will either see more of him this year or not

r_alynutza_86
10-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Tnx 4 the info Annie

Mara_M
10-20-2005, 05:49 PM
it seems that the russian team is weekened by injuries..igor..misha:rolleyes:!i really hope they will get well soon...

Mara_M
10-20-2005, 05:53 PM
yes...at rom open sunday night he didn't had that bandage around his knee...alina,u've didn't told me taht he was intemptions to retire:eek:..i know he had fever the day he played with montanes in the rain:rolleyes:!

{Annie}
10-21-2005, 08:39 AM
Yeah we have 3 injured players now (Marat, Igor and Misha) and Kolya hasn't been feeling too well lately too...tired and his back and wrist bothering him....I think it's also the end of the season thing...Kolya and Igor are amongst players who played most tournaments this season (around 30!!!!)

peacechick
10-21-2005, 12:11 PM
another knee injury :sad: :(

Xanna
10-21-2005, 04:44 PM
In radiointerview he said what his injury is serious and he need a surgery

Mara_M
10-21-2005, 06:16 PM
igor just withdraw lyon...do u have any news about his surgery?

Xanna
10-21-2005, 08:15 PM
He said what season is over, what knee was bothering him during all season and he'll need 2-3 weeks to recovery

Mara_M
10-22-2005, 09:37 AM
:bigcry:i thought so...i hope his surgery will help him and he will recover soon;)!

stella_artois
10-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Awww...Igor is/was going through such an excellent phase, its a real pity he cant take advatange of it!!
:sad:

r_alynutza_86
10-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Yeah...he started the hard court season very good and i think that is he kept playing...he had a good chance to get far at the Aussie Open next year

Mara_M
10-25-2005, 04:23 PM
yes nastya..i hope he will train hard in the winter break to get back in the same shape...does anybody know any news about his surgery:awww:?

stella_artois
10-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Yup...Indeed...just to confirm: no Igor in Paris :sad:

http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters//?id=981

Mara_M
10-26-2005, 04:04 PM
if he will get a surgery it was sure he will not play in parid:bigcry:..i must wait 2months to see him again:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:..and 9 months at least to see him again in person:sad::sad::sad:!

r_alynutza_86
10-26-2005, 05:04 PM
Well...after i saw Igor's potential...i really think taht he has a good chance in Grand Slams too...and ...i would really love to see him win Roland Garros , Australian Open or US Open.

Mara_M
10-26-2005, 06:17 PM
what about wimbledon:lol:?i think he can do it on grass too;)!

r_alynutza_86
10-27-2005, 03:38 PM
what about wimbledon:lol:?i think he can do it on grass too;)!

Well...yeah...maybe he can do well on grass too but...i never saw him have a great result on grass till this point so...

r_alynutza_86
10-27-2005, 03:42 PM
well...lol...just as you like him Miru...all dressed in white! :)

Mara_M
10-27-2005, 04:11 PM
i said i like him best in black..sandee liked him in white:rolleyes:!

Mara_M
10-27-2005, 04:15 PM
all black=:devil:...:lick:

r_alynutza_86
10-27-2005, 05:13 PM
i said i like him best in black..sandee liked him in white:rolleyes:!

sorry !!! :D

Mara_M
10-27-2005, 07:21 PM
u'll be forgiven when u post a vrey nice new pic with igor in black:devil:

r_alynutza_86
10-27-2005, 08:00 PM
u'll be forgiven when u post a vrey nice new pic with igor in black:devil:

i promise i look 4 one and i will post it. I don't remember what colors he wore at Roland Garros but i will watch the tape one day and if he wore black...i will post it :D

Mara_M
10-27-2005, 09:15 PM
:hug:u're tvtuneer is brillant...i think he weared white:(!but i can search more in usopen:devil:

r_alynutza_86
10-28-2005, 02:39 PM
:hug:u're tvtuneer is brillant...i think he weared white:(!but i can search more in usopen:devil:

Well Miru...i have to say that u r the genious cauz...i recorded igor's match against Blake ( at the US Open) in my computer but...lol...it was before reformatating my comp so...i don't have it anymore... :( ..but...lol...i have it on video tape so...i will make some pics k? Tnx for reminding me of that.

r_alynutza_86
10-28-2005, 02:42 PM
PS...Miru ..i still have the match at the US Open..but i can;t save it on a CD cauz my DVD Writer doesn't work so...i will try and send it to u throught yahoo mess k? If u want that is and...after that...u can send it back k? :D Plz

Mara_M
10-28-2005, 03:37 PM
ok..but why to send it back:scratch:?

Mara_M
10-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Well Miru...i have to say that u r the genious cauz...i recorded igor's match against Blake ( at the US Open) in my computer but...lol...it was before reformatating my comp so...i don't have it anymore... :( ..but...lol...i have it on video tape so...i will make some pics k? Tnx for reminding me of that.
;) ;) ;) :hug:i knew i'm brillant..i can't wait the pics:kiss:!

r_alynutza_86
10-28-2005, 06:53 PM
ok..but why to send it back:scratch:?

Cauz i want to have it too...again!:D

Mara_M
10-28-2005, 07:49 PM
u can't save it while u send it to me?i think it's too big for mess..try to archive it:p!

r_alynutza_86
10-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Igor Andreev Wins Through His Knee
// The Kremlin Cup
Igor Andreev has claimed the Kremlin Cup working a miracle in the match against Nicholas Kiefer. French Mary Pierce won the womenís title in the game against Francesca Schiavone.
Igor Andreev has remained a mystery until this Kremlin Cup, though he made a good show of his tennis here two years ago, has played quite steadily in singles and in the national team since. Even in spite of the two events he won this year, in Valencia and Palermo, stakes were against him.

Probably, this was because the Russian audience, giving the credit to Igorís recent progress, laid more hopes on Nikolay Davydenko and Mikhail Yuzhny. But the two leaders of the national team blundered. In contrast, Igor Andreev, overcame Philipp Kohlschreiber, defeated the reputed Arnaud Clement (surprisingly simply), then crushed Daniele Bracciali, famous for his killing serve, and finally prevailed over Dmitry Tursunov in a tough match to make it to the main draw. Experts unanimously noted that Igorís game has become much more mature. Technique faults, which earlier hindered him, were gone. The Russian felt equally confident in every element of the game. So, he played more confidently, and he did not get afraid at the late stages of the tournament. Even though he had lost a lot, he retained an ability to be ably to play in a relaxed manner and risky when he needed to. Igor Andreev displayed his best qualities in yesterdayís game against Nicholas Kiefer. He had occasions to do it, especially, in the will to win.

It seemed that Andreev should win the beginning of the match. He was a bit faster than Kiefer, a bit more precise and was not afraid to take a risk, which helped him to break and go ahead 4-2. Yet, the situation changed dramatically then, and the German took the lead. Why? Supposedly, there are two main reasons. First, Kiefer was fresher before the game than Andreev, who had to play a lengthy exhausting match against Tursunov on Saturday. The second reason was the knee injury that showed itself later. But until that moment came, Kiefer took two games on Andreevís serve in response to the Russianís two breaks and won the first set.

We have to hand it to the German: he played some eight games at the highest level. We are lucky that that swift rise in his game proved to be not long and soon halted, though it occurred only when he was leading in the second set 4-0. I must admit, it seemed then that everything was last, and the Kremlin Cup would soon go to the German. More to it, so many points are rarely won back in menís tennis. Besides that, Igor Andreev twisted his bandaged leg and just crushed on the court. All the audience could do was to despondently watch a doctor concocting with the leg of the Russian player, and wonder if Andreev could continue the game, and if so, how much he still had.

More than enough, as we learnt. Igor Andreev stormed back when there was nowhere to go back to, in the best traditions of the Russian heroism. The Russian, who seemingly got the second wind, won four games in a row and practically dragged out the set to the tie-break where he crushed Nicholas Kiefer, down and out, even despite an obvious refereeís mistake.

The German evidently did not feel like losing at the finals of the Kremlin Cup again (he was beaten by Evgeny Kafelnikov four years ago) and tried to get out of the psychological pit Igor Andreev had sent him to. No use. Andreev finally broke down Kieferís resistance at the beginning of the third set when he took a game on the Germanís serve, won all his games and went ahead 3-1. Naturally, the German was unable to bridge this gap. But the Russian, as if trying to secure himself against any troubles, sealed the victory on the rivalís serve and put an end to the match by a superb smash. Afterwards, he collapsed on the court overwhelmed with emotions. We can understand what he was feeling at that moment. Of course, the Kremlin Cup is not a Grand Slam tournament, nor is it a Masters event (the menís part of the competition), but it is a very special place for every Russian tennis player. All the more for those, who first got here as ball-boys, dreaming one day to hold the Kremlin Cup over their heads. Andreev did it. The childhood dream has come true, as he said.

4 some new pix go to my pic thread :D

Mara_M
10-30-2005, 08:48 PM
thanks for the report alina..it sounds familliar..like the one i've read about marat after he won usopen2000

r_alynutza_86
10-31-2005, 06:08 AM
thanks for the report alina..it sounds familliar..like the one i've read about marat after he won usopen2000

What do u mea nit sounds familiar? u read it somewhere else? Hmmm...anyways...i know it is a little bit to late 4 that article but u will be amaized how many art i found on Google.I never knew that so many news papers and channels r interested in Igor.

Mara_M
10-31-2005, 04:32 PM
were they?in romaina not even lifesport had publishied nothing about romanian open:fiery:!

r_alynutza_86
10-31-2005, 07:07 PM
but they did here ....http://sport.rol.ro/stiri/2005/10/215798.htm

Mara_M
11-01-2005, 12:35 PM
comming:bounce:

Mara_M
11-01-2005, 01:44 PM
they had written it after palermo not after bucharest:rolleyes:!

Deea
11-22-2005, 02:03 PM

Maybe Igor wants to be Marat's heir! :angel:

Mara_M
11-22-2005, 06:43 PM
:lol:of course deea...they have a few pics in wich they do teh same thing..igor is a safin wannabe:lol:!i hope not in hair style too:angel:!
btw,welcome!

r_alynutza_86
11-23-2005, 08:03 AM
and what about the "scoby" pix ( toothpicker)? they both have 1.

mutya
11-23-2005, 08:41 AM
hi agan gals.. felt too bad hearing bout igor's knee injury.. :bigcry: hope he'll be alright.. :angel: oh hi alina.. tnx for the report.. ;)

r_alynutza_86
11-23-2005, 12:28 PM
hi agan gals.. felt too bad hearing bout igor's knee injury.. :bigcry: hope he'll be alright.. :angel: oh hi alina.. tnx for the report.. ;)

Igor have been injured since mid september...since the Romanian Open

mutya
11-23-2005, 01:29 PM
oh hi.. :wavey: so i heard.. but he played too well in kremlin cup... :D sorry for not being updated with any news about him.. it's really hard getting news especially i'm in an asian country..this is only where i can get infos about him.. and other tennis players :sad: but.. thanks for the info.. really appreciated it.. :angel:

Mara_M
11-23-2005, 08:34 PM
yes...he standed up till kc and then decided to have that surgery..maybe he should reccomand to marat a good doctor too:yeah:!
we try to update this thread with igor's news as soon as we can:hug:!but u can understand now there is almoust nothing about him because he doesn't play!

mutya
11-24-2005, 09:06 AM
yeah.. i know.. hope he's really the one who answer questions in his unofficial site.. :rolleyes:

Mara_M
11-24-2005, 04:43 PM
that's why we doubt too...but alina (who was more scheptyc then me ) begun to belive..:yeah:!

r_alynutza_86
11-24-2005, 05:24 PM
yeah and u know why i began 2 belive? cauz he answered the questions of everyone and he wrote in russian but not with kirilic ( russian) characters.

Mara_M
11-24-2005, 06:48 PM
he didn't write in kirilic?why?why do u think that makes him be igor?

r_alynutza_86
11-24-2005, 07:47 PM

Because..maybe...he is in Spain and he doesn't have a keyboard with kirilic characters there so he wrote with latin ( normal characters). that is one of the clues.:D

Mara_M
11-24-2005, 11:21 PM
he is not in spain now as far as i know..he is still in moscow:p!and i think he can write with russian characters everywhere si he knows how to turn it on;)!

mutya
11-25-2005, 04:03 AM

or maybe he just wanted those who can't read in russian letters (hope to be possible) to read it still.. :lol: just being positive.. :angel: well.. we're all counting on u alina!!! :woohoo:

Mara_M
11-25-2005, 03:38 PM
we all pray to be him...i think i would melt in front of my pc if it were him:hearts:!

r_alynutza_86
11-25-2005, 08:28 PM
we all pray to be him...i think i would melt in front of my pc if it were him:hearts:!

Why Miru? oh...common...he's only human. he's a guy like any other. i told u....i don't think i will have many things to discuss with him ( and i don't think he will want to talk to a complete stranger) but....i don't know...if it will be him...i will ask a few questions. :D ( and...i really don't think i wanna know who the "B.C." was anymore...cauz i had just remembered what Ilie Nastase wrote in his book so......i will ask other things :D )

Mara_M
11-26-2005, 12:14 AM
i know and i still melt near u when u talk to him :rolleyes:!
bc:scratch:?

r_alynutza_86
11-26-2005, 06:41 AM
i know and i still melt near u when u talk to him :rolleyes:!
bc:scratch:?

What's "bc"?

mutya
11-26-2005, 11:41 AM

don't melt miru..i'll melt first.. :p i'm still jealous of you guys having the chance to see him personally... :D if it's him definitely (with the courtesy of Alina) then i'm gonna melt with you miru... :hug:

Mara_M
11-26-2005, 12:00 PM
:lol::hug:..ok,we melt togheter:lol:!!!
of..tatyana is even lucker than us,she has his phone number:awww:!!!tanya,u don't know how lucky u are:hug:!
well,mutya..if u want u can come to see igor in bucharets next year:hug:!

mutya
11-26-2005, 12:12 PM
:lol::hug:..ok,we melt togheter:lol:!!!
of..tatyana is even lucker than us,she has his phone number:awww:!!!tanya,u don't know how lucky u are:hug:!
well,mutya..if u want u can come to see igor in bucharets next year:hug:!

let me see... what is the month of the bucharest next year? i still have classes to attend to.. :( surely my mom will not let me if that's the case.. :( but i really hope i can.. besides, i don't know any from the country where i can stay with or tour me... :unsure:

Mara_M
11-26-2005, 12:43 PM
u can stay at my place...it's in september!

mutya
11-26-2005, 01:02 PM
that's so kind of u... :angel: i'm going to ask my parents about it.. in case, it will be my first time to travel alone in a far country :D i do hope i really can.. :angel:

Mara_M
11-26-2005, 01:22 PM
u're welcome..it would be fun:banana:!

mutya
11-26-2005, 01:33 PM
it is okay with ur family? :confused:

Mara_M
11-26-2005, 01:43 PM
yes i think so..only if u want to come!

mutya
11-26-2005, 01:48 PM
well.. hope i can.. cause i really wanna see him,, especially playing.. ;)
don't worry, i'm :angel: ... ;) but it's still in september right..? guess i'm going to give u a messae bout it before september of next year.. anyways.. tnx again.. :angel: :angel: :hug:

Mara_M
11-26-2005, 01:55 PM
no problem....it will be so nice to you to come...yes september..secon week of september!i know u're an :angel: sweetie!

r_alynutza_86
11-26-2005, 02:07 PM
Miru...what is "bc" from an the previous page? I think the one from mamaia will be ever more fun :yeah: :yeah:

Mara_M
11-26-2005, 02:18 PM
what bc?i asked it too:angel:!

r_alynutza_86
11-26-2005, 02:27 PM
what bc?i asked it too:angel:!

Oh..:D..sorry....B.C.= that Blond " B***h" Chick

Mara_M
11-26-2005, 02:52 PM
:haha:....i didn't think at that:haha:!

mutya
11-26-2005, 02:58 PM
do u have a picture of that BC? :devil: :)

Mara_M
11-26-2005, 03:02 PM
many:devil:

mutya
11-26-2005, 03:05 PM
can i have one? :devil: who is she?

r_alynutza_86
11-26-2005, 03:05 PM
do u have a picture of that BC? :devil: :)
yeah i do.

mutya
11-26-2005, 03:12 PM
who is she? is she in any way related to igor? :devil:
aren't u going to cut those pics in this thread cause somebody who knows her or is fond of her might see that we called her BC... :devil:

r_alynutza_86
11-26-2005, 03:20 PM
who is she? is she in any way related to igor? :devil:
aren't u going to cut those pics in this thread cause somebody who knows her or is fond of her might see that we called her BC... :devil:

no..she is not related to igor. and what if i called her Bc.lol..B.C. stands for Blond Chick. that is how we called her at the open.

mutya
11-26-2005, 03:22 PM
ahh..ok.. that BC!!!! :devil: :lol: how did u know her?

r_alynutza_86
11-26-2005, 03:29 PM
aaaaaaaaa....short and uninteresting story.i don't know personaly. i will tell u when u will make a yahoo acount k? ;p

mutya
11-26-2005, 03:33 PM
sure will.. am i going to hate that blond chick?! :devil: :angel:

r_alynutza_86
11-26-2005, 03:36 PM
sure will.. am i going to hate that blond chick?! :devil: :angel:

no need to hate her. that would be a sign of weakness. she is not that important :D so...never mind her

mutya
11-26-2005, 03:45 PM
have to hear the story asap.. :devil: just give u a pm if i already have my ym.. :D ;) little bit of :zzz:

Mara_M
11-27-2005, 07:01 PM
did u find out the story mutya?i don't think teh bc will come to teh open next year..she will be too :scared::devil:!

mutya
11-28-2005, 05:26 AM
did u find out the story mutya?i don't think teh bc will come to teh open next year..she will be too :scared::devil:!

not yet... :( i still haven't created my ym... :p some other time maybe... y? care to tell me? :secret: :hug:

Mara_M
11-28-2005, 05:27 PM
it's a long story:lol:...i will send u a pm;)!

mutya
11-29-2005, 03:15 PM
ok.. i'll wait for ur pm... then after i read that, then finally i can react... :devil:

r_alynutza_86
11-29-2005, 03:39 PM

What would be her reason to be scared? :confused:

Mara_M
11-29-2005, 06:46 PM
look at u're status and u will now:lol:!
alina,can u send mutya the story?u know better:devil:!

r_alynutza_86
11-30-2005, 11:48 AM
look at u're status and u will now:lol:!
alina,can u send mutya the story?u know better:devil:!

Who should look at her status? the story is toooooooo loooong :( and unimportant.

Mara_M
11-30-2005, 05:54 PM
u should look at u're status alina..the msn one:lol:!

r_alynutza_86
11-30-2005, 06:31 PM
aaa....lol..ok.well...my status will come true if she will give me the same look next year u should look at u're status alina..the msn one:lol:!

Mara_M
11-30-2005, 08:30 PM
:lol: don't get violent;)!igor wouldn't like that!

mutya
12-01-2005, 03:08 AM
the story is toooooooo loooong :( and unimportant.

uninteresting and unimportant.. :awww: but it's ok.. she's not bugging me life, after all... ;)

Mara_M
12-01-2005, 10:35 AM
offf....alina..tell her;)!

mutya
12-02-2005, 10:09 AM
:secret: ok.. off with u girls.. c'mon miru.. u tell me.. :bowdown:

Mara_M
12-02-2005, 06:12 PM
it's not a :secret::lol:..i will tell u on ym:kiss: