Kiwi in Madrid!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Kiwi in Madrid!!!

kiwiteami
10-16-2005, 10:14 PM
Kiwi will be playing on tuesday Karol Beck.Not a good draw again for Kiwi.If he win this match,Davydenko is up next! :mad:

Neely
10-16-2005, 10:31 PM
Yep, draw is not looking friendly. Beck is a good indoor player and he already lost to him earlier this season. Next round, Davydenko would not be a walkover either (but as hope I see Davydenko's decline of form as of late compared to earlier this season)

But getting a few points from this tournament would be nice and it would mean nother push for his ranking and every success would hopefully mean cure for the bad thoughts about the final loss in Moscow.

Neely
10-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Kiwi's eigth of the draw in Madrid:
-------------------------------------------------

3 DAVYDENKO, Nikolay vs Bye
KIEFER, Nicolas vs BECK, Karol
LOPEZ, Feliciano vs GROSJEAN, Sebastien
Bye vs 16 GINEPRI, Robby

I♥PsY@Mus!c
10-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Not a nice draw,but he should win at least the first round. ;)
Good luck to him! :rocker2:

kek
10-17-2005, 01:23 AM
Karol Beck is a good player. He played well to get Slovaks in the Davis Cup final.

He is quite a comedian. In Cinci, he was drunk off his ass at the hotel bar/lounge and on top of the tables dancing. Then he was lying on the floor curled up in a fetal postition. Quite funny. Feli and Massu and I were laughing our heads off. Karol was so drunk that he couldn't come with us to the sports bar down the street.

The next morning in the lobby, I saw Karol in the same clothes from the night before, hair all rumpled up and he came up and said hi to me (i'm surprised he remembered me) and said he felt like crap. Go figure!

So while watching the SB online, I will be thinking of a very drunk Karol :D

kiwiteami
10-17-2005, 01:35 AM
Karol Beck is a good player. He played well to get Slovaks in the Davis Cup final.

He is quite a comedian. In Cinci, he was drunk off his ass at the hotel bar/lounge and on top of the tables dancing. Then he was lying on the floor curled up in a fetal postition. Quite funny. Feli and Massu and I were laughing our heads off. Karol was so drunk that he couldn't come with us to the sports bar down the street.

The next morning in the lobby, I saw Karol in the same clothes from the night before, hair all rumpled up and he came up and said hi to me (i'm surprised he remembered me) and said he felt like crap. Go figure!

So while watching the SB online, I will be thinking of a very drunk Karol :D

If only we could get him drunk before the match.lol.I remember just seeing him before I went to bed, but I do remember the gorgeous Thomas Berdych all red and drunk..what a sight! no kiwi drunk..he wasn,t at the bar.But always at Starbucks! lol

kek
10-17-2005, 11:55 AM
I still remember the very gorgeous Feli with towel dried hair. Also, being told is that all that talk about is S-E-X after midnight. They said it in English and Spainish. Poor Karol was sluring his words by that time :p

Neely
10-17-2005, 02:48 PM
Yes, Beck is a good and underrated player for me. He is dangerous on fast courts, indoor and grass. Kiwi lost to him earlier this year also, so a bigger task already ahead in first round.

If only we could get him drunk before the match.lol.
But ensure that he is really very drunk! ;) Only a little bit drunk can make you play even better because in some cases it only makes you play more lose which can be very dangerous :p

bavaria100
10-17-2005, 03:17 PM
Cīmon Kiwi, itīs time to bounce back after this disappointing loss in Moscow! Good luck!

kek
10-17-2005, 06:51 PM
But ensure that he is really very drunk! ;) Only a little bit drunk can make you play even better because in some cases it only makes you play more lose which can be very dangerous :p

I think him having a horrible hang over will work better, so get Karol drunk off his ass the night before. Since Feli lost today and has nothing to do, he and Karol can go drinking tonight like old times (although Feli didn't drink in Cincy).

Neely
10-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Oh no, Kiwi retired :sad:
I know nothing what has happened, I hope nothing bad again. :sobbing:

urbanjae
10-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Oh no, Kiwi retired :sad:
I know nothing what has happened, I hope nothing bad again. :sobbing:

I saw that too :awww: I had hoped this would be a good match for Kiwi to regain a bit of confidence, so I hope nothing bad has happened. Hopefully it is just something like fatigue from playing so much last week, and nothing that will keep him away for a while. He has been playing so well and I don't want anything to set that back for him.

I wish we could all give Kiwi a big group hug right now :hug: ;)

kek
10-18-2005, 07:51 PM
He said he was flat and tired. He probably would have played and finished the match if things were going his way but I guess Karol wasn't going to be an easy win. When your losing, your tiredness becomes more evident.

I♥PsY@Mus!c
10-18-2005, 08:03 PM
but I do remember the gorgeous Thomas Berdych all red and drunk..what a sight! no kiwi drunk..he wasn,t at the bar.But always at Starbucks! lol
:lol:

OMG I bet on him :speakles: ...
Now take some rest and then prepare for the next tournament. :)

kiwifan80
10-18-2005, 10:58 PM
That's a shame. But he has played played alot recently:sad:

bavaria100
10-19-2005, 09:30 AM
I think, that he still had the dissapointment from last week on his mind. When things arenīt going your way and you are lacking confidence, the fatigue becomes more evident. Iīm just happy that it isnīt as serious as I thought and that heīll likely play in St. Petersburg and in Paris. Itīs just sad because now itīll be very hard for him to finish this year in the top 20.