Tommy playing in Vienna this week! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tommy playing in Vienna this week!

Jogy
10-12-2005, 07:54 PM
first round was routine win again Zib
Zib was beaten again like in Davis Cup

next round is Ljubicic

come on Tommy and beat him well!!!!!!! :banana: :D :D

I hope Tommy is playing good tomorrow and Ljubicic can have his ticket to leave Vienna :devil:

El Legenda
10-12-2005, 07:56 PM
:haha:

Jogy
10-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Ljubicic is a little Davis Cup hero for Croatia compared to what Tommy does for Germany since almost 10 years in row

wait for tomorrow Seinfeld, I hope Tommy is destroying him!

El Legenda
10-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Ljubicic is a little Davis Cup hero for Croatia compared to what Tommy does for Germany since almost 10 years in row

wait for tomorrow Seinfeld, I hope Tommy is destroying him!

I hope you are still here tomorrow. Ljubicic is top 3 players indoor, behide Federer and Safin. 21-3 this year.

Neely
10-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Good luck, Tommy! :clap2:

Jogy...Tommy was very average in the last Tour events, needs to play better...

Jogy
10-13-2005, 01:16 AM
:haha:
Neely can you please banning this Ljubibitch troll :retard: JerrySeinfeld (old name: Rducky) from our Tommy forum?

what a troll when he comes to our great Tommy forum to talk his stupid Ljubicic shit :mad:

El Legenda
10-13-2005, 03:30 AM
Neely can you please banning this Ljubibitch troll :retard: JerrySeinfeld (old name: Rducky) from our Tommy forum?

what a troll when he comes to our great Tommy forum to talk his stupid Ljubicic shit :mad:

:haha: believe or not im fan of Tommy. ever since he played Ivan in Cananda in 2001. and since what happend to his parents, but u dont know about that, only real fans do. :wavey:

Hasilicious
10-13-2005, 03:30 AM
You tell them Jogy!

Neely is right, Tommy has not played his best recently, although he did look pretty good at the US OPEN. I am referring to his playing of course. He always looks like a Greek God! And oh those muscles. On a good day, if Tommy is playing to his potential he can mop up the floor with the likes of anyone! He has the ability to play practically perfect tennis, but doesn't always use it, alas.

Hopefully he has put some of the off course nonsense to an end and is going to be back at the peak of his game soon, hopefully tomorrow!

Go HASI!!!!!!!

Neely
10-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Tommy got the LAST match on Centre Court today
not good for me, because I won't be able to watch it live then :sad: (is there coverage until the end? I hope so!!)
therefore I have to record it and watch it later

Jogy
10-13-2005, 04:27 PM
:haha: believe or not im fan of Tommy
haha, really? and next you are saying me that you are Roddicks fan, right? :lol: :p

:o

El Legenda
10-13-2005, 11:46 PM
haha, really? and next you are saying me that you are Roddicks fan, right? :lol: :p

:o
thats pushing it. well good effort by Tommy. but not many can beat the King of Indoors 6-3 6-3 Ivan improves to 22-3 indoors. :)

Good Luck to Tommy rest of the year. :bigclap:

Neely
10-14-2005, 01:10 AM
much too clear result...
Tommy may never lose that 6-3 6-3
it may not be his standard exiting a tournament in the 2nd round even if it's Ljubicic
I hope he makes the best out of the rest of the season and starts attacking again in 2006 and that he finally can have a season without injury or personal troubles :rolleyes: sigh :shrug:

There was no TV coverage anymore because the other matches took so long. So I can't say how he played and what made him lose like that.

El Legenda
10-14-2005, 01:13 AM
what made him lose like that

i think it was the part that says Ljubicic 22-3 indoor and only next to Federer and Safin indoors.

How many more tournments does Haas have left 3?

Neely
10-14-2005, 01:25 AM
yes... three, if he doesn't withdraw from any

It's totally irrespective if Ljubicic is 0-50 or 100-0 indoor. Ljubicic can deliver better at moment and is just hotter (regarding form I mean ;) ) than Haas the whole season so far who often seemed not to be able to play (sometimes mentally, sometimes physically) at the level that he can play or that would be needed. Tommy played maybe two, if you search A LOT, maybe three good tournaments. It wasn't a good season for him. I just hope he can play at least top 20 next year again; like Kiefer he doesn't have so many years left to play on consistent top level, so it needs to happen soon within next two years I would say or else he will never get higher again than around #20 to #40.

I have hope again and again that he will play a great tournament, but it doesn't happen. I can only hope for improvement next year and that he gets his tennis again up to the level according to his potential.

El Legenda
10-14-2005, 01:49 AM
It really sucks what has happend to him in last few years. he has lost so much mentally.

Hasilicious
10-14-2005, 03:03 AM
Hey Neely, what are the 3 tournaments Tommy has left? Madrid, Paris, and what?

tom&ni
10-14-2005, 03:23 AM
If...Stockholm?

tom&ni
10-14-2005, 03:37 AM
Are we supposed to be lifting his spirits here? If he reads this he'll most likely wanna jump out of the window! Alright, so he DIDN'T have the greatest of seasons, but like he said once, the # 2 thing and all that is behind, part of a different moment in his life. Now he's got to keep up with all these new young and very powerful players Nadal-style and that's not easy task. Still, he continues playing his classiest tennis, which -let me say this- many of today's players ABSOLUTELY LACK! (including -let me say this- FedEx, who bores me to death everytime) Tennis is not all about winning points and getting on top, it's the pleasure of watching an amazing tennis the sort of players of Tommy or Andre can only give, and that's why I support Tommy's tennis so much. He gives something that makes people stick to the match (exceptions are rare)
He took Germany back to the WG this year, and won the WTC for Germany too. He did a lot this year, considering he injured his ankle in the middle of the tour, and it ain't easy coming back from that like he did. I admire him for his endless optimism, his energy and his "never giving up" attitude, even though he may not be playing his best lately, which, btw, I absolutely disagree with.

P.S.: I'm not pissed off, btw...

TommyB.
10-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Hey Neely, what are the 3 tournaments Tommy has left? Madrid, Paris, and what?

Madrid, Basel and Paris i think...

Neely
10-14-2005, 11:21 AM
tom&ni, it's totally okay when you're saying that tennis is not all about winning. Sure, that's why I'm not only supporting the players that are winning all the time and just because of the fact that they win. And again right that Tommy's style is great to watch and nobody would agree more with you saying that Federer is boring to watch! His ability and will to come back after each injury blow again and again has to be admired, but for next season he has to try aiming higher because he's simply better than what he could show this season. First of all I hope he can play without injuries or personal troubles. And second I hope for better results because with some pieces of success lots of things are going easier again and he is enjoying it himself more again to get a spice.

Jogy
10-15-2005, 07:57 PM
I'm was disappoint about Tommys result to Ljubicic :sad:

Was tough round draw fro him in 2nd round to play Ljubicic but I say like Neely and can only hope Tommy play without injury next year, then result will come again because Tommy is just too good to not achieve big things if playing without injury and problems.

COME ON TOMMY!

and three tournament left this year for start attack :yeah:

Jogy
10-15-2005, 11:52 PM
picture from tournament of tommy: