Hi, I'm new [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Hi, I'm new

rebel
09-03-2003, 05:24 AM
:) Hi,

I'm new to this forum - this is my first post so please bear with me.
I stumbled across this by accident, but very glad I did - now I can talk to other Seb fans and not get that "I've switched off" look!

So hello to everyone, I'm looking forward to chatting about all things Sebastien..!

Cheers

Rebel

Lindsayfan
09-03-2003, 08:18 AM
hi Rebel,nice to meet you! :wavey:
I hope you'll have nice time here! ;)

esther
09-04-2003, 12:25 PM
hi!! hope you see you around a lot!!
where are you from?
we've got another site which is what Liz made when this site shut down which is:
http://funkychicken.hyperboards2.com/index.cgi
so u may find that interesting too..but dont get put off by some of the really random stuff we've said lol...u should check out our plans for Aus open next year...;)
who are your other fav players apart from seb?

Alison
09-04-2003, 02:32 PM
:wavey: Hi from another Newbie!

Alison

Marine
09-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Welcome to you, rebel and Alison !!!
...I hope you'll come here soon, it's the place where all the news about Seb arrive !

esther
09-05-2003, 06:40 AM
hi alison!
just out of interest, how did you guys find this site?

rebel
09-05-2003, 01:19 PM
:wavey:

Thanks for all of the nice welcomes...I've found my flock!!

To answer Esther's questions -

I'm from Wollongong - south of Sydney.

I found the site purely by accident - I think I typed Seb's name then discussion or something similar (as opposed to Seb - naked, which is what my husband jokingly says I'm looking for!) :drool:

I only like Sebastien, I mean if i paid enough attention to other players, I may find someone I liked.. Pat Rafter was great too, but I'm not a huge fan or anything.

Re: Aus Open - I had plans to check it out, I usually just watch it on TV but I'd love to go. Does anyone else have plans?? (This is probably a monumentally dumb question, but i had to ask.)

The Funky Chicken site is very amusing/insightful - I wish I could read French!

Reb

Lizan
09-05-2003, 02:18 PM
welcome Alison and Rebel

Sharon
09-05-2003, 11:44 PM
welcome to the board! :)

esther
09-06-2003, 01:07 AM
LOL at your *not* typing in seb-naked!!!
oh funny, oh youre from sydney are ya? should definately come down to melbourne for AO one day...have no idea what you are missing out on!!!

do you go to adidas? yeah me and Liz are going to AO next year but i dont go for that many days coz my parents are really annoying and tight but liz goes for like EVERYDAY. neway hope all you guys have fun here!

Alison
09-08-2003, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the welcome :)

I too found this site by accident.I think I've trawled through hundreds of 'Seb' sites on the net,but it's nice to find one up to date ;)

Rebel,you said your husband 'jokingly' suggested you're trying to find Seb-naked :cool:If you find anything,let us know :D

Alison

esther
09-08-2003, 09:58 AM
Rebel,you said your husband 'jokingly' suggested you're trying to find Seb-naked :cool:If you find anything,let us know :D

LLOOOOL

rebel
09-09-2003, 01:49 PM
Anyone would think I have a complete lack of integrity, but it's not true! Honestly!! I'm completely innocent! :angel:

I did come across a pic of Seb in the water (semi-naked!!), but I'm sure you all must have seen it too.

Hey, what's all this stuff about his wife? I've seen a pic of a woman of one of his web sites (the same one with the swimming pic) but I don't know if it's her.

Also - I neeed to know about the Australian Open because I want to go. I have time off work in January and I want to be there. If anyone has some inside info regarding tickets, best times to go etc - cos I'd like to at least catch a couple of Sebastien's games. Esther, you must be pretty young since you mentioned your parents, oh crap, it must mean I'm really old then?? How old are you guys??

Alison, if I find anything worthwhile - you'll be the first to know!!

Rebel

esther
09-10-2003, 03:39 AM
rebel-
umm well what do you want to know about his wife? she's really old shes like 8 years older than him and used to be involved with tennis or something. neone know what shes up to nowadays?

ummm for days to go during AO...the best days to go would be the first two days i guess if you want to catch Seb, but go to the week before it starts for qualifying and stuf (which is free). i think i'm going to do that next year coz its the best chance to see everyone....but yeah if you want to see doubles as well then the best chance to see who you want would be to go either wednesday or thursday coz hopefully they would still be in second round singles and starting first round doubles.

i just turned sweeet 16 :) i'm the youngest around here i guess

Alison
09-10-2003, 11:22 PM
:)thanks for that esther!You've really cheered me up today!

I've never classed myself as 'really old'! as I am about the same age as Seb's wife.There's still life in me though!!!!!
There's more of an age gap between you and Seb though,so doesn't that mean that you fancy someone really old!

Rebel,I've got that photo of Seb in the water too.I sometimes use it as a screensaver.There's usually a different one on every other day;just to annoy my 'other half'!

Alison ;)

(been having trouble with this site today.It keeps going weird on me!)

esther
09-11-2003, 02:21 AM
lol alison! how did i cheer you up?!

having trouble with this site? hmm hope it stays normal from now..

Alison
09-11-2003, 11:15 AM
Hi Esther :wavey:

I've had a bad week so far and things have been a bit rough.But you really made me laugh when you said anyone of my age was 'really old'. :D.My kids laughed when I asked them if I was 'old'.In fact my daughter said "she definately doesn't know you does she?!"

Things are looking brighter at the moment(fingers crossed :rolleyes: ),but yes,you made me smile yesterday.Thankyou :D

Alison ;)

esther
09-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Lol awww!! thats so sweet...i am touched!! you are very welcome...i'm so happy that i made your day brighter...! but sorry i guess i meant she's really old FOR HIM...lol but yeah i'm 16 so neone over 20 seems old to me...;)

how olds ur daughter? i've had a pretty screwed up week as well but holidays are finally here and i'm off in 3 days thank goooooooddddd

:D :D :D

Alison
09-11-2003, 01:54 PM
Hi Esther :) Haven't you ever heard you're only as old as you feel?What I wouldn't give to feel 25 today! :D

My daughter's 8 and a big fan of Seb,Arnaud and JC Ferrero.Like mother like daughter ;)

My son's 12 now and bears an uncanny resemblance to Andy Roddick :eek:

Have you anything planned for the holidays?Have a good one whatever you're doing :cool:

Hopefully I'm going mountain biking this weekend,but it depends on one of my dogs.He's badly injured his leg and if the swelling doesn't go down by tomorrow he may be in trouble :sad: Must go and do some more physio on him.Fingers crossed.

Alison

lizabeth..*
09-11-2003, 02:04 PM
Hmmmm I thought I would pop in and say hello since Esther keeps mentioning me! LOL
I don't post in here as I am not a huge fan of Seb's but I do like the Frenchies so I thought I would finally say hello to you both, Rebel and Alison!!!
It's nice to see more people posting in the Frenchie area!!!! lol

Hopefully you can get down to AO (Rebel was it? I'm about to go mad from homework so I can't think straight) It is seriously the most fun in the world!!! :)

Lindsayfan
09-11-2003, 11:41 PM
hi Allison,i forgot to welcome you here!It's nice to meet other Seb's fans! ;) I hope you'll have a great time here with us!

Alison
09-12-2003, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the welcome Lindsayfan and Princess Liz :)

esther
09-12-2003, 11:57 AM
alison: lol thats so funny that you have gotten ur daughter obseseed too....oh thats awesome u have the same favourite players as me!! and vale! :)

lol neway yeah i'm off to England for ten days until the 25th, then going to France for 3/4 days then i'll be back on like the 1st of october or something like that. very exciting :D

oh i'm sorry about your dog!! :sad: *keeps roddick comments to myself*

esther
09-12-2003, 11:58 AM
i'm 44 posts behind u vale
lol

Alison
09-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Esther,she didn't need me to get her obsessed with tennis.But I've got to say she's got good taste ;) When I said my son looks like Roddick,don't forget he is only 12 ;)

England?Why?!It's getting cold :rolleyes: wet and windy for the next few days/weeks/months(delete as applicable ;) )

Travis(my dog) seems to be on the mend,but we've still got fingers and paws crossed :)

Alison x

esther
09-13-2003, 05:05 AM
lol so did you or ur daughter start liking tennis first? i thought u meant u got her into it...

lol well we're coming to england to see relatives but it's not too much better in melbourne at the moment so yeh doesnt matter. lol will be good to get away :)

Lindsayfan
09-13-2003, 11:52 AM
esther,I'll increase the gap while you are on holidays! :devil: :angel:

rebel
09-13-2003, 12:09 PM
I've been off the air for a few days, so i feel like i've missed a bit! :sad:

I just realised I'm double Esther's age!! But i'm very young at heart otherwise I wouldn't be here. If only we had this technology back in 1987 (or a computer even for that matter!!)

Seb isn't playing in the Adidas International is he? I checked the website - nada. But I guess you guys would already know that. :)

Alison - that "Seb in the water" pic is very nice - I have a nice SmileySeb one on my work computer, and you can even see the tan lines on his legs. I get lots of comments like "Oooh, is that Lleyton?", and I'm like (very politely) NO! Look a little closer... but then one guy asked me if it was the Poo!! When I said, "No, definately not!", he actually asked me if I was sure! When I tell people who it is they go "Oh", like I'm unpatriotic or something. Very amusing.

Princess Liz - this will be my first visit to the AO, and I am so looking forward to it. Are there any of you guys coming from O/S to Melbourne?

Crap - this is too long.. :retard: sorry

Lizan
09-13-2003, 04:51 PM
hi rebel, I'm 17 years old.. What about you??

And as for that picture from sebastien in the water, I actually don't really like it to be honest.. Sebastien is really kind of cute, be he must wear a hat.. When he wears his hat backwards with the clap up he's absolutely cuteeeey :D

Lizan
09-13-2003, 05:05 PM
oh sorry I already know you're age, didn't look good..

Lizan
09-13-2003, 05:07 PM
By the way Esther don't worry I'm not so old either..

esther
09-14-2003, 05:47 AM
rebel- lol i didnt know whether seb was playign adidas or not, but there'll be other players there too!!!

lizan- lol you realise you can edit messages? newayz yeah i know i'm only one year younger than you and liz so its not very much.

OK people, i'm off to England/France tomorrow until the 1st of October so i will talk to you when i get back...have fun while i'm gone and post any news or pics etc!! byeeee

esther
09-14-2003, 05:56 AM
hey to marine and vale or neone else keep posting at liz's site or it will die off!!!!!

Marine
09-14-2003, 08:43 AM
Yes, u're right, we have to post more often !!!!

rebel
09-15-2003, 01:26 PM
I'm such a spaz for bringing this age thing up.

Esther - I may still go to the Adidas thing even though Seb isn't playing.
Have a great holiday too.

Lizan - you don't like Seb without his hat? Really? He could be wearing a sack, I think he always looks great. I love the sideburns too. :drool:

lizabeth..*
09-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Hmmmmmm thinking about going to Adidas again next year myself. Will have to see how entry list shapes up though. Need a minimum of 3 of my guys to be playing there b4 I go!! LOL
Its a great tourney though :) Had a heap of fun there this year.......

Useless post really....Just filling the void while esther is away. *is lonely* LOL