Guy Forget about Richard...(and Paulo) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Guy Forget about Richard...(and Paulo)

Marine
09-01-2003, 09:35 PM
There was a very interesting interview today, in l'Equipe: Guy speaks about the fed cup, and about Richard's case !
I translated the part about guys:

In the men draw, Nadal made an impression again. What do you think about the fact Richard Gasquet plays challengers instead of coming to croos swords with the best players ?
- Richard lives through a difficult period, I regret it. If I would be his coach, I wouldn't had made this choice, not to let him to play Wimbledon and the OP. It's an error, because he needs experience of offensive tennis, on quick surfaces. NOt to play a grand slam, it's a pity, but 2..., he has been given bad advice. It's a pity because it's a very nice kid, very serious, with a great game, but he is losing time...

Do you think he needs a "real" coach, with high-nivel experience, with a new speech ?
- Yes, unconstitutionnally. But he is not the only ine who needs a real coach, french or stranger. For other players too, it's very important now, to made the good choices, and quickly. I just gie some idvice, but for example, I said my point of view to Paul-Henri Mathieu. It's important these youngs mind to their future. They should read Agassi !, Because, franckly, what he says is prodigious. I love the sentence I read in l'equipe magazine this week-end, "What it counts, it's not to impose ur tactic, it's to impose ur will". In Richard's case, it's exactly what he lacks. He has got all, except that.

:sad: !!

Lindsayfan
09-01-2003, 09:48 PM
Guy's always so right! :yeah:

lizabeth..*
09-02-2003, 03:02 AM
*sigh*
Just coach him already Guy. I know you want tooooo.

Marine
09-02-2003, 10:42 AM
Personly I'd prefer he works with Paulo... :p

Lindsayfan
09-02-2003, 06:01 PM
personally i'd prefer he stays as Davis Cup captain :o
maybe when he'll quit his actual job,he can coach one of them.then it would be Richie for me.

esther
09-04-2003, 12:21 PM
has he ever thought of commentating? has he ever commentated before?