chazell29
10-05-2005, 01:14 AM
i just started up 2 weeks ago
i guy at my club recomended the nPro
but i saw the nSix at the same price
what is better?

Fee
10-05-2005, 01:46 AM
Play with them both for a week and then you decide (www.tennis-warehouse.com has a pretty decent demo program) :wavey:

Grinder
10-05-2005, 01:55 AM
If you just started, I'd suggest starting with a Wilson Hyper Hammer. The NSixOne is extremely tough to handle for a beginner and you'll be wasting you're money. Start with an oversive or midplus beginner racquet and work your way up. Don't just get a racquet because the pro's use it, find a racquet that you're comfortable with.

savesthedizzle
10-05-2005, 02:13 AM
Completely off-topic, but all of this new poster's questions could easily have been answered if there was a player's subforum instead of in GM :) *cough* What a good idea! *cough*

El Legenda
10-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Babolat Pure Drive+ is way to go.

niko
10-05-2005, 03:19 AM
It's just my opinion I've tried NCode don't remember which one I think it had red, it's a great piece of work. :)

WallaWallaOnions
07-21-2006, 05:20 AM
If you just started I'd go with a cheapo racquet to develope your basic technique. Once you know all the stokes fairly well, then go test some racquets. There is no end-all be-all racquet, it depends on how each person plays. Try try and retry racquets. It took me 4 weeks to make up my mind when I got my Babolat Pure Control and I was lucky to have a Babolat pro at my tennis center who let me try for free. There is no 'better' racquet once you get to the top of the line, it depends on its orientation towards power and control.

Julio
07-21-2006, 09:02 AM
i just started up 2 weeks ago
i guy at my club recomended the nPro
but i saw the nSix at the same price
what is better?

Npro. ;)

Patrick_Steele
09-11-2006, 02:04 AM
If you just started, I'd suggest starting with a Wilson Hyper Hammer. The NSixOne is extremely tough to handle for a beginner and you'll be wasting you're money. Start with an oversive or midplus beginner racquet and work your way up. Don't just get a racquet because the pro's use it, find a racquet that you're comfortable with.

I totally agree I get annoyed when people copy the pro's, I mean come on they are PRO'S for a reason.

Tracy_Ace
09-11-2006, 03:12 AM
Ive got the nPro and I don't think it would be great for a beginner to start with. Sometimes I'm amazed with the power it has. Id say trying a more basic racquet would befinately be a good choice, something that lets you generate your own power and spin to see what kind of player you want to become and what type of racquet will compliment your game the most.

Pinkskunk
09-11-2006, 05:23 PM
I started to play 4 months ago. Never touched a tennis racket in my whole life. So 4 months ago i started to play. I went to Walmart and bought a Wilson racket, grip size 4 3/8. I played with it for about a month or so and the strings became less and less tight (sorry for the lack of the correct term). I kept hitting and hitting hoping to get a few more weeks from it, but at the end i have to either: 1) Re-string it 2) buy a new racket.

Re-string a cheapo racket sounds like a rediculous idea as the cost would be the same as a new cheapo. So i went out and start my search for a performance racket.
I did alot of research and for some love-at-first-sight thingy reason, i came across a Headi Ti S6 racket, love it but then it has too much power for a beginer like me, i hit long balls all the time, so i tried the S2, and S5. I love the S2 the most as it is small, control is amazing. I also like the S5, more power than S2 but less control than S2. Anyway, to make a long story short, my wife (whose also a beginer like me) loved the feel of S5. So i ended up buying the S2 and S5. It is good in a way because we can both exchange racket from time to time.

Let me tell you, what works for others might not work for you. it is the "individual" thingy that connect you to your racket. i know this sounds wierd, but as soon as you come across the "right" racket for you, you can "feel it" right away. Like me and my wife, i love the feel of S2, but also like the S5, my wife is the opposite. So we basically have the best of both world, now all we have to worry about is how to properly play the game. :D

Good luck.

BTW, like someone here stated, it is not true that the pro use it means it is good for you. Like i said, it is the "individual' thingy that connects you to your racket.

Also, you will be amaze what a performance racket can do as oppose to the cheapo racket - i know it is obvious :). My wife played with my old racket from walmart while i play with my new S2, her returns are weak and erratic, so i surprised her and gave her the S5, IMMEDIATELY her return was 100%better, and she love it :D now she can return deep and more accurate. With the old Wilson cheapo from Walmart, we almost kill a few birds flying from above :D