Match Stats during US Open. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Match Stats during US Open.

Dirk
08-27-2003, 10:39 PM
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/stats/day9/0063ms.html

Looks great for a first round match. Yeah Rogi was kinda rusty but he served well and that guy was playing incredible, but Rogi wore him down. So don't burst a vein Doris. :banghead:

:D

rogicomel
08-28-2003, 02:39 AM
He's improved his serves percentage. That's the good thing because Rogi has been complaining about it in his TMS matches.

RogiFan
08-28-2003, 03:03 PM
How about improving his break point percentage? Rogi's still not looking that great on hardcourts since I saw him in Montreal vs. Gaudio... these damned Argies... get in the way of Rogi and Juanqui.

At least a couple went out yesterday but we need Nieminen to get revenge on Nalby and get rid of him before Rogi gets to him...

HOPP ROGI!!!

Dirk
08-28-2003, 05:06 PM
DID YOU SEE THAT MATCH? That guy was serving very big and it was his first round match. Give Rogi a break. He did very well to win that one. Rogi played excellent against Max in Montreal. I am sure Rogi will do better tomorrow. Rogi cares and is trying, GIVE HIM A FUCKING BREAK!!! :(

Dirk
08-30-2003, 12:26 AM
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/stats/day11/0095ms.html

For the second match.

rogicomel
08-30-2003, 01:58 AM
So happy with the way Rogi won. Too bad I couldn't watch the match but they'll surely show his next match vs Blake. As for me, I had a great day -- Rogi won easily and Milan won the UEFA Cup Winners Cup against Porto...

But Rogi had still a long way to go. But this is a good sign that Rogi has overcome his problems of breaking his oppenent's serves.

GO NINJA GOOOOOOO...........

Doris Loeffel
08-30-2003, 05:22 PM
To be honest JRL wasn't really a test.....

.... Roger played good but he still has to improve against Blake

Dirk
08-30-2003, 05:27 PM
um did you see James' match? He was lucky to get out of there. James will have to big improving to compete with Roger. As long as Rogi keeps his head in check the winners will flow and the errors will barely register on the radar.

Dirk
09-01-2003, 04:29 AM
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/index.html

Great numbers except for the break points. Rogi had the same trouble with Mikhail in Halle and he still won that match. I was watching it on tv and the crowd was trying to rattle Rogi, hard to tell what he was feeling at times, but he stayed cool. Rogi hit so many amazing winners. So many backhand passes up the line and lobs. Awesome stuff.

Doris Loeffel
09-01-2003, 12:15 PM
Me too I saw the match and after a low start in the first set it really became a very intertaining match with lots of great rallies. Kuddos to James for playing his best when facing bps.

And taking in account that Roger was playing a crowd fave I thought it wasn't that bad. Sure they tried to keep him of balance. But soon they found out it won't work when clapping after the first serve didn't work as he usually made a second serve winner afterwards...

but yes Roger as good as you played today. Pleas try to cut down your UE's and even more important take better chances of your bp opportunities!!!

Allleeezz gooo Roger gooo

rogicomel
09-02-2003, 06:22 AM
I was watching Rogi match against Blake on Starsport and one the commentator was former US player with the name Jeff something **(too lazy to check his last name). He said he would be biased in making commentary since he is American and Blake is a nice guy and they used to practice together blah blah blah. But Rogi left him speechless with his performance (hah hah I was laughing when he could find his words...). It's true Rogi was not at his best and making a lot of UE but still showing his qualities that prompted the other commentator to say this: "This is a dream tennis!" and thing like "New York ppl are so lucky to be able to watch Federer......(can't remember the rest of the words)". So proud to be Rogi's fan!

Doris Loeffel
09-02-2003, 09:57 AM
Hehe thanks to the rain delay Eurosport showed his match again (was watching it on the swiss channel live first ;) )

and also these german comentators were all praising Roger (usually they only prais german players ;) ) and only had good things to tell about him. And his match really was entertaining .... so I guess he deserves all the praise hehehe

RogiFan
09-02-2003, 04:43 PM
I was watching Rogi match against Blake on Starsport and one the commentator was former US player with the name Jeff something **(too lazy to check his last name). He said he would be biased in making commentary since he is American and Blake is a nice guy and they used to practice together blah blah blah. But Rogi left him speechless with his performance (hah hah I was laughing when he could find his words...). It's true Rogi was not at his best and making a lot of UE but still showing his qualities that prompted the other commentator to say this: "This is a dream tennis!" and thing like "New York ppl are so lucky to be able to watch Federer......(can't remember the rest of the words)". So proud to be Rogi's fan!

Thanks for that report, rogicomel! What does BOLEH mean?

Yes, NYC is lucky to see Rogi live -- nothing more exciting than that!!

Even when Rogi doesn't play his best tennis, he's still better than most out there... so when he does it's scary! :worship:

Yep, I'm proud to be Rogi's fan too!

Now for Rogi to turn the tables and get rid of Nalby [if it ever stops raining -- you'd think it was Wimby <that's what the Americans always say :rolleyes: ]!!

HOPP ROGI!! :angel:

rogicomel
09-03-2003, 07:58 AM
Thanks for that report, rogicomel! What does BOLEH mean?

BOLEH means CAN. U know I always believe Rogi can do it if he wants to. So, it's just a matter of believing in yourself and what you do-- if you think you can do it, then just go for it. In our country it's like an official slogan used widely in sports: it says MALAYSIA BOLEH! Well, just to keep ourselves motivated and try to be the best. And guess what? I believe ROGI BOLEH!!!

btw, wouldn't you like to know the meaning of comel? :rolleyes:

RogiFan
09-03-2003, 02:12 PM
BOLEH means CAN. U know I always believe Rogi can do it if he wants to. So, it's just a matter of believing in yourself and what you do-- if you think you can do it, then just go for it. In our country it's like an official slogan used widely in sports: it says MALAYSIA BOLEH! Well, just to keep ourselves motivated and try to be the best. And guess what? I believe ROGI BOLEH!!!

btw, wouldn't you like to know the meaning of comel? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

OK, tell me what COMEL means now!! ;)

If it EVER stops raining, maybe we can finally see Rogi beat that Nasty Nalby!

Stupid slam! :(

Dirk
09-05-2003, 01:24 AM
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/stats/day17/0119ms.html

LOOK AT ALL THOSE ERRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Urgh, I give up. :sad:

Doris Loeffel
09-05-2003, 08:56 AM
And he left his first serve at home too and not only his patiente...