NHL Opening Night [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NHL Opening Night

coreyschucky
10-03-2005, 10:46 PM
NHL YTD: 0-0 (Even)

It's back baby!!!! Finally the hockey season begins Wednesday night with all 30 teams hitting the frozen pond. Should be a great night and I'm antsy waiting to watch the Islanders vs Sabres game. Will also probably watch portions of the Penguins vs Devils and Rangers vs Flyers. Best of luck to everyone and on the season!!!!

I might have one or two more pending whether there totals or straight wins. But I have alot going already so I don't want to over extend myself.

1* Ottawa Senators (-125) Over Toronto Maple Leafs
1* Ottawa/Senators/Toronto Maple Leafs Over 5.5 (-135)

The Senators win is to win in either regulation, OT or shootout. Senators looked excellent in preseason going 7-1 and outscoring there opponents 36-17. Two of the preseason wins for Ottawa were over Toronto winning at Toronto 5-4 and at home 7-4. Toronto had a so-so preseason. They won there last two games over Detroit which was nice but overall it was lackluster. I expect some big things from Ottawa this season and early on they look like they can meet expectations. I look for them to continue there good play here and pick up an opening night win. It won't be easy since there at Toronto but I think they'll manage just fine. The Over looks good here with both teams averaging 10 goals a game in there two preseason meetings.

1* New York Islanders (+110) Over Buffalo Sabres

The Islander win is to win in either regulation, OT or shootout. A bit of a homer play here but I feel it just has some nice value. Buffalo had the better preseason but I saw a few of the Islander preseason games and what I saw I really liked. There results weren't great but they did face the Devils, Flyers twice, Bruins twice and Rangers twice. They took care of business in both Ranger games and they played both the Bruins, Flyers and Devils very tough. Sabres will have some sort of revenge on there mind for this game. Isles took the Sabres two top players in Zhitnik and Satan. I think this will be a tight game here as I feel the Isles have the better overall talent and depth. Just decent value here.

1* San Jose Sharks (+115) Over Nashville Predators

The Sharks win is to win in either regulation, OT or shootout. Another value play here as the Sharks went undefeated in preseason and supposedly playing outstanding. Big things are expected from the Sharks this season as many feel they'll be the top team in the West including me. They are extremely deep, very talented and they have very good team cohesion. Predators will be much improved this season with all there players back and there off season acquisitions. Just think they run into a tough opponent here to start the season. Winning on the road is never easy but the Sharks certainly have the talent to do so.

1* Calgary Flames (-145) Over Minnesota Wild

The Flames win is to win in either regulation, OT or shootout. Offense vs Defense. The Wild are in a rebuilding year while the Flames are looking to return to the Stanley Cup Finals. Road game here but the Flames have the offensive talent to breakdown the Wild. I think the Wild just lack too much scoring punch in this game. Once again a road game but the Flames are the better team.

1* Vancouver Canucks (-190) Over Phoenix Coyotes

The Canucks win is to win in either regulation, OT or shootout. Canucks will be very good this year. Basing this one off the preseason play of the Coyotes which was just dreadful. Coyotes managed a win vs the Wild and Ducks but got hammered by the Wild, Kings twice and Ducks. They lost two close games to the Sharks as well. Canucks had an ok preseason but they seemed to click there last 3 games outscoring there 3 opponents 13-5. Canucks are a better team and should win this one at home. Big line which made me hesistant but Canucks should be good enough at home.

Good Luck to All!!!!

coreyschucky
10-04-2005, 02:25 PM
This will probably be the final play of the night.

1* New York Islanders/Buffalo Sabres Over 5.5 (-140)

I look for a 4-2, 4-3 type game here. Both teams have the capablitlity of scoring some goals.

Good Luck to All!!!!

SadrieL
10-05-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm tempted to have a go at the opening games, but I might just sit and watch a few games and see how things go. Very excited to see it back though. GO LEAFS

coreyschucky
10-05-2005, 07:02 PM
1* Philadelphia Flyers (-160) Over New York Rangers

The Flyers win is to win in regulation. Probably the best team in the East vs one of the worst. Flyers clearly have the better team. Suprises always happen especially the first night but Philly is just much better. I saw a bunch of Ranger preseason games and I think they'll be a team that concedes many goals this season. -300 is too much for the first game in the season but this line to win in the first three periods looks right.

Good Luck to All!!!!

SwiSha
10-05-2005, 10:41 PM
like almost all of em corey!! :yeah:
good luck with your plays

to win in either regulation, OT or shootout

Philly
Calgary
Tampa Bay
Vancouver
Islanders over 5.5 goals ..good luck everyone

bad gambler
10-05-2005, 10:43 PM
overs 5.5 islanders v sabres

coreyschucky
10-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Good Luck fellas. I'll be around for another 25-30 minutes. Watching the Isles - Sabres game on TV.

1st Period

Sabres 1
Isles 1

Just over 8 minutes left in the 1st period

SwiSha
10-06-2005, 09:45 AM
OVERS hits easily Sabres 6-4
Philly collapsed against the rangers 3-5
Tampa bay won
Vancouver won
Calgary got beaten up

3-2 for the night

coreyschucky
10-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Nice Swisha. My night didn't go as well at just 3-5. Philly and Calgary really dissapointed me. Fell just short on the Over in Ottawa/Toronto. I'm really suprised there wasn't more scoring in that game. Long season so plenty of time to rebound.