The sentence of the day, A.clement... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The sentence of the day, A.clement...

Marine
08-26-2003, 02:36 PM
"To be atomized by Sampras: a dream !" :lol:

Arnaud said in "l'equipe", today:

"I often said that it would worry that Sampras retired before I have the occasion to play against him...and, unfortunatly, now it's too late.
Today, I say to myself, that in 50 years, when I will say to my grandchildren, with a quavering voice, " I played tennis when I was young", their first question will be "u play against Pete Sampras ?"...when I"ll answer "no", they won't belive that I played tennis.
Because Sampras, it will be written in all books that I mixed up with him during 5 years, without never have played him one only time.
It's not easy to classify him in my hierarchy of the greatest tennismen, but for me, there are 2 players in the top: Sampras and Agassi [...]
As a player, he was often incredible, I remember of a monstruous match, which marked me: the final of us open, the last year, against Agassi.
BUt, even if Sampras was formidable, he didn't be part of the players that I loved to watch to play.
Therefore, I really regret not have played him one only time. If I could play him, and choose the surface , I believe that I would choose...grass ! ...TO BE ATOMIZED BY SAMPRAS ON THE CENTRE COURT IN WIMBLEDON, IT CAN BE A DREAM, NO ?"
:rolleyes: :confused: :lol:

Arnaud has really big ambitions...but, as said Seb, "t'es fou mais c'est pour ça qu'on t'aime" !

Lindsayfan
08-26-2003, 06:21 PM
arnaud is so funny and nice!i luv him! :inlove:

esther
08-27-2003, 03:35 AM
lol yeah
silly arnaud. wonder if sampras has any idea he said that about him

Lee
08-31-2003, 04:55 AM
Has he done any commentary in French TV? I think he will be a great commentator. He is so funny which is a big contrast to Sampras.

esther
08-31-2003, 12:10 PM
yeah well consdiering he is actually a PLAYER at the moment i dont think he's doing commentary on french tv now? lol but i think he will eventually.
if only his english was really good...he would so move to australia and commentate for us since he loves this great place so much!! that would be so cool

sebgrosfan
08-31-2003, 05:00 PM
Ha ha, that is so funny!! That just shows to me what a great guy Arnaud must be. This makes me like him a lot! Not that I didn't like him a lot before but it just increased. Also, this may sound stupid but I've been noticing lately that when Arnaud wins a match, how simply overjoyed and happy he seems. That's something I miss with Seb. Seb never really seems very happy on court. Arnaud, on the other hand, is just like a giddy 12-year-old.

Marine
08-31-2003, 07:53 PM
Also, this may sound stupid but I've been noticing lately that when Arnaud wins a match, how simply overjoyed and happy he seems. ... Arnaud, on the other hand, is just like a giddy 12-year-old.

I confirm... :inlove:

http://membres.lycos.fr/zefts/Clement/2001/photos/aus16.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/zefts/Clement/2001/photos/aus25.jpg

Lee
08-31-2003, 10:08 PM
yeah well consdiering he is actually a PLAYER at the moment i dont think he's doing commentary on french tv now? lol but i think he will eventually.
if only his english was really good...he would so move to australia and commentate for us since he loves this great place so much!! that would be so cool

In US, they love to grab a player (of course US players) to the commentary booth and talked about tennis, etc and usually asked the player to comment the on going match. I think Arnaud will light up the match there if he does :angel:

esther
09-01-2003, 09:32 AM
ooh really even if they are actually playign now?! they never do that here but then again...coverage here is gay as so not surprising there...!!

lol arnaud will definately light up ANY match!!!!