09-29-2005, 07:07 PM
6 Chela, Juan Ignacio ARG 50
7 Mathieu, Paul-Henri FRA 53
8 Serra, Florent FRA 54
:bounce: You all have to make it!!!

keqtqiadv
10-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Gah, Mello needs 13 outs...
Will Rascon play this year or he retired??

Grinder
10-02-2005, 02:09 AM
Why the heck isn't Ginepri entered in this, he needs four more people to pull out in the main draw and that's unlikely.

chicky841
10-02-2005, 08:56 PM
gooo arnaud, and paulo!!

savesthedizzle
10-05-2005, 02:20 AM
If a few people want to withdraw so Novak can play, that'd be swell :)

+alonso
10-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Vamos Vamos Nicolas ;)

idolwatcher1
10-08-2005, 08:09 AM
Why the heck isn't Ginepri entered in this, he needs four more people to pull out in the main draw and that's unlikely.

I would like to know the same thing...Ginepri is currently ranked #21 in the world...and it would be a crime if he didn't get to play in Madrid because of technicalities... :rolleyes:

Daniel
10-09-2005, 09:38 AM
Good luck to : Chela , CAlleri , Acasuso

Deboogle!.
10-09-2005, 06:40 PM
I would like to know the same thing...Ginepri is currently ranked #21 in the world...and it would be a crime if he didn't get to play in Madrid because of technicalities... :rolleyes:Well chances would be excellent that it's his own fault. So, if he fails to enter himself into qualifying, then that's his problem.

idolwatcher1
10-09-2005, 07:52 PM
Well chances would be excellent that it's his own fault. So, if he fails to enter himself into qualifying, then that's his problem.

I have no idea who decides who gets to play for one of the qualifying spots...even if Robby "enters" himself, I would think someone would still have to approve his entry to allow him to compete for a qualifying position...I would think this is out of his control...but I dunno, I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to this stuff...

smucav
10-09-2005, 07:55 PM
I have no idea who decides who gets to play for one of the qualifying spots...even if Robby "enters" himself, I would think someone would still have to approve his entry to allow him to compete for a qualifying position...I would think this is out of his control...but I dunno, I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to this stuff...The entry deadline for qualifying was 9/26 & Ginepri didn't enter:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2402066&postcount=3

Deboogle!.
10-09-2005, 07:56 PM
I have no idea who decides who gets to play for one of the qualifying spots...even if Robby "enters" himself, I would think someone would still have to approve his entry to allow him to compete for a qualifying position...I would think this is out of his control...but I dunno, I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to this stuff...As smucav posted, there is a deadline, etc. Perhaps it's not robby HIMSELF that would do the entering (instead it might be a manger or handler or whoever), but it's not out of his control, certainly. And there is no "approval" process... if you're ranked high enough to get on the Qualie list, you get on it. There is no discretion. Regardless, it certainly seems like it is well within his control. Edit to add: Even if it wasn't Robby's own personal mistake, he's the player and he's the one who loses out, so it's certainly his problem!

Another edit to add: He might be able to beg and plead with the tournament to give him one of the WCs into the qualifying... but they are certainly not obligated to grant that.

idolwatcher1
10-09-2005, 08:27 PM
As smucav posted, there is a deadline, etc. Perhaps it's not robby HIMSELF that would do the entering (instead it might be a manger or handler or whoever), but it's not out of his control, certainly. And there is no "approval" process... if you're ranked high enough to get on the Qualie list, you get on it. There is no discretion. Regardless, it certainly seems like it is well within his control. Edit to add: Even if it wasn't Robby's own personal mistake, he's the player and he's the one who loses out, so it's certainly his problem!

Another edit to add: He might be able to beg and plead with the tournament to give him one of the WCs into the qualifying... but they are certainly not obligated to grant that.

The list that smucav posted didn't have Ginepri listed as an alternate, but the official site itself says he is one...that's why I was questionable about the list being 100% correct (not to say that's smucav's fault)...but anyway, I'm more concerned with what can be done from this point on...not really whose fault it was that he isn't listed in the qualifying tournament...that's in the past now. I still think...even if this was a Spaniard wanting a wild card or such in a U.S. based tournament, if he was currently one of the Top 21 players, I would want him to play in the tournament there, because he has a better current ATP position than many of the people who already are in the draw for that tournament...If I wanted my tournament to feature the best of the best, then why leave out the current #21 player?...that's kinda my feeling about this right now...But whatever happens, happens...

Deboogle!.
10-09-2005, 08:37 PM
The ALT and Qualie lists are not exactly the same. So he could be on the Main Draw ALT list (which he is: http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2327108&postcount=7), and not on the Qualie list (which he is not http://menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2402066&postcount=3)

Robby will actually be highe than 21 as of tomorrow, he'll be inside the top 20. I don't like him much, but I agree that he deserves, based on his recent play, to be in the tourney. But if he did not enter the Qualie list then it is his own fault and he is the only one to blame.

What can be done from this point on? he can beg for a WC into the qualifying tournament. He can't get one for the Main Draw because he is not in the newspaper's poll for the third WC and the other 2 have been announced. There are 4 WCs for the qualie draw that the tournament can give out. Robby will have to hope they are feeling generous the day they decide those. Outside of getting a WC into the Qualifying tournament, I don't see a whole lot he can do.

idolwatcher1
10-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Debstah, I can tell you don't like him much, I can read between the lines ;) ...I'm not aware of your reason(s), but anyway, it will be interesting to see what happens in the next week...I will, of course, be looking to see if appears in the tournament somehow...because I hope he does

Deboogle!.
10-09-2005, 08:50 PM
I don't DISlike him, I just haven't been able to warm up to him, there's nothing secret or bizarre or unusual. I try to support the American guys b/c I'm a patriotic American but he just doesn't really interest me at all - game or personality-wise. But it's nothing bad lol. I've seen him in person and he seems perfectly nice enough to other players and fans and kids and whatever, he just doesn't make me go "Wow Yay!" lmao

He could also get in off the MD ALT list if a whole ton of people above him pull out - that seems like a stretch so I think he has to hope and beg for a Qualie WC. And he very well might get one, and then he'd be the #1 seed in qualifying I imagine, and I doubt he'd have much difficulty qualifying.

idolwatcher1
10-09-2005, 09:57 PM
so I'm guessing his 'underdog' quality doesn't attract you at all...Besides being a patriotic supporter myself, I tend to be attracted to players who have a humble quality to them, who still work hard to go after something even while they may go largely ignored or undetected...You can tell players around the world respect him by what they say about him, from Andy Roddick to Guillermo Coria, etc., and some don't even seem to mind losing to him! That says something to me...But to each their own :)

Deboogle!.
10-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Nah not really, it's allabout the personality and game for me. I don't care where a player's from or what his rank is or anything like that. If the personality and/or game really excite me, then I'm a fan, if not, I have a hard time warming to a player. Robby is just really boring to me, I can't really help it lol, and his game doesn't make me go WOW either. I respect the decision he made to really start working hard and I saw him pretty up close and I could tell what good shape he's in now but still, meh. Just doesn't do it for me.

idolwatcher1
10-09-2005, 10:47 PM
yeah, like I said, to each their own...I find many players to have a similar game (with their strengths and weaknesses switched around depending on the player...and Fed being in kind of a league of his own, and Andre being the experienced "legend")...Also, the personalities of players tend to be similar to me as well...all of them are competitive, and many of them (if not all) shout and/or throw up hands in victory, etc...So while I look at each players' game and personalities, I also go beyond that...

keqtqiadv
10-10-2005, 12:10 AM
Gah, Ginepri, Ginepri. Leave him resting for a while. :rolleyes:

idolwatcher1
10-10-2005, 03:59 AM
Gah, Ginepri, Ginepri. Leave him resting for a while. :rolleyes:

dare I ask why?

shotgun
10-10-2005, 03:59 AM
Mello won't even get into the qualifying tournament. I think that after Vienna he should get the plane back to Brazil and play some tournaments of Copa Petrobras, where he has more chances.

*Ljubica*
10-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Mello won't even get into the qualifying tournament. I think that after Vienna he should get the plane back to Brazil and play some tournaments of Copa Petrobras, where he has more chances.

Juan Monaco is currently in Stockholm - he is 5th on the qualifying alternate list but I am in Stockholm and I was told this morning that he would definately be playing quallies in Madrid :confused: I don´t understand this qualifying/alternate thing at all - it is a mystery to me. :confused:

keqtqiadv
10-10-2005, 12:57 PM

Even if he get the qualies, what he will do? Lose in first match. I agree with you, he needs to base his ranking for next year, playing Copa Petrobras. Being among the 100 best needs to be Ricardo's objective for this year.

Scotso
10-10-2005, 01:43 PM
commmmeeeeee oooooooonnnnnnn Nooooooooovvvvvaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkk!

shotgun
10-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Juan Monaco is currently in Stockholm - he is 5th on the qualifying alternate list but I am in Stockholm and I was told this morning that he would definately be playing quallies in Madrid :confused: I don´t understand this qualifying/alternate thing at all - it is a mystery to me. :confused:

It depends on different factors such as withdrawals, wild-cards granted, special exempts, and the week from which the ranking was based (alternate and qualifying lists are based on different weeks). It's complicated. :rolleyes:

shotgun
10-10-2005, 02:10 PM
Even if he get the qualies, what he will do? Lose in first match. I agree with you, he needs to base his ranking for next year, playing Copa Petrobras. Being among the 100 best needs to be Ricardo's objective for this year.

It seems that he's just using his past rankings to enter those strong tournaments, as a way to enjoy his last days in the ATP circuit. :sad:

savesthedizzle
10-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Have there been any withdrawals or anything? Any sorts of updates to the list? I'm lost without my red and green updated list.

Golfnduck
10-10-2005, 05:12 PM
GO JAMES!!!! :bigclap:

smucav
10-10-2005, 08:24 PM
The list that smucav posted didn't have Ginepri listed as an alternate, but the official site itself says he is one...that's why I was questionable about the list being 100% correct (not to say that's smucav's faultYou seem to be rather confused about the differences between the entry list & the qualifying entry list. Ginepri appears on the entry list as the #6 alternate (& has been there all along).

Entry list:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2327108&postcount=7

Qualifying entry list:

idolwatcher1
10-10-2005, 08:52 PM
You seem to be rather confused about the differences between the entry list & the qualifying entry list. Ginepri appears on the entry list as the #6 alternate (& has been there all along).

Entry list:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2327108&postcount=7

Qualifying entry list:

you got that right :lol: ...I am confused! this is new to me...I thought there would be only one set of "alternates"...but it appears there are alternates for the entry list and the qualifying entry list...that doesn't make much sense to me, but I'll digest it for now...And, I wasn't sure where the qualifying lists originally came from or how the list was known because I don't recall seeing this information anywhere else...so anyway, sorry I'm confused about all this...

smucav
10-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Have there been any withdrawals or anything? Any sorts of updates to the list? I'm lost without my red and green updated list.Usually not until the Wednesday before. We must be patient. ;)

Deboogle!.
10-11-2005, 12:59 AM
Have there been any withdrawals or anything? Any sorts of updates to the list? I'm lost without my red and green updated list.Impatient much, Jess? I cannot imagine why! :p

savesthedizzle
10-11-2005, 01:46 AM
Usually not until the Wednesday before. We must be patient. ;)

Patience is a virtue...

...that I am completely lacking. :shrug:

savesthedizzle
10-11-2005, 01:47 AM
Impatient much, Jess? I cannot imagine why! :p

Deb, I am in love with a tennis player that never plays tennis, :lol:.

Deboogle!.
10-11-2005, 02:07 AM
Deb, I am in love with a tennis player that never plays tennis, :lol:.:haha: Awww poor Jess, I am so sorry my dear. He will reappear soon, I can feel it!! :lol:

savesthedizzle
10-11-2005, 02:27 AM
:haha: Awww poor Jess, I am so sorry my dear. He will reappear soon, I can feel it!! :lol:

MADRID WILL BE THE TIME!

8 people need to drop out. Don't make me pull a Tonya Harding on some Kerrigans.

Deboogle!.
10-11-2005, 03:23 AM
MADRID WILL BE THE TIME!

8 people need to drop out. Don't make me pull a Tonya Harding on some Kerrigans.:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: you're to much. :kiss:

idolwatcher1
10-11-2005, 03:49 AM
MADRID WILL BE THE TIME!

8 people need to drop out. Don't make me pull a Tonya Harding on some Kerrigans.

http://cdn.aim.com/i/5-Surprised.gif ..lol!

savesthedizzle
10-11-2005, 04:03 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: you're to much. :kiss:

I would do anything for my Nole. :shrug:

Deboogle!.
10-11-2005, 04:25 AM
I would do anything for my Nole. :shrug::lol: I know. You are so dedicated :D

adelaide
10-11-2005, 04:35 AM
Jess really is the Justice League all in one :D

WelshPhil
10-11-2005, 11:01 AM
:D :D :D

savesthedizzle
10-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Jess really is the Justice League all in one :D

:rolls:

Deivid23
10-12-2005, 03:05 AM
http://www.masters-series-madrid.com/news/NewsDetail_240.htm

1. James Blake (EEUU) 34 ATP
2. Robin Soderling (SUE) 41 ATP
3. Xavier Malisse (BEL) 43 ATP
4. Nicolas Massú (CHI) 47 ATP
5. Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) 50 ATP
6. Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA) 53 ATP
7. Florent Serra (FRA) 54 ATP
8. Christophe Rochus (BEL) 55 ATP
9. Vincent Spadea (EEUU) 56 ATP
10. Jose Acasuso (ARG)58 ATP
11. Kenneth Carlsen (DIN) 59 ATP
12. Agustin Calleri (ARG) 60 ATP
13. Alberto Martin (ESP) 61 ATP
14. Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) 62 ATP
15. Tomas Zib (CZE) 63 ATP
16. Gilles Muller (LUX)66 ATP
17. Arnaud Clement (FRA) 67 ATP
18. Albert Montanes (ESP) 69 ATP
19. Ivo Minar (CZE) 70 ATP
20. ATP
21. Nicolas Almagro (ESP) WC 101 ATP
22. Younes El Aynaoui (MAR) WC – 330 ATP
23. Joaquín Muñoz (ESP) WC - Campeón de Madrid – 1419 ATP
24. Oscar Burrieza (ESP) WC Campeón Fase Pre-Previa

Younnes, Almagro, Quino Muñoz (Madrid former champion) and Oscar Burrieza (winner of a tourney for lower-ranked Spanish players with this prize for the winner -he beat García-Leo in finals, I wanted Jony to be here :banghead: -) got WCs.

Well assuming, one among Blake; Martin and Massu will go into the main draw, Safin, Hewitt and Gasquet will be out, and knowing that some players as Soderling and Carlsen should be doubtful as they´ve pulled out their respective matches this week, Nole is the 4th on the list and he will travel to Madrid as far as I know, so I feel optimistic about he´ll be here playing on Saturday.

Anne-Claire
10-12-2005, 01:44 PM
hello do you know what is the official hotel for qualie's players??????????????? thanks

keqtqiadv
10-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Younes!!!!

savesthedizzle
10-12-2005, 07:27 PM
http://www.masters-series-madrid.com/news/NewsDetail_240.htm

1. James Blake (EEUU) 34 ATP
2. Robin Soderling (SUE) 41 ATP
3. Xavier Malisse (BEL) 43 ATP
4. Nicolas Massú (CHI) 47 ATP
5. Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) 50 ATP
6. Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA) 53 ATP
7. Florent Serra (FRA) 54 ATP
8. Christophe Rochus (BEL) 55 ATP
9. Vincent Spadea (EEUU) 56 ATP
10. Jose Acasuso (ARG)58 ATP
11. Kenneth Carlsen (DIN) 59 ATP
12. Agustin Calleri (ARG) 60 ATP
13. Alberto Martin (ESP) 61 ATP
14. Stanislas Wawrinka (SUI) 62 ATP
15. Tomas Zib (CZE) 63 ATP
16. Gilles Muller (LUX)66 ATP
17. Arnaud Clement (FRA) 67 ATP
18. Albert Montanes (ESP) 69 ATP
19. Ivo Minar (CZE) 70 ATP
20. ATP
21. Nicolas Almagro (ESP) WC 101 ATP
22. Younes El Aynaoui (MAR) WC – 330 ATP
23. Joaquín Muñoz (ESP) WC - Campeón de Madrid – 1419 ATP
24. Oscar Burrieza (ESP) WC Campeón Fase Pre-Previa

Younnes, Almagro, Quino Muñoz (Madrid former champion) and Oscar Burrieza (winner of a tourney for lower-ranked Spanish players with this prize for the winner -he beat García-Leo in finals, I wanted Jony to be here :banghead: -) got WCs.

Well assuming, one among Blake; Martin and Massu will go into the main draw, Safin, Hewitt and Gasquet will be out, and knowing that some players as Soderling and Carlsen should be doubtful as they´ve pulled out their respective matches this week, Nole is the 4th on the list and he will travel to Madrid as far as I know, so I feel optimistic about he´ll be here playing on Saturday.

I'm glad you're optimistic.

I'm a little more so now that Federer is out.

keqtqiadv
10-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Gah, some of these players won't be on qualies... Mello can get in.

Anne-Claire
10-12-2005, 07:35 PM
do you know the official hotel for qualies???????? thanks

smucav
10-12-2005, 10:54 PM
OUT: Soderling, Verdasco (and Vik from ALT)
IN: Hernych, O.Hernandez
NEXT: Sabau, Monaco, Seppi, N.Lapentti, Djokovic, Karlovic, Santoro, Garcia-Lopez

Updated entry list:

savesthedizzle
10-13-2005, 02:10 AM
OUT: Soderling, Verdasco (and Vik from ALT)
IN: Hernych, O.Hernandez
NEXT: Sabau, Monaco, Seppi, N.Lapentti, Djokovic, Karlovic, Santoro, Garcia-Lopez

Updated entry list:

Some of these people really need to vamos their way out of this list ASAP. :mad:

Deboogle!.
10-13-2005, 03:58 PM
here you go jess ;)

only one more person needed by tomorrow :p

Madrid Masters Qualifying
OUT: Acasuso, Massu, Mathieu, Soderling, Verdasco, Wawrinka (and Vik from ALT)
IN: Hernych, O.Hernandez, Sabau, Monaco, Seppi, N.Lapentti,
NEXT: Djokovic, Karlovic, Santoro, Garcia-Lopez, Dlouhy, R.Mello, Bracciali, Bjorkman

savesthedizzle
10-13-2005, 04:33 PM
here you go jess ;)

only one more person needed by tomorrow :p

Madrid Masters Qualifying
OUT: Acasuso, Massu, Mathieu, Soderling, Verdasco, Wawrinka (and Vik from ALT)
IN: Hernych, O.Hernandez, Sabau, Monaco, Seppi, N.Lapentti,
NEXT: Djokovic, Karlovic, Santoro, Garcia-Lopez, Dlouhy, R.Mello, Bracciali, Bjorkman

UGHHHH PLEEEEEEEASE people! Someone out there doesn't REALLY want to play Madrid... I know it! Novak needs to play :mad:

smucav
10-13-2005, 04:58 PM
Updated entry list:

Deboogle!.
10-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Jess you (aka Novak) may be in luck... James is probably not going to make it to Madrid in time b/c he won his match in Stockholm today. The same thing will happen either for Malisse or Martin and b/c the winner of that match plays James, that means that for sure one of those guys will be in the semis and cannot make it to Madrid by tomorrow night so.....

Novak is in :)

savesthedizzle
10-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Jess you (aka Novak) may be in luck... James is probably not going to make it to Madrid in time b/c he won his match in Stockholm today. The same thing will happen either for Malisse or Martin and b/c the winner of that match plays James, that means that for sure one of those guys will be in the semis and cannot make it to Madrid by tomorrow night so.....

Novak is in :)

:woohoo:

NOVAK!!!!!!!!!

:aparty: :drink: :drink: :drink: :aparty:

NOW HE JUST HAS TO WIN SOME MATCHES!

Deboogle!.
10-13-2005, 05:41 PM
:p glad I could be the bearer of good news for you ;):D

savesthedizzle
10-13-2005, 05:43 PM
:p glad I could be the bearer of good news for you ;):D

:D

Now all day today even though I have work for the next 9 hours, I will be thinking of the joy of Novak playing tennis again.

Now the boy just needs to qualify so that I can tape his match during TTCs coverage, because you know they show almost everything :)

Deboogle!.
10-13-2005, 05:55 PM
:D

Hurrah for TTC! :banana:

Scotso
10-13-2005, 07:08 PM
I wish I had TTC :crying2:

Novak :woohoo:

smucav
10-14-2005, 01:17 AM
OUT: Acasuso, Malisse, Massu, Mathieu, Soderling, Verdasco, Wawrinka (and Vik from ALT)
IN: Hernych, O.Hernandez, Sabau, Monaco, Seppi, N.Lapentti, Djokovic
NEXT: Karlovic, Santoro, Garcia-Lopez, Dlouhy, R.Mello, Bracciali, Bjorkman, Ascione

Updated entry list:

Golfnduck
10-14-2005, 03:49 AM
GO JAMES!!! :bigclap:

Björki
10-14-2005, 01:45 PM
James Blake is out
He plays the SF in Stockholm.

keqtqiadv
10-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Gah, one more for Fabrice and 4 for Ricardo...

smucav
10-14-2005, 04:21 PM
OUT: Acasuso, Blake, Carlsen, Clement, Malisse, Massu, Mathieu, Montanes, Muller, Soderling, Spadea, Verdasco, Wawrinka (and Vik, O.Hernandez, Dlouhy, Bracciali, Arthurs, Moodie, A.Costa, Koubek, Starace from ALT)
IN: Hernych, Sabau, Monaco, Seppi, N.Lapentti, Djokovic, Karlovic, Santoro, Garcia-Lopez, R.Mello, Bjorkman, Ascione, Almagro
NEXT: Simon, Mazarakis, Ramirez Hidalgo, Portas, Marach, Ventura, Benneteau, Marin

Updated entry list:

keqtqiadv
10-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Mello!! Qualify to MD! You can do it!

smucav
10-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Also, now that Almagro is IN, there is another qualifying wild card available.

Scotso
10-14-2005, 04:32 PM
One more needs to pull out so Gilles can get in... or would he get a qualie WC?

Muller!!Muller!
10-14-2005, 06:19 PM
why muller out????

shotgun
10-14-2005, 06:27 PM
Mello!! Qualify to MD! You can do it!

Yeah, sure he can do it. :rolleyes:

keqtqiadv
10-14-2005, 06:36 PM
Rascon qualified last year, so Mello can do it.

smucav
10-14-2005, 08:41 PM
OUT: Acasuso, Blake, Carlsen, Clement, Malisse, Massu, Mathieu, Montanes, Muller, Soderling, Spadea, Verdasco, Wawrinka (and Vik, O.Hernandez, Santoro, Dlouhy, Bracciali, Bjorkman, Arthurs, Moodie, A.Costa, Koubek, Starace from ALT)
IN: Hernych, Sabau, Monaco, Seppi, N.Lapentti, Djokovic, Karlovic, Garcia-Lopez, R.Mello, Ascione, Almagro, Simon, Mazarakis
NEXT: Ramirez Hidalgo, Portas, Marach, Ventura, Benneteau, Marin, Brzezicki, Navarro Pastor

Updated entry list:

Juan Luis Tati Rascon receives the last wild card.

keqtqiadv
10-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Rascon!!

~EMiLiTA~
10-15-2005, 10:54 AM
why muller out????

yes, that's what i want to know too :(

Muller!!Muller!
10-15-2005, 10:33 PM
he's injured....elbow injury just like last year at this time...he will only play one more tournament this season that is in Luxembourg (his tournament)