Playing Russian Roulette on the Clay (The 2006 DC thread!)! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Playing Russian Roulette on the Clay (The 2006 DC thread!)!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Deboogle!.
09-28-2005, 03:20 AM
The draw for 2006 will be made Thursday noon local time in Paris (6am in the US).... so I realize this is early but we'll just dig it up again in February :p

the new DC rankings came out today and the US is all the way down to #8 in the seedings... lucky to be seeded otherwise we could've met Spain or Argentina or Russia or Croatia or whoever in the first round :unsure:

Potential 1st round opponents then are:

Austria (tie would be in Austria)
Belarus (tie would be in Belarus)
Chile (I believe tie would be in the US)
Germany (not sure where the tie would be, too lazy to look it up :p)
Sweden (tie would be in Sweden)
Switzerland (doesn't really matter at all where the tie would be :unsure: )
Netherlands (not sure where the tie would be, too lazy to look it up :p)
Romania (not sure where the tie would be, too lazy to look it up :p)

surfpinky
09-28-2005, 03:21 AM
a new thread is born! :]

Noelle
09-28-2005, 03:32 AM
I shall WOOT this thread's birth.

WOOOOOOOOOOT

simpletennis
09-28-2005, 03:42 AM
hahaha, sweet

renee_chin
09-28-2005, 07:20 AM
The draw for 2006 will be made Thursday noon local time in Paris (6am in the US).... so I realize this is early but we'll just dig it up again in February :p

the new DC rankings came out today and the US is all the way down to #8 in the seedings... lucky to be seeded otherwise we could've met Spain or Argentina or Russia or Croatia or whoever in the first round :unsure:

Potential 1st round opponents then are:

Austria (tie would be in Austria)
Belarus (tie would be in Belarus)
Chile (I believe tie would be in the US)
Germany (not sure where the tie would be, too lazy to look it up :p)
Sweden (tie would be in Sweden)
Switzerland (doesn't really matter at all where the tie would be :unsure: )
Netherlands (not sure where the tie would be, too lazy to look it up :p)
Romania (not sure where the tie would be, too lazy to look it up :p)

Because I'm so bored, I've decided to look complete the list :D

Austria (tie to be played in Austria) [head to head 2-0 US]
Belarus (tie to be played in Belarus) [head to head 1-0 US]
Chile (tie to be played in the US) [head to head 3-0 US]
Germany (tie to be played in Germany) [head to head 7-3 US]
Netherlands (tie to be played in the Netherlands) [head to head 2-0 US]
Romania (tie to be played in the US) [head to head 5-0 US]
Sweden (tie to be played in Sweden) [head to head 8-3 US]
Switzerland (tie to be played in the US ) [head to head 1-1]

Noelle
09-28-2005, 07:31 AM
Thanks, Renee! :bigclap:

Black Adam
09-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Please not switzerland. ;)

Angle Queen
09-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Switzerland (tie to be played in the US ) [head to head 1-1]Maybe we should pick....CLAY!!!

But please, not Roger, I mean, Switzerland. :unsure:

Deboogle!.
09-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Thanks renee for looking the others up!!!!

I say..... let's hope for like, Romania or Chile and put them on grass :p :lol:

renee_chin
09-28-2005, 02:53 PM
I'd think US would still have a chance against the Swiss.

Assuming Fed would win both of his singles matches, :rolleyes: Andy and 'accomplice' wins the 'other' singles matches, tie would be tied at 2-2. It all depends on the doubles tie then - Fed and partner can't possible seal it over the mighty Bob and Mike, could they?! :unsure: OK - let's hope I don't jinx anybody :o

Anyways - let's hope Fed, no - the Swiss get somebody else and let them sweat over it... :angel:

Deboogle!.
09-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Yea, it'd still be potentially winnable, at least in theory. But Chile on grass here or something would be preferable :angel:

acoffeygirl
09-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Yes....I like the sound of that much better than the Swiss!! Chile on grass please :)

Deboogle!.
09-28-2005, 03:03 PM
actually, duh, they wouldn't be on grass.... unless they had it in Florida again. The tie is in February this year lol. Anyway let's just hope it's at home. Or I suppose a team like the Netherlands or Belarus away wouldn't really be too bad.

acoffeygirl
09-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Oh true.....grass in February wouldn't really work. Yes, I think I would be happy with anyone but the Swiss! (maybe not Germany either...just cause I don't want to cheer against Haas LOL)

J. Corwin
09-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Chile on grass please :)

I like my Chile with beans. ;)

Let 2006 be the year that the US finally wins DC again. :cool:

Deboogle!.
09-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Meh, I have no problem rooting against players when it's cheering for my country. But Germany in Germany on clay would a....um...... losing proposition, most likely. That's why I don't want the US to draw Germany. Sweden would be very tough away, too. Those two and Switzerland would be the three that the US really doesn't want to see in the first round I think

Golfnduck
09-28-2005, 04:02 PM
I'm hoping we draw Belarus, not the Swiss, god please, not the Swiss.

acoffeygirl
09-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Well I don't really have any problem with it either... LOL And I didn't think about Germany playing them on clay...ewww! OK so yeah...so no drawing Germany, Sweden and Switzerland....kthanks!

acoffeygirl
09-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I like my Chile with beans. ;)

Let 2006 be the year that the US finally wins DC again. :cool:

Isn't this a little early for you Jace?

Deboogle!.
09-28-2005, 04:30 PM
Basically, any country we play away will be on clay. Except probably Belarus b/c they're even worse than us on it.

nobama
09-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Roger hasn't yet said whether he'll be playing R1 next year. But my guess is if Switzerland drew USA he would decide to play. Would he and Andy play each other though?

blosson
09-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Roger would never miss a chance to play his beloved Andy.

surfpinky
09-28-2005, 06:27 PM
roger sort of "hinted" that he was going to play...

from an article
Having played a vital role in securing his nation’s place in the World Group of Davis Cup by BNP Paribas next year, thanks to a play-off victory against Great Britain, Roger Federer hinted that he will do everything he can to help Switzerland mount a challenge for the trophy next season.

and I would love it if they played chile on grass!!! vamos florida!!! :]

Deboogle!.
09-28-2005, 07:39 PM
Roger and Andy would be the first match on Sunday. Assuming Roger won his match on Friday against anyone and assuming Andy won his match against the 2nd swiss player (Wawrinka?), and the Bryans in the doubles... it would be Andy/Roger to clinch the tie for the US.... aka it would be Andy's first loss ever in a match to clinch the tie :(

surfpinky
09-28-2005, 07:49 PM
heh let's not get ahead here :]

CHILE IN FIRST ROUND! VAMOS!

Jennay
09-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Any tie that will be home, please! Come to Florida! :p

Jennay
09-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Roger and Andy would be the first match on Sunday. Assuming Roger won his match on Friday against anyone and assuming Andy won his match against the 2nd swiss player (Wawrinka?), and the Bryans in the doubles... it would be Andy/Roger to clinch the tie for the US.... aka it would be Andy's first loss ever in a match to clinch the tie :(
Ouch.

blosson
09-28-2005, 08:17 PM

But US still has a good chance of either James / Robby (whoever PMac chooses) beating the Swiss 2nd player. I think the key tie would be the doubles. The Bryans must win against whoever they would play.

snaillyyy
09-28-2005, 08:20 PM
I just got done worrying about this DC and now I can start on next season already :rolleyes:

acoffeygirl
09-28-2005, 08:29 PM
I just got done worrying about this DC and now I can start on next season already :rolleyes:

No kidding Carole.....this draw needs to be good, or we'll be a basket case before the first tie even rolls around! :p

PinkFeatherBoa
09-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Look what you've done Deb. You've got them all stressed out about the draw, already. :awww: :p

Deboogle!.
09-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Sorry :sad:

acoffeygirl
09-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Look what you've done Deb. You've got them all stressed out about the draw, already. :awww: :p

It really doesn't take much......LOL We'll know soon enough!

snaillyyy
09-28-2005, 08:35 PM
awwww no worries :hug: you know me I have worrying down to a fine art :(

PinkFeatherBoa
09-28-2005, 08:36 PM
I know it doesn't matter Amber. :p I was just joking. ;)

Deb :hug:

acoffeygirl
09-28-2005, 08:43 PM
awwww no worries :hug: you know me I have worrying down to a fine art :(

A kindred spirit :hug:

I know it doesn't matter Amber. :p I was just joking. ;)

I know! :p

nobama
09-28-2005, 11:56 PM
USA plays at home...on what surface? I'm assuming would be hc...

andyroxmysox12191
09-29-2005, 12:59 AM
geez deb, freaking us out over the draw ALREADY?
you need help :p ;)

Deboogle!.
09-29-2005, 01:29 AM
I did not realize it would freak people out :o

Mirkaland, the US doesn't necessarily play at home, we'll find out early tomorrow morning when the draw is made in Paris

Noelle
09-29-2005, 01:38 AM
What happened to my WOOTING? I thought it would keep the DC thread positive. Oh well.

WOOOOOOT!

Deboogle!.
09-29-2005, 01:38 AM
YAY THANKS NOELLE! WOOT!

surfpinky
09-29-2005, 01:56 AM
omc, what if the US lose in the first round again |:

:p

Noelle
09-29-2005, 02:12 AM
NAAAAAAAT :sobbing:

Havok
09-29-2005, 02:29 AM
Don't forget Roger might not even show up for the 1r tie. He's "patriotic" but doesn't give a shit if he wants to keep his #1 ranking, as he displayed this year. Surprised USA dropped all the way down to #8, not too many teams to be troublesome we should still win. The odds of James/Andy winning at least 2 matches is very high, and i don't see anybody beating the bryans quite frankly.

Noelle
09-29-2005, 02:38 AM
Don't forget that the Bryans are very very crucial in each Davis Cup tie. If they hadn't lost the doubles rubber in March, even if Andy had lost against Ljubicic, the US would still have had a chance in the last rubber.

J. Corwin
09-29-2005, 03:12 AM
Isn't this a little early for you Jace?

Why, I can't come here and talk before class? :p

Naldo, the sad things is, Roger can easily participate in DC and still remain #1..it's really just about a week's worth of extra tennis peppered throughout the year.

I just wish Andy can fight as hard in every one of his matches as he does in Davis Cup.

I think he added some flab to his belly and isn't nearly as fit as I thought he'd be.

Wow, talk about disjointed thoughts. :lol:

blosson
09-29-2005, 07:47 AM
USA plays at home...on what surface? I'm assuming would be hc...
I'm assuming you are American. Would you support USA or Roger if they are to play next?

nobama
09-29-2005, 10:49 AM
I'm assuming you are American. Would you support USA or Roger if they are to play next?That would be difficult because I like Andy and the rest of the guys, but of course Roger is my fav. Hopefully they won't play each other and I won't have to choose.

renee_chin
09-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Romania it is

Full draw:

Croatia (s)
v
Austria (c)

Argentina (s)(c)
v
Sweden

Spain (s)
v
Belarus (c)(*)

Australia (s)
v
Switzerland (c)

Germany (c)
v
France (s)

Netherlands (c)
v
Russia (s)

Romania
v
USA (s) (c)

Chile (c)
v
Slovak Republic (s)

snaillyyy
09-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Just reading that, thanks for posting :D:D We get one of our wishes :banana: , at home far away from Switzerland :p :lol:

renee_chin
09-29-2005, 11:04 AM
What's interesting is Australia @ Switzerland! Hewitt vs. Federer! :woohoo:

Noelle
09-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Oh yeah! :woohoo:

USA Davis Cup team better pick a better surface than that slow gritty hard court. :p

ataptc
09-29-2005, 11:10 AM
:banana: Seems like Team USA's in the easier half of the draw?

williaer
09-29-2005, 11:24 AM
WOOT! for not playing the cheese!!!!

who would be on the romanian team??

snaillyyy
09-29-2005, 11:33 AM
A. Pavel and V. Hanescu were members of the last team.

williaer
09-29-2005, 11:41 AM
A. Pavel and V. Hanescu were members of the last team.
so they're quite beatable then

WOOT

Deboogle!.
09-29-2005, 01:56 PM
OH MY!!! This is a fantastic draw for the US. Utterly fantastic.

The worst part will be finding a witty title for this thread in honor of the Romanians :p

Suggestions please!!!!

Noelle
09-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Backflipping over the Romanians ;)

It's a reference to how Romania's well-known for gymnastics.

Deboogle!.
09-29-2005, 02:58 PM
OH! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noelle
09-29-2005, 03:05 PM
:banana: :aplot:

tangerine_dream
09-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Great draw for us! :banana: I really hope 2006 will finally be our year, if only because it will make Andy so damn happy.

Merton
09-29-2005, 03:47 PM
This is a great draw for the U.S. but... Russia in the semis :unsure:

Black Adam
09-29-2005, 03:50 PM
This is a great draw for the U.S. but... Russia in the semis :unsure:
Yeah its a great draw but you may get France in semis at home and that would be awesome:yeah:

renee_chin
09-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Awesome title! Woot! :woohoo:

Looks like a pretty decent draw... Wouldn't want to be in the top half, really... :D And yes, Andy will be so damn happy winning the DC... I never want to relive those ugly pics taken in Seville 2004 :o :ras:

Merton
09-29-2005, 04:23 PM
Yeah its a great draw but you may get France in semis at home and that would be awesome:yeah:

I agree, too early to worry about the semis :D

acoffeygirl
09-29-2005, 04:32 PM
Just thought I'd stop in and celebrate as well!! :woohoo:

Corinna
09-29-2005, 05:03 PM
:yeah: great draw for the USA :woohoo:
unfortunately i don't like it for spain (spain should play germany :angel: ) - they would not meet before the final :sad: and i doubt germany will get into the finals :lol: )

anyways: double YAY for the draw for the US :yeah:
go for the title :p

Golfnduck
09-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Great draw for the US. I really really hope 2006 will be the year they win it. I'm think 2006 will be a great year :bounce:

warmy
09-29-2005, 05:17 PM
I love waking up to good news and witty tread titles. :D :worship:

warmy
09-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Wait so let me get this strait.
In the 1st round we play Romania with our choice of ground

In the Quarterfinal we would we play:
Chile with our choice of ground
Slovak Republic our choice of ground

In the Semifinal we would play:
Germany with their choice of ground
France our choice of ground
Netherlands with their choice of ground
Russia with their choice of ground

In the final we would play:
Croatia with their choice of ground
Austria with their choice of ground
Argentina with their choice of ground
Sweden with their choice of ground
Spain our choice of ground
Belarus their choice of ground
Australia their choice of ground
Switzerland our choice of ground (like it would matter)

And Spain vs. Switzerland in the Quarterfinals would be the Swiss’s choice of ground. :scared:

partygirl
09-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Switzerland our choice of ground (like it would matter)
:scared:

the way andy plays for davis cup i wouldnt be surprised if like the 2nd time :lol: he beats roger, that it would be for davis cup.

it would figure. :rolleyes:

but lets not get ahead of ourselves

tangerine_dream
09-29-2005, 07:26 PM
the way andy plays for davis cup i wouldnt be surprised if like the 2nd time :lol: he beats roger, that it would be for davis cup.
:lol: You actually make a good point, partygirl. After all, the last time Lleyton beat Roger was at Davis Cup too. :scared:

J. Corwin
09-29-2005, 07:27 PM
dc title completely doable so let's not crap out this time, k? :yeah:

I think it's gonna be slow gritty hardcourt like always because PMac has a love affair with it. I think Andy plays better on faster ones but I guess the Bryans prefer slower surfaces. :)

partygirl
09-29-2005, 07:32 PM
PMac has a love affair with it.
i have NO love for PMac

fangirl
09-29-2005, 07:49 PM
Kelladia LOVES the new title :)

Jennay
09-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Don't forget Roger might not even show up for the 1r tie. He's "patriotic" but doesn't give a shit if he wants to keep his #1 ranking, as he displayed this year. Surprised USA dropped all the way down to #8, not too many teams to be troublesome we should still win. The odds of James/Andy winning at least 2 matches is very high, and i don't see anybody beating the bryans quite frankly.
If it was against the US, Federer would want to play so he could snap another one of Andy's dreams in half. :o

PinkFeatherBoa
09-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Pleased the US got a home tie and the nicer side of the draw. I was checking the news on my cell phone in my class and I had to choke back a shout of Woot. :o

Oh, and the title rocks!

andyroxmysox12191
09-29-2005, 09:54 PM
nice title :yeah: and seems like a good draw for the US :D I'd love to see them go for the title :banana:

Deboogle!.
09-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Chile in the QF will be tough just b/c those guys play so well for their country. I think surface will be a huge huge thing for that tie in July. Look what the Chileans did on a ridiculously fast HC in the Olympics - in singles AND doubles.... we GOTTA put them on grass, IMO. coupla articles from Tennis Week

-----------------------------------
U.S. To Host Romania In 2006 Davis Cup
By Richard Pagliaro
09/30/2005

The United States will launch its quest for the 2006 Davis Cup championship on home soil against Romania. The 2006 Davis Cup draw was conducted today in Paris and U.S. Davis Cup captain Patrick McEnroe, who couldn't have sketched a better draw on his ESPN telestrator, will undoubtedly be pleased by the picture it presents for the American team.

The U.S. owns a 5-0 record against Romania and will likely select a hard court to host the February 10-12th tie. Continuing its quest for a record-extending 32nd Davis Cup championship, the United States is playing for its 200th Davis Cup victory.

The two nations last met in February of 1978 when an American team captained by Arthur Ashe and featuring John McEnroe, Jimmy Connors and Peter Fleming swept Romania, 5-0, in Bucharest.

Should the Americans beat Romania they would host the winner of the Chile-Slovak Republic opening-round tie in the quarterfinals. The United States is 3-0 against Chile though the two teams have not met since 1978 when Brian Gottfried, Harold Solomon and John McEnroe led the U.S. to a 3-2 victory over a Chilean squad of Jaime Fillol and Hans Gildemeister in Santiago. The Americans hold a 2-0 advantage against Davis Cup finalist the Slovak Republic, eking out a 3-2 victory in the 2003 World Group Playoff on the red clay of Bratislava.

Of course, after an all-star American cast of former top-ranked singles players Andre Agassi and Andy Roddick and the top-ranked doubles team of Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan watched Ivan Ljubicic delivering a stirring Davis Cup performance in accounting for all three points to lead Croatia to a stunning 3-2 victory over the United States in the 2005 opening-round Davis Cup tie in Carson, California it's highly unlikely anyone on the American team will be overlooking a Romanian team that beat Belarus, 3-2, in the opening round of World Group play in Brasov.

Andrei Pavel registered two singles victories and Victor Hanescu beat Vladimir Voltchkov, 7-6(2), 6-4, 7-6(6), in the decisive fifth match to clinch that victory before Romania bowed to Croatia, 4-1, in the Davis Cup quarterfinals. An experienced player who is solid in virtually all phases of the game, owns a biting one-handed backhand, but lacks one authoritative weapon, Pavel owns a 34-18 Davis Cup record. He will be 32 by the time Romania takes on the U.S. next February.

American No. 1 singles starter Roddick has won three of four meeting with Pavel, but the pair have not played since Roddick's, 7-6, 6-4, victory in the 2002 Paris indoors. Pavel's ability to engage Roddick in backhand rallies using his best shot against Roddick's worst shot, his two-handed backhand, has created close contests in the past, but Roddick is certainly a stronger and more complete player now than he was the last time the two met.

Prior to his 4-6, 6-3, 7-6(11), 6-7(7), 6-2 loss to Ljubicic in the decisive fifth match of the opening-round loss to Croatia, Roddick had never lost a Davis Cup match on American soil. The third-ranked Roddick rebounded from his first-round loss to Gilles Muller in last month's U.S. Open by winning two singles matches on his worst surface, red clay, to lift the Americans to a 4-1 victory over host Belgium in last weekend's World Group Playoffs.

Aided by an out call virtually no one in the Sportplaza Leuven saw out, Roddick broke Olivier Rochus' serve to seize a 4-2 edge in the final set and earn an exhausting 6-7(4), 7-6(4), 7-6(5), 4-6, 6-3 victory that clinched the United States’ triumph over Belgium and secured the Americans' spot in the prestigious Davis Cup World Group for an 18th consecutive year in 2006.

Barring injury, Roddick and the Bryan brothers will lead the United States against Romania with the second singles spot up for grabs. U.S. Open quarterfinalist James Blake, who was 1-1 in his return to Davis Cup last weekend, U.S. Open semifinalist Robby Ginepri, who made his Davis Cup debut in the Americans' 5-0 first-round sweep of Austria in 2004 and 22nd-ranked Taylor Dent are all candidates for the second singles spot. It seems unlikely Agassi, who plans to play the pro circuit in 2006, but must limit his schedule to protect his sciatic nerve that forced him out of Wimbledon this year, will return.

The United States owns a 136-17 record in Davis Cup ties contested in North America. In addition to the home court advantage, McEnroe said American success will require contributions from several players.

"I would be extremely surprised if we won the Davis Cup — if we win the Davis Cup — that we'll do it with four players," McEnroe said. "We're going to need five, six players. Whether we're playing on a fast court, maybe its Taylor Dent who comes in. Just depending on the situation. We need the guys to be on the same page, understand that it's a group effort."

Other intriguing opening-round ties include:

* Spain at Belarus
* Australia at Switzerland
* France at Germany

===============================================
===============================================

McEnroe Focusing On 2006
By Richard Pagliaro
09/30/2005

The United States' road to the 2006 Davis Cup final will begin on American soil and U.S. Davis Cup captain Patrick McEnroe isn't considering any detours.

After falling out of the World Group in the opening round as an inspired Ivan Ljubicic led Croatia to a 3-2 conquest of the U.S. in Carson, California last March, the United States bounced back to beat host Belgium, 4-1, on red clay in Leuven last weekend. Next February, the United States will launch its quest for a record-extending 32nd Davis Cup championship in an opening-round home tie against Romania and the new season will bring a renewed sense of urgency.

He was the fifth youngest man to captain a U.S. Davis Cup squad when he succeeded older brother John and made his debut in February of 2001 at the age of 34. McEnroe's contract expires at the end of the 2006 season. The man who has led the U.S. to an 8-5 record with a trip to the 2004 final, 2002 semifinal and three first-round exits in his five-year tenure as captain said when he considers his own Davis Cup future, he is not looking beyond next year.

"I'm going to sort of take it as it comes next year. I haven't thought about it too much, to be honest," McEnroe told Tennis Week when asked if the team's performance next year would influence his desire to continue his captaincy. "My goal is to just try to help these guys do their best and win the Cup. I think we've got a good chance next year and so do a lot of other countries. So the short answer is no, I haven't really thought about it. Obviously a part of it is the USTA and what direction they want to go in, but it's not something I've given a lot of thought to so far. My goal is still the same as it was when I got here, which is to win the Cup and have the camaraderie and have the team that is into playing. We've got that part, we've got the guys that are committed and we have a great team unity and environment. We need to take one more step. We've been to the finals, we've been to the semis and we've had some disappointing first-round losses. And you know, it would be nice to win it."

Next year could well be the United States' best shot. An American squad led by third-ranked Andy Roddick and twins Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan will be a strong favorite when they host Romania in the February 10-12th tie. Continuing its quest for a record-extending 32nd Davis Cup championship, the United States is playing for its 200th Davis Cup victory and will likely choose a fast hard-court to contest the tie at a site to be determined.

Veteran Andrei Pavel, who owns a 34-18 Davis Cup record, and Victor Hansecu are Romania's primary players.

"Pavel has had a great career and he's been a solid player on all surfaces," McEnroe said. "Hanescu is better on clay. He's a big, tall guy who's got a sweet-looking game. We saw him play pretty well this year in New Haven on hard courts. He's got a pretty good back court game, he doesn't come in that much for a guy his size, he's a very good hitter of the ball and he'll probably struggle a little bit on a quicker court so we'll take that into account and probably look to play on a surface that is relatively quick."

Surviving a nail-biting tie against Belgium, McEnroe is putting his fingers to the test again in consulting with his players while preparing for February's first-round tie.

"I've sent out some email to the boys to get some feedback from them on surfaces. I'm pretty sure we'll play on something other than clay, I can tell you that for the first round," McEnroe said. "And what I'll get feedback-wise from the guys is the speed of the court and (whether we will play) indoors or outdoors. Sometimes, depending on who we're playing and what time of year we prefer to play outdoors or indoors — that's really the first priority and then we start looking at our options as far as what cities are interested (in hosting) and where we can potentially play. If we play outdoors, our options are fairly limited because of the time of year, so we'll take it from there once I get a good feedback from the players."

There are currently five American men — Roddick, No. 7 Andre Agassi, No. 21 Robby Ginepri, No. 22 Taylor Dent and No. 34 James Blake — ranked in the top 35. Agassi and Roddick both reached Grand Slam finals and have been consistent top 10 performers. Despite the fact he is the only one of the five who has not won a tournament title this year, Dent has advanced to two tournament finals, attained his career-high rank with victories over top 10 opponents including Lleyton Hewitt, Marat Safin and David Nalbandian and may well have the highest upside of any of the young Americans. In recent years, Dent, Blake, Ginepri and Mardy Fish have seen their rankings rise and fall with the changing seasons, surfaces and level of commitment. Asked if Dent, U.S. Open semifinalist Ginepri and U.S. Open quarterfinalist Blake can be consistent top 25 players, McEnroe suggested that's a question that will be answered by their desire and dedication.

"I believe they can (be consistent top 25 players), but I believe they have to continue to do what Robby and James, in particular, are doing, which is work their butts off and stay the course," McEnroe said. "If they think by having a good summer that it's just going to continue without continuing to work hard and being disciplined and dedicated then I don't think it's going to happen. I think the potential is there. I think both Robby and James got wake up calls about how to play and how to use their heads and physical abilities and I think Taylor certainly has the game to consistently be where he is."

A change of scenery could help Dent maintain a place in the upper echelon of the sport. The owner of four tournament titles, Dent's explosive serve-and-volley style enables him to dictate play against the best players in the world when he's on his game, but questionable conditioning has held him back in the best-of-five set format in Grand Slam competition. The Newport Beach, California resident is moving to Bradenton, Florida to train at the Bollettieri Academy, a move McEnroe believes may be a sign Dent is finally serious about getting into shape and solidifying his status as a top 20 player.

"To me, his fitness is still a question mark, but the fact he's moving to Florida is a great move for him," McEnroe said. "That could be the move that could get him to the next level because game-wise he's got a plethora of potential and obviously he's already reached some of that. You see the year he's had this year and the top 10 players he's beaten. So I think with a a little more dedication to his off the court stuff — because he works hard when he's on the court, he's a hard worker on the practice court — there's a difference between being a hard worker and a smart hard worker. And I think being around down there in Florida will help him in managing his time. I think it's possible all these guys can get better."

J. Corwin
09-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Chile in the QF will be tough just b/c those guys play so well for their country. I think surface will be a huge huge thing for that tie in July. Look what the Chileans did on a ridiculously fast HC in the Olympics - in singles AND doubles.... we GOTTA put them on grass, IMO.

I agree, even if it means we'll "sacrifice" the doubles (doesn't mean the Bryans will lose of course ;)). We can then count on two wins by Andy..but do we have that great of a 2nd singles player on grass? Well...there is Taylor. :) And Mardy I suppose. :o Just one point from there.

J. Corwin
09-29-2005, 11:14 PM
Ok my post made a lot more sense in my head before I thought of Taylor. :lol:

Guess there is no problem after all. :) And Bryans reached Wimby finals this year so they don't have an issue with grass either. :dance:

Deboogle!.
09-29-2005, 11:16 PM
I agree, even if it means we'll "sacrifice" the doubles (doesn't mean the Bryans will lose of course ;)). We can then count on two wins by Andy..but do we have that great of a 2nd singles player on grass? Well...there is Taylor. :) And Mardy I suppose. :o Just one point from there.Well the Bryans can beat their doubles team - esp. on grass I think. They lost to them at the Olympics but they have not lost to them since I believe (without looking at their history of course lol). So I think, esp. at home, we have to at least try to count on the Bryans :) But yea grass in July would def. be the best for chile (or Slovak Republic actually?) I think :)

Oh, you added a new post that makes mine pointless :p

Glad that we agree, then ;)

renee_chin
09-30-2005, 01:14 AM
Article from ar.com

2006 Davis Cup Draw Announced
By Lucy Flory
2005-09-29

Although this year's champions have yet to be crowned, preparations are already underway for the 2006 Davis Cup tournament. The draw was made in Paris today, Thursday, September 29, and the USA received a home tie against Romania.

Playing in front of a home crowd will be a big boost to the US team, in addition to the heavy advantage of choosing the court surface. The tie will take place on February 10th-12th, 2006 at a venue to be determined.

After defeating Belgium last weekend, the US secured their place in the world group for next year. The Romanian team, including Pavel and Hanescu made it to the quarterfinals of the Davis Cup this year, before losing to Croatia.

The USA has been placed in the bottom half of the draw, along with this year's finalists The Slovak Republic, Russia and France.

Stay tuned to AR.com and daviscup.com for more information about next year's Davis Cup action!

http://www.andyroddick.com/images/news/2292image.jpg
Did Andy smile even once during that week in Belgium?!

Winston's Human
09-30-2005, 02:18 AM
Chile in the QF will be tough just b/c those guys play so well for their country. I think surface will be a huge huge thing for that tie in July. Look what the Chileans did on a ridiculously fast HC in the Olympics - in singles AND doubles.... we GOTTA put them on grass, IMO. coupla articles from Tennis Week.

Next year, the second round of Davis Cup will be in early April -- April 7-9.

Grass seems the best choice given Massu and Gonzo's success at the Olympics.

Deboogle!.
09-30-2005, 02:35 AM
Ah yes they did change it back again. Thanks for reminding me :) Grass or some crazy-fast indoor surface, but I think grass would be preferable and by that time of year they'd have plenty of options for locations. I'm sure Mattress Mack would push hard for it again.

Havok
09-30-2005, 02:37 AM
:haha: Easy draw. Can get a little tricky with France/Russia/Germany in the semis, but Russia only has Safin (OAF) who can be troublesome, France has many really good guys but not any huge threats and the same with Germany. Next year could very well be their year to win it all. ALLEZ boys!

Deboogle!.
09-30-2005, 02:38 AM
The big thing about France is that it would be at home... aka not really a problem for US, IMO :)

Considering the way the draw could have been, this is fantastico :)

Winston's Human
09-30-2005, 03:44 AM
In 2002, they played Davis Cup on grass at the Westside Tennis Center two weeks before U.S. Clay Courts.

I wonder if they will try it back-to-back in Houston next year.

simpletennis
09-30-2005, 04:14 AM
yay. thanks for the update. hopefully 2006 will be the lucky year

Deboogle!.
09-30-2005, 04:21 AM
In 2002, they played Davis Cup on grass at the Westside Tennis Center two weeks before U.S. Clay Courts.

I wonder if they will try it back-to-back in Houston next year.Well you know Mack will try like HELL :lol:

Noelle
09-30-2005, 08:11 AM
Did Andy smile even once during that week in Belgium?!
Bitchy Andy was in Belgium. Bitchy Andy doesn't smile.

Deboogle!.
09-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Delray seeks another Davis Cup match
By Charles Elmore
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Friday, September 30, 2005

Delray Beach has set its sights on hosting a Davis Cup tennis quarterfinal in April.

The 2006 Davis Cup schedule, posted this week, calls for the U.S. team to host Romania in a first-round match in February. That comes probably too close to a men's tour event at the Delray Beach Tennis Center. But if the U.S. wins, on April 7-9 it will host the winner of Chile and the Slovak Republic, a finalist in the 2005 international competition.

Delray wants in.

"Our goal is to be kind of a home stadium for either Davis Cup or Fed Cup every year," Delray Beach mayor Jeff Perlman said Thursday. "April is what works best for us."

Delray Beach, which has hosted Davis Cup and women's Fed Cup matches in recent years, has been pitching itself as a regular site for such international competitions and asking for a longer lead time to line up sponsors. If U.S. tennis officials agree to an early commitment in this case, a decision could come in a matter of weeks.

"It's great for the city," Perlman said. "There are a lot of tennis fans in South Florida. The players can stay in a hotel on the beach and walk downtown without ever having to get in a car, so they like that."

Delray officials met with U.S. Tennis Association executives in New York during Labor Day weekend to talk about their site's benefits.

Brahm Dubin, whose company manages the Delray Beach Tennis Center, said he anticipates active discussions about hosting in April.

"I think we're very interested," Dubin said.

The USTA must balance factors such as playing surface, the travel preferences of players and the desire to spread the events across the country, but Delray Beach has certainly proved itself to be a compelling candidate, officials said.

"There's no reason Delray Beach wouldn't be in the running," said USTA spokesman Chris Widmaier.

renee_chin
09-30-2005, 03:12 PM
Bitchy Andy was in Belgium. Bitchy Andy doesn't smile.

Love bitchy mean Andy :cool: And hope he's here to stay ;)

Delray Beach has set its sights on hosting a Davis Cup tennis quarterfinal in April.

Very positive vibe all around :D

warmy
10-01-2005, 02:21 AM
OK, can I just say… I really like this conversation. :dance:

tangerine_dream
10-05-2005, 05:13 PM
I prefer BitchyAndy in the press room where he attacks stupid journalists ("Would you read a book in the dark!?") :haha:

But oncourt I simply must have AngryAndy in action. That's when he wins. :cool:

acoffeygirl
10-05-2005, 05:17 PM
I prefer BitchyAndy in the press room where he attacks stupid journalists ("Would you read a book in the dark!?") :haha:

But oncourt I simply must have AngryAndy in action. That's when he wins. :cool:

I agree completely!

Deboogle!.
11-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Hm, little update on the potential locations

ARE THEY CRAZY???????????? SCOTTSDALE IN FEBRUARY??????????????? *shakes head* It is not warm enough to have outdoor tennis there that early in the year :o

I think La Jolla sounds like a good idea :angel: :p
=============================
La Jolla, Scottsdale Lead Bids To Host U.S. Davis Cup Tie
By Tennis Week
11/08/2005

The United States may launch its 2006 Davis Cup campaign on the west coast. La Jolla, California and Scottsdale, Arizona have emerged as the front runners to host the February 10-12th first-round tie against Romania with Richmond, Virginia a long shot to win hosting rights.

The tie will be staged on a hard court. The USTA will select a site by the end of this week. The weast cost sites have an edge over Richmond in the bidding for hosting rights in that both sites could host the event outdoors and the Davis Cup weekend precedes the San Jose tournament, which begins on February 13th and is a popular ATP stop for American players.

Continuing its quest for a record-extending 32nd Davis Cup championship, the United States is playing for its 200th Davis Cup victory and enters the tie with a 5-0 record against Romania in Davis Cup competition. The two nations last met in February of 1978 when an American team captained by Arthur Ashe and featuring John McEnroe, Jimmy Connors and Peter Fleming swept Romania, 5-0, in Bucharest.

There are currently five American men — No. 3 Andy Roddick, No. 5 Andre Agassi, No. 17 Robby Ginepri, No. 24 James Blake and No. 29 Taylor Dent — ranked in the top 30. Barring injury, Roddick and the Bryan brothers will lead the United States against Romania with the second singles spot up for grabs. U.S. Open quarterfinalist Blake, who was 1-1 in his return to Davis Cup play in September, U.S. Open semifinalist Ginepri, who made his Davis Cup debut in the Americans' 5-0 first-round sweep of Austria in 2004 and Dent are all candidates for the second singles spot. It is highly unlikely Agassi, who plans to play the pro circuit in 2006, but must limit his schedule to protect his sciatic nerve that forced him out of Wimbledon this year, will return for another Davis Cup appearance.

Indianapolis champion Ginepri and Blake, who has won two tournament titles this year, are the top contenders to complement Roddick as singles starters. Both Blake and Ginepri have posted their best results on hard court, which means their performance at the Australian Open in January will factor into U.S. Davis Cup captain Patrick McEnroe's decision. Both Blake and Ginepri will be seeded in Melbourne and McEnroe will be on hand to watch their matches as ESPN's tennis analyst.

The United States owns a 136-17 record in Davis Cup ties contested in North America. In addition to the home court advantage, McEnroe said American success will require contributions from several players.

"I would be extremely surprised if we won the Davis Cup — if we win the Davis Cup — that we'll do it with four players," McEnroe said. "We're going to need five, six players. Whether we're playing on a fast court, maybe its Taylor Dent who comes in. Just depending on the situation. We need the guys to be on the same page, understand that it's a group effort."

Should the Americans beat Romania they would host the winner of the Chile-Slovak Republic opening-round tie in the quarterfinals. The United States is 3-0 against Chile though the two teams have not met since 1978 when Brian Gottfried, Harold Solomon and John McEnroe led the U.S. to a 3-2 victory over a Chilean squad of Jaime Fillol and Hans Gildemeister in Santiago. The Americans hold a 2-0 advantage against Davis Cup finalist the Slovak Republic, eking out a 3-2 victory in the 2003 World Group Playoff on the red clay of Bratislava.

Of course, after an all-star American cast of former top-ranked singles players Andre Agassi and Andy Roddick and the top-ranked doubles team of Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan watched Ivan Ljubicic delivering a stirring Davis Cup performance in accounting for all three points to lead Croatia to a stunning 3-2 victory over the United States in the 2005 opening-round Davis Cup tie in Carson, California it's highly unlikely anyone on the American team will be overlooking a Romanian team that beat Belarus, 3-2, in the opening round of World Group play in Brasov. Andrei Pavel registered two singles victories and Victor Hanescu beat Vladimir Voltchkov, 7-6(2), 6-4, 7-6(6), in the decisive fifth match to clinch that victory before Romania bowed to Croatia, 4-1, in the Davis Cup quarterfinals.

An experienced player who is solid in virtually all phases of the game, owns a biting one-handed backhand, but lacks one authoritative weapon, Pavel owns a 34-18 Davis Cup record. He will be 32 by the time Romania takes on the U.S. next February. American No. 1 singles starter Roddick has won three of four meeting with Pavel, but the pair have not played since Roddick's, 7-6, 6-4, victory in the 2002 Paris indoors. Pavel's ability to engage Roddick in backhand rallies using his best shot against Roddick's worst shot, his two-handed backhand, has created close contests in the past, but Roddick is certainly a stronger and more complete player now than he was the last time the two met. Prior to his 4-6, 6-3, 7-6(11), 6-7(7), 6-2 loss to Ljubicic in the decisive fifth match of the opening-round loss to Croatia, Roddick had never lost a Davis Cup match on American soil.

The third-ranked Roddick rebounded from his first-round loss to Gilles Muller in the U.S. Open by winning two singles matches on his worst surface, red clay, to lift the Americans to a 4-1 victory over host Belgium in September's World Group Playoffs. Aided by an out call virtually no one in the Sportplaza Leuven saw out, Roddick broke Olivier Rochus' serve to seize a 4-2 edge in the final set and earn an exhausting 6-7(4), 7-6(4), 7-6(5), 4-6, 6-3 victory that clinched the United States’ triumph over Belgium and secured the Americans' spot in the prestigious Davis Cup World Group for an 18th consecutive year in 2006.

Jennay
11-08-2005, 12:32 AM
FREAKIN' BOOOOOO! They just had a tie in California. :ras: :ras:

Florida Florida Florida Florida :ras:

surfpinky
11-08-2005, 01:02 AM
FREAKIN' BOOOOOO! They just had a tie in California. :ras: :ras:

Florida Florida Florida Florida :ras:
I second that.

MissFairy
11-08-2005, 07:12 PM
Romania Vs USA. In London. Yeah baby. That's where the future's at. BOOYAH.

Deboogle!.
11-08-2005, 07:37 PM
:lol: sarah :sobbing:

PinkFeatherBoa
11-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Romania Vs USA. In London. Yeah baby. That's where the future's at. BOOYAH.

I'm SO THERE.

(I hope Britain get Serbia for our home tie (:, i want to go see novak).

snaillyyy
11-09-2005, 02:49 AM
Ok here you go folks ;) :p

La Jolla to host first-round Davis Cup
By Matthew Cronin, TennisReporters.net

The picturesque La Jolla beach and Tennis Club (San Diego County) will host the US-Romania Davis Cup tie, Feb. 10-12, the LA Times reported. The seaside club, which hosts a number of USTA national events, won out over Scottsdale and Richmond.

USTA president Franklin Johnson told the LA Times' Lisa Dillman that the club will construct temporary stands that seat 4,000 around its stadium court. While the historic site is certainly one of the nicest clubs on the West Coast, there is virtually no parking around it and fans will likely have to be bussed in from parking lots up to a mile away

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 02:51 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'll split hotel with you, Amanda ;)

Noelle
11-09-2005, 02:55 AM
:rocker2: I'm happy for all you Cali peeps.

am&a
11-09-2005, 03:05 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'll split hotel with you, Amanda ;)but you won't split plane tickets. d:

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 03:11 AM
but you won't split plane tickets. d:no but if you fly into/out of LA I will drive you to the airport and let you stay with me this time, my schedule won't be as ghastly :p

superpinkone37
11-09-2005, 04:31 AM
DUDE.
La Jolla = San Siego = not that far from us! OMG! tEeNy bOpPeR mOmEnT!!!112

acoffeygirl
11-09-2005, 05:29 AM
Oh my gosh it is official!?!?! I'm so there!!! Let's party girls!!

MissFairy
11-09-2005, 09:02 AM
I'm SO THERE.

(I hope Britain get Serbia for our home tie (:, i want to go see novak).
Wouldn't it be lovely if it was Serbia Vs USA instead in London? :lol: I would prefer that.

Oh, i want to see Novak :bounce: But they were saying if it was, they'd play in Scotland because of dear Andmy :sobbing:

Yay for the people who actually get to go to the tie (not the imaginary one in my head) yayy! :banana:

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 02:22 PM
DUDE.
La Jolla = San Siego = not that far from us! OMG! tEeNy bOpPeR mOmEnT!!!112:haha: I love you. :lol:

partygirl
11-09-2005, 04:05 PM
highly edited-

Cali peeps.
:aplot:

party girls!!
:aplot:

warmy
11-09-2005, 07:29 PM
You know, I think I just might have enough miles to get myself to Cali. :dance:

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 07:33 PM
You know, I think I just might have enough miles to get myself to Cali. :dance:Seriously?!!? :banana:

How fun would it be if we all went and shared a suite or something! :aparty: :drink: :dance:

surfpinky
11-09-2005, 08:39 PM
):
IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN FLORIDA.

I'm happy for you guys that get to go :].

PinkFeatherBoa
11-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Wouldn't it be lovely if it was Serbia Vs USA instead in London? :lol: I would prefer that.

Oh, i want to see Novak :bounce: But they were saying if it was, they'd play in Scotland because of dear Andmy :sobbing:

Yay for the people who actually get to go to the tie (not the imaginary one in my head) yayy! :banana:

Yes Serbia vs USA in London gets my vote. :)

OK dreaming over, have fun all you lucky Cali peeps, at the non-imaginary tie.

Where's my plane ticket? :p

warmy
11-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Seriously?!!? :banana:

I don't know yet, I'm gonna have to check it out, especially my schedule for school. Push comes to shove I can always promise my mom I'll go to Disney Land with her and she'll work her amazing travel magic to make the whole thing work. :angel: She's awesome (scary) like that.

How fun would it be if we all went and shared a suite or something! :aparty: :drink: :dance:

The hotel staff would never recover.

PinkFeatherBoa, is that a manchicken in your av? :tape:

PinkFeatherBoa
11-09-2005, 10:38 PM
PinkFeatherBoa, is that a manchicken in your av? :tape:

Only the finest manchicken of all, Henman. :)

warmy
11-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Only the finest manchicken of all, Henman. :)

OMG. Can't breathe. Must not snort/laugh in library. Must hold it in....
*turning purple*

surfpinky
11-09-2005, 10:48 PM
purple is deb's favourite colour.

warmy
11-09-2005, 10:56 PM
purple is deb's favourite colour.

Death is a small price to pay for the eternal love of Debstah!

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 11:06 PM
purple is deb's favourite colour.It's my favorite color but the health of everyone is far more important!!!!!!!!

Aw, Cassie :kiss:

Well, keep us updated as to your plans ;)

partygirl
11-09-2005, 11:09 PM
You know, I think I just might have enough miles to get myself to Cali. :dance:

if you go...ill go. :)all i have to do is cross a valley or 2...its not like crossing a continent

superpinkone37
11-09-2005, 11:41 PM
If a ton of us end up going....La Jolla will never be the same :sobbing:

I've been to La Jolla a few times...all I remember was that it was cold and windy. But that was like, one day out of the year so I'm not saying the weather is always like that or anything :p

Deboogle!.
11-09-2005, 11:42 PM
LOL no it won't ever be the same. I think Carson took a while to recover just from the 3 of us ;)

Danielle, MSN. Now. for like 2 minutes, pleeeeeease.

superpinkone37
11-09-2005, 11:43 PM
coming, dear...

partygirl
11-10-2005, 12:52 AM
If a ton of us end up going....La Jolla will never be the same :sobbing:

id like to see what that looks like :angel: :angel:

J. Corwin
11-10-2005, 04:12 AM

:aplot: hmmm...;)

:lol: I'd go if my architecture junk clears up enough! Tennis seems to be attracted to So Cal. :ras:

If anyone is going to San Jose let me know...I may be able to go! :cool:

Deboogle!.
11-10-2005, 04:16 AM
Fee always goes to San Jose :cool:

superpinkone37
11-10-2005, 04:28 AM
You know Jace, La Jolla is such a nice place. Like, everyone NEEDS to visit there once in your life, and February, especially the weekend of the 10-12 is like the best time ever to visit there. I dunno what it is, but there's something about that weekend... and what a coincidence! DC is that weekend too! In La Jolla! How convenient...;)

Deboogle!.
11-10-2005, 04:30 AM
:spit:

J. Corwin
11-10-2005, 04:42 AM
You know Jace, La Jolla is such a nice place. Like, everyone NEEDS to visit there once in your life, and February, especially the weekend of the 10-12 is like the best time ever to visit there. I dunno what it is, but there's something about that weekend... and what a coincidence! DC is that weekend too! In La Jolla! How convenient...;)

Thanks mah fellow viNNaY fAn!!!!!111 I am now conVINCED. :cool:

And I get to share a suite with all you girls! ;) (yeah I know I get the floor but still....:hearts: )

acoffeygirl
11-10-2005, 04:48 AM
This will be too much fun!!! :p

superpinkone37
11-10-2005, 04:48 AM
Thanks mah fellow viNNaY fAn!!!!!111 I am not conVINCED. :cool:

And I get to share a suite with all you girls! ;) (yeah I know I get the floor but still....:hearts: )

HAHHAHAHA...conVINCEd :haha: :haha:

Deboogle!.
11-10-2005, 04:49 AM
And I get to share a suite with all you girls! ;) (yeah I know I get the floor but still....:hearts: )Well duh :D

PinkFeatherBoa
11-10-2005, 06:24 PM
I just realised this happens on my birthday. I'm seriously thinking of looking into flying out for this (I need to treat myself, dammit).

acoffeygirl
11-10-2005, 06:29 PM
Um yes you should!!! You deserve it!

Deboogle!.
11-10-2005, 07:27 PM
YES JENNY! Do it. Do it. Do it.

MissFairy
11-10-2005, 07:28 PM
I agree! Go! GO! GOOOO! It would be the perfect present (:

PinkFeatherBoa
11-10-2005, 08:32 PM
The seed had been planted. I'm such a travel-holic. The flight should cost me about £300/$500, I 'should' be able to raise that.

*starts planning*

acoffeygirl
11-10-2005, 09:18 PM
The seed had been planted. I'm such a travel-holic. The flight should cost me about £300/$500, I 'should' be able to raise that.

*starts planning*

:bounce: :yippee: :woohoo: :banana: :rocker: :aparty:

am&a
11-11-2005, 04:18 AM
Only the finest manchicken of all, Henman. :)every thread is a timmay is awesome thread.

dude, if you go, we HAVE to make a sign that says "hip hip hewrray!"

PinkFeatherBoa
11-11-2005, 02:55 PM
every thread is a timmay is awesome thread.

dude, if you go, we HAVE to make a sign that says "hip hip hewrray!"

Timmay is everywhere. ;)

I don't know that a 'hip hip hewrray' sign would have any relevance at a US v Romania tie.

Mind you, what does that matter? d:

Deboogle!.
11-11-2005, 02:58 PM
Mind you, what does that matter? d:Nope, nope it doesn't!

acoffeygirl
11-11-2005, 03:59 PM
So last night in discussing DC with Brian, I realized it is the same weekend as Homecoming here at the college, and I'm supposed to be helping. :sad:

I'm going to have to meet with the office that is running the event, and tell them I'm no longer available. I had better be able to get out of this!

partygirl
11-11-2005, 07:48 PM
If anyone is going to San Jose let me know...I may be able to go! :cool:

i want to go...i might, i was thinking of volunteering = free tickets but, i dont know if i can yet...i will probbly just be lazy and buy them :cool:

this so cal davis cup trip sounds like the place to be :dance:

Deboogle!.
11-14-2005, 07:29 PM
:dance: :aparty: :yippee: :drink:

USTA picks La Jolla club for Davis Cup first round

ASSOCIATED PRESS

10:03 a.m. November 14, 2005

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – The first-round Davis Cup matches between the United States and Romania will be played at The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club.

The club was selected Monday by the U.S. Tennis Association. The matches are Feb. 10-12.

The California club plans to build a temporary hard court and stadium on a pitch-and-putt golf course. It's the first time since 1996 that the San Diego area will host the Davis Cup.

"We know we're going to play in front of some of the most knowledgeable tennis fans in the world," U.S. captain Patrick McEnroe said. "Our guys are committed to doing everything they can to win the Cup this year."

The United States last won the championship in 1995, the country's longest drought since the 1930s.

Andy Roddick and the doubles team of twins Bob and Mike Bryan are expected to lead the U.S. team, which also could have U.S. Open semifinalist Robby Ginepri, James Blake or Taylor Dent.

The U.S. has won all five Davis Cup meetings against Romania, which should be led by Andrei Pavel and Victor Hanescu.

Volcanic Tennis
11-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Will you go, Deb? Thanks for the article!

MissFairy
11-14-2005, 07:32 PM
La Jolla reminds me of Jolly and Jelly at the same time. Must be a wonderful, magical place.

Deboogle!.
11-14-2005, 07:33 PM
A lot of us are gonna go I think, Matt :)

LOL Sarah! It's by the water, it's supposed to be a really nice place

LOOKS GOOD TO ME! :hearts:
http://www.ljbtc.com/Default.aspx?p=DynamicModule&PageId=204500

MissFairy
11-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Wow it's so pretty :hearts: It's even better than Jelly!

Deboogle!.
11-14-2005, 07:35 PM
:rolls:

Volcanic Tennis
11-14-2005, 07:43 PM
:lol: Sarah! It does look like a nice place - I'd take it over jelly any day :-P

Ooh, well that's awesome! You can all take pictures and bring signs and yell at Andy from the stands! I can see it now, in big bold letters, "Don't suck :)" with lots of hearts around it.

partygirl
11-14-2005, 07:45 PM
:yippee: :banana: A lot of us are gonna go I think, Matt :)

LOL Sarah! It's by the water, it's supposed to be a really nice place

i wonder when we will know more about ticket availability & prices...probbly not till early next year but i want to start planning now!! :yippee: :banana:

Deboogle!.
11-14-2005, 07:47 PM
yea not til a couple months before probably. maybe a month or so from now

Volcanic Tennis
11-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Wow. February seems so far away, yet so near. :sigh: I can't wait for 2006 to start. I can't wait for the Australian Open. I know this is in the wrong place. But I can't help it :sad:

Deboogle!.
11-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Just kidding

from USTA.com:

Tickets for the three-day, best-of-five match series will go on sale to the general public December 5 and can be purchased by calling (888) 484-USTA. Tickets will be sold as a three-day series with prices ranging from $90 to $375, with VIP packages available. Visitors attending the three-day event can book advance guest room reservations at the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club or the Sea Lodge Hotel by calling (800) 656-4980. For more information, visit online at www.ljbtc.com or www.sealodge.com.

That hotel is like outrageous though.
==============================

USTA Selects La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club In California As Site For 2006 Davis Cup World Group First Round Tie
11/14/05 4:58 PM

Andy Roddick and Bryan Brothers Expected to Lead U.S. Team Against Romania

Davis Cup Returns To San Diego Area, February 10-12
Tickets Go On Sale, Monday, December 5

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., November 14, 2005 – The USTA today announced the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club in La Jolla, Calif., as the site for the 2006 Davis Cup first round match between the United States and Romania, February 10-12. The match will mark the first time since 1996 that Davis Cup will be played in the San Diego area. Andy Roddick and the No. 1 doubles team in the world, Bob and Mike Bryan, are expected to represent the United States. Other potential U.S. players include Robby Ginepri, James Blake and Taylor Dent.

Tickets for the three-day, best-of-five match series will go on sale to the general public December 5 and can be purchased by calling (888) 484-USTA. Tickets will be sold as a three-day series with prices ranging from $90 to $375, with VIP packages available. Visitors attending the three-day event can book advance guest room reservations at the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club or the Sea Lodge Hotel by calling (800) 656-4980. For more information, visit online at www.ljbtc.com or www.sealodge.com.

Davis Cup was last played in the area when La Costa Resort and Spa in Carlsbad hosted the 1996 first round match where the United States swept Mexico, 5-0. California has hosted Davis Cup on 17 previous occasions dating back to 1937.

“Davis Cup is a special brand of team tennis and San Diego fans can anticipate three days of high-energy entertainment,” said Arlen Kantarian, Chief Executive, Pro Tennis, USTA. “The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club will provide one of the most majestic settings to ever host the U.S. Davis Cup team and we expect a loud, patriotic sold-out crowd.”

“We know we’re going to play in front of some of the most knowledgeable tennis fans in the world,” said U.S. Davis Cup Captain Patrick McEnroe, who played his last home Davis Cup match for the United States in Carlsbad in 1996. “Our guys are committed to doing everything they can to win the Cup this year and we look forward to starting the 2006 campaign in La Jolla.”

“We are thrilled to bring the excitement of Davis Cup back to San Diego,” said Bill Kellogg, President, La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, which plans to construct a temporary hard court and stadium on its pitch-and-putt golf course. “We look forward to hosting an exhilarating weekend of world-class tennis and showcase La Jolla in front of a global audience.”

This will be the sixth meeting between the United States and Romania in Davis Cup play. The United States leads the series, 5-0, and last defeated Romania in the first round of the 1984 Davis Cup in Bucharest. The Romanian Davis Cup team is led by Andrei Pavel and Victor Hanescu.

The winner of the U.S. vs. Romania contest will advance to the 2006 Davis Cup Quarterfinals, April 7-9, to face the winner of the first round match between Chile and the Slovak Republic. Should the United States defeat Romania, they would host the quarterfinal.

Founded in 1900, Davis Cup is the world’s largest annual international team competition with 134 teams competing in 2005. The U.S. is one of 16 nations that will compete for the 2006 Davis Cup title as part of the Davis Cup World Group.

The La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, Inc. is a fourth-generation, family-owned and operated company dedicated to the operation of a 14-acre beachside resort location in La Jolla, California. The resort includes three properties including the exclusive La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club, the 128-room Sea Lodge oceanfront hotel and the historic Marine Room restaurant. Resort amenities include 14 championship tennis courts, a nine hole Par-3 golf course, two swimming pools, two additional oceanfront restaurants and cocktail lounges and one of Southern California’s only private beaches.

Volcanic Tennis
11-14-2005, 07:56 PM
“We know we’re going to play in front of some of the most knowledgeable tennis fans in the world,”
He's right considering everyone on this forum who lives in California :lol:

You must spread reputation around before giving it to Debstah again.
Aww! I need to remember to rep people :)

acoffeygirl
11-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Well I officially told the office I was unavailable that weekend...so I'm going to DC. It is nice to have something to look forward to! :)

MissFairy
11-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Way to go Amber. Have fun when you go and pretend i'm there, k? I don't wanna miss out :p

acoffeygirl
11-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Way to go Amber. Have fun when you go and pretend i'm there, k? I don't wanna miss out :p

Will do Sarah...wish you could join us though! I just read your av...I'm sure it has been changed for a while, but I hadn't noticed...to funny! ;)

Deboogle!.
11-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Don't worry, Sarah, we'll all come back and give detailed and in-depth reports and descriptions ;) :p

Volcanic Tennis
11-14-2005, 08:10 PM
:) I look forward to it already!

Missfairy, don't worry, we can have our own fun watching it on TV :lol:

PinkFeatherBoa
11-14-2005, 09:19 PM

Those pics just made me :drool:. A place like that is really tempting, with the freezing cold weather we're having here today. ): It's so purdy! :hearts:

Question for you LA/Cali peeps, how far is LAX from La Jolla, about 100 miles(161km) right? It would cost me like double to fly to San Diego (which I think is the closest to Jolla) because of the stop over.

How easy would it be to get from LAX to La Jolla, without flying?
Thanks.

acoffeygirl
11-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Those pics just made me :drool:. A place like that is really tempting, with the freezing cold weather we're having here today. ): It's so purdy! :hearts:

Question for you LA/Cali peeps, how far is LAX from La Jolla, about 100 miles(161km) right? It would cost me like double to fly to San Diego (which I think is the closest to Jolla) because of the stop over.

How easy would it be to get from LAX to La Jolla, without flying?
Thanks.

I believe that you can take the train down to San Diego...but I think that you might have to get downtown to get to the train station...you could get there in a shuttle I would guess. It is about 100 miles I believe.

Depending on when you fly in etc... I would certainly be willing to pick you up from the airport and take you down to La Jolla with me. I haven't exactly thought through my plans for going down etc, but there are enough of us that would be going, that I'm sure we could work it out so that you don't have to deal with public transportation etc...

PinkFeatherBoa
11-14-2005, 10:26 PM
I believe that you can take the train down to San Diego...but I think that you might have to get downtown to get to the train station...you could get there in a shuttle I would guess. It is about 100 miles I believe.

Depending on when you fly in etc... I would certainly be willing to pick you up from the airport and take you down to La Jolla with me. I haven't exactly thought through my plans for going down etc, but there are enough of us that would be going, that I'm sure we could work it out so that you don't have to deal with public transportation etc...

Thanks for that Ambah. It would be good if I could avoid the public transport. Still, we'll see how things plan out. :)

acoffeygirl
11-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Thanks for that Ambah. It would be good if I could avoid the public transport. Still, we'll see how things plan out. :)

Sounds like a plan!

warmy
11-14-2005, 10:33 PM
Well if all goes as planned, my mom and I are going to drive from LAX. I don't know if that's going to be before or after we go to Disneyland, but there's a good chance you could get a ride with us. We just haven't sorted everything out yet, we're still waiting to make sure I can get tickets before we spend any money on reservations.

Deboogle!.
11-14-2005, 10:46 PM
I'm a lot closer to LAX than Amber is (I think?) and I am also willing to transport and provide floorspace for sleeping ;)

PinkFeatherBoa
11-14-2005, 10:49 PM
You people are all too sweet, thanks for all the 'offers'. :)

Deboogle!.
11-14-2005, 10:50 PM
:D I'm only 15 minutes from LAX so it's really no big deal, and I'll have a pretty empty Thursday and Friday schedule next semester.

I think Amanda's planning on coming in early Friday morning (like REAL early) and I was gonna pick her up. If you come in Thursday afternoon or whatever you can stay overnight.

We'll work it all out somehow :D

Jennay
11-14-2005, 10:51 PM
Andy better be prepared. :p

partygirl
11-14-2005, 10:52 PM
sorry im slow today...
am i correct in thinking this $90-375price is for tickets for all three days?

Deboogle!.
11-14-2005, 10:52 PM
For all of us? in one place? no shit he better be :fiery:

Yea Larah, that's how DC tix are sold - for all three days.

Those prices are right in line with what it was last year. I think we got the $250 package and our seats were great :)

superpinkone37
11-14-2005, 10:58 PM
Andy better be prepared. :p
I know, right? :p

DUDE. With all these people saying they're gonna go, I'm getting so excited! :D I dunno if I'll buy the $250 tickets again because I'm a litte more tight on money this year. But I'm so excited!

acoffeygirl
11-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Yes.....I think their pricing is pretty good. I was very happy with my seats (we had the package that was cheaper than Deb's package, but it was such a small stadium, that the seats were still really good). Plus...they ended up moving us forward to the $250.00 seats and they were great!!

Deb is closer to LAX than me, but I can help pick people up if needed!! :) I also have a couch and floor space if anyone needs it!

PinkFeatherBoa
11-14-2005, 11:01 PM
:D I'm only 15 minutes from LAX so it's really no big deal, and I'll have a pretty empty Thursday and Friday schedule next semester.

I think Amanda's planning on coming in early Friday morning (like REAL early) and I was gonna pick her up. If you come in Thursday afternoon or whatever you can stay overnight.

We'll work it all out somehow :D

:banana:

and yeah, if I come, i'd probably fly in Thursday afternoon.

Deboogle!.
11-14-2005, 11:04 PM

and yeah, if I come, i'd probably fly in Thursday afternoon.:yeah: I could definitely pick you up then I think :)

superpinkone37
11-14-2005, 11:07 PM
oh my gosh, so many people are going, my (yes, my) turqouoise couch is going to be taken over! :eek: ;)

Deboogle!.
11-14-2005, 11:09 PM
That will be at a LAST resort, Danielle!!!!

PinkFeatherBoa
11-14-2005, 11:09 PM
:lol: You can keep the couch, Danielle. ;)

Deboogle!.
11-14-2005, 11:10 PM
I have a nice comfy inflatable mattress, that will be utilized first :p

acoffeygirl
11-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Speaking from experience...the inflatable mattress is quite comfy! :)

superpinkone37
11-14-2005, 11:15 PM
That will be at a LAST resort, Danielle!!!!
whew. I don't share well. ;)

warmy
11-14-2005, 11:16 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
I'm. Getting. Sooooo. Excited!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

This will be the first time I get to see pros in person!!!

Deboogle!.
11-14-2005, 11:16 PM
:eek: :eek: it's sooooo fun :D Davis cup is special :D

PinkFeatherBoa
11-14-2005, 11:18 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
I'm. Getting. Sooooo. Excited!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

This will be the first time I get to see pros in person!!!

OMC cassie, woot for you!

I've seen far too many pros. It's really a bit of an obsessive habit for me now.

partygirl
11-14-2005, 11:23 PM
well if they are putting up just 4000 seats thats pretty small, i hope thats not 4000 on top of more...if more are already there.
but if there are only 4000 than i cant see that there would be too many bad seats.

those prices are good im not sure which ones i can afford since im gonna have to buy mine and for my best friend so she'll drive down there...
but im going to do it...cause we all need a late winter vacation- dont we?

superpinkone37
11-14-2005, 11:24 PM
wait, there are only gonna be 400 seats? There were, what, 8000 in Carson, right? I'm buying the cheapo tickets then :lol:

Deboogle!.
11-15-2005, 01:48 AM
4000, not 400 LOL... Carson wasn't 8,000 I don't think, they blocked a lot of it off, but yeah, I'm sure that most of the seats will be good - they are in most stadiums really :)

Golfnduck
11-15-2005, 02:27 AM
I wish I could go to DC, but I will be broke because of this little beauty
http://automobiles.honda.com/images/2006/civic_sedan/customize/base_car/SI_ex_34FRONT.jpg

Deboogle!.
11-15-2005, 03:02 AM
aw that's too bad :(

But what a beauty it is! :hearts:

partygirl
11-15-2005, 03:06 AM
it is beautyeous...is it a hybrid?

superpinkone37
11-15-2005, 04:00 AM
ok yeah, I meant 4000, not 400 ;) But even still, it seems like it's gonna be small than Carson? So cheaper tickets are not so bad? Now I'm confusing myself...

Deboogle!.
11-15-2005, 04:04 AM
Yeah it'll be smaller than Carson it seems.

I guess? I dunno... it's up to you I guess lol.... but it's definitely one of those stadiums where there aren't any seats that are mega-far away, I don't think :)

Golfnduck
11-15-2005, 04:29 AM
it is beautyeous...is it a hybrid?
No, it's a 2006 Honda Civic EX, the beginning of my life in debt :lol:

snaillyyy
11-15-2005, 10:03 AM
:lol: Jen...but you got a new one!!!!!! :yippee: Dad thought it was the better option huh;) of course since you now have a new one, drive to Davis Cup, that would break it in nicely:p :lol:

Golfnduck
11-15-2005, 01:53 PM
LOL!!! It would, next Wednesday I get it. I've never had a new car. My sophomore and junior years of high school, I drove a 1990 Dodge Minivan, now that's big pimpin' :lol: Then my senior year of high school until now, I'm driving a 1990 Buick "Grannymobile" Park Avenue. I'm sooooo excited :bounce:

Deboogle!.
11-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Carole!! Encouraging the girl to go into debt!! Tsk tsk!

Anyway, Jen, the car looks awesome :cool: What color ya getting?

Golfnduck
11-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Silver, exactly like that picture, moonroof and all. The most exciting part is the mp3 jack, I can plug my ipod into the stereo.

Deboogle!.
11-15-2005, 02:07 PM
:eek: :eek: Damn, I need that. :sobbing:

Golfnduck
11-15-2005, 02:16 PM
*Salesperson Jen enters* The mp3 jack is only available in the EX model. That's partially why I chose it. Plus for an extra $20 on month (this is the difference between the LX and EX) you get the moonroof, different tires (don't know shit about cars) and the mp3 jack.
I think this part of the car is freakin awesome......
http://automobiles.honda.com/images/banners/2006/civic_sedan/interior_gallery/large4.jpg

Deboogle!.
11-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Wow, that is cool. I have a Corolla (couple years old now) And the insides light up like that. I hated it at night so I had to dim it.

but the mp3 jack, that sounds so awesome :sobbing:

Golfnduck
11-15-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm excited, now we've turned the DC thread into "Jen's new car that hasn't arrived" thread :lol:

Deboogle!.
11-15-2005, 02:30 PM
New toys are so exciting. My new phone comes today and I am also excited :lol: We never really grow up do we :p

Golfnduck
11-15-2005, 02:32 PM
No we don't. I remember when I got my new cell phone in September, for a week I would flip it open, then close. Nothing would change, I just liked the colors :haha:

Deboogle!.
11-15-2005, 02:43 PM
:lol:

acoffeygirl
11-15-2005, 06:27 PM
No we don't. I remember when I got my new cell phone in September, for a week I would flip it open, then close. Nothing would change, I just liked the colors :haha:

Ummm....I did that with mine too!! :sobbing:

Volcanic Tennis
11-15-2005, 06:38 PM
:lol: It's such a nice car, Jen! =)

I just had a thought. With so many of you going, someone needs to bring a camera and film the entire thing! You can make a documentary! I'd pay good money to watch it :lol:

surfpinky
11-15-2005, 06:57 PM
cool car jen!!

Golfnduck
11-15-2005, 08:01 PM
I knew I should have made a thread titled "Jen's cool new car" :lol:
I'll be sure to post pics when I get the car next Wednesday. Hopefully I'll be able to hold still long enough to take the pics.

superpinkone37
11-22-2005, 02:12 AM
Looky what I got in my mailbox today :)
So I guess there ARE advanced sales for USTA members. :D
Let's hope James has a very good AO this year. ;)

Deboogle!.
11-22-2005, 02:16 AM
:eek: we will have to commiserate on MSN then!

superpinkone37
11-22-2005, 02:18 AM
um. yes.

And I must talk to mi madre.

Deboogle!.
11-22-2005, 02:18 AM
yes, yes you must :lol:

surfpinky
11-22-2005, 02:39 AM
I want to go. ):
deb :sobbing: I think I'm blind, but I can't find the challenger on the USTA site :sobbing: therefore, I can't find the phonenumbah. :sobbing:

Deboogle!.
11-22-2005, 02:41 AM
I'd just call that USTA number at the top left of the USTA florida site and ask them about it? :awww:

surfpinky
11-22-2005, 02:43 AM
I'd just call that USTA number at the top left of the USTA florida site and ask them about it? :awww:
:o
omc, I swear I did not see that number until now. :o

Deboogle!.
11-22-2005, 02:43 AM
I love you Natilicious.

surfpinky
11-22-2005, 02:44 AM
I love you too. [:

Deboogle!.
11-29-2005, 08:43 PM
hey, info for all those who were thinking of going - the USTA member presale started today, so I called and asked a few questions

the ranges for the prices are

90, 125, 250, 375. He said that the $90 ones are ALREADY sold out (this is after just over 3 hours of the presale?! :eek: ).

Also, you can't give them a preference for where you want to sit, you buy a price range and hope you get lucky :o

It sounds like the tickets are selling fast. So I'd buy now if you're planning on going.

Oh, and the start time on Friday is freaking 10:30am. I think he said that it's that for Sunday, too, but I forget. Saturday was maybe noon, or something around there. So it's early. :o.

partygirl
11-30-2005, 12:27 AM
:crying2: I CAN'T GO :crying2: :tears:

i so wanted to go and to meet some of my MTF lovlies, i guess i have to settle for the sap open, only.

excellent reporting debstah.:sad:

Deboogle!.
11-30-2005, 12:28 AM
awwwwwwwww :( too bad :(

maybe some MTF people will be at San Jose too (Jace, Fee, etc.) :)

Golfnduck
11-30-2005, 02:30 AM
I really wanted to go to Davis Cup. Maybe I'll make a tournament this summer. GO TEAM USA!!!

Deboogle!.
11-30-2005, 05:22 PM
WE HAVE OUR TIX!!!!!!!!

Watch out La Jolla :devil:

snaillyyy
11-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Run people, run!! the invasion is coming :p;) Have fun!!!!!!!!!!! :D

PinkFeatherBoa
11-30-2005, 05:56 PM
WE HAVE OUR TIX!!!!!!!!

Watch out La Jolla :devil:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeee

:D WOOT.

am&a
11-30-2005, 06:20 PM
i have my plane tickets! (:

surfpinky
11-30-2005, 07:07 PM
yay!
I wish I could goooo. ):

MissFairy
11-30-2005, 07:10 PM
OOOOOO :banana: Have fun guys! (:

partygirl
11-30-2005, 07:15 PM
even without me :p

team U.S.A will be well represented.:banana: :banana:

Deboogle!.
11-30-2005, 07:37 PM
i have my plane tickets! (::banana: Is it the schedule we discussed? :D now Jenny has to make hers :p

omg this is gonna be so fun!

am&a
11-30-2005, 07:44 PM
yes, it is.

Deboogle!.
11-30-2005, 07:44 PM
:yeah:

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gif

surfpinky
11-30-2005, 07:48 PM
deb, I like your av. [:

surfpinky
11-30-2005, 07:49 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gif

Deboogle!.
11-30-2005, 07:51 PM
I like it too :][:

surfpinky
11-30-2005, 07:53 PM
[:http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gif :]

surfpinky
11-30-2005, 07:55 PM
): I was trying to put http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gif in my signature so it'd stay with me forever. ):

am&a
11-30-2005, 07:57 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gif

Deboogle!.
11-30-2005, 08:01 PM
): I was trying to put http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gif in my signature so it'd stay with me forever. )::)

surfpinky
11-30-2005, 08:02 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gif

surfpinky
11-30-2005, 08:02 PM
:)
:D

PinkFeatherBoa
11-30-2005, 08:32 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gifhttp://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gif

OMC, so many dance4's in one place. :hearts:

warmy
11-30-2005, 09:14 PM
OMG!!! I'M GOING! I'M GOING!

I've bought my ticket.

Eeeeeeeeeee! I get to see pros live!
Eeeeeeeeeee! I get to go to Cali!
Eeeeeeeeeee! I get to grope Andy... umm... or try to.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*gasp**cough*eeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !
:banana: http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gif :banana: http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gif :banana: http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gif :banana: http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/dance2.gif :banana:

PinkFeatherBoa
11-30-2005, 09:28 PM
Awww, yay Cassie!!!! :)

partygirl
11-30-2005, 09:34 PM
i hope y'all peeps have, cameras :aplot: ;)

Eeeeeeeeeee! I get to see pros live!
Eeeeeeeeeee! I get to go to Cali!
Eeeeeeeeeee! I get to grope Andy... umm... or try to.

:clap2: :umbrella: :smooch:

PinkFeatherBoa
11-30-2005, 09:37 PM
i hope y'all peeps have, cameras :aplot: ;)

I have 3. |: But I'm known for forgetting to take them, so I might end up flying out with none. |:

superpinkone37
11-30-2005, 10:46 PM
yay, I'm so excited for DC now! :D:D:D Too bad it's not for like, over two months lol. But, YAY! :banana:

Deboogle!.
11-30-2005, 10:48 PM
awwwwww yay Cassie!! Promise you'll hang out with us :D