~~ Davis Cup - Czech Republic vs Germany ~~ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

~~ Davis Cup - Czech Republic vs Germany ~~

Lenka
09-18-2005, 03:35 PM
The Czech tennis players had their first practice today morning in the Liberec Tipsport arena.

http://sportplus.centrum.cz/img/9/4/358.jpg

"The first feeling was fantastic, I was really surprised. We don't have many so nice arenas in the Czech Republic," said Novak.

"If I knew that my state of health is too poor to not play, I would not come at all. I and the doctors will do our best to I will be able to play and play my best, and on the other hand if it will not be this good I put other players to that," said Novak.

First practised Tomas Zib and Frantisek Cermak and then Tomas Berdych, Robin Vik and Novak. "The court looks great. We will see during the week if we will want to get the court faster or slower," said the captain Suk.

"I hope that the Czech fans will come and support us too," said Suk. "Hopefully will come a great audience," wishes Novak.

Papakori
09-18-2005, 03:48 PM
Good luck Czech Republic!

Hope jiri is ok!

Are you going Lenka?

Lenka
09-18-2005, 03:53 PM
No, I'm not :sad: I must study hard but I have a determination to go next year ;) hopefully they will win without me :)

is anyone going?

Papakori
09-18-2005, 06:56 PM
If I lived in Czech Republic I probably would

I am going to the Belgium vs USA tie :cool:

Lenka
09-18-2005, 08:33 PM
oh, you are a Belgian? I'll keep my fingers crossed for your team ;) enjoy it :)

Papakori
09-19-2005, 03:54 PM
oh, you are a Belgian? I'll keep my fingers crossed for your team ;) enjoy it :)
well half maltese, half british and I live in Belgium :lol:

Any new news on Jiri?

Lenka
09-19-2005, 07:58 PM
wow! so you know more languages :D hmm... I and my Czech :rolleyes: :lol:

Jiri practised and hopes that the doctors help him to recover the most it is possible, there was a short shot in the news today, he had quite good mood and all players looked cheerful. They know that Germans are very good players but they believe that they can beat them since Germans are very dangerous especially on hardcourts so a little hope still stays and they will do their best for our success and if the audience and support will be good, I'm sure they can win. You know Jiri plays in Davis Cup particularly very good because he likes this motivation and after all it is for his country, not only for him like at other tourneys.

Good luck boys!!!!! :banana:

I hope i will see the matches live because it starts earlier this year and my school finishes at 3pm on friday so i will have to run from the school :lol:

novanora
09-20-2005, 03:02 PM
No, I'm not :sad: I must study hard but I have a determination to go next year ;) hopefully they will win without me :)

is anyone going?
That's a real pity, lenka!!!!! Hope you still can cheer for your team in front of your TV :p

I just back from Beijing. Hope Jiri's injury will recover completely before DC match, and have good luck!!!

Come on Czech~~!!!! :bounce:

Lenka
09-20-2005, 05:43 PM
Hey Crystal!!!!! :) welcome back!!!! :bigwave: how was your time in Beijing? I hope you had the best time you could have and that you have a lots of pics and great experiences! :D :hug:

Jiri tries his best to recover but Germans are quite confident about this weekend :rolleyes: so we will see, will you get to watch the matches?

novanora
09-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Hey Crystal!!!!! :) welcome back!!!! :bigwave: how was your time in Beijing? I hope you had the best time you could have and that you have a lots of pics and great experiences! :D :hug:

Jiri tries his best to recover but Germans are quite confident about this weekend :rolleyes: so we will see, will you get to watch the matches?
The Beijing time is great, really enjoy the live matches, but if Jiri was there, it's even better ;)

I am a bit worried about his injury, seems it can't be completely recovered at this weekend :sad: but we all know how important Jiri is to the Czech team.... Hope there's some miracle coz i don't want Jiri to be too risk of his injury. And don't you think the Germans are over-confident? :shrug:

Well, i can't watch the matches, i think our TV will broadcast the DC semi, probably Slovak vs Argentina. Real pity, but I will follow the S/B of Czech's matches for sure. GOOOOOOO, Czech!!! :bounce:

Lenka
09-21-2005, 05:07 PM
The Beijing time is great, really enjoy the live matches, but if Jiri was there, it's even better ;)

I am a bit worried about his injury, seems it can't be completely recovered at this weekend :sad: but we all know how important Jiri is to the Czech team.... Hope there's some miracle coz i don't want Jiri to be too risk of his injury. And don't you think the Germans are over-confident? :shrug:

Well, i can't watch the matches, i think our TV will broadcast the DC semi, probably Slovak vs Argentina. Real pity, but I will follow the S/B of Czech's matches for sure. GOOOOOOO, Czech!!! :bounce:

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in beijing although without Jiri :hug:

Don't worry, I'm sure Jiri takes care his health and altthough he would love to play he knows when it is the right time to say no, I don't feel so well for a match. But I still wonder who will play the doubles :confused: we will see tomorrow ;)

yeah, i think the Germans should be hmmm...let's say more polite, they behave like they are already the winners, maybe my view is a little bit biased

Tehy will show the matches live in my country so I should see them all, except the first friday's single because it starts about 12.30 and my school finishes 15.00

Lenka
09-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Hey...I found out that Jiri made a chat in internet on Tuesday, I will translate it later :angel:

http://sport.idnes.cz/odpovedi.asp?t=novak3

Papakori
09-21-2005, 06:08 PM
thanks Lenka for the news :hug:

Welcome back Novanora, hope you had a good time!

novanora
09-22-2005, 10:41 PM
thanks Lenka for the news :hug:

Welcome back Novanora, hope you had a good time!
Thanks Gambillfan :hug: I did have a good time, though a lot disappointed to Nalby.

novanora
09-22-2005, 10:45 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed your time in beijing although without Jiri :hug:

Don't worry, I'm sure Jiri takes care his health and altthough he would love to play he knows when it is the right time to say no, I don't feel so well for a match. But I still wonder who will play the doubles :confused: we will see tomorrow ;)

yeah, i think the Germans should be hmmm...let's say more polite, they behave like they are already the winners, maybe my view is a little bit biased

Tehy will show the matches live in my country so I should see them all, except the first friday's single because it starts about 12.30 and my school finishes 15.00
As i said, if Jiri was there, it will be even better!! We don't have Shanghai Open anymore, so don't know how long I can see Jiri once more :sad:

I remember last time against Argentina, Czech's doubles team are Zib & Hernych. Jiri is also good at doubles, but don't think he will play it since the injury.

And thanks for the information, I will be appreciated for the translation if you have the time. :worship: :hug:

Papakori
09-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Jiri is not playing :crying2:

novanora
09-24-2005, 02:48 AM
Jiri is not playing :crying2:
yes, think he feel his injury can't allow him to fight for a best of 5 match, so he give the chance to other Czechs, will be better for Czech team to beat the Germans :) I think it's a wise decision and I am glad Tomas won the 1st match for Czech.

novanora
09-24-2005, 02:49 AM
Have a good rest, Jiri. Hope you to see you on the court soon :hug:

Papakori
09-24-2005, 06:56 AM
yes, have a good rest Jiri :hug:

Well done for Tomas winning his match

novanora
09-26-2005, 01:07 PM
It's too sad to see Czech lost to Germany finally :sad:
Lenka :hug:

novanora
09-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Gambillfan, I love your avvie :hearts:

Papakori
09-26-2005, 03:33 PM
thanks Novanora :) :hug:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-27-2005, 07:40 PM
:sad:

Lenka
09-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Hey everyone!!!

First I must apologize to all of you that I didn't let you know what is going on with the Davis Cup matches and everything around it. I spent the whole Thursday (last week) in my bed sleeping because of the flu and on Friday I found out that my internet is not working. I was very angry about my computer but it wasn't going to work again, today came a friend to repair it and I'm again online. On the other hand, I was ill so I could watch the whole matches in tv otherwise i would spent that time in the school.

nice to talk to you again

Jiri decided to not play because he thought he couldn't play 100% so he gave the opportunity to younger players. He was there all the time and supported the team and also commented a little bit, for the German tv there was Boris Becker to comment the live matches.

My feelings during the weekend were really emotional because on Friday Tomas won the first single and Tomas Z. lost. And as was said the team expected the oposite results...Tomas to lost and Tomas Z. to win with Kiefer. Tomas showed an amazing performance although it took five sets, I must took off my hat to him because it was a fantastic match
On Saturday it was set that the doubles will play the doubles pair Cermak and Friedl who played together a lot this year. It is a true that I expected them to win but I saw they played really well but the opponents also, and in the end just decided a few balls for the Germans. I think it was very equal match. You could see how much they were disappointed right after the match but after all it was their Davis Cup premiere and they were nervous in front of the home crowd. But again great job!
On Sunday we had to win both singles to stay alive and after Tomas's wonderful victory over Kiefer I really had a little hope. To be honest the beginning of the second match, the first set and partly the second set were amazing to watch but then Tomas Z. lost his confidence and wasn't so focused as at the beginning and Tommy Haas improved a lot. And the end was only sad and we dropped out from the World Group
I was really very sad

novanora
09-29-2005, 04:33 PM
Hi Lenka~~~!! finally we see you again! :D I hope your illness is nothing serious, and you will be recovered completely soon :hug:

I am sorry for Jiri and Czech team. But do think Jiri made a wise choice even his country men didn't make it, Czech played a great tie, especially Tomas B. I believe if give them more time, Czech team will be much improved coz they do have the potential, and we can see them again in world group, a big threat to all other teams :D

So, don't be too sad Lenka~ trust your team :hug:

Lenka
09-29-2005, 04:45 PM
thanks :hug: I am healthy now so nothing serious, just the weather here changes very often and a lot of people are ill now

I believe them and will forever :) they will play against Morocco next year and hopfully we will come back to the world group :banana:

novanora
09-30-2005, 08:52 AM
It's good to know you are alright :D take care of yourself. :hug:

I like Morocco also :sad:, but since Arazi & El Aynaoui goes down, I think Czech will beat them. Jiri will also be happy to see their team back to World group :D

Lenka
10-03-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry if you like Moroccan players :hug: Jiri is exactly the player who enjoys Davis Cup very very much and he plays always very good in the team competitions, I hope he will be soon ok, I still can't forget his face ... when in Liberec he was disappointed by the low percentage of the czech audience and I felt soooo badly because of him, he so took care of the team althouhg he didn't play, he supported them from the player's boxes and cheered and clapped and he was soo happy when our team gained a point :sad: it is easy to love him :hug: he is The Man :worship:

novanora
10-07-2005, 03:11 AM
hey lenka, I will definitely support Czech especially Jiri when the team play against Morocco (though I like Morocco also as I said :p ) I am sooo sorry to see he is sad about the few spectators, and I can understand his feeling :sad: it must be a very sad moment when he cheered for his team as one of those few people group. Maybe Czech should publize their tennis more, to let their people know they have how good players who not only play tennis very well but also own a great patriotic heart. :worship: