Watching on TV, this place looks empty [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Watching on TV, this place looks empty

tennisphan
09-18-2005, 12:44 AM
I have been watching the China Open on The Tennis Channel for the last couple of days, and cant help to notice the lack of people there.

How come there is such poor atendence at this event?

I thought tennis was getting HUGE in Asia...

Someone on MTF must have an explaination for this...

linus
09-18-2005, 02:30 AM
yes, you are right, so few ppl on the stand, even me thinks it is not normal esp for semifinal though now i am not sure of tonight :eek:

well, if allows me to say sthg, i would like to out my ideas

first, tennis is turning hot in Asia which is very correct, but not really very popular in ppl, there are more young guys learning it and playing it, but you know, during this week, we all start our new term in September, so many ppl couldnt go to the court to watch, for example, me is so :( there are many foreigners in Beijing of course and they enjoy tennis also, the price for the tickets is low in my eyes, but the courts are too far to the center of the city, we all know that the heavy traffic is famous in Beijing :eek: i think it is very pity indeed

second, the offical needs to make their work better, you have seen it? their site, their livescore nearly make all of us here mad, if it didnt make me disappointed, why not fly to Beijing this weekend? but of course i wouldnt like to now, coz it is not good in my minds, and this tournament is in China, but our Chinese could just watch some matches for live which is too cruel for us, i like our tournament of course, but not satisfied with it, and it has so much to improve which needs more time.

3rd, there are many young guys/gals for it, i know, but maybe many of them just for their favs such as JC, Guillermo, they need autographs, pix and so on, the passions is hot of course :lol: which doesnt mean that they all want to go on the stand. so some reports said that more young guys than adults and the old watching there.

but take it easy, dear, everything would turn nicer with the time, i think tonight would better :lol:

wish our Shanghai TMC all right, coz i know its ticket-sale is so good, wish you happy then :angel:

bad gambler
09-18-2005, 02:31 AM
will you be going to the shanghai TMS linus?

linus
09-18-2005, 03:01 AM
oh, dear, of course, i am in Shanghai, i am a Shanghainese :lol:

and dad has arranged good seats for my mum, my cousin sister& bros and me then we will go to 旗忠网球中心 (Qizhong Tennis Courts)in families :lol: we all like tennis matches on the real court, maybe just my mum and i enjoy tennis guys as well :lol:

i am not sure whether i would go there during practice time coz i dont know besides roger, rafa, marat (this guy i love is so ... ?_?) and so on, whether kolya would come, if kolya comes, i will no doubt go there coz though he is so low-key, i like him so much and would like to give him more supports, this Beijing tournament, i feel pity with Misha, i like him but seems not very many ppl give him warmth, last year, we can say we love Marat more, i wont see the same thing happens to kolya, if kolya not come, maybe i wouldnt go there every day coz i need to study well first, in fact, i am not very interested in autographs and pix, but if some of you like and i have time, i would like to do it for you, and i think dont worry, there are so many guys in Shanghai would like to do that :lol: coz so many so many mates around me have get ready for it including off-class which in fact is so dangerous :haha:

iloveupeterpan
09-19-2005, 07:26 AM
oh, dear, of course, i am in Shanghai, i am a Shanghainese :lol:

and dad has arranged good seats for my mum, my cousin sister& bros and me then we will go to 旗忠网球中心 (Qizhong Tennis Courts)in families :lol: we all like tennis matches on the real court, maybe just my mum and i enjoy tennis guys as well :lol:

i am not sure whether i would go there during practice time coz i dont know besides roger, rafa, marat (this guy i love is so ... ?_?) and so on, whether kolya would come, if kolya comes, i will no doubt go there coz though he is so low-key, i like him so much and would like to give him more supports, this Beijing tournament, i feel pity with Misha, i like him but seems not very many ppl give him warmth, last year, we can say we love Marat more, i wont see the same thing happens to kolya, if kolya not come, maybe i wouldnt go there every day coz i need to study well first, in fact, i am not very interested in autographs and pix, but if some of you like and i have time, i would like to do it for you, and i think dont worry, there are so many guys in Shanghai would like to do that :lol: coz so many so many mates around me have get ready for it including off-class which in fact is so dangerous :haha:

My grandmother is a Shanghainese too but she has already moved to Hong Kong for many years. My family now live in Hong Kong. But I also want to go to Shanghai and see the matches. But unluckily i think i am not allowed to do so. so sad.... :mad:

novanora
09-20-2005, 02:24 PM
I am just back from Beijing (after watching live China Open). I do think it's not strange to see not many people to watch live tennis there. Tennis is still not a popular sports here, and many many people know very little about it. Some of them go to watch one to two matches just for curiocity. This sports is more popular in young peoples, but many of them are only students, and they can't afford the tickets (and the travelling fee if they don't live in Beijing, China is too big....and it's too inconvenient for us to move from one city to another.). Those ones who can afford tickets haven't interest in this sports. And very few people will choose to spare their holidays for watching tennis matches instead of working and studying in school, so there are not many ones watch the day session. Night session and weekends are much better actually.

Besides, the tourney organizor should do better in the propaganda. I can't believe the tourney official website hadn't been finished untill two weeks before the tourney took place. I believe there will be more people to watch live tennis year by year, but it still depends on many other factors.

novanora
09-20-2005, 02:33 PM
yes, you are right, so few ppl on the stand, even me thinks it is not normal esp for semifinal though now i am not sure of tonight :eek:

well, if allows me to say sthg, i would like to out my ideas

first, tennis is turning hot in Asia which is very correct, but not really very popular in ppl, there are more young guys learning it and playing it, but you know, during this week, we all start our new term in September, so many ppl couldnt go to the court to watch, for example, me is so :( there are many foreigners in Beijing of course and they enjoy tennis also, the price for the tickets is low in my eyes, but the courts are too far to the center of the city, we all know that the heavy traffic is famous in Beijing :eek: i think it is very pity indeed

second, the offical needs to make their work better, you have seen it? their site, their livescore nearly make all of us here mad, if it didnt make me disappointed, why not fly to Beijing this weekend? but of course i wouldnt like to now, coz it is not good in my minds, and this tournament is in China, but our Chinese could just watch some matches for live which is too cruel for us, i like our tournament of course, but not satisfied with it, and it has so much to improve which needs more time.

3rd, there are many young guys/gals for it, i know, but maybe many of them just for their favs such as JC, Guillermo, they need autographs, pix and so on, the passions is hot of course :lol: which doesnt mean that they all want to go on the stand. so some reports said that more young guys than adults and the old watching there.

but take it easy, dear, everything would turn nicer with the time, i think tonight would better :lol:

wish our Shanghai TMC all right, coz i know its ticket-sale is so good, wish you happy then :angel:
China Open organization this year is much better than last year. You should take a chance to watch it first, and then comment it later. I don't know where you think dissatisfied besides the website. For myself, I am really satisfied with it, of course we shouldn't ask for too much from a tourney which only has two years history. Yes, it still has much to improve, but it is already not too bad for a new born tourney. I normally escape school to watch live tennis in Shanghai (The Heneiken Shanghai Open) :o and i found it really worth.

roby
09-23-2005, 04:49 PM
To be honest Shanghai has a much better organizer than Beijing.