NFL - Week 2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

NFL - Week 2

bad gambler
09-16-2005, 03:49 AM
So far just playing the following:

Pats to cover -3 v Panthers - $1.90 (6 units)

Philly to cover -13.5 v 49ers - $1.90 (3 units)

good luck

coreyschucky
09-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Good Luck BG!!!! :yeah:

NFL YTD: 3-2 (+.7 units)
5* 0-0 (Even)
4* 0-0 (Even)
3* 0-0 (Even)
2* 0-0 (Even)
1* 3-2 (+.7 units)

Sunday

1* Baltimore Ravens (-3) (-120) Over Tennessee Titans - Bought 1/2 pt

Even without Boller under center I feel Wright can do the job against a weak Titans team. You'll see the Ravens pound away with Jamal Lewis in this one. Defenesively we all know what the Ravens bring and I think they'll be able to shut down the suspect offense of the Titans. In the first game of the season the Titans had a rough time on the ground and it won't get any easier in this game. If Boller was playing you would see this line at around 7 if not higher. Even without him I still think the Ravens will win this game.

1* Detroit Lions (-1) (-110) Over Chicago Bears

Going with the Lions in this one cause I just can't see the Bears offense producing much. Lions did a solid enough job on both sides of the ball in a Week 1 win over GB that makes me feel they can repeat it this week. The biggest improvement for the Lions was the play of there offensive line against the Packers. They gave Harrington time to make plays and if they can repeat that in this game I think you'll see him use the abundance of weapons he has to put some serious pts on the board. This one might be close but the Lions pull this one out.

1* Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-2) (-120) Over Buffalo Bills - Bought 1/2 pt

Generally speaking this would be a game I would leave alone but I was extremely impressed with the Bucs win in Week 1. What I was more impressed about was the play of Cadillac Williams. Although he'll have a tougher time going against one of the better defenses, I think he'll be able to provide enough give that it should help Griese out in opening up the passing game. As for the Bills they had a solid week 1 win over Houston. Losman was ok in his first ever NFL start but he'll face a tough D in this game and it will be extremely difficult for him to move the ball downfield. This will be a battle but the home field factor I think will play a big part just like it did in Week 1 and I feel the Bucs will take this one.

1* New England Patriots (-3) (-110) Over Carolina Panthers

With the loss of Kris Jenkins I would expect New England to run Dillon all day and then open up the pass on Carolina's D. Just think New England continues to roll in this one.

1* San Diego Chargers (+3) (-120) Over Denver Broncos - Bought 1/2 pt

I'm looking for San Diego to open up the offense in this game. I was extremely unimpressed with the Broncos after Week 1 and although you can't judge teams after week 1 I think the Broncos are going to be in for a rough season. I look for Tomlinson to have a huge day and for Brees to find Gates and McCardell often.

1* Oakland Raiders (PK) (-110) Over Kansas City Chiefs

Rivalry game as these two teams hate each other. Should be an offensive battle in this one. Chiefs had a good win in week 1 although the Jets were as bad as a team could be. Oakland played well for awhile against the Patriots but in the end the Pats were the better team. Just think at home and on Sunday night the Raiders will edge this one out. Oakland features more weapons on offense and I Collins should have a better game in this one.

Good Luck to All!!!!

SadrieL
09-16-2005, 09:02 PM

Careful mate, McNabb got injured against the Falcons which is why he played like absolute shite.

flmmkrz
09-16-2005, 11:59 PM
I'm gonna keep an ongoing nfl record as well. Each unit is 500 and my max play is 6 units.

NFL YTD: 2-2 after an odd first week of ball im still up 320 or +.64 units.

6* 0-0
5* 1-0
4* 0-0
3* 0-1
2* 0-0
1* 1-1

For this week:

I'm also on Baltimore and buying the point for the -3. 3 Unit play (-120)

Wright may actually have the stronger arm of the 2 baltimore qbs and should be able to with the reps this week get the ball to his capable wide outs when Jamal isnt ramming the ball down titan throats. I love Mcnair but this teams in shambles.

Call me a glutton for punishment but im back on my hawks this week for a unit -110 vs ATL

Hawk defence showed me some guts last week, Taylors a better back then Dunn and vicks not the passer Leftwich is nor does Atl have the wideouts that Jax did. Hasselback and the offence were in sinc for the first half then fell apart but the d was the question mark to me. The Hawk d is quick and matches up well against the falcons. I also feel the hawk offensive line will step it up to neutralize a strong pass rush from Atl. Big game from Hass and Holmy owns the falcons. 24-17 hawks.

STL/ ZONA over 43.5 2 units - 110

Both have terrible defences, both have big play recievers and qbs who can throw the ball. After last weeks debacle you know Martz is gonna want to put the boots to arizona and he knows he cant win a squeaker with his d so this ones gonna have to be a shoot out. Green is also forced to play Shipp instead of the better back arrington due to warner needing more protection so you wont see a lot of running to run out the clock by az as the runs will be sniffed out quickly.

San Diego + 3 (- 105) 3 units

As I said last week, when gates is out this SD team isnt the same and they become average. Hes back. McCardell stepped up last week and you know LT is game. Plummer licks, smith is old, and who the hells running the ball for Denver now? is it Shannahan himself? This ones over before it began. Course on Sunday im sure they'll make me look stupidbut right now i'm liking SD.

1 unit on the Saints ml +155 over the Giants

Simply put any team in the league woulda shyt kicked az last week and the saints beat up on a tough Carolina team. They've always been talented now they seem to be playing with some heart too. This wins going to the relief fund if they pull it out :)

flmmkrz
09-17-2005, 12:05 AM
So far just playing the following:

Pats to cover -3 v Panthers - $1.90 (6 units)

good luck

good luck but I agree with Sad, Mcnabbs injury makes this a question mark and the 49er linebackers that I mentioned last week were every bit as good as advertised and made pace and co look like complete chumps, and they're a very good offensive line. If Donovans not moving well it could be a rough day for him. That being said I dont see the 49ers scoring that much.

flmmkrz
09-17-2005, 12:11 AM
Good Luck BG!!!! :yeah:

NFL YTD: 3-2 (+.7 units)
5* 0-0 (Even)
4* 0-0 (Even)
3* 0-0 (Even)
2* 0-0 (Even)
1* 3-2 (+.7 units)

Sunday

1* Baltimore Ravens (-3) (-120) Over Tennessee Titans - Bought 1/2 pt

Even without Boller under center I feel Wright can do the job against a weak Titans team. You'll see the Ravens pound away with Jamal Lewis in this one. Defenesively we all know what the Ravens bring and I think they'll be able to shut down the suspect offense of the Titans. In the first game of the season the Titans had a rough time on the ground and it won't get any easier in this game. If Boller was playing you would see this line at around 7 if not higher. Even without him I still think the Ravens will win this game.

1* Detroit Lions (-1) (-110) Over Chicago Bears

Going with the Lions in this one cause I just can't see the Bears offense producing much. Lions did a solid enough job on both sides of the ball in a Week 1 win over GB that makes me feel they can repeat it this week. The biggest improvement for the Lions was the play of there offensive line against the Packers. They gave Harrington time to make plays and if they can repeat that in this game I think you'll see him use the abundance of weapons he has to put some serious pts on the board. This one might be close but the Lions pull this one out.

1* Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-2) (-120) Over Buffalo Bills - Bought 1/2 pt

Generally speaking this would be a game I would leave alone but I was extremely impressed with the Bucs win in Week 1. What I was more impressed about was the play of Cadillac Williams. Although he'll have a tougher time going against one of the better defenses, I think he'll be able to provide enough give that it should help Griese out in opening up the passing game. As for the Bills they had a solid week 1 win over Houston. Losman was ok in his first ever NFL start but he'll face a tough D in this game and it will be extremely difficult for him to move the ball downfield. This will be a battle but the home field factor I think will play a big part just like it did in Week 1 and I feel the Bucs will take this one.

1* New England Patriots (-3) (-110) Over Carolina Panthers

With the loss of Kris Jenkins I would expect New England to run Dillon all day and then open up the pass on Carolina's D. Just think New England continues to roll in this one.

1* San Diego Chargers (+3) (-120) Over Denver Broncos - Bought 1/2 pt

I'm looking for San Diego to open up the offense in this game. I was extremely unimpressed with the Broncos after Week 1 and although you can't judge teams after week 1 I think the Broncos are going to be in for a rough season. I look for Tomlinson to have a huge day and for Brees to find Gates and McCardell often.

1* Oakland Raiders (PK) (-110) Over Kansas City Chiefs

Rivalry game as these two teams hate each other. Should be an offensive battle in this one. Chiefs had a good win in week 1 although the Jets were as bad as a team could be. Oakland played well for awhile against the Patriots but in the end the Pats were the better team. Just think at home and on Sunday night the Raiders will edge this one out. Oakland features more weapons on offense and I Collins should have a better game in this one.

Good Luck to All!!!!

GL :wavey:

lions game and bills game scared me off. I actually like the chi in the first and cant decide in the 2nd

The bears have the better d and should be able to open up the passing zones by getting some rushing yards against a weaker run stop team. Detroits win against a feeble team last week just didnt do much for me but both are pick ems to me so i'll root for your picks.

flmmkrz
09-18-2005, 04:28 AM
Added a last minute upset of the week play...

am 1 for 1 on my upset picks so lets see if we can keep it going, I like the Jags to take out Indy ml :eek:

4.3 to 1 odds

I like the Jags d and they showed me they can move the ball against Seattle and past history indicates Peyton gets into a bit of trouble against Jax, half a unit play but at the odds a nice potential pay off. Gl everyone.

SwiSha
09-18-2005, 02:07 PM
parlay

Green Bay
Philly
Baltimore
N.Y.Jets

bad gambler
09-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Scrapping my philly bet, thanks guys for the heads up on McNabb, I didn't think it was serious

Lions to beat Bears - $1.90 (5 units)

good luck

flmmkrz
09-18-2005, 05:17 PM
scrapped the seattle bet, was planning on riding them as I thought they'd be the early dog but as the favorites theres not enough points to make the play for me and couldnt bring myself to bet against them as I know they'll win :) but the values with ATL. Also off the Saints, my research just doesnt give me the good vibes here tho im pullin for the saints.

So finalized plays:

Chargers ml and +3 , 3 units ml and 3 units with the spread
AZ/STL over 43.5 , 2 units
STL ml 2 units
Jax ml .5 unit
Baltimore -3.5 ( scrapped the half point as I see a clear cut win ) 3 units

flmmkrz
09-18-2005, 08:02 PM
scrapped the seattle bet, was planning on riding them as I thought they'd be the early dog but as the favorites theres not enough points to make the play for me and couldnt bring myself to bet against them as I know they'll win :) but the values with ATL. Also off the Saints, my research just doesnt give me the good vibes here tho im pullin for the saints.

So finalized plays:

Chargers ml and +3 , 3 units ml and 3 units with the spread
AZ/STL over 43.5 , 2 units
STL ml 2 units
Jax ml .5 unit
Baltimore -3.5 ( scrapped the half point as I see a clear cut win ) 3 units

baltimore couldnt have looked any worse out there, I hedged at half time on the titans to eat up a chunk of my losses but still down on that game by about a unit now if the score holds up. Jax looks like a loss too but not a big shock there but jax played them tough got greedy with the ml the spread bet woulda won and my upset pick would've come off. Ugh

oh well late games now lets go stl and chargers

Bolar Bolabi
09-18-2005, 08:10 PM
Damn. The Pats lost. Hmmm! I had money on them too. Hmmmm! The curse struck again?

bad gambler
09-18-2005, 09:54 PM
both lions and pats go down, bets lost :sad:

bad gambler
09-18-2005, 09:56 PM
anyone know whether johnson is playing for the chiefs in the sunday night game???

i feel a chase coming on :p

bad gambler
09-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Raiders to beat Chiefs - $1.90 (7 units)

I worried I'm placing faith on the Raiders secondary :unsure:

good luck, I will need it!

flmmkrz
09-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Raiders to beat Chiefs - $1.90 (7 units)

I worried I'm placing faith on the Raiders secondary :unsure:

good luck, I will need it!

ugly games today, good luck bg. I'm leaning on kc if anything even with the offensive line losses the d is just too solid and the offence to explosive. But no play for me

flmmkrz
09-18-2005, 11:20 PM
good god ron daynes been a useless piece of crap ever since he got into the league and he chooses today at the end with the game on the line to turn it on, breaking 10 yard runs every touch to kill sd. STL wins ml but not the over.

So for the day a dismal

1 win 4 losses

im gettin tempted to chase too lol

bad gambler
09-18-2005, 11:43 PM
After a few hail mary's I'm adding the following:

OVERS 53.5 Raiders v Chiefs - $1.90 (3 units)

Lets go raiders and points!!!!

its.like.that
09-19-2005, 12:12 AM
:sad:

seems like everyone got absolutely rolled in here.

its.like.that
09-19-2005, 03:42 AM
After a few hail mary's I'm adding the following:

OVERS 53.5 Raiders v Chiefs - $1.90 (3 units)

Lets go raiders and points!!!!

BG - why do you go against me :sad: ?

first west coast, and now this - 2 bets you could have easily won. and if you had told me that you liked Oakland, I would have told you to look at KC's recent record against them.

:sobbing:

bad gambler
09-19-2005, 04:10 AM
FT

Chiefs win 23-17

Bets lost - that seals the deal, no more nfl for me for a while

SadrieL
09-19-2005, 11:59 AM
Keep the faith BG, lots of money to be won in the NFL. Definitely should've taken Chiefs today, they have a great record over the Raiders and they're playing so well right now. Raiders could've won it at the end of the game... but you can always rely on the Raiders to mess up in those kind of situations.

Tomorrow's games seem a bit tricky.

Giants have won 3 of the last 4 against the Saints, but Saints won the last game by a whopping 45-7. Both coaches are 1-1 against the other team. This is essentially a road team for both games, so there's no home advantage, but the Saints coach Haslett has the second best road record, second to Andy Reid (Eagle's coach). If you're going to look at each team's last game, then the Saints road win over the Panthers is a lot more impressive than the Giants home win over the shitty Cardinals. Especially when you consider this week's results, where the Panthers beat the Patriots and Cardinals looked like complete shit against the Rams. The only reason I can see the Giants being favoured here is because of Giants QB Eli Manning... stupid reason. I'd take the Saints here.

Cowboys have won the last 4 against the Redskins, and if they win, they will tie Miami with the most wins on a Monday night. Cowboys coach has a 15-8 record against the Skins, Skins coach is 12-14 against the Cowboys. Last game performances... Skins home win over the Bears (9 - 7), Cowboys road win over the Chargers... Cowboys a lot more impressive there. Will Dallas win by more than 6 though? Skins only scored a whopping 9 points last game, so... probably!

I'm not betting on either game though. I'm most confident in Dallas winning, but I don't normally bet on spreads larger than 3 unless it's a high scoring team like the Colts.

coreyschucky
09-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Horrible day. I guess it could have been worse if TB had lost.

Update: 1-5 (-4.7 units)

Monday

1* Dallas Cowboys (-5) (-120) Over Washington Redskins - Bought 1/2 pt

Good Luck to All!!!!

flmmkrz
09-19-2005, 05:23 PM
most punters struck out the last couple weeks bg dont be so quick to write off the nfl, there is money to be made and lots of it. The first 2 weeks have been interesting with quite a few upsets but by week 3-4 you get a pretty good idea at what the teams are about.

As for tonight:

I'm back on New Orleans for a unit tonight:

Eli threw the ball terribly against a weak zona team and warner was able to get plenty of yards through the air but virtually nothing on the ground. Deuce should be able to free up the air attack for the saints which I think will lead to a few scores. Unless Eli proves he can throw consistantly the Saints will be free to come after tiki. Last weeks win for NY made them look better than they are imo. I see the game as 50-50 but with odds of 2.7 on ml for the Saints thats value.

Re: Dallas, washington has absolutely nothing on offence that would scare the boys. The only way washington scores is Bledsoe throws picks that come back for scores. But these are the gimme games I have been gettin killed on all weekend so im sittin this one out and watching the rout.

its.like.that
09-19-2005, 08:05 PM
under 35.5, Washington v Dallas

the Redskins defence will lock this one up.

flmmkrz
09-19-2005, 11:50 PM

Seems the smart play but something about this game has me thinking 28-10 final for the over. But im off this game so gl

flmmkrz
09-20-2005, 03:52 AM
most punters struck out the last couple weeks bg dont be so quick to write off the nfl, there is money to be made and lots of it. The first 2 weeks have been interesting with quite a few upsets but by week 3-4 you get a pretty good idea at what the teams are about.

As for tonight:

I'm back on New Orleans for a unit tonight:

Eli threw the ball terribly against a weak zona team and warner was able to get plenty of yards through the air but virtually nothing on the ground. Deuce should be able to free up the air attack for the saints which I think will lead to a few scores. Unless Eli proves he can throw consistantly the Saints will be free to come after tiki. Last weeks win for NY made them look better than they are imo. I see the game as 50-50 but with odds of 2.7 on ml for the Saints thats value.

Re: Dallas, washington has absolutely nothing on offence that would scare the boys. The only way washington scores is Bledsoe throws picks that come back for scores. But these are the gimme games I have been gettin killed on all weekend so im sittin this one out and watching the rout.

theres just no winning for me this week, my sure fire picks all missing on sunday so I lay off my dallas sure fire pick and they seem to be cruising but new orleans tanks. On the plus side nailed a big baseball pick that cleared out today and part of yesterday :)

its.like.that
09-20-2005, 04:47 AM

winners are grinners.

:D

flmmkrz
09-20-2005, 04:50 PM
see I had some common sense, dallas found a way to lose it and I was sittin happy knowing that I had no stake in it.

its.like.that
09-20-2005, 08:04 PM
see I had some common sense, dallas found a way to lose it and I was sittin happy knowing that I had no stake in it.

unders was easy cash my friend

;)

flmmkrz
09-21-2005, 12:28 AM
unders was easy cash my friend

;)

so was dallas ml :eek:

at least it was supposed to be. A bad week of football betting so I made the smart play for me laying off. Nice win tho.