question about driving schools [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

question about driving schools

RogerRocks
09-15-2005, 05:54 PM
ummm hi :wavey:

I'm currently planning to get my drivers license. What do you think is the most recommendable car to do the practical lessons with.

any tips which cars are comfortably easy to handle? :angel:

its.like.that
09-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Well, the latest Ferrari Modena is a bit rough when going around corners, but otherwise a sound car. The Koenigg F-50 is a nice all round ride, or if you're looking for an ultra lightweight contender, have a look at the Lotus Range.

But my personal favourite is the Super Sport 1100, 1971 model Skoda.

The Big Boss is the MTF car-dealer, send him a PM.

Hope this helps :wavey:.

Nikki♥
09-15-2005, 06:08 PM
The car I learned driving with was an Opel Vectra, it was a nice car. After I had gotten my license I even asked my teacher if I could have it but he said no. :sad: By now he has sold it and has bought a brand new Mercedes. Exactly the one that I'm getting in November. I wonder what it's like to do practical lessons with this car...
Actually every car is comfortable in its own way, you have to find out which one's best for you plus, you usually have to stick with the car that your driving teacher has.

Nikki♥
09-15-2005, 06:09 PM
Well, the latest Ferrari Modena is a bit rough when going around corners, but otherwise a sound car. The Koenigg F-50 is a nice all round ride, or if you're looking for an ultra lightweight contender, have a look at the Lotus Range.

The Big Boss is the MTF car-dealer, send him a PM.

Hope this helps :wavey:.

Tutto italiano shitti car. Get a Mercedes. Or if you are, like, very rich get a Maybach.

alfonsojose
09-15-2005, 06:10 PM
i'm 30 years old and i don't know how to drive :rolleyes: :sad: :o

Nikki♥
09-15-2005, 06:14 PM

:hug:

Maybe you find a gorgeous guy who is willing to take you for a ride in his beautiful sportscar.

Lee
09-15-2005, 06:15 PM

:hug: There are many people don't know how to dry in their whole life. If I'm still living in Hong Kong, I doubt I will know how. ;)

Lee
09-15-2005, 06:17 PM
And to answer the thread, where do you live, RogerRocks? I may recommend a Hummer but not sure it's available or not.

With a Hummer, you can mow down everything on the street without a scratch ;)

cobalt60
09-15-2005, 06:33 PM
And to answer the thread, where do you live, RogerRocks? I may recommend a Hummer but not sure it's available or not.

Except when you need to learn how to parallel park :D

RogerRocks
09-15-2005, 06:35 PM

:haha: no I've never seen a Hummer in germany. You think they're available in US driving schools? I think they're really ugly :o

Angle Queen
09-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Serious, RR...I encourage you to learn to drive in a manual transmission/straight-shift. I know things are a bit in Germany (I'm presuming that's where you are) than here...most driver's education is taught in the high schools (for free...and sadly only in automatics).

Just remember, easy on both the brakes and gas...and you'll be fine.

Good luck!

Lee
09-15-2005, 07:34 PM
Except when you need to learn how to parallel park :D

Parallel park is a total different set of technique, so RR can learn using another car, like a Mini ;) :angel:

RogerRocks
09-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Serious, RR...I encourage you to learn to drive in a manual transmission/straight-shift. I know things are a bit in Germany (I'm presuming that's where you are) than here...most driver's education is taught in the high schools (for free...and sadly only in automatics).

Just remember, easy on both the brakes and gas...and you'll be fine.

Good luck!

thanks, yes I guess I will learn in a manual car. Actually I was told that's more fun.

I was just comparing different offers today and it seems to be impossible to get the whole thing done for less than 1,000 € here :mad:

Suzi
09-15-2005, 10:04 PM
I have a vauxhall Corsa which is ok and my driving instructors car is a renault clio but what do i know i failed twice!!! :p

it depends on the individual i suppose

alelysafina
09-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Depends on whether or not you'll willing to spend big bucks, if not, there are pleanty of affordable cars out there.

Lucie
09-15-2005, 10:43 PM
i failed for the first time on monday :( , wasn't too bad bad though, my little car is a nissan micra - looks awaful, but i love it & it is sooo easy to drive in

RogerRocks
09-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Depends on whether or not you'll willing to spend big bucks, if not, there are pleanty of affordable cars out there.

I'm not sure if I get what u mean. I was only talking about the driving school, not about buying a car. There won't be a big price difference between learning in a BMW or in a Peugoet

alelysafina
09-16-2005, 12:35 AM
I'm not sure if I get what u mean. I was only talking about the driving school, not about buying a car. There won't be a big price difference between learning in a BMW or in a Peugoet
oops sorry :o

joeb_uk
09-16-2005, 05:59 PM
I have to start learning to drive sometime, but my butt problems are preventing me from doing so! And i have had the same problem for two summers, so it has put pay to that!

I did go out a few times in my dads car with him, but i crashed into a wall and wrote the car off :help: also knocked the wall down :D Luckily we were both ok because i was only going about 10 miles per hour trying to turn round :lol: But i havent been in a car since that awful day :eek:

JuchuPati
09-16-2005, 08:41 PM
ummm hi :wavey:

I'm currently planning to get my drivers license. What do you think is the most recommendable car to do the practical lessons with.

any tips which cars are comfortably easy to handle? :angel:

ummm hi! :wavey:

are you a small girl?? if so, I guess it doesn't be so comfortable to drive a super huge car... ;)

but if u are tall, I think it won't matter at all :p

Lizan
09-16-2005, 09:55 PM
thanks, yes I guess I will learn in a manual car. Actually I was told that's more fun.

I was just comparing different offers today and it seems to be impossible to get the whole thing done for less than 1,000 € here :mad:

Oooh I know, it cost me a fortune, its so expensive here too (netherlands, a little more than 1,000 euros :rolleyes: ).. But its worth it :)..

LOL and about the car, as long as it drives, its good enough :).. Doesnt really matter what car it is, a drivers school will checked on every once in a while if everything they do is correct, at least if its not an illegal school or anything lol.. hehe but I understand you wanna drive a comfortable car :)

RogerRocks
09-17-2005, 02:06 PM
ummm hi! :wavey:

are you a small girl?? if so, I guess it doesn't be so comfortable to drive a super huge car... ;)

but if u are tall, I think it won't matter at all :p

yes I am a very tall boy :p

I guess you people are right. I will take whatever car I get. A nice golf would be cool, I think :)

Neely
09-17-2005, 03:53 PM
:haha: no I've never seen a Hummer in germany. You think they're available in US driving schools? I think they're really ugly :o
Why should you see a car that eats 40 liters per 100km on German streets :lol:

Lee
09-17-2005, 11:09 PM

Well, you can find them plenty on the streets of America cities. :lol:

RogerRocks
09-18-2005, 12:12 PM

are they allowed to drive a Hummer in germany? Obviously Germany is by far more sensitive about ecological issues than the USA, so I could imagine it's not easy to get a permission for it.

Nikki♥
09-18-2005, 12:26 PM
are they allowed to drive a Hummer in germany? Obviously Germany is by far more sensitive about ecological issues than the USA, so I could imagine it's not easy to get a permission for it.

I have already seen a Hummer in Germany. In my little village it'd be impossible to drive a Hummer because the streets are too narrow.

sigmagirl91
09-18-2005, 12:33 PM
I drive a Honda. I'm glad for the fact that my car is a low-emission vehicle-good especially if you live or work at a place where emission levels are checked to make sure pollution problems are kept at a minimum.

RogerRocks
10-25-2005, 05:53 PM
finally I had my first lesson today. I got a Mercedes A class. I love it so much :hearts: my teacher said I am rather wild. I think his most used words today were "a little slower, please" :D. It's so much fun to drive. My next lesson is in 2 days. Then he will teach me to look into the mirrors :D

El Legenda
10-25-2005, 05:58 PM
Nissan Pathfinder is best car ever :lol:

Lee
10-25-2005, 06:02 PM
finally I had my first lesson today. I got a Mercedes A class. I love it so much :hearts: my teacher said I am rather wild. I think his most used words today were "a little slower, please" :D. It's so much fun to drive. My next lesson is in 2 days. Then he will teach me to look into the mirrors :D

Your driving teaching is going to call his insurance agent and ask about life insurance :devil: ;)

RogerRocks
10-25-2005, 06:11 PM
or maybe he'll come up with some american football padded uniform for the next lesson :D . No honestly, I'm being very respectful with my co-passengers. Everyone can sit next to me and I will carry them safely. :angel:

:haha:

RogerRocks
10-25-2005, 06:51 PM
If a radar gun had caught us today. I think it would have look like this

http://tinypic.com/f04z9z.jpg

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Lee
10-25-2005, 06:52 PM

alelysafina
10-25-2005, 07:30 PM
If a radar gun had caught us today. I think it would have look like this

http://tinypic.com/f04z9z.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RogerRocks
10-30-2005, 05:57 PM
I had my 2nd lesson last thursday. It was cool. we went up to 100kmh :D .
I did parralel and backwards parking and so on. I think it worked well. Only I choked the car twice when I accidentally changed from the 1st gear directly to the 4th :tape:
I have my next lesson on tuesday. I hope we will go on the autobahn :)