New Game Request: SUICIDE TENNIS! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

New Game Request: SUICIDE TENNIS!

tangerine_dream
09-14-2005, 07:26 PM
I don't know where exactly to post this but Gravity suggested I float it around to see if anyone would be interested in playing this so here it is:

I saw this on the si.com site and thought it would make a great addition to the Games section here, and we could bet vcash on it too which would make it even more fun. :D

Basically, you chose a player every day who you think will advance. The catch: You can only use each player once. So if you'd picked, say, Kim Clijsters, in day one, you'd be in trouble.

Here's the "official" description from the original site:

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/TAT_...oard=suicideuso

Suicide pools are a very simple concept that test your ability not only to pick a winner, but to project your winner through the ups and downs of a draw. You'll also have to know what players can easily win an early round match for you, but can be counted on (at least by yourself) to falter as you go through the 14 days of a Slam.

For each day of play, you have to pick 1 - yes, just one - winner each for the Men's side and one for the Women's side. That is out of all the matches played that day.

But, once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So you really don't want to pick a Federer to win in early matches.

To survive in the suicide pool, you will have to have gone through 14 successive days of picking a winner. Sure it may sound easy (and probably will be) on the first few days of play - but as you get deeper into the draws, you have to start picking based on not only who you think will win, but who is likely to lose down the road. And remember, if you are still alive come semi-final time, you are not only picking who you think would win a semi, but also who would lose the final, since you could not pick the same player again.

Picks will begin with the release of the Order of Play for Day 1 - you will have until play begins on Day 1 to make your selection. Subsequently, you can pick your Day 2 winner as soon as the Day 2 order of play is announced, and so on.

Denaon
09-14-2005, 07:43 PM
I like it a lot :D, count me in :yeah:

Denaon
09-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Should I post this in the games forum too? :scratch:
yeah, I guess you should ;)

savesthedizzle
09-14-2005, 11:04 PM
I'd probably play. :yeah:

Fergie
09-14-2005, 11:06 PM
Sounds good ... Count me in! :)

Neely
09-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Sounds interesting, Tangy!
I would be a different way of playing :)

nkhera1
09-19-2005, 02:49 AM
I like it tangerine. Count me in.