PAW Rankings - Champions Race or Entry System? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

PAW Rankings - Champions Race or Entry System?

christi
09-14-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm new to PAW (this week was my first tournament), but I studied all these topics and apparently the system used for the PAW Rankings is the one used for the ATP Champions Race. (All players start the year with 0).
Don't you think it would be better to have a 52-week ranking system? The same, with 18 tournaments counting, but to get rid of that pesky 0-points-at-start-of-year rule.
WTAWorld's PAW uses the 52-week ranking system.
Maybe I'm wrong... it was just an idea.
Thx.

Cervantes
09-17-2005, 10:38 AM
You are right, but at the start of the season we didn't really have enough managers, so at first we didn't have a ranking system to start with. Pironkov decided we should at least have some ranking system so he made champions race ranking table with all results counting. Only a couple of weeks ago has this been modified into a best-18 ranking, although still as a race cause I don't have the results from last year in the excel sheet.

For next year I'm planning to go all out and have both a Champions Race and an Entry Ranking, but for now this is all I can do.

Hope this helps :wavey:

kfh_9118
09-17-2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks Cervantes :wavey:

This will be more fun next year with the entry ranking :woohoo:

Glad that this game become more popular now, and more people willing to help ;)

nitsansh
09-17-2005, 09:18 PM
Cervantes :wavey:

Results of all 2004 tournaments is here:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=11664

njnetswill
09-18-2005, 02:00 AM
Is MTF ever going to instill a rule prohibiting brand new memebers from playing PAW? Not a huge concern to me, but this rule would prevent the chance of peoplel creating second accounts to get "2 trys" at tournaments.

christi
09-19-2005, 07:00 AM
I'll also be willing to help, but give me a few more weeks to get more familiar with the game :) As I said, I'm new... :p

Cervantes
09-19-2005, 07:13 AM
Cervantes :wavey:

Results of all 2004 tournaments is here:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=11664

Thanks, but I think I'll wait till next year, cause importing all those results into excel would take a little too much time. Also it's only a couple more weeks so I think the race is just fine for now.