Fuck ESPN!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Fuck ESPN!!!

jenglisbe
08-09-2003, 11:09 PM
There is a live SF going on - but instead of airing that, they are showing a taped match that was already shown today :mad: :mad:

J. Corwin
08-09-2003, 11:13 PM
yea for real. I tuned in and was like wtf?? Are they showing it becuz there's a rain delay or something?? So I checked all the sites and everything seemed to be fine. I came here and now i read this. I tuned in a bit late so yea I thought I missed them saying something.

Just because the 2nd sf has no Americans in it, and just because Roddick won against Federer, they have to do this. However, I still thought ESPN had more decency to show a live match instead of a taped one when they already showed the taped one earlier.

martinatreue
08-09-2003, 11:22 PM
they promised that they would show Schuettler vs Nalbandian and went back on their promise. Screw them. i want LIVE tennis!

jmp
08-09-2003, 11:36 PM
:fiery::fiery: I am more than just a little upset at this stunt. I thought I heard them say they were going to replay Roger/Andy. Then they showed that it was night time. So, I said maybe they just want to talk about it some more and show hightlights. My mind won't let me comprehend this!! I really feel cheated. Do casual fans care enough to watch a TMS on a Saturday night?!! I am soooooo angry! :fiery::fiery:

jenglisbe
08-09-2003, 11:40 PM
They even told us the other SF is going on and said "we will update you." Bastards!!

We can complain to ESPN, of course, but in not watching the tennis in protest, ratings drop, and then tennis suffers...ugh!!

jmp
08-09-2003, 11:58 PM
I'm not watching the match. But, it's not because I'm protesting. I just saw the match four hours ago! When ESPN started doing this repeat of repeat stuff earlier this year, I kept watching. But, that got old quick. I don't want televised tennis to suffer. But, I'm fed up with the poor coverage. We've missed some pretty good matches this year. I want to watch tennis, not commercials dressed up to look like tennis.

liS@
08-10-2003, 06:49 AM
i completely agree... it's absurd how ESPN exploit the "let's-play-a-taped-match-we've-already-shown-this-morning-instead-of-a-perfectly-good-live-match-just-b/c-the-former-includes-an-American-player" move when the media is always talking about "promoting foreign tennis players". believe it or not, not everyone in the States is in love w/ Andy or Andre!! :mad: I'm certainly not going to go watch a match I just saw this morning--instead, me gonna go write a complaint...not that they'll do anything about it... back to my online scoreboard now :sad:

really, i wouldn't be as mad if ESPN had not indeed promised it this morning... i've stood by as they did this repeatedly at the grand slams this yr but this is out of the line!!