I'm going to make some interviews, but I need your help !!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I'm going to make some interviews, but I need your help !!!

Nathaliia
09-12-2005, 06:53 PM
As some of you already know, I'll be working at Szczecin challenger as a reporter for official website. I thought my task would be writing match reports – it's anything difficult.

But today I was informed, they don't want casual stuff like this. They expect from me and the other girl (I don't know this girl but I've already noticed she's their good friend already, so I suppose she'll be taking all the attractive topics which may appear during the tourney) the off-courts! All cliche interviews are forbidden, so I need to know very interesting details from players lives and careers, maybe some extraordinary hobbies? And I have only few days to prepare it.

I already know I'd like to talk to Mariano Zabaleta about his TV show (55 pages of this thread to read for me... but I'll do it) – do you want me to ask him to invite someone special for you to the show? And to Andreas Vinciguerra about his life fulfilled with injuries (I have to revise my medical vocabulary lol), which is already almost arranged.

Do you have any ideas, your memories? Any ideas of around-tennis topics not exactly related to players? (I'll try to catch the supervisor heh). I understand you may not want to post it here so you can PM me and I'll be grateful for any links. Here is the list of players which are coming: Sanguinetti / Martin / Calleri / Zabaleta / Serra / Hernandez / Sabau / Montanes / Behrend / Vanek / Almagro / Starace / Costa / Mantilla / Sanchez / Tabara / Di Mauro / Vicente / Portas / Ulihrach / Marach / Marin / El Aynaoui / Kubot / Matkowski / Fyrstenberg / Chadaj / Panfil / Vinciguerra

It will be my first appearance in such role and the first time always hurts - I'm so damn intimidated !!!
the official site is www.pekaoopen.com.pl so you're all welcomed ;)

Action Jackson
09-12-2005, 06:57 PM
I can help you with a few of these and I will PM you soon, but the criteria I am bit stuck on as I in what sort of questions, so what I will do is give you a list and then you can work it from there.

I'd like to know when I will be able to see these interviews.

alfonsojose
09-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Something about the hotelr room or their habits. For example, how many shirts do u have, how is the deal with the sponsor. Do you chose, your girlfriend, etc? Or if there's a traditional food in the area, did they like it?

Nathaliia
09-12-2005, 07:25 PM
George, I can't promise you I will really make everything go the way I can imagine at this moment, because it doesn't depend on me and I have never worked in a place like this so I don't know how it looks like :(. The only sure things are: challenger starts on Monday and I'm arriving Sunday afternoon. I suppose all the articles (I still don't know if they want normal interviews or articles based on a conversation, because last year they were publishing the articles...) will be on the official website which also has English and German version (I asked if I have to translate my writing but they said no), but no matter what, if I'm really able to make serious interviews or some other non-published but semi-professional conversations, I'll send them to you after the tourney.

Hmm the topics... For example, my boss said he was angry with a guy interviewing Alberto Martin last year. Martin came for the 7th time to that challenger and he was asked some obvious questions like: "What do you like in Szczecin the most and why do you keep on coming here?". Martin gave the banal answers: "Because it's so nice and people are friendly". (whole converastion looked like this). My boss concluded that guy should have locked Martin in a room for an hour and make him wonder what EXACTLY made Martin to come back again (IMHO it's quite stupid - points and money, but I'm not a journalist though...).

Of course, I can ask Martin: "Alberto could you possibly translate for me into English these things you were shouting to me in Spanish at your match versus Monaco in Sopot 2004 when I was going crazy for Monaco, and why did you try to hit me with a ball, please?". I suppose the organizers don't want too spicy interviews.

Action Jackson
09-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Ok, thanks for the answer Nathaliia, as I said I could give some possible helpful info, it is just I hope it does not get used in the wrong way that is all.

Whistleway
09-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Good luck, Nathaliia.

Nathaliia
09-12-2005, 08:12 PM
thanks for help ;) and the encouraging ;)

Somebody adviced me to ask Adam Chadaj if he knew about his thread on MTF :lol: