The Return of the King: Moya defeats Srichaphan 7-6 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Return of the King: Moya defeats Srichaphan 7-6 6-3

its.like.that
09-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Well done Carlos, you have surprised us all.

:)

Next up he meets Stefan Koubek.

Nathy
09-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Yay Carlitos :smooch:

Neely
09-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Yay, Carlos! :) :clap2:

And now tell me how many much you had on Carlos, its.like.that? :p

bad gambler
09-12-2005, 01:41 PM

monopoly money doesn't count neels ;)

bad gambler
09-12-2005, 01:41 PM
congrats carlos

buddyholly
09-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Does every tennis result really need its own thread?
Since this vCash thing started, MTF is becoming cluttered with repetitive info. The score is already available in Current Tournaments, as everyone knows. Why repeat it?

Fergie
09-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Well done Carlos!!! :bounce:

its.like.that
09-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Yay, Carlos! :) :clap2:

hrmmm... tell me how smart I would have to be to bet on a 50/50 match involving Moya AND Srichaphan.

then go and quote my post on the gambler's forum where I tipped Moya.

look forward to hearing from you.

:kiss:

its.like.that
09-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Since this vCash thing started, MTF is becoming cluttered with repetitive info. The score is already available in Current Tournaments, as everyone knows. Why repeat it?

when an out of sorts player like Carlos finally scores a rare victory, it shall be celebrated.

liptea
09-12-2005, 02:09 PM

This one is special! Carlos never wins anymore and this thread just made my day, because I wasnt even going to check the scores since I thought he was going to get double bagelled or quintuple bagelled or something.

Carlos is my bff for LIFE!

buddyholly
09-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Carlos is my bff for LIFE!

bff?

Well, OK, but a seeded player beating an unseeded player is hardly cause for celebration. However, last year he was seeded No. 1 and lost in the first round to TSONGA :D , se he has definitely shown an improvement.

liptea
09-12-2005, 02:36 PM
bff?

Well, OK, but a seeded player beating an unseeded player is hardly cause for celebration. However, last year he was seeded No. 1 and lost in the first round to TSONGA :D , se he has definitely shown an improvement.
don't remind me of that day. I started crying in the middle of US History and was dismissed from class to take a nap.

buddyholly
09-12-2005, 02:44 PM
don't remind me of that day. I started crying in the middle of US History and was dismissed from class to take a nap.

:rolls:

enqvistfan
09-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Congrats Carlos :yeah: Good luck againt Koubek, you'll do it !!!

Papakori
09-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Paradorn :crying2:

But well done Carlos!

TheBoiledEgg
09-12-2005, 05:47 PM
beating your pigeon doesnt count does it
still it dont make up for that pathetic effort in NY :fiery:

Carlos..... :shrug:

MariaV
09-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Oh no Niti! :hug: Good that Carlos didn't disappoint you today. :) VAMOS! :bigclap: :banana: :bounce:

alelysafina
09-13-2005, 02:53 AM

hhhmmm wonder if I could get out of class for that too.....

HappyAndie
09-13-2005, 03:12 AM
This put a huge smile on my face (quite a feat considering I am on a break right now from reading Chaucer for Lit class :yawn: )!
Vamos Carlos!

liptea
09-13-2005, 03:22 AM
hhhmmm wonder if I could get out of class for that too.....

haha, try it. But seriously, I had my laptop in to "take notes, " but I was really checking the scores, and I saw that Carlos had lost, and I started bawling. And it was really unfortunate, because we were learning about Britain winning the Battle of the Bulge, and Mr. Godfrey could not figure out why the Nazi loss had me so depressed, so he just attributed it to mental insanity and sent me back to my room. (it helps that I go to boarding school)

Mechlan
09-13-2005, 04:32 AM
Paradorn. :sad:

I'm not getting my hopes up yet for Carlos - a win against Paradorn means nothing.

alelysafina
09-13-2005, 04:45 AM
haha, try it. But seriously, I had my laptop in to "take notes, " but I was really checking the scores, and I saw that Carlos had lost, and I started bawling. And it was really unfortunate, because we were learning about Britain winning the Battle of the Bulge, and Mr. Godfrey could not figure out why the Nazi loss had me so depressed, so he just attributed it to mental insanity and sent me back to my room. (it helps that I go to boarding school)

:lol: :lol:

Billabong
09-13-2005, 04:57 AM
Moya:yeah:

its.like.that
09-13-2005, 07:54 AM

if you're so emotionally attached to Carlos, I take it you've been gone through many boxes of tissues this year.

:p

liptea
09-13-2005, 05:05 PM
if you're so emotionally attached to Carlos, I take it you've been gone through many boxes of tissues this year.

:p

truckloads. :p

1sun
09-13-2005, 05:12 PM
wow! you go to boarding school!(btw im not taking the piss), ive always wanted to go to boarding school, and your allowed to use laptops in class? your sooo lucky!!!whats it like there at boarding school?

liptea
09-13-2005, 05:31 PM
wow! you go to boarding school!(btw im not taking the piss), ive always wanted to go to boarding school, and your allowed to use laptops in class? your sooo lucky!!!whats it like there at boarding school?

It's awesome. I actually go a special school for the arts, and I'm a pianist. So I go to music classes in the morning and then regular classes until 6, sometimes even 9 or 10. So I'm in class A lot. And we're allowed to take notes on laptops; there's a lot of freedom in general, because it's really small.

I want Carlos to be my prom date, guys.

tinuviel_estel
09-13-2005, 05:33 PM
:woohoo: congrats :woohoo:

acoffeygirl
09-13-2005, 05:39 PM
It's awesome. I actually go a special school for the arts, and I'm a pianist. So I go to music classes in the morning and then regular classes until 6, sometimes even 9 or 10. So I'm in class A lot. And we're allowed to take notes on laptops; there's a lot of freedom in general, because it's really small.

You win at life!!

PaulieM
09-13-2005, 05:41 PM
for you i'm sure he'd do it. make sure you tell him the story about you crying in class because of him. how could he say no?

1sun
09-13-2005, 05:48 PM

wow, you must be really smart! sounds great but i dont know if i would be too happy about studying till 10 :eek:
are you allowed to go out at the night and party and stuff? or do you have to be in early? whats your room like? are you allowed tvs and stuff?im so intrigued!! sorry its just ive never spoken to anyone who goes to boarding school or has been(apart from my parents who went in like the middle ages :o but its alot different now).

PaulieM
09-13-2005, 06:01 PM
wow, you must be really smart! sounds great but i dont know if i would be too happy about studying till 10 :eek:
are you allowed to go out at the night and party and stuff? or do you have to be in early? whats your room like? are you allowed tvs and stuff?im so intrigued!! sorry its just ive never spoken to anyone who goes to boarding school or has been(apart from my parents who went in like the middle ages :o but its alot different now).
i went to boarding school, not an artsy one just a regular prep school. we had class from 8am-6pm, with half days on saturday and wednesday, having class on saturday isn't as bad as it sounds. we didn't get to go out and party at night, depending on what year you were you had to be in at either 8,9, or 10, and everyone by 11 on saturday night. sadly no tvs in our rooms just in the common area, and we weren't allowed to watch tv after 8pm which of course is when all the good stuff is on.

1sun
09-13-2005, 07:02 PM
i went to boarding school, not an artsy one just a regular prep school. we had class from 8am-6pm, with half days on saturday and wednesday, having class on saturday isn't as bad as it sounds. we didn't get to go out and party at night, depending on what year you were you had to be in at either 8,9, or 10, and everyone by 11 on saturday night. sadly no tvs in our rooms just in the common area, and we weren't allowed to watch tv after 8pm which of course is when all the good stuff is on.
thanks for the that. thats long studying days, in a normal london school its 9 till 3.30, with 5 hours of work, 1 hr lunch, 20 mins break
the times you have to be in are kinda lame and the no tvs, but i would still love to go to boarding school.

liptea
09-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Mine's kinda the same as Paulie's, but we get to have TVs in our rooms (but no cable), and I have full days of class from 8-6. Piano Seminar and Humanities is at night, and those run late sometimes, along with rehearsal.

I love it.