Congrats To Lance Armstrong! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Congrats To Lance Armstrong!

Chloe le Bopper
07-28-2002, 04:54 PM
I don't really watch cycling at all, but its not everyday that someone wins their 4th Tour de France :eek:

Nimi
07-28-2002, 05:00 PM
Ya, congrats, whoever you are!

Chloe le Bopper
07-28-2002, 05:39 PM
Niminator - where are you from?

The tour de france is some big cycling race - um I dont know if its the biggest, cause I dont follow cycling...

Armstrong beat cancer, and has gone on to win it 4 times in a row.

Lleyki
07-28-2002, 05:55 PM
Congrats Lance :bounce:

Layla
07-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Yeah, congratulations! :bounce:

What a miracle man. :eek:

Dissident
07-29-2002, 04:45 AM
Im not into cycling at all, but beating that cancer is already enough for him to be considered a hero. And winning Tour de France 4 times in a row! :eek:

Congrats! :bounce:

the cat
07-29-2002, 04:56 AM
When you take all things into consideration, Lance Armstrong winning 4 straight Tour de France titles is a monumental accomplishment! And in doing so, Lance Armstrong has frustrated the French and European Cycling fans to no end! :eek: And I love it! :bounce:

Jessi
07-29-2002, 09:13 AM
Congrats!:bounce:

harry_potter
07-29-2002, 09:15 AM
congrats! :D :bounce: :D :bounce: :D :bounce:

Maeike
07-29-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by the cat
When you take all things into consideration, Lance Armstrong winning 4 straight Tour de France titles is a monumental accomplishment! And in doing so, Lance Armstrong has frustrated the French and European Cycling fans to no end! :eek: And I love it! :bounce:

Are you implying that french and european cycling fans are frustrated cause he's an american who won the tour 4 times? :confused: Believe me if it were a belgian who did this (yeah like thats ever gonna happen lol) i'd be annoyed aswell :D:D

Its a bit frustrating to see that after the first week all the excitement and tension is gone but congrats to him. He's a great rider and he was clearly the best :)

the cat
07-29-2002, 03:38 PM
Yes Angelica, I am implying that the French and European Cycling fans are frustrated because an American Cancer survivor by the name of Lance Armstrong has won the Tour de France championship 4 years in a row! :eek: Why were some of them chanting "Do-pay Do-pay" as in a Drug user? :confused: They are bitter and jealous that an American owns their event! Would they chant "Do-pay" at a French Cancer surving Cyclist if he had won 4 consecutive Tour de France championships? Of course not! Angelica, I'm just telling it like it is! :eek:

And nothing they chant or say about Lance Armstrong can take away from his great accomplishments! :bounce:

U.S. AIR FORCE
07-29-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by the cat

LOL. Me too! :D

Maeike
07-29-2002, 03:59 PM
You really think that? Personally im kinda annoyed that he won again. Not because i dont like him (i do actually) or because he's american :confused: but because i like to see great battles and new riders edging to the front and you have to admit that this year it was kinda boring for the non Lance fans.

Firstly - I dont think there's that sort of anti-american mentality in france let alone in the whole of europe. I think they shouted those things simply because they're tired of seeing the same man win all the time (american or not) and because he's sooo much better than all the rest which makes some people believe he's doped (im pretty sure they're all doped but thats besides the point here).
The french people are known for their chauvinism and i think they would have shouted those things, not at a frenchman but at any other rider in Armstrong's place.

Secondly - How does him beating cancer have anything to do with what they shouted and how they feel about him?

Lastly - i would appreciate it if you didnt group all french people and more universally all europeans as being one and the same.

The Crow
07-29-2002, 04:54 PM
Pffft cat, I'm a European and I'm very happy Lance won again. There's nothing anti-American going on. It's just what Maeike said, it's was way too boring (but hell it was the same in Indurain's days).

And about the dope thing. It's the same as if another (non-American) cycler would dominate. Domination is always suspicious to some people.

the cat
07-30-2002, 07:59 PM
Angelica and The Crow, you make some fine points!

Angelica, you are right about not grouping people together. I didn't mean to do that. But I feel those "Dope" comments they make about Armstrong are absolutely hideous and hate filled! :mad: Lance Armstrong in my eyes, is someone to be admired! :) And not just because he won the Tour de France 4 straight years! He did come back from the near grave to beat Testicular Cancer! And that's far more admirable than winning the Tour de France 4 consecutive times! :)

The Crow
07-30-2002, 08:07 PM
Well cat, people only feel sorry for (once) sick people when they don't beat their favs ;)