How many GrandSlams will Fed win in 2006? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How many GrandSlams will Fed win in 2006?

deliveryman
09-12-2005, 02:56 AM
I know it's a bit early, and we still have the rest of the HC/indoor + Tennis Masters to see, but I would still like to hear your opinions.

Personally, I think 3:

Australian Open
French Open (I believe he'll do it next year)
U.S. Open

(I think he'll lose in some shocker at Wimby)

EDIT: whoops forgot to put the option "none."

rofe
09-12-2005, 03:00 AM
I think he will have a major loss of motivation next year and lose all four GS. In 2007, he will win all 4 and then retire. ;)

njnetswill
09-12-2005, 03:06 AM
I think he will win two. Australian and Wimbledon. QF loss at Paris and Final loss in USOpen.

Deivid23
09-12-2005, 03:09 AM
Five

bad gambler
09-12-2005, 03:10 AM
he wont lose a match next year

Daniel
09-12-2005, 03:11 AM
Four

drf716
09-12-2005, 03:14 AM
the thought alone makes me sick

Tennis Fool
09-12-2005, 03:15 AM
Feds is averaging 2 a year, and will do so barring injury, I suspect, winning Wimbledon and the AO/USO with maybe a FO open on another year.

Personal note to Deliveryman and DickE among others: I'm not happy with the incorrect use of "Grand Slam". A Grand Slam is the winning of the 4 Slams in a row or over the course of a year. Agassi has the career Grand Slam. Roger won a Slam today to add to his 5 other Slams.

oneandonlyhsn
09-12-2005, 03:16 AM
the thought alone makes me sick

:ras: hater

El Legenda
09-12-2005, 03:17 AM
Roger will win the next 8 GS to make it 10 in a row. :lol:

selesfan
09-12-2005, 03:21 AM
I hope all 4. ;)

oneandonlyhsn
09-12-2005, 03:21 AM
Next year will be Nalbandian for AO, Chela for FO, Braccialli for Wimbledon, and Lalo for US Open

megadeth
09-12-2005, 03:25 AM
i think it's possible he'll win all 4.

AO is on hardcourts. he can do it there.
FO is roger's priority
W is gonna ba his favorite and he'll do what he can to defend it
USO also on hard courts. can be done.

if you thnk about it, he would've won all four this year if he converted on his MP on safin in AO

and if he wasn't that nervous against a hot nadal.

Deivid23
09-12-2005, 03:28 AM
Next year will be Nalbandian for AO, Chela for FO, Braccialli for Wimbledon, and Lalo for US Open

I can´t see the 4th happening, sorry

Scotso
09-12-2005, 03:31 AM
I really hope he doesn't win all four. I'd die of boredom.

rofe
09-12-2005, 03:34 AM
i think it's possible he'll win all 4.

AO is on hardcourts. he can do it there.
FO is roger's priority
W is gonna ba his favorite and he'll do what he can to defend it
USO also on hard courts. can be done.

if you thnk about it, he would've won all four this year if he converted on his MP on safin in AO

and if he wasn't that nervous against a hot nadal.

Unfortunately, I think he is still very nervous against Nadal. If he doesn't play against Nadal again before the FO, I am afraid, he will have the same result as this year.

deliveryman
09-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Nadal will not beat Roger on a Hardcourt / Indoor / Grass within the next 2 years, if they play.

guinevere_79
09-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Roger will not win four majors in a year. It's just too difficult.

I think he'll win Slam titles at the same rate as Sampras. From now on, the most he can manage is two a year. Next year, he'll probably take the Australian Open and Wimbledon.

*karen*
09-12-2005, 12:30 PM
I think he'll win the same as this year. Wimbledon and US open

Jimnik
09-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Unfortunately, I think he is still very nervous against Nadal. If he doesn't play against Nadal again before the FO, I am afraid, he will have the same result as this year.
What if Nadal gets injured before Roland Garros? Who's going to beat Fed then?

pinky
09-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Personal note to Deliveryman and DickE among others: I'm not happy with the incorrect use of "Grand Slam". A Grand Slam is the winning of the 4 Slams in a row or over the course of a year. Agassi has the career Grand Slam. Roger won a Slam today to add to his 5 other Slams.

Not 100% sure about english, but in french at least, every event of the Grand Slam series is called a Grand Slam tournament. If you win all 4, you do the "Grand Slam", but people also call Grand Slam tournaments as simply Grand Slam...

pinky
09-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Follow up: in this interview GWH posted, Lendl said "I always say each Grand Slam for the first time is more special than the others.", which is also using Grand Slam for Grand Slam tournament...
I think you can win a Grand Slam (for 1 event) or you win the Grand Slam or do the Grand Slam if you win all 4 the same year.

Neely
09-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Two.
(I hope for none at all, though.)

Mrs. B
09-12-2005, 01:15 PM
still hard on the USO champ, are we, neely? ;)

Neely
09-12-2005, 01:34 PM
still hard on the USO champ, are we, neely? ;)
come again? :confused:

Sam L (WTAW)
09-12-2005, 01:38 PM
1 or 2

I can totally see him winning the French Open and Wimbledon.

Fergie
09-12-2005, 01:44 PM
I want 4 ut I think that 3 :)

1sun
09-12-2005, 02:40 PM
be very happy with 2 and think he will win 2 but obviously would love him to win all 4 but thats very very very unlikely

Art&Soul
09-12-2005, 03:00 PM
3 are enought for me :p ;) :)

lucashg
09-12-2005, 03:08 PM
All 4 and without dropping a set, bagelling at least once each runner-up. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope he wins the Australian and the French. But Wimbledon still will be his best slam and I think he can repeat there once again. The hardcourts slams are a lot more open, and RG... phew, just too many people can win. It'll also depend on his health, fitness and level of play, so if everything's in the right place for him, he should be able to at least repeat this year.

RogiFan88
09-12-2005, 06:45 PM
the only slam I want Rogi to win in 2006 is RG but in order to do that he will most likely have to UPSET Rafa -- a tall order but he s make it his top priority before he has even more contenders to threaten for the title.

Jimnik
09-12-2005, 06:59 PM
I think Roger is still more determined to retain Wimbledon than to win his 1st Roland Garros title. He always says that he really wants to win Roland Garros but then he should make sure he plays enough clay tournaments like Barcelona and Rome.

I reckon he'll win Wimbledon and the US Open next year again. Either Nadal or one of the other youngsters will beat him at AO and RG.

Galaxystorm
09-12-2005, 07:11 PM
It's very difficult to say how many GS's will win cuz we don't know how many GS's will play, maybe he will be injured etc...

I see him as the winner at Wimbly and Flushing meadows ( at Wimbly without doubt cuz on grass it's almost impossible to beat Federer at the best of 5 sets ).

I don't see him the winner at Roland Garros , cuz the best Nadal and Ferrero on clay are better than Federer . I expect next year Ferrero will be another time at his best.

And regarding Aus Open, rebound ace although is a hard court is a quite slow court among hard courts, ant this fact makes claycourters increase their chances . Rebound ace is a formidable surface for Nadal, then i think in Melbourne Nadal can give a great surprise next year.

jacobhiggins
09-12-2005, 07:18 PM
I think he will win Wimby and maybe the Australian Open or US Open, I don't think he will win the French Open next year but will eventually. If Roger Federer can learn to play that well on grass on hardcourts, he can teach himself how to play that way on Clay, he's already one of the best on that surface so I don't think RG is as far out of reach as some of you are making it out to be!

LLeytonRules
09-12-2005, 07:20 PM
If he somehow wins 3 out of 4 again, he would be the only one to do that, separating himself from Wilander which is a great achievement.

landoud
09-12-2005, 07:27 PM
2...aus. and wibledon

Jimnik
09-12-2005, 08:47 PM
It's very difficult to say how many GS's will win cuz we don't know how many GS's will play, maybe he will be injured etc...

I see him as the winner at Wimbly and Flushing meadows ( at Wimbly without doubt cuz on grass it's almost impossible to beat Federer at the best of 5 sets ).

I don't see him the winner at Roland Garros , cuz the best Nadal and Ferrero on clay are better than Federer . I expect next year Ferrero will be another time at his best.

And regarding Aus Open, rebound ace although is a hard court is a quite slow court among hard courts, ant this fact makes claycourters increase their chances . Rebound ace is a formidable surface for Nadal, then i think in Melbourne Nadal can give a great surprise next year.
I agree. I think Nadal has a good chance of winning the Australian Open next year.

I hope you're right about Ferrero.
VAMOS JC!

MisterQ
09-12-2005, 08:54 PM
It will be interesting to see. Right now it seems inconceivable that Roger's form could come back down to earth, but who knows. McEnroe had arguably the best year in men's tennis history in 1984 (roger's last two years are also candidates for this...) but then never won another slam. Same with Wilander in 1988. Strange how these things work sometimes...

Corey Feldman
09-12-2005, 09:07 PM
I really hope he doesn't win all four. I'd die of boredom.
Now i have an extra reason for wanting him to win all 4..
anyways, id say 2 again... Aus and Wim.

Angle Queen
09-12-2005, 09:13 PM
I'll buck the trend...just to be different. I think Roger will make a concerted effort to win RG next year...even, gasp, at the risk of sabotaging his chances to four-peat at Wimby.

I voted two. RG and either the AO or USO...but not both.

Just my opinion...

Fedex
09-12-2005, 09:14 PM
he wont lose a match next year
:lol:

PaulieM
09-12-2005, 09:14 PM
1 or 2. i'd like one of them to be RG but not if it means he won't win wimbledon, and it's so hard to win them both in the same year, so i'm gonna say wimbledon plus either the australian or uso, hopefully australian. :)

Fedex
09-12-2005, 09:20 PM
What if Nadal gets injured before Roland Garros? Who's going to beat Fed then?
Plenty of guys can beat Federer on a clay court; not just Nadal.

Galaxystorm
09-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Nadal will not beat Roger on a Hardcourt / Indoor / Grass within the next 2 years, if they play.

It seems you haven't watched their two meetings in Miami. Nadal's topspin destroys Federer game on clay and hard , and every time they face Federer plays a horrible match. Kudos for Nadal.

vincayou
09-12-2005, 09:34 PM
I voted for 2, Australian and Wimbledon. But he can win them all in the current state. The only problem for him might be the improvement of some players, even some of his current generation.

alfonsojose
09-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Roddick vs. Federer would be an incredible match on clay :D

mellowyellow
09-12-2005, 11:59 PM
i would say 3. wimbledon for sure and most probably the AO and USO.

LLeytonRules
09-13-2005, 12:03 AM
He will try and go for 4 at Wimbledon, thats one in which he really likes getting, especially since he was young, it was his favorite one.

LCeh
09-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Hmm, hard to decide between one or two.

As a fan, the slam I most want him to win next year is of course the French Open. I would be happy if he can win that slam alone next year, but if he somehow managed to win Wimbledon again after that it will be the ultimate achievement imo. And no, I won't be hoping for anything more cause that is just asking for too much, even though hoping for him to win RO/wimbly back to back IS already asking for too much, but what can I do. ;)

Federerhingis
09-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Yeah I have to agree with the last post, somewhere between one or two. Actually if he wins a slam that will do it for me, from now on it will only get tougher and tougher for him to repeat these types of seasons ala '04 and '05. We saw how much everyone tried to gun after him, Nadal won that contest this year and still wasnt able to be as or not nearly as consistent as Fed. Hes got major work to do on on his grass court game, and Fed has got to do some soul searching on how much he really wants to give Nadal or any of the better clay court players a run for their money.