Why Fed will win (the easy answer) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why Fed will win (the easy answer)

Tennis Fool
09-11-2005, 04:40 AM
He beat Hewitt.

liptea
09-11-2005, 04:44 AM
I bet everyone prays for Lleyton on their half of the draw so that they know they have a chance at the title.

R.Federer
09-11-2005, 04:45 AM
Yes it is true that there is hewit streak about losing to eventual champions in the slams.
But too many superstitions here. I think this is a competitive match. I am very sure andre is recognizing his future in slams is uncertain and really wants to leave all on to the court itself. Roge also wants to make his year better after losing in Australia so close. Roge is very aware of slams and his position for history by winning them

Tennis Fool
09-11-2005, 04:59 AM
But too many superstitions here.
Well on the WTA side, Clijsters broke the "every 05 Slam winner faced match point" and also upset Mary's 5-year plan.

HOWEVER, she proved the Williams(Davenport)-Belgian(Pierce)-Williams(Davenport)-Belgian(Pierce) ;)

Tennis Fool
09-11-2005, 05:11 AM
I bet everyone prays for Lleyton on their half of the draw so that they know they have a chance at the title.
This will continue to be the case as long as he's with Bec Cartwright.
On the other side, Kim at last won a Slam when she kicked him to the curb.

Billabong
09-11-2005, 05:13 AM
In WTA there was a similar situation, because Sharapova had lost to the eventual champion is every GS this year too! Clijsters confirmed the pattern by winning the US Open tonight, so Sharapova officially lost to the eventual champ in all 4 GS of 2005! So far Hewitt lost to the eventual champ everytime he played in a GS since 2004 (He didn't play 2005 FO), so this goes in the favour of Rogi tomorrow:D!

amazingpotato
09-11-2005, 05:16 AM
Well on the WTA side, Clijsters broke the "every 05 Slam winner faced match point" and also upset Mary's 5-year plan.

HOWEVER, she proved the Williams(Davenport)-Belgian(Pierce)-Williams(Davenport)-Belgian(Pierce) ;)

she also proved the maria "lost to the eventual champion of every 05 Slam."

Tennis Fool
09-11-2005, 05:17 AM
In WTA there was a similar situation, because Sharapova had lost to the eventual champion is every GS this year too! Clijsters confirmed the pattern by winning the US Open tonight, so Sharapova officially lost to the eventual champ in all 4 GS of 2005! So far Hewitt lost to the eventual champ everytime he played in a GS since 2004 (He didn't play 2005 FO), so this goes in the favour of Rogi tomorrow:D!
Great stat! Do they know that on the sister board? You should post a thread ;)

R.Federer
09-11-2005, 05:20 AM
HOWEVER, she proved the Williams(Davenport)-Belgian(Pierce)-Williams(Davenport)-Belgian(Pierce) ;) Yes, did not notice this but true.
Once again all Williams are clubbed into one nation, the Williams nation, like the country Belgium ;)

So what is on the line tomorrow?

1. Roge streaks in the finals, 22 and going, should win if this pattern continues

2. andre has own little streak: RUP in 1990, won in 1994, RUP in 1995, won in 1999, RUP in 2002. Yep: RUP win RUP win RUP -- should be followed by won if the pattern continues?

R.Federer
09-11-2005, 05:22 AM
Great stat! Do they know that on the sister board? You should post a thread ;)
I posted one within 3 minutes of kim's win
and I was beaten by someone who posted within 2 minutes

I then bumped up the "Hewitt career slam " of last year about 2 hours ago to make that point about sharapova

AgassiFan
09-11-2005, 05:24 AM
.Why Fed will win (the easy answer)

I've got arguably an even easier answer: he will win because he is better than his opponent in every way.

R.Federer
09-11-2005, 05:25 AM
I've got arguably an even easier answer: he will win because he is better than his opponent in every way.
See my above post about the pattern of his Win/RUP status

BAMJ6
09-11-2005, 05:29 AM
2. andre has own little streak: RUP in 1990, won in 1994, RUP in 1995, won in 1999, RUP in 2002. Yep: RUP win RUP win RUP -- should be followed by won if the pattern continues?

AKA the pattern of Sampras/non Sampras in USO finals

90 Sampras lose, 94 n/Sampras win, 95 Sampras lose, 99 n/Sampras win, 2002 Sampras lose, 2005 n/Sampras

Tennis Fool
09-11-2005, 05:30 AM
Yes, did not notice this but true.
Once again all Williams are clubbed into one nation, the Williams nation, like the country Belgium ;)

So what is on the line tomorrow?

1. Roge streaks in the finals, 22 and going, should win if this pattern continues

No, because he was on the 5 year plan that was broken last year :haha:

BAMJ6
09-11-2005, 05:32 AM
No, because he was on the 5 year plan that was broken last year :haha:

That's not the plan. This was

90 Sampras lose, 94 n/Sampras win, 95 Sampras lose, 99 n/Sampras win, 2002 Sampras lose, 2005 n/Sampras?

Tennis Fool
09-11-2005, 05:33 AM

90 Sampras lose, 94 n/Sampras win, 95 Sampras lose, 99 n/Sampras win, 2002 Sampras lose, 2005 n/Sampras
:p You pulled that one out of a dusty textbook.

Tennis Fool
09-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Any other theories?

R.Federer
09-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Pete had bookend wins, so if that theory holds then andre must have bookend RUPS. just kidding andre fans.... it is all we are joking with superstitions here

T Fool, this is why I ask you about andre's GS final record because I was trying to see if anything can be made into a pattern there. We know andre win the last one he reach, and lose the one before, so if that is somewhat the pattern then by extension andre lose today

wimbledonfan
09-11-2005, 08:15 PM
I think if Agassi says his prayers and eats his vitamins , he has a chance at winning .

Tennis Fool
09-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Pete had bookend wins, so if that theory holds then andre must have bookend RUPS. just kidding andre fans.... it is all we are joking with superstitions here

T Fool, this is why I ask you about andre's GS final record because I was trying to see if anything can be made into a pattern there. We know andre win the last one he reach, and lose the one before, so if that is somewhat the pattern then by extension andre lose today
Didn't you post Agassi's record yesterday? Or maybe I'm just not understanding :confused:

R.Federer
09-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Didn't you post Agassi's record yesterday? Or maybe I'm just not understanding :confused:

No. I only post andre's US open win/RuP status

I asked you in your other thread what is his GS final record (all GS finals not just USO), and you say "I dont know but someone here does". No one else responds.

Tennis Fool
09-11-2005, 08:34 PM
No. I only post andre's US open win/RuP status

I asked you in your other thread what is his GS final record (all GS finals not just USO), and you say "I dont know but someone here does". No one else responds.
You also said "off hand", which I don't. I suppose I could look it up, but don't have the inclination, sorry. :p I was hoping AgassiFan or MisterQ would jump in the thread with the answer. You could possible ask in the Agassi forum. They would know...

Geniey2g
09-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Or Roddick! :haha:

Tennis Fool
09-12-2005, 03:44 AM
I hope next year Hewitt will be on ladder to success instead of being the ladder himself:p