Federer is going to beat Agassi [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer is going to beat Agassi

JeNn
09-11-2005, 12:45 AM
I thought some people might like to know :shrug:

LLeytonRules
09-11-2005, 12:48 AM
Thats the understatement of the year.Of course Agassi will be the underdog, we will see how much Roger wants this grandslam.Agassi wants it bad and he will fight Federer to the end.

andre the great
09-11-2005, 12:52 AM
Your probably right. Just hope Andre brings his A game and takes the first set to make a genuine match out of it.Don't want another Wimby 99 outcome

landoud
09-11-2005, 09:15 AM
but federer is gonna win it after all

TomTheNewb
09-11-2005, 09:19 AM
How bad would Federer have to play for Agassi to win?...Thinking D game

oneandonlyhsn
09-11-2005, 09:22 AM
:rolleyes: at this thread

JeNn
09-11-2005, 10:03 AM
:rolleyes: at this thread

It's not my fault there are so many stupid threads predicting outlandish outcomes, I thought I might start one stating the bleeding obvious. It can't be any more stupid can it? :D

IMMORTALCHAMP
09-11-2005, 10:46 AM
I do not agree with this thread.

oneandonlyhsn
09-11-2005, 11:54 AM
It's not my fault there are so many stupid threads predicting outlandish outcomes, I thought I might start one stating the bleeding obvious. It can't be any more stupid can it? :D

:rolls: No it cant, you crack me up

sigmagirl91
09-11-2005, 12:23 PM
One word here: DUUUUUHHHH!!!

Kristen
09-11-2005, 12:38 PM
here. Have some v-cash from my reply.

Make it quick Roger. I could hardly stand a set of watching Andre's 'walk' around the court against Ginepri last night :tape: Roger is my hero. :yeah:

revolution
09-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Another vcash scam. Please Andre, win tonight's final.

Fi-Fi
09-11-2005, 01:15 PM
i hope not... :sad:

*Ljubica*
09-11-2005, 01:18 PM
here. Have some v-cash from my reply.

Make it quick Roger. I could hardly stand a set of watching Andre's 'walk' around the court against Ginepri last night :tape: Roger is my hero. :yeah:

My thoughts exactly Kristen :)

barmaid
09-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Lets hope Rog brings his "A" game for Agassi today...while he's been playing "human" tennis for far I'd sure like him to make a definite statement today! Go Rog! :D

barmaid :wavey:

Fergie
09-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Lets hope Rog brings his "A" game for Agassi today...while he's been playing "human" tennis for far I'd sure like him to make a definite statement today! Go Rog! :D

:yeah: ... Go Rogi!

lunahielo
09-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Fergie
... Go Rogi!
Ditto. :yeah:
Make your statement at the US Open, Rogi.

victory1
09-11-2005, 06:37 PM
I hope it's a 5 set match. I NEVER cheer agaisnt Roger, today might be an exception!

WF4EVER
09-11-2005, 06:49 PM
If Roger plays this Final like he played his last 22 Finals, he more than likely will.

But I do not underestimate Agassi for a minute. He's in the Final and he should be regarded carefully. He has played well, so Roger will definitely have to raise his level today to win.

Agassi will come out of the blocks as fast as he can so as not to allow Rogie to get into a rhythm and to keep him off-balance as the match wears on. Considering he has had some 5-setters I'm sure he knows it's in his best interest to finish the match off as quickly as possible.

I'm not really concerned about Agassi as much as I'm concerned about Roger. I just want to see which Roger Federer shows up in the Final and I'll have my peace of mind. Or jump up on pins and needles throughout.

Roger tends to go into a seek and destroy mode on Sundays. I just home he brought that mode with him today.

AgassiFan
09-11-2005, 07:54 PM
.But I do not underestimate Agassi for a minute. He's in the Final and he should be regarded carefully. He has played well, so Roger will definitely have to raise his level today to win.

I don't get it: how people watching most of the Blake match (which should have been over in 3) and especially the Ginepri one, can say that Andre was playing "well"....

And by 'well', I mean 'anything close to good enough to beat Federer in best-of-5'.... NOT well by #65 rank standards.

Andre needs to play nothing short of BRILLIANT tennis from the get-go and win the 1st set. If he loses the 1st set, they should just halt the match and proceed with the award ceremony...

WF4EVER
09-11-2005, 08:32 PM
I don't get it: how people watching most of the Blake match (which should have been over in 3) and especially the Ginepri one, can say that Andre was playing "well"....

And by 'well', I mean 'anything close to good enough to beat Federer in best-of-5'.... NOT well by #65 rank standards.

Andre needs to play nothing short of BRILLIANT tennis from the get-go and win the 1st set. If he loses the 1st set, they should just halt the match and proceed with the award ceremony...

I wouldn't have anticipated a response like that with your name.

But Agassi has played well enough to win sme tough matches. And ranking doesn't demonstrate how a player would play on a given day! How low were Blake and Ginepri ranked before the USOpen Series began? What was Gille Muller's ranking when he beat Roddick int he first round (I really don't know but I hardly think it or Gilles in general would have raised any eyebrows before the match).

They have both improved a lot. In fact Blake should have beaten Agassi in 3 but still managed to blow it in 5. So Agassi has done what he needed to do to get to the Final. Efficiently, I don't think so but it may not matter.

Roger has been far from brilliant himself, so maybe it will be an even, well-contested Final.

Locke
09-11-2005, 08:48 PM
One thing we do know is this match will be closer than Clijsters vs. Pierce. Maybe just a little.

Daniel
09-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Vamos Roger :D